FE:W Update Sneaks in 3/8/2018

Jedi

1 minute ago, Otts486 said:

Okay now I’m just curious. I mean first the lack of FE switch news and now this. I’m starting to wonder if they’re waiting for a fire emblem direct or something to announce all this stuff.  I mean why else would they be so secretive unless they’re waiting for a way to announce something huge and dump it all on us at once. Idk maybe I’m looking too deep into it but This lack of info is driving me nuts.

Eh, news on the DLC can drop at least a week before release. If there is no info on it in next week's Famitsu, even though it seems to be slated for a release on the 29th, that is when things will be interesting.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

Okay now I’m just curious. I mean first the lack of FE switch news and now this. I’m starting to wonder if they’re waiting for a fire emblem direct or something to announce all this stuff.  I mean why else would they be so secretive unless they’re waiting for a way to announce something huge and dump it all on us at once. Idk maybe I’m looking too deep into it but This lack of info is driving me nuts.

Nownim sad!

19 hours ago, Otts486 said:

Nintendo is sweeping it under the rug,  FE:W that is, not really gonna hype anyone up besides those like us who are keeping an eye out for the Awakening DLC at this point, so they probably figure its not worth a massive announcement.

Could be wrong, but its attitude they've shown in the past.

46 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Nintendo is sweeping it under the rug,  FE:W that is, not really gonna hype anyone up besides those like us who are keeping an eye out for the Awakening DLC at this point, so they probably figure its not worth a massive announcement.

Well, it's not. It's a DLC pack.

4 hours ago, Jedi said:

It's a DLC pack for a spin-off game. I don't recall any Hyrule Warriors DLC getting any kind of "massive announcement."

I think one of the DLC packs for one of HW got a direct trailer but I might just be confusing that with, like, an overview trailer released elsewhere.

HW is getting more coverage because there's more things to cover. It's been alternating between HW & FEW where applicable in Famitsu and of course the upcoming "new" game is going to get more trailers because there's more things to show.

1 hour ago, r_n said:

I think one of the DLC packs for one of HW got a direct trailer but I might just be confusing that with, like, an overview trailer released elsewhere.

HW is getting more coverage because there's more things to cover. It's been alternating between HW & FEW where applicable in Famitsu and of course the upcoming "new" game is going to get more trailers because there's more things to show.

Though, this port isn't all that interesting. If you got Legends, the only new things added are two skins. Not amazing right there.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Though, this port isn't all that interesting. If you got Legends, the only new things added are two skins. Not amazing right there.

Sure but it's still "new" and it pays for a port to advertise all the things. Look at all these things! Wow! Jampacked in here and available soon! Wowee!

53 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I'd say having everything Legends had and not playing on a 3DS is a pretty big deal. Playing Hyrule Warriors or Fire Emblem Warriors on the 3DS compared to Wii U/Switch was a pretty jarring experience.

Edited by MrPerson0

3 hours ago, Florete said:

It's a DLC pack for a spin-off game. I don't recall any Hyrule Warriors DLC getting any kind of "massive announcement."

Not really any massive announcements. But for FEW, Nintendo hasn't really advertised the DLC, but then again, this is due to Koei's approach to the DLC. FEW doesn't have DLC trailers for their packs. It's just on the day, the pack is released, Koei releases individual character trailers to their Japanese YT channel and a week before the release, their is a scan detailing the DLC and release date. 

They took a different approach here for advertisement and announcements for FEW. But I think that's due to the US/Europe Fire Emblem fanbase, who haven't played the game.

1 hour ago, MrPerson0 said:

I'd say having everything Legends had and not playing on a 3DS is a pretty big deal. Playing Hyrule Warriors or Fire Emblem Warriors on the 3DS compared to Wii U/Switch was a pretty jarring experience.

I never played Legends, and I'm not excited for it. If they were adding more new content maybe, but this just doesn't do it for me.

2 hours ago, r_n said:

Sure but it's still "new" and it pays for a port to advertise all the things. Look at all these things! Wow! Jampacked in here and available soon! Wowee!

Not to mention HW is constantly mentioned during directs. Despite FE:W still not having all its content out.

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Not to mention HW is constantly mentioned during directs. Despite FE:W still not having all its content out.

There's been all of 2 directs, though. It was mentioned at reveal, obviously, and then had all of like 1 minute in the last one where they cheekily revealed the date then moved on.  I'm not 100% sure but I don't think it was in the Japanese direct?

All other content has just been released on koei's youtube or the famitsu articles.

44 minutes ago, r_n said:

There's been all of 2 directs, though. It was mentioned at reveal, obviously, and then had all of like 1 minute in the last one where they cheekily revealed the date then moved on.  I'm not 100% sure but I don't think it was in the Japanese direct?

All other content has just been released on koei's youtube or the famitsu articles.

Probably best to ignore him when it comes to this. He seems to have some beef with Nintendo.

