FE:W Update Sneaks in 3/8/2018

Jedi

48 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

I agree with the whole adding more awakening and fates characters thing but I don't see them adding anymore shadow dragon characters. The reason being that a lot of shadow dragon besides the ones already in the game are well a tad on dull side at least to me anyway. I do however see them adding a couple elibe or sacred stones characters thanks to their recent popularity in the most recent CYL.

With them being allowed into the game gives them the chance to really show their character. People either forgot that Linde has a character past wanting revenge, or it wasn't made very apparent (or even both), but what amount of supports she currently has now gave her the chance to be more enjoyable past being eye-candy.

I, for one, would very much like to see the original Cav duo; particularly Abel

Though now that we're speculating a hypothetical wave 2, no better way would there be than a story expansion. At least then, they wouldn't have to only resort to playable characters and possibly even explore the other side of the story

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Motendra said:

With them being allowed into the game gives them the chance to really show their character. People either forgot that Linde has a character past wanting revenge, or it wasn't made very apparent (or even both), but what amount of supports she currently has now gave her the chance to be more enjoyable past being eye-candy.

Though now that we're speculating a hypothetical wave 2, no better way would there be than a story expansion. At least then, they wouldn't have to only resort to playable characters and possibly even explore the other side of the story

Cain and Abel would be nice and they are probably my overall favorite Cav duo. I like Stahl, but Sully really brings them down for me.

Honestly, if a second wave does come, I'm hoping for Subaki and Arthur, to get a male Lance wielder (and he's probably our only hope for a male Peg. Knight) and another male Axe wielder (and another which is infantry).

Beside those, I'd like Gunter for another Axe and a Knight character to get another Lance wielder.

If they add more SD characters, which they really should, I'd like to see: the entire cast

Jeorge, Xane, Nyna and either Camus or Hardin.

23 minutes ago, Lau said:

If they add more SD characters, which they really should, I'd like to see: the entire cast

Jeorge, Xane, Nyna and either Camus or Hardin.

I'm for this 100%

#RallyXane

12 minutes ago, Motendra said:

I'm for this 100%

#RallyXane

Can we make you the new Rally Man? Because I'm finding myself joining each and every one of them. First RallyMarth and now RallyXane, hahah!

15 minutes ago, Lau said:

Can we make you the new Rally Man? Because I'm finding myself joining each and every one of them. First RallyMarth and now RallyXane, hahah!

It aint easy being a trendsetter. But peeps like you make it all worthwhile!

Gunter would be cool since then they could have another person to make evil instead of just Robin/Grima

The only SD people I'd ever want would be Camus and Lorenz. And the only reason I want Lorenz is because i want draug to stop being the go-to armor unit. 

8 hours ago, MrPerson0 said:

With how leveling is in this game, that sounds ridiculous (130 to 255). From what I heard, in Hyrule Warriors, 255 was chosen because that is a significant number to Zelda back in the day (max amount of rupees in the original game). They'll likely leave the max level at an even 150 in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Also, the devs have constantly stated that characters like Ike and Roy would not be added in as DLC, but in a possible sequel. There's no reason to assume that this wouldn't be the same for other, similar characters. So, if there was a Wave 2 for DLC, they would likely pick more Awakening, Fates, and Shadow Dragon characters, and I highly doubt that would push sales of the base game.

I don't think they ever outright said that was the reason for the max level being 255, that's just the assumption due to how 8bit systems had a max number value of 256 (including 0 as a number means 255).

It's actually easier and faster to level up in Fire Emblem Warriors then it was in Hyrule Warriors.

I never said we'd get characters like Ike & Roy, perhaps just more from Shadow Dragon, Awakening, Fates, and maybe even Blazing Blade or SoV.

Edited by Deva Ashera

6 hours ago, Motendra said:

The problem with Cain and Abel is that you can't really have one without the other but if you do add them both you clutter the roster with two very similar and kinda dull characters.

