FE:W Update Sneaks in 3/8/2018

Jedi

5 minutes ago, r_n said:

Tiki-A would probably require a different moveset if implemented.

But she wasn't that unpopular, for the record. On Awakening's (japan only) poll she ranked 4th or 5th in the women's bracket. The developers were also surprised to see Adult Tiki being much more popular than Young Tiki on the first CYL poll for Heroes.

I figured as much, but my question was: what would that moveset be? Maybe more magic based?

She wasn't, but there still seems to be a leaning toward young Tiki, though adult Tiki got an alt in Heroes for what's its worth. Then again, it may just be a matter of giving SD a character though there were other possibilities like Jagen or Merric.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Arthur97 said:

I figured as much, but my question was: what would that moveset be? Maybe more magic based?

She wasn't, but there still seems to be a leaning toward young Tiki, though adult Tiki got an alt in Heroes for what's its worth. Then again, it may just be a matter of giving SD a character though there were other possibilities like Jagen or Merric.

young tiki IS popular, but i think she was young in this game specifically because SD needed charactesr and young tiki is Pretty Important. This is more than you can say for the bulk of SD's cast.

3 minutes ago, r_n said:

young tiki IS popular, but i think she was young in this game specifically because SD needed charactesr and young tiki is Pretty Important. This is more than you can say for the bulk of SD's cast.

She didn't come off as that important to me. Granted I don't really remember what she did other than get brainwashed, but that alone might be telling. Adult Tiki granted, wasn't that important to the main game, but she seems to at least have some more development. In fact, Navarre's Tiki support makes me want an adult TikiXNavarre support. 

And, yeah, adult Tiki is good looking.

Are we talking about DLC Season 2? This is what I'd want:

Shadow Dragon Pack 2:

• Jagen (Mounted, Lance)
  • Draug (Armored, Lance)
  • Barst (Infantry, Axe)

Awakening Pack 2:

• Inigo (Infantry, Sword)
  • Severa (Mounted, Bow)
  • Aversa (Flying, Magic)

Fates Pack 2:

• Kaze (Infantry, Shuriken)
  • Felicia (Infantry, Shuriken)
  • Yukimura (Cavalry, Shuriken)

And this might be pushing it, but...

Fan Favorites Pack:

• Ike (Sword, Infantry)
  • Eirika (Sword, Infantry)
  • Hector (Axe, Infantry)

6 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

I don't think they ever outright said that was the reason for the max level being 255, that's just the assumption due to how 8bit systems had a max number value of 256 (including 0 as a number means 255).

Doesn't change the fact in every level cap update in Hyrule Warriors was by 50 levels, whereas the level cap update in Fire Emblem Warriors is 20. Pretty obvious that KT has no plans to go to that high of an amount.

6 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

It's actually easier and faster to level up in Fire Emblem Warriors then it was in Hyrule Warriors.

Have you tried to grind from level 106 to 130? It takes quite a while. Granted, levels 130 to 150 are probably going to need to same amount of experience, and maybe, there will be a better level to grind on in the Awakening DLC pack. Granted, I have never played Hyrule Warriors, so I'm guessing going from level 235 to 255 took longer?

1 hour ago, MrPerson0 said:

Doesn't change the fact in every level cap update in Hyrule Warriors was by 50 levels, whereas the level cap update in Fire Emblem Warriors is 20. Pretty obvious that KT has no plans to go to that high of an amount.

Have you tried to grind from level 106 to 130? It takes quite a while. Granted, levels 130 to 150 are probably going to need to same amount of experience, and maybe, there will be a better level to grind on in the Awakening DLC pack. Granted, I have never played Hyrule Warriors, so I'm guessing going from level 235 to 255 took longer?

It took about the same amount, but every level from 99 onwards was equally slow so going from 99 to 150 to 200 to 255 took quite a while, and the Wii U version had you level slower at base too, almost necessitating the Rupee Glitch (Legends sped up the levelling progress from Lv. 1 to 99) which is bad because that version is the one assuming you're actually grinding each character's (well, each character that is in the base game, natch) levels out to those caps when it comes to the DLC Adventure Maps.

7 hours ago, MrPerson0 said:

That's why I'm curious if they plan to go to higher levels later on through a Season 2 because you level faster in Fire Emblem Warriors then Hyrule Warriors.

In Hyrule Warriors, the only easy way to level grind was to get Young Link, use Fierce Deity, and stay in that for forever on a particular map fighting Shadow Fis that split after a certain amount of damage, each keeping that amount of HP but offering the same experience as one another and then using the Max Rupee Glitch to pay to level everyone else. It was hard just to get everyone to base level 99 and yet the DLC maps practically demanded you keep everyone up near the level caps.

