Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

Results of the most recent Tournament are in, the top 8 is rather interesting.

11EF6CF7-2D84-4FF1-B814-32E10ACCF780.jpeg

Ridley v Wario Grand Finals is pretty hype. Plus surprise Bowser cameo for one match.

I wish so many great players would just main Bowser instead of trying to fit him in their pocket. Especially at SoCal Conference. M2K, Larry Lurr, and K9 all showing up with Bowsers too.

Edited by Glennstavos

Those all look like Europeans. Does Europe just have the most really really good players or something? xP Or was this a Europe only tournament?

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Those all look like Europeans. Does Europe just have the most really really good players or something? xP Or was this a Europe only tournament?

Valhalla takes place in Denmark. If you wanted to see the first batch of US majors in 2019, you're looking for SoCal Chronicles, Smash Conference, Kumite, and Orion. Japan also has Sumbato, these are all in the span of two days, and I'm hearing the streams are pulling in good viewership numbers so that's good to hear.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Valhalla takes place in Denmark. If you wanted to see the first batch of US majors in 2019, you're looking for SoCal Chronicles, Smash Conference, Kumite, and Orion. Japan also has Sumbato, these are all in the span of two days, and I'm hearing the streams are pulling in good viewership numbers so that's good to hear.

I see. That does sound good then.

And the Ike player won! Coolio, so awesome to see one of my favs get love and some glory! And against a character I hate too. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Apparently Underdog Boost was enabled on some sets at Smash Conference, which is not tournament standard. It increases the attack power of whoever's not in the lead. At least one kill was confirmed impossible without the boost.

Always double check those rule settings

Edited by Glennstavos

7 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Apparently Underdog Boost was enabled on some sets at Smash Conference, which is not tournament standard. It increases the attack power of whoever's not in the lead. At least one kill was confirmed impossible without the boost.

Always double check those rule settings

Oh wow, I remember seeing that live and being surprised it killed. Now I know why. I also wondered why he didn't push Chrom to the left edge and forward smash. That might have killed even without the boost.

Also, that Lucina player didn't seem to know that charging that long doesn't actually make the move stronger. The attack is already at its strongest when the charging animation ends.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And the Ike player won! Coolio, so awesome to see one of my favs get love and some glory! And against a character I hate too. :P

You hate Peach, but love Daisy? Logic doesn't follow for me 

Edited by Jotari

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

I know right? I don’t really get the Peach hate either. She’s actually pretty competent despite her damsel in distress role.

That aside, I more surprised that Ike won against a character with high mobility, then again Peach is rather light.

12 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

That aside, I more surprised that Ike won against a character with high mobility, then again Peach is rather light.

Even more surprising, that final hit could've actually been survivable if Peach DI'd. When she got Ftilted, there weren't any red sparks. Bad or no DI on Peach's part is what ended the game.

Edited by Armagon

29 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I know right? I don’t really get the Peach hate either. She’s actually pretty competent despite her damsel in distress role.

More people need to play Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG :(

4 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Peach has under average speed stats in every category though. Nobody should consider her fast. Only having slightly higher air speed than Ike while he is faster in fall speed and running speed. Peach is especially vulnerable to vertical KOs due to her second to last fall speed stat behind just Jigglypuff.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

...What are you talking about? What's confusing about it? It isn't like their personalities and behaviors are similar at all. They just wear a similar style dress. I prefer Daisy's design and more cheerful upbeat personality, thank you. Also, she likes flowers. I like flowers. I like yellow too.

I personally find Peach extremely annoying. I also don't like pink. And she gets kidnapped way too much. Daisy at least only got kidnapped once. Also, her taunts in Smash are really really annoying to me. I especially can't stand "lalalalalala!" >_<

So I'd appreciate it if you didn't act like my opinion is stupid.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

More people need to play Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG :(

I have played those games. Still didn't make me like her.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...What are you talking about? What's confusing about it? It isn't like their personalities and behaviors are similar at all. They just wear a similar style dress. I prefer Daisy's design and more cheerful upbeat personality, thank you. Also, she likes flowers. I like flowers. I like yellow too.

I personally find Peach extremely annoying. I also don't like pink. And she gets kidnapped way too much. Daisy at least only got kidnapped once. Also, her taunts in Smash are really really annoying to me. I especially can't stand "lalalalalala!" >_<

I never said, suggested or otherwise implied your opinion is stupid. I just said I didn't understand it.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

I never said, suggested or otherwise implied your opinion is stupid. I just said I didn't understand it.

Okay, but you said my opinion has no logic, which means you think it's illogical and I still kind of find that a little insulting. You probably didn't mean it that way though, I'm guessing. I'm just saying how it came off to me.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, but you said my opinion has no logic, which means you think it's illogical and I still kind of find that a little insulting. You probably didn't mean it that way though, I'm guessing. I'm just saying how it came off to me.

I said that logic doesn't follow "for me". As in I don't understand that logic. I wasn't making an absolute statement about the veracity of your beliefs in an objective sense. I don't think anyone can be objectively illogical about something they like. They might provide an explanation that has an error in logic, but their actual feelings are born from some form of logic that's as sound as anything else. It might just be incomprehensible to another person whose value sets and experiences are different.

Edited by Jotari

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I said that logic doesn't follow "for me". As in I don't understand that logic. I wasn't making an absolute statement about the veracity of your beliefs in an objective sense. I don't think anyone can be objectively illogical about something they like. They might provide an explanation that has an error in logic, but their actual feelings are born from some form of logic that's as sound as anything else. It might just be incomprehensible to another person who's value sets and experiences are different.

...Okay, now I'm just confused and don't understand what you mean anymore. :/

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...Okay, now I'm just confused and don't understand what you mean anymore. o_O

I never said you were being illogical. I just said I don't understand your logic.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

I never said you were being illogical. I just said I don't understand your logic.

And I still don't really get how those two statements are that different, but i guess we just have to leave it at that. I know you never intended to be rude anyway, so.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Sure, she gets kidnapped a lot, but she’s never helpless, such as in Super Mario 3, Super Mario World, Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Super Mario 3D world. She did help in those games. Plus in every spin off where Peach is playable, she’s usually a high tier character. She’s a very competent princess.

And if you don’t like pink or Peach’s attitude, how is it that the Fairy type is ypur favorite Pokemon type and Sylveon is your favorite Eeveevolution?

4 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Sure, she gets kidnapped a lot, but she’s never helpless, such as in Super Mario 3, Super Mario World, Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Super Mario 3D world. She did help in those games. Plus in every spin off where Peach is playable, she’s usually a high tier character. She’s a very competent princess.

And if you don’t like pink or Peach’s attitude, how is it that the Fairy type is ypur favorite Pokemon type and Sylveon is your favorite Eeveevolution?

Peach is so helpless in the Galaxy games and SMW, she's kidnapped in both.

...Because those things have nothing to do with each other? Also, Fairy is not my favorite Pokemon type, Fire is. And Flareon is my favorite Eeveelution, not Sylveon.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Peach is so helpless in the Galaxy games and SMW, she's kidnapped in both.

In the Galaxy games she keeps sending Mario 1 Up Mushrooms. And in the SMW Bowser battle she helps Mario by throwing mushrooms. It might not be much, but it shows she’s not helpless. Peach is always helping Mario in the main games. Her being helpless is a more recent thing, with the “screw story” mentality.