Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

Uh...Glaceon Mage's gonna totally hope this is true.

Rumor that some Dragon Quest character is the next one in line for DLC. Not confirmed though, just a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt, of course.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Rumor that some Dragon Quest character is the next one in line for DLC. Not confirmed though, just a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt, of course.

I’d be happy for it too, but I’d be wary given the treatment of Cloud, and due to the Dragon Quest composer. No idea who the hell they’d pick, though, unless they decided to go the Bowser Jr route.

9 minutes ago, Dai said:

I’d be happy for it too, but I’d be wary given the treatment of Cloud, and due to the Dragon Quest composer.

That's exactly how i feel not just for a Dragon Quest character but for any Square character. Square's just too stingy and if we do get a character, it'll just be a repeat of Cloud. Meaning we get the character, a stage and two songs and no Spirits.

The only Square Spirit in the game is Geno and he's technically a Mario character.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's exactly how i feel not just for a Dragon Quest character but for any Square character. Square's just too stingy and if we do get a character, it'll just be a repeat of Cloud. Meaning we get the character, a stage and two songs and no Spirits.

The only Square Spirit in the game is Geno and he's technically a Mario character.

Mallow too.

Man, I really wish they would have give you a couple of free music slots to add to each stage on My Music, so you can play a few songs from other series in some stages.

Because as it stands right now, I can't play the Tetris music on Luigi's Mansion AND THAT FRIGGIN' SUCKS.

Wow, just got spirits of the Whitewing Sisters and I am glad that they went with their art from Echoes. Also got Caeda recently as well and I am surprised they classed her as a Legend. I'm guessing her art is from the DS version of Shadow Dragon? Just need to find Camus now.

Also, I was surprised to find a track from Megaman Starforce in the shop and now I am hoping Battle Network also got at least one soundtrack in the game.

5 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

That's probably because Smash Bros. doesn't have much in the way of magic users; Robin is basically the only one aside from Zelda (is Palutena a magic user?), unless you consider PSI to be magic. Ganondorf uses darkness, which could be considered a form of magic, but only to enhance his physical attacks.

Magic means two different things here. There's magic user, which is the image of a mage that is used to represent other characters for spirit battles, which Robin fits into more solidly than any other character save maybe Zelda. Then there's magic attacks which quite a few characters seem to have

https://www.ssbwiki.com/Magic

Although the game gives very little to no indication about what it or isnt magic. If that list is to be believed though, Daisy, Peach and Palutena's all have some magic attacks and Rosalina is also almost exclusively magic. A  lot of PSI is magic too. On that subject, the PSI boosting spirits just mention Ness and Lucas, what about Mewtwo? He even plays the role of M Bison in a classic mode match yet he can't use the M Bison spirit to increase his attacks? PSI is psychic Nintendo <.<

Edited by Jotari

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Although the game gives very little to no indication about what it or isnt magic. If that list is to be believed though, Daisy, Peach and Palutena's all have some magic attacks and Rosalina is also almost exclusively magic. A  lot of PSI is magic too. On that subject, the PSI boosting spirits just mention Ness and Lucas, what about Mewtwo? He even plays the role of M Bison in a classic mode match yet he can't use the M Bison spirit to increase his attacks? PSI is psychic Nintendo <.<

I think Mewtwo's attacks are considered magic in this game (Psychic power is apparently magic as far as Nintendo is concerned). At least when I push recommended spirits for Mewtwo it puts magic boosting spirits up and physical boosts (for his tail attacks I assume). I guess PSI boosting spirits are only for Ness and Lucas in the same vein that aura boosting spirits are exclusive to Lucario (at least as far as the game tells me at any rate).

2 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

I think Mewtwo's attacks are considered magic in this game (Psychic power is apparently magic as far as Nintendo is concerned). At least when I push recommended spirits for Mewtwo it puts magic boosting spirits up and physical boosts (for his tail attacks I assume). I guess PSI boosting spirits are only for Ness and Lucas in the same vein that aura boosting spirits are exclusive to Lucario (at least as far as the game tells me at any rate).

Pretty silly considering PSI is more like magic than anything Mewtwo can do.

7 hours ago, Jave said:

Because as it stands right now, I can't play the Tetris music on Luigi's Mansion AND THAT FRIGGIN' SUCKS.

Which is weird because Tetris music played in Luigi's Mansion in Brawl iirc.

Likewise, The Valedictory Elegy from Baten Kaitos Origins used to play on Gaur Plains but now it plays on "Other" stages (Wuhu Island, Pictochat, Find Mii etc).

12 hours ago, Anacybele said:

So according to the leak the Persona stage is Mementos. I so hope that isn't true. That place always bored me to tears. An exiting game like Persona 5 and an exiting surprise character deserve a more exiting stage. 

14 hours ago, Dai said:

I’d be happy for it too, but I’d be wary given the treatment of Cloud, and due to the Dragon Quest composer. No idea who the hell they’d pick, though, unless they decided to go the Bowser Jr route.

The current rumor mill seems to be Erdrick with the XI protag as an alt, which Verg is actually backing up right now.

15 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Does anybody know how to "favourite" a spirit? It's just that it takes me some time to find my most used whenever I'm switching characters.

I think you press ZL. It says so on the screen. If not ZL, then ZR.

2 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Does anybody know how to "favourite" a spirit? It's just that it takes me some time to find my most used whenever I'm switching characters.

You push the 'L' or 'ZL' button to favorite a spirit as well as for spirit team setup.

47 minutes ago, Etheus said:

So, has anyone found their potential mains yet?

I've been playing a lot of Chrom, Richter, and Ken.

There's too many folks that are fun for me, it's hard to decide.

Isabelle is *literally* the most broken character in the game in casual play