Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

Funny how Nintendo is supposed to be picking the DLC characters and the first one is actually one that hasn't been on a NIntendo system.

But hey, looks pretty cool nonetheless. If this means P5 is also getting ported to Switch I might actually play it.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

Funny how Nintendo is supposed to be picking the DLC characters and the first one is actually one that hasn't been on a NIntendo system.

Persona Q was on the 3DS, as is it's upcoming sequel.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

5 minutes ago, Jave said:

But hey, looks pretty cool nonetheless. If this means P5 is also getting ported to Switch I might actually play it.

I think that a Switch port at this point is more than likely going to happen now.

Can we bring back the battle theme meme now? We really didn't see it coming, and this is even the last surprise. 

Well, there were TMS characters who showed up as spirits as shown in the direct, so they were already working with ATLUS in some way.

Pretty cool, I kind of wanted Tsubasa to show up thinking she could have made for a Persona stand in.

Whoa, looking cool Joker!

I'm down. Joker is the kind of character I always sort of wanted (partially it was because I thought Shin Megami Tensei deserved a character) but didn't expect. He's basically Cloud: Second Coming on account of not being Nintendo related but being from a Nintendo related series, except Joker is much more recent. The trailer doesn't have any actual gameplay so I imagine he hasn't had much work done on him yet.

I think people will somehow twist this reveal to support their preexisting beliefs on what the rest of the DLC will be, like "of course most of the characters will be third party" or "Joker is just the exception, everyone else will advertise upcoming games."

Edited by Lightchao42

I have no idea what to think right now. Joker from Persona 5?! That is absolutely insane! Guys, there are no rules anymore, let your imaginations run wild from now on because in Smash Bros. EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

Just now, TheGoodHoms said:

I have no idea what to think right now. Joker from Persona 5?! That is absolutely insane! Guys, there are no rules anymore, let your imaginations run wild from now on because in Smash Bros. EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

Except for Goku.

Oh wow, certainly wasn't expecting this. I was always guessing an Atlus rep for Smash but always figured it would be Jack Frost since it was the mascot of the company or if it was a Persona character it would have been Yu Narukami. Glad to see Joker regardless, he is a great character and I can already see the jokes that will spawn of him and the announcer having the same English voice actor. Will probably play as him once his DLC releases.

1 minute ago, Dai said:

Except for Goku.

Just now, Captain Karnage said:

And Shrek

I assumed we all new I was talking about video game characters, I don't support Goku or Shrek in Smash, I actually hate it and I wish the very notion it would die already.

2 minutes ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I assumed we all new I was talking about video game characters, I don't support Goku or Shrek in Smash, I actually hate it and I wish the very notion it would die already.

Oh, I was only joking.

16 minutes ago, TheGoodHoms said:

Is it really any crazier than Snake?