FE:W Update Sneaks in 3/8/2018

Jedi

2 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Skill info. Note that the skill names may change, although at least one should remain the same.

Olivia has Galeforce, which raises Awakening and Warrior gauge each time a strong enemy is defeated.

Tharja has Destruction Pact, which increases attack power with high HP, but causes HP to slowly decrease with time.

Owain has Balancing Resonance (very loose translation), which increases attack power the smaller the difference between the STR and MAG stats.

Tharja's skill raises attack with low HP. The lower her HP is, the higher her attack power.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Owain has Balancing Resonance (very loose translation), which increases attack power the smaller the difference between the STR and MAG stats.

Brilliant reference to his double life as Odin and having a magical mom while starting as a physical unit in Awakening.

What they need now is to take this skill and bring it into mainline FE, hybrid offense units would love it! (Ignis exists I know, but that is merely a proc and has to compete with Luna and other procs.) Now they could actually outdamage units who use only one of their attack stats.

Galeforce is a good reference to the ultimate skill of Awakening, which Olivia does get access to. And Destruction Pact, nothing unusual, but risk and reward is good. And it might reference how Sorcerers in Awakening and Fates have Vengeance.

10 minutes ago, nocturnal YL said:

Tharja's skill raises attack with low HP. The lower her HP is, the higher her attack power.

Thanks. I was in a rush to make tea and was typing in a hurry.

4 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Thanks. I was in a rush to make tea and was typing in a hurry.

Is Destructive Pact the japanese name for Vengeance? Because that's the exact effect

I'm hoping Strategist mode amps allied characters' aggression on-screen. Always seemed silly to me how you have to look away for them to do something.

Destruction Pact looks...tempting. Just hope the damage doesn't count for ranking purposes. lol (Fun fact: The warrior gauge slowly charges itself when you're at low health)

On an unrelated note, @VincentASM, I should've checked on this earlier, but did you ever finish labelling all of Sakura's soundbites?

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

Is Destructive Pact the japanese name for Vengeance? Because that's the exact effect

No, not the same.

Vengeance: 復讐(ふくしゅう)

Tharja's skill here: 破滅の誓約(はめつのせいやく)

1 minute ago, r_n said:

No, but good thinking.

I also typo'd the description, just in case you saw the old one. Anyway, the difference between this and Vengeance is that the skill holder's HP apparently decreases automatically with time. I assume this is what the "pact" is referring to.

Just now, Technoweirdo said:

On an unrelated note, @VincentASM, I should've checked on this earlier, but did you ever finish labelling all of Sakura's soundbites?

Unfortunately not, but I did make some progress locally ^^

1 minute ago, MrPerson0 said:

So, practically useless like Desperate+. Great to hear! /s

I don't use desperation tactics, but it seems easier to use in theory since you don't have to do anything for your HP to drop. Essentially, assuming you don't get hit, your character gets stronger as the battle progresses. Still, it does seem really risky to use and perhaps not worth the pay-off.

Anyway, I will probably close this topic in a bit, since we probably won't be finding out what that mysterious download was. If we do find out, feel free to make a new topic or PM a member of staff to re-open this topic.

13 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Anyway, I will probably close this topic in a bit, since we probably won't be finding out what that mysterious download was.

Hopefully it's just a preload of sorts.

We'll probably find out in six and a half hours assuming the date on Famitsu isn't wrong and there's a worldwide release!

22 minutes ago, Technoweirdo said:

I'm hoping Strategist mode amps allied characters' aggression on-screen. Always seemed silly to me how you have to look away for them to do something.

Destruction Pact looks...tempting. Just hope the damage doesn't count for ranking purposes. lol (Fun fact: The warrior gauge slowly charges itself when you're at low health)

Maybe they're shy. As a nod, Owain should be twice as effective when you're looking at him.

23 minutes ago, r_n said:

Before you do, I'm pretty sure we found out there was...nothing. It was literally nothing in it. Just a big pack of what I assume is gabage data.

Ouch. Poor people who have limited Internet usage...

I imagine the Awakening DLC was scheduled earlier, but they couldn't fully cancel it at the last minute, so instead they swapped the download file with a dummy file.