Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

I can honestly say I was not expecting an Atlus character. I've never played a Persona game in my life, but I've heard so many good things about Persona 5, that I recognised him.

Such a good choice, and it gives me hope that the rest of the DLC pack will be good.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I assumed we all new I was talking about video game characters, I don't support Goku or Shrek in Smash, I actually hate it and I wish the very notion it would die already.

It's a meme, no one is being serious. 

28 minutes ago, Gemma said:

No items, Shrek only, Swamp, music set to play Smash Mouth 100% of the time

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL A VIDEO GAME!

Oh? Oh! Now that was something I would never have expected, never knew I wanted but actually quite like. Persona 5 is definitely one of the better games this generation so its richly deserved....even if its very weird. 

I definitely knew we would be seeing dlc but not Joker of all people. I wonder if some thieves will show up on the Persona Stage. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

1 hour ago, Captain Karnage said:

Well, there were TMS characters who showed up as spirits as shown in the direct, so they were already working with ATLUS in some way.

Pretty cool, I kind of wanted Tsubasa to show up thinking she could have made for a Persona stand in.

Only Tsubasa made it as a spirit so, yes, Sakurai must’ve approached Atlus at some point. If the Castlevania characters are a anything to go by, characters like Yu from P4 or Itsuki from TMS could show up as Echo Fighters.

Edited by Lord-Zero

3 hours ago, The Priest said:

Anyone confident on their DLC picks anymore?

Funny enough, my previously least-expected of my wanted characters just became my most-expected. 2B. Seriously, given Joker's inclusion and Reggie's comments I actually think there's a solid chance of 2B being one of the remaining four.

My other wants were Nintendo characters and Shantae. I don't expect any of them now.

11 minutes ago, Florete said:

Funny enough, my previously least-expected of my wanted characters just became my most-expected. 2B. Seriously, given Joker's inclusion and Reggie's comments I actually think there's a solid chance of 2B being one of the remaining four.

My other wants were Nintendo characters and Shantae. I don't expect any of them now.

I'm in a similar boat. I was expecting Bandana Dee, but after what Reggie said, I don't anymore...

Wow, okay. Sure, that's fine. Just gonna make it clear to everyone that Mr. Sakurai works miracles and probably will just make even more once Smash Ult development finally ends.

In other news, Splatoon 2 is holding a new Worldwide Splatfest, Heroes vs Villains Smash Ultimate edition.

Anyone know how to enhance spirits? I got my Ray MK II up to level 99 and it says it can be enhanced but I don't see any option to do that (whatever that even means). Is it something you need to find on the map?

Okay guys, I knew it your responses to my post were a joke and I shouldn't have responded so harshly. I probably wouldn't have responded the way I did if it wasn't an ungodly hour. I'm no night owl that's for sure.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Anyone know how to enhance spirits? I got my Ray MK II up to level 99 and it says it can be enhanced but I don't see any option to do that (whatever that even means). Is it something you need to find on the map?

It should just ask you to enhance it once it hits 99, and then if you hit no for some reason, it'll ask again when you check it (I think on the level up screen?). I enhanced four different spirits before I even touched World of Light.

I really, really hope Joker getting in is a hint towards Persona 5 getting a port on Switch. I've recently got into the series, but as someone who only gets Nintendo consoles for the most part, opportunities are few to actually play the series.

15 minutes ago, Johann said:

It should just ask you to enhance it once it hits 99, and then if you hit no for some reason, it'll ask again when you check it (I think on the level up screen?). I enhanced four different spirits before I even touched World of Light.

Ah. Thanks. I was just leveling up by using them. Never went to the manual level up screen.

So, Atlus gets a character. It's not Stocke. Dangit all, he would have been great (well, barring the issue of wielding a sword. We do have too many of those). (Okay, I may be playing RH:PC right now and I could be massively biased but imagine how brutal boss spiders could be in another series.)

I'm not begrudging Joker being in mind. It's also a shame that the trailer had no gameplay to look at, nice and stylish as that reveal was. Also, the cries for Waluigi are already happening and I am honestly unsympathetic.

8 hours ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

Still expecting a FE Three Houses rep, a Square rep, maybe a Gen 8 Pokemon rep and another surprise character!

I may be remembering wrong, but I believe Reggie said all the DLC would be like Joker, new franchises not seen in Smash yet.

Thinking about it, the worst thing about this announcement is that next year's Game Awards will probably have another character announcement. And I don't really want to watch the whole thing...

By the way, are there spirits of Arvis and/or Innes? Because I want to fight Xander Mobus as Xander Mobus while equipped with Xander Mobus and Xander Mobus.

15 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So it might be a silly question but is there a way to see what a Spirit actually does? I can see my starting spirits like Justin Belmond or Andrew Oikany but it doesn't say what their effect is. 

Justin Belmond? You mean Juste Belmont?

9 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

If the Castlevania characters are a anything to go by, characters like Yu from P4 or Itsuki from TMS could show up as Echo Fighters.

Not happening. Sakurai said during the DLC portion of the Smash Direct that no Echo Fighters will be among the 5 new ones and the DLC package only gives you 1 Fighter, 1 Stage and 1 soundtrack. Pretty sure that extends to the newcomers as well and no way that the other 4 are going to break that after this announcement.

Edited by The Priest

4 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Not happening. Sakurai said during the DLC portion of the Smash Direct that no Echo Fighters will be among the 5 new ones and the DLC package only gives you 1 Fighter, 1 Stage and 1 soundtrack. Pretty sure that extends to the newcomers as well and no way that the other 4 are going to break that after this announcement.

Also, echo fighters for Joker wouldn't make sense. He's different from other persona main characters, and his Wild Card ability means that the other Phantom Thieves can't echo him.

But I do expect all the other Phantom Thieves to appear in his Final Smash.