7 hours ago, Florete said:

Hyrule Warriors' DLC packs all at least got spotlighted in Directs.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

Hyrule Warriors' DLC packs all at least got spotlighted in Directs.

No they didn't. All Hyrule Warriors & Hyrule Warriors Legends DLC stuff came via Japanese YouTube videos (which sometimes got translated) and Famitsu, outside of having a Season Pass, none of Hyrule Warriors DLC was featured in a Nintendo Direct, not even the Hyrule Warriors focused one. It only seemed to get more hype due to no one knowing who got in or got a costume until a trailer or Famitsu scan unlike with FE Warriors where we knew all of the DLC characters since release, only costumes have been a mystery.

So, no, despite what you may think, Hyrule Warriors did not get more promotion then Fire Emblem Warriors. Any slight differences in promotion were down to Zelda being Nintendo & Fire Emblem being Intelligent Systems.

And no, Hyrule Warriors Legends content announced as DLC for Hyrule Warriors in the Direct doesn't count.

Edited by Deva Ashera

Actually, I remember the Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks DLC for HW Legends getting highlighted in the September 2016 Nintendo Direct. It was mentioned, then was released shortly after the Direct. I think that's why people were hoping for the Awakening DLC to be released shortly after the recent Direct.

34 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

Actually, I remember the Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks DLC for HW Legends getting highlighted in the September 2016 Nintendo Direct. It was mentioned, then was released shortly after the Direct. I think that's why people were hoping for the Awakening DLC to be released shortly after the recent Direct.

The difference here is the way FEW season pass is handled. We already know the most important part of the content (the new heroes) taking away any surprise a dlc reveal on the direct might have had.

Now, if they were to announce a second wave of dlc, that would be direct worthy.

3 minutes ago, Etheus said:

The difference here is the way FEW season pass is handled. We already know the most important part of the content (the new heroes) taking away any surprise a dlc reveal on the direct might have had.

Not really. Revealing everything outlined in the Season Pass was a goof by the Australian eShop, right? They never officially announced them IIRC.

1 hour ago, MrPerson0 said:

Okay then, 1 DLC pack out of 6 was highlighted in a Nintendo Direct and it was the second to last one.

That still doesn't scream favoritism to me, maybe one of the Season 2 DLC packs will be featured in a Direct.

By the by, I'm betting on a Season 2 due to the level cap of Fire Emblem Warriors not being raised as highly as Hyrule Warriors. I doubt this next update will have the level cap jump from 130 to 255..so that, to me, says that a Season 2 of DLC was planned between development and the release of the first update. Maybe they saw how well 'two seasons' of DLC worked for Hyrule Warriors if you consider the three additional character packs for Hyrule Warriors Legends and decided to do it from the get-go.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Fire Emblem Warriors DLC Season 2 was announced during a Direct with one of the first characters highlighted or teased along with or only showing a new Season Pass costume.

Edited by Deva Ashera

20 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

By the by, I'm betting on a Season 2 due to the level cap of Fire Emblem Warriors not being raised as highly as Hyrule Warriors.

With how leveling is in this game, that sounds ridiculous (130 to 255). From what I heard, in Hyrule Warriors, 255 was chosen because that is a significant number to Zelda back in the day (max amount of rupees in the original game). They'll likely leave the max level at an even 150 in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Also, the devs have constantly stated that characters like Ike and Roy would not be added in as DLC, but in a possible sequel. There's no reason to assume that this wouldn't be the same for other, similar characters. So, if there was a Wave 2 for DLC, they would likely pick more Awakening, Fates, and Shadow Dragon characters, and I highly doubt that would push sales of the base game.

Edited by MrPerson0

28 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

Also, the devs have constantly stated that characters like Ike and Roy would not be added in as DLC, but in a possible sequel. There's no reason to assume that this wouldn't be the same for other, similar characters. So, if there was a Wave 2 for DLC, they would likely pick more Awakening, Fates, and Shadow Dragon characters, and I highly doubt that would push sales of the base game

I agree with the whole adding more awakening and fates characters thing but I don't see them adding anymore shadow dragon characters. The reason being that a lot of shadow dragon besides the ones already in the game are well a tad on dull side at least to me anyway. I do however see them adding a couple elibe or sacred stones characters thanks to their recent popularity in the most recent CYL.

47 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

I agree with the whole adding more awakening and fates characters thing but I don't see them adding anymore shadow dragon characters. The reason being that a lot of shadow dragon besides the ones already in the game are well a tad on dull side at least to me anyway. I do however see them adding a couple elibe or sacred stones characters thanks to their recent popularity in the most recent CYL.

Maybe Sacred Stones since it probably won' get a focus in a sequel, but you really shouldn't go by CYL2. I would hardly consider it accurate, even more so than the first one..

1 hour ago, Otts486 said:

That's what I meant by their decision on Roy and Ike spreading to characters from other games that are not in Warriors already. They would likely lump as much as they can in the sequel.

As Arthur said, the second CYL isn't really much to go by since that was more influenced by people wanting certain characters in Heroes.