Its far easier to just add Camus as the cavalry rep. He stands on his own a lot more then the cavalry duo, has a just as high a pedigree due to being the original Camus and has a far more developed personality. Or perhaps specifically choice a red and green cavalry that aren't tied to each other yet. Rather then Cain and Abel it could be Sully and Abel or Cain and Stahl. 

But the Archenea character that should get added the most and should have been added from the beginning is emperor Hardin. He would be an armor unit and a good villain, both things which FE warriors lack at this time. Aside from Minerva, Camus and the main couple he's also pretty much the only character from those games who managed to age somewhat gracefully when compared to his peers. 

Not sure who to get from a a second Awakening pack outside Gaius. If she wasn't another Camilla clone, I wouldn't mind Cherche.

8 minutes ago, Etheus said:

If there is a second wave, I would want:

SD: Camus, Barst, Merric

Awakening: Gaius, Libra, Priam

Fates: Kaze, Rinkah, Effie

Do you realize how much salt Priam would produce? Or is that exactly why you picked him?

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The problem with Cain and Abel is that you can't really have one without the other but if you do add them both you clutter the roster with two very similar and kinda dull characters.

Its far easier to just add Camus as the cavalry rep. He stands on his own a lot more then the cavalry duo, has a just as high a pedigree due to being the original Camus and has a far more developed personality. Or perhaps specifically choice a red and green cavalry that aren't tied to each other yet. Rather then Cain and Abel it could be Sully and Abel or Cain and Stahl. 

But the Archenea character that should get added the most and should have been added from the beginning is emperor Hardin. He would be an armor unit and a good villain, both things which FE warriors lack at this time. Aside from Minerva, Camus and the main couple he's also pretty much the only character from those games who managed to age somewhat gracefully when compared to his peers. 

I think Emperor Hardin was unlikely to happen from the start since he only shows up in Mystery of the Emblem and Warriors only took inspiration from Shadow Dragon where he was only a Cavalier if I remember correctly. Plus people are probably just now remembering Hardin due to him being put in Heroes recently. Agreed on Camus though since he seems to be more memorable than Cain, Abel and Gunter plus Camus would be the perfect rep for a lance cavalier and it would be easy to slap Gradivus as his prf weapon.

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Not sure who to get from a a second Awakening pack outside Gaius. If she wasn't another Camilla clone, I wouldn't mind Cherche.

Do you realize how much salt Priam would produce? Or is that exactly why you picked him?

Promote Virion so he can be a bow knight.

Donnel

*deeply bitter sight* Nowi

If we want to dip into villains we could also have Gangrel & Walhart. Aversa would be cool too, flying mage moveset

13 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I think Emperor Hardin was unlikely to happen from the start since he only shows up in Mystery of the Emblem and Warriors only took inspiration from Shadow Dragon where he was only a Cavalier if I remember correctly.

I don't really think they should be as rigid about it. Its not like the three games provide many unique and popular armor knights so they might just say everyone from Archenea count and just pick Hardin. The games have the same cast anyway. 

1 minute ago, r_n said:

Promote Virion so he can be a bow knight.

Donnel

*deeply bitter sight* Nowi

If we want to dip into villains we could also have Gangrel & Walhart. Aversa would be cool too, flying mage moveset

Nowi might actually work with Tiki's moveset so it could happen I guess.

21 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Yes and no. The salt would be glorious, but it would also be a great opportunity to add Ike's moveset to the game and potentially make him a costume.

If there was a second wave, Abel all the way. Hopefully his supports would have manga references, where he was a complete badass.

Manga Spoilers: He fights one on one against a manakete who is posing as Gharnef. Even after the manakete breaks his sword, he pulls out a small knife, and once that breaks, his sword repairs itself, turning out to be the Falchion. He slices the manakete, but not before it blows itself up. Abel somehow survives, but ends up kidnapped by Michalis, who forces him to serve as a knight for Macedon. He eventually leaves Michalis to go back to Marth, but unfortunately the manga ends before we can see the end of the story :P

4 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Yes and no. The salt would be glorious, but it would also be a great opportunity to add Ike's moveset to the game and potentially make him a costume.

