FE:W Update Sneaks in 3/8/2018

Jedi

Theres a patch that apperently has no content as of right now, but dataminers are likely to find just what the hell its prepping for.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. I hope it's something at at least take away from the burn that was no FE16 news.

Uh, for some reason I'm not getting an update. I even tried the check for updates function, but it said I'm using the latest version of the software.

I thought for sure that it was going to be the Awakening DLC, but I guess not! I'm really curious now. Maybe it is that DLC but they're holding off on the unlock date for some reason?

9 hours ago, Florete said:

Why would this be the Awakening DLC when they haven't talked about it at all?

It's both large enough to be it and it was rumored to appear in the Direct (if anything, this update props up the rumor and makes it seem like it got cut from the showing at the last minute).

4 hours ago, The DanMan said:

It's both large enough to be it and it was rumored to appear in the Direct (if anything, this update props up the rumor and makes it seem like it got cut from the showing at the last minute).

I agree with this and there's also the fact that the update is now not accessible anymore. I couldn't get it.

And if it really WAS cut from the Direct, that is SO not cool! :( Some Directs lasted like 45 mins while this one was just 32ish. They couldn't spare just a LITTLE bit more time to show that DLC and an FE Switch trailer? :(

5 hours ago, The DanMan said:

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And if it really WAS cut from the Direct, that is SO not cool! :( Some Directs lasted like 45 mins while this one was just 32ish. They couldn't spare just a LITTLE bit more time to show that DLC and an FE Switch trailer? :(

The update is very mysterious, but I doubt the Awakening DLC was ever planned to be in the direct. I mean, the direct is the perfect place to promote the game one last time before the DLC stops rolling in, and I suspect Famitsu has something to do with FEW not being in the direct. Famitsu not only announced most news about FEW before its release but also announced all DLC up to this point. I'd guess that Famitsu has some kinda deal with Koei or Nintendo that lets them make the announcements.

But, I'll say again, this update is totally mysterious. No explanation for that.

2 minutes ago, Fulush said:

The update is very mysterious, but I doubt the Awakening DLC was ever planned to be in the direct. I mean, the direct is the perfect place to promote the game one last time before the DLC stops rolling in, and I suspect Famitsu has something to do with FEW not being in the direct. Famitsu not only announced most news about FEW before its release but also announced all DLC up to this point. I'd guess that Famitsu has some kinda deal with Koei or Nintendo that lets them make the announcements.

But, I'll say again, this update is totally mysterious. No explanation for that.

Well, either way, we'll never know for sure if anything FE-related was meant to be in the Direct or not.

The last bastion of rumor/hope is the Fire Emblem Heroes 2.3.0 Datamine where apparently Tharja will have a Warriors map release on Monday in that game. This happened with the Shadow Dragon DLC characters too, where their maps came out after the DLC was released.

Of course, IS could change the release date of the Tharja map to match the release date of the Awakening DLC.

Edited by MrPerson0

5 hours ago, MrPerson0 said:

The last bastion of rumor/hope is the Fire Emblem Heroes 2.3.0 Datamine where apparently Tharja will have a Warriors map release on Monday in that game. This happened with the Shadow Dragon DLC characters too, where their maps came out after the DLC was released.

Of course, IS could change the release date of the Tharja map to match the release date of the Awakening DLC.

Monday as in this monday?

I don't think there's a chance of that. Famitsu didn't have any feature on it this month and dropping it with no lead up at all would be baffling.

2 hours ago, r_n said:

Monday as in this monday?

I don't think there's a chance of that. Famitsu didn't have any feature on it this month and dropping it with no lead up at all would be baffling.

Here's the info: https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/82vqj5/awakening_dlc_for_warriors_possibly_on_the/

A Monday release definitely would be odd, but nice. Also, the Warriors DLC has been revealed on the weekly version of the magazine, not the monthly version, so it could have it on this upcoming Wednesday's publication, which would put the DLC at a March 22 release, or the week after.

I personally find it odd that they are not releasing it this week since Hyrule Warriors DE comes out on March 22 in Japan, so all attention would likely go to it.

6 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

Here's the info: https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/82vqj5/awakening_dlc_for_warriors_possibly_on_the/

A Monday release definitely would be odd, but nice. Also, the Warriors DLC has been revealed on the weekly version of the magazine, not the monthly version, so it could have it on this upcoming Wednesday's publication, which would put the DLC at a March 22 release, or the week after.

I personally find it odd that they are not releasing it this week since Hyrule Warriors DE comes out on March 22 in Japan, so all attention would likely go to it.

Eh, it may be Zelda, but it is a re-release. 

9 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Eh, it may be Zelda, but it is a re-release. 

Which puzzles me that the game is being released in May, two months after it's JP release, when the game has already been translated entirely.

25 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

Which puzzles me that the game is being released in May, two months after it's JP release, when the game has already been translated entirely.

There are reasons to delay a game than just localization. Filling release schedules, for example.

43 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

The point of bringing up famitsu is that's how they have been advertising the DLC, which usually runs in the magazine 1-2 weeks (exact dates escape me) before release, giving details on what will be in it. The official site also updates before hte DLC drops. And also, you konw, both of these things give a date ahead of time

Dropping the DLC on monday, with no further information on it, out of nowhere is almost certainly not going to happen. 

Why heroes would break trend like this, who knows for sure, maybe they just wanted to run them earlier in the month, maybe some scheduling miscommunication took place. But if it was meant for Monday they should have had a famitsu *this week* for it at the very least and updated the website as well

23 minutes ago, r_n said:

The point of bringing up famitsu is that's how they have been advertising the DLC, which usually runs in the magazine 1-2 weeks (exact dates escape me) before release, giving details on what will be in it. The official site also updates before hte DLC drops. And also, you konw, both of these things give a date ahead of time

Dropping the DLC on monday, with no further information on it, out of nowhere is almost certainly not going to happen. 

That's why I said it would be odd, but nice. Famitsu is more than likely going to reveal it this week or next week. Any later would be odd, since that would push the release to April (Famitsu usually has info at least a week before release).

46 minutes ago, r_n said:

There are reasons to delay a game than just localization. Filling release schedules, for example.

I guess so. 

Also this may be a thing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FireEmblemMusou/status/972285448729980928

If their advertising this. They must be preparing to show off the DLC or something. Only one can speculate until it happens.

I'm honestly kind of hoping it will be closer to the end of the month. I only just finished up the SD content and I'd really like to finish NieR: Automata before the Awakening pack hits.

Yeah I know I can just put it off but I'm not good at self-control when it comes to Fire Emblem.

On 3/10/2018 at 12:51 AM, Legend_of_Zelia said:

I guess so. 

Also this may be a thing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FireEmblemMusou/status/972285448729980928

If their advertising this. They must be preparing to show off the DLC or something. Only one can speculate until it happens.

Unfortunately, it seems like we got nothing from this. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/theprinceofiris/status/972768939590766593