Level Grinding in Fire Emblem Warriors I'd actually a LOT easier.

I guess it's faster in Fire Emblem Warriors due to Pair Up splitting the EXP between both units.

On 3/17/2018 at 8:30 AM, Deva Ashera said:

That's why I'm curious if they plan to go to higher levels later on through a Season 2 because you level faster in Fire Emblem Warriors then Hyrule Warriors.

I hope not. I can't see them adding much else to this game because completing three new history maps seems pretty stale at this point, and leveling to 130 is way too grindy, so going to 200 and above would be worse. Would rather see a sequel instead.

On 3/17/2018 at 8:30 AM, Deva Ashera said:

In Hyrule Warriors, the only easy way to level grind was to get Young Link, use Fierce Deity, and stay in that for forever on a particular map fighting Shadow Fis that split after a certain amount of damage, each keeping that amount of HP but offering the same experience as one another and then using the Max Rupee Glitch to pay to level everyone else. It was hard just to get everyone to base level 99 and yet the DLC maps practically demanded you keep everyone up near the level caps.

Are you sure that there wasn't a higher level map out there where you could gain a lot of levels, get a Game Over, retry (keeping the gained levels), and repeat? Maybe the amount of levels needed to grind made it seem longer in Hyrule Warriors than in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Edited by MrPerson0

I guess it's faster in Fire Emblem Warriors due to Pair Up splitting the EXP between both units.

Nope, its not that, even leveling a single character in Fire Emblem Warriors is leagues easier then in Hyrule Warriors.

I hope not. I can't see them adding much else to this game because completing three new history maps seems pretty stale at this point, and leveling to 130 is way too grindy, so going to 200 and above would be worse. Would rather see a sequel instead.

That's exactly what they'd do. They added a crap ton of Adventure Mode Maps to Hyrule Warriors Legends..and each Adventure Map seems longer and more difficult then any History Map.

I could, however, see them adding more Story Content like they did with Hyrule Warriors, making a pseudo sequel in the form of an 'after story' and 'side story'.

Are you sure that there wasn't a higher level map out there where you could gain a lot of levels, get a Game Over, retry (keeping the gained levels), and repeat? Maybe the amount of levels needed to grind made it seem longer in Hyrule Warriors than in Fire Emblem Warriors.

There really wasn't that I found, abusing Young Link's Fierce Deity Link Awakening and the EXP Up while staying Fierce Diety (think Tiki's Dragon Form and how she functions, it's essentially the same) on that particular map is the easiest way to level up and then using the rupee glitch to get everyone else up there. Just ask anyone who played Hyrule Warriors and they'll tell you leveling was a chore in Hyrule Warriors and much easier in Fire Emblem Warriors. 

12 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

Nope, its not that, even leveling a single character in Fire Emblem Warriors is leagues easier then in Hyrule Warriors.

That's exactly what they'd do. They added a crap ton of Adventure Mode Maps to Hyrule Warriors Legends..and each Adventure Map seems longer and more difficult then any History Map.

I could, however, see them adding more Story Content like they did with Hyrule Warriors, making a pseudo sequel in the form of an 'after story' and 'side story'.

There really wasn't that I found, abusing Young Link's Fierce Deity Link Awakening and the EXP Up while staying Fierce Diety (think Tiki's Dragon Form and how she functions, it's essentially the same) on that particular map is the easiest way to level up and then using the rupee glitch to get everyone else up there. Just ask anyone who played Hyrule Warriors and they'll tell you leveling was a chore in Hyrule Warriors and much easier in Fire Emblem Warriors. 

Can confirm. I never got the DLC but I kept up with the discussion about it and even at the end of the DLC the best way to grind was to abuse the rupee glitch which would maybe get you a couple levels.

22 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

Yes, but then you mention abusing a glitch to max rupees to easily level everyone else up to the same level. You can't use the same glitch in Fire Emblem Warriors, so near the end, it's faster to actually grind out the levels than to grind for gold.

9 minutes ago, r_n said:

Can confirm. I never got the DLC but I kept up with the discussion about it and even at the end of the DLC the best way to grind was to abuse the rupee glitch which would maybe get you a couple levels.

So 9,999,999 rupees only leveled up a character less than 10 levels? Then yeah, Hyrule Warriors definitely seems ridiculous in terms of leveling.