The alt might make even more salt.

3 minutes ago, BhevHD said:

If there was a second wave, Abel all the way. Hopefully his supports would have manga references, where he was a complete badass.

Manga Spoilers: He fights one on one against a manakete who is posing as Gharnef. Even after the manakete breaks his sword, he pulls out a small knife, and once that breaks, his sword repairs itself, turning out to be the Falchion. He slices the manakete, but not before it blows itself up. Abel somehow survives, but ends up kidnapped by Michalis, who forces him to serve as a knight for Macedon. He eventually leaves Michalis to go back to Marth, but unfortunately the manga ends before we can see the end of the story :P

That sounds...odd. Why was he using Falchion? How did it break even if it did self repair? Why did the manakete blow up? Since when was that something they did?

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

That sounds...odd. Why was he using Falchion? How did it break even if it did self repair? Why did the manakete blow up? Since when was that something they did?

The manga had it's own storyline. There was actually a female sorceress that killed Medeus before Marth even knew he existed, but because the manga was cut short we never even learned her name. Abel was also using the Falchion since the beginning, it's just that no one knew what it was at the time (actually, I'm pretty sure no one learned what it was before it ended). The manekete was also a sorcerer, so he probably used some sort of self destruction magic.

Can't explain the Falchion repairing itself though.

Navarre is probably my favorite manga character though. He's pretty much Guts if Griffith didn't betray anyone.

Edited by BhevHD

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Nowi might actually work with Tiki's moveset so it could happen I guess.

In my make believe universe where we get a second wave of DLC there is more than one new moveset per pack. Donnel would probably have a "wacky" lance moveset like Lissa has a wacky Axe moveset, for example.

Nowi's dragon could be the cool sea weed dragon and use a different moveset since that thing isnt swiping with big ol' claws

Walhart...well, i dont know, i'm sure there's ways to make him do crazier things than frederick. Probably throw around axes or something.

Gangrel...would be a sword...so maybe we avoid him. There's too many of those. Ironically I'd be okay with him being a variant on Chrom, get that ol' dark mirror thing going.

I don't think Vaike would get in, necessarily, but he'd work too. Finally use the framework of the NPC axes to some use.

Just now, r_n said:

In my make believe universe where we get a second wave of DLC there is more than one new moveset per pack. Donnel would probably have a "wacky" lance moveset like Lissa has a wacky Axe moveset, for example.

Nowi's dragon could be the cool sea weed dragon and use a different moveset since that thing isnt swiping with big ol' claws

Walhart...well, i dont know, i'm sure there's ways to make him do crazier things than frederick. Probably throw around axes or something.

Gangrel...would be a sword...so maybe we avoid him. There's too many of those. Ironically I'd be okay with him being a variant on Chrom, get that ol' dark mirror thing going.

I don't think Vaike would get in, necessarily, but he'd work too. Finally use the framework of the NPC axes to some use.

I would rather have adult Tiki, but with young Tiki already there, probably not going to happen.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I would rather have adult Tiki, but with young Tiki already there, probably not going to happen.

Tiki-A is the dream, Nowi is the grim harsh reality we will inevitably stumble towards

Just now, r_n said:

Tiki-A is the dream, Nowi is the grim harsh reality we will inevitably stumble towards

Ah, adult Tiki. Unfortunately Japan has a thing for younger Tiki apparently. Though, not sure what adult Tiki would do for her standard attacks since I just don't think she would flail.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Ah, adult Tiki. Unfortunately Japan has a thing for younger Tiki apparently. Though, not sure what adult Tiki would do for her standard attacks since I just don't think she would flail.

Tiki-A would probably require a different moveset if implemented.

But she wasn't that unpopular, for the record. On Awakening's (japan only) poll she ranked 4th or 5th in the women's bracket. The developers were also surprised to see Adult Tiki being much more popular than Young Tiki on the first CYL poll for Heroes.