Edited by MrPerson0

2 hours ago, MrPerson0 said:

Yes, but then you mention abusing a glitch to max rupees to easily level everyone else up to the same level. You can't use the same glitch in Fire Emblem Warriors, so near the end, it's faster to actually grind out the levels than to grind for gold.

So 9,999,999 rupees only leveled up a character less than 10 levels? Then yeah, Hyrule Warriors definitely seems ridiculous in terms of leveling.

The rupee glitch could take anywhere between 3 mins to 7 hours to achieve, it is a notoriously finicky glitch that even now no one is 100% sure how it works, just a basic idea on how to trigger it. It usually took me at least 1 to 3 hours on average to trigger it.

On average, to get a character from around level 1 to level 255 would take using the glitch 4-6 times, per character..maybe more, I haven't done it since the last batch of DLC released..but multiple uses of 9,999,999 rupees per character..it took forever..Hyrule Warriors practically forced it too by having maps where you could only use 1 character or 1 weapon on it (though co-op wasn't locked to that thankfully), you have a lot more freedom in Fire Emblem Warriors in regards to characters to use on maps.

Edited by Deva Ashera

https://nintendoeverything.com/scans-roundup-dark-souls-remastered-first-look-at-fire-emblem-warriors-awakening-dlc-more/

There's the update we've been looking for.

Looks like Chrom, Lissa, and Cordelia get costumes.  The ladies' costumes' sources are obvious, though I don't know what Chrom's is supposed to be.

And of course, in case there was any doubt at all, the new characters are indeed Olivia, Tharja, and Owain.

Wait, what?

March 22?

We're getting the update soon?

Oh, and the accompanying update gives the option to reset your character's level to 1 (not gonna do that), and there's a new weapon property that changes the damage to a fixed value, negating damage deduction induced by unit effectiveness.

There are also new blessings that raises enemy level to 150 (good for grinding, I suppose?) and introduces tactician mode (make playable characters unable to damage enemies, and make NPCs much stronger).

Looks interesting.

1 minute ago, nocturnal YL said:

Wait, what?

March 22?

Oh, and the accompanying update gives the option to reset your character's level to 1 (not gonna do that), and there's a new weapon property that changes the damage to a fixed value, negating damage deduction induced by unit effectiveness.

There are also new blessings that raises enemy level to 150 (good for grinding, I suppose?) and introduces tactician mode (make playable characters unable to damage enemies, and make NPCs much stronger).

Looks interesting.

At least resetting apparently gives you materials. Still not worth it in my opinion.

Robin in strategist mode for the win!

29 minutes ago, Luankachu said:

Chrom's outfit is his Exalt Costume from Cipher.

That'd explain why I didn't know what it was.

7 minutes ago, nocturnal YL said:

Wait, what?

March 22?

Looks interesting.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bk2128/status/976479890420584448

I'll take this person's word for it.

Though I have to wonder how that tactician mode actually works in practice.  I guess I'll have to see for myself.  Seems a bit odd in a game like this.

Edited by Ertrick36

On 3/16/2018 at 8:30 PM, Arthur97 said:

She didn't come off as that important to me. Granted I don't really remember what she did other than get brainwashed, but that alone might be telling. Adult Tiki granted, wasn't that important to the main game, but she seems to at least have some more development. In fact, Navarre's Tiki support makes me want an adult TikiXNavarre support. 

And, yeah, adult Tiki is good looking.

Nobody not Marth, Nyna, Malledus, and Gharnef (and possibly Camus) has any lengthy presence in SD. Mystery does make Child Tiki a little more memorable, going into more detail about her. But alas, international players only got the inferior first half of Marth's journeys.

21 minutes ago, nocturnal YL said:

Is this at all like Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate? Reset a maxed level character to 1 up to 10 times, each time adding additional stats to their level 1 bases which stack with the prior resets.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is this at all like Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate? Reset a maxed level character to 1 up to 10 times, each time adding additional stats to their level 1 bases which stack with the prior resets.

From what I understand, it gives you materials.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The page only mentioned resetting the level to 1 in exchange for materials. Given how long it takes to raise a character's level to 130 (probably 150 after this update), I'm not going to do that even if it does ultimately result in stat gains.

Skill info. Note that the skill names may change, although at least one should remain the same.

Olivia has Galeforce, which raises Awakening and Warrior gauge each time a strong enemy is defeated.

Tharja has Destruction Pact, which increases attack power with low HP, but causes HP to slowly decrease with time.

Owain has Balancing Resonance (very loose translation), which increases attack power the smaller the difference between the STR and MAG stats.

EDIT: Fixed a mistake.

Edited by VincentASM