Which FE Characters would you want in the new Smash

Luis Liberato

With the new announcement of smash it got me thinking of what characters I would want to see, specifically which Fire Emblem characters.

I would love it if they added some fan favorite characters maybe some obscure stuff or just lords from other titles. I thought that maybe having Eliwood, Lyn, and Hector as one character would be kinda cool and you would be able to switch in and out from the three or maybe just Hector cause who doesn't love him.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how Eliwood/Lyn/Hector would work, especially since their movesets would be vastly different.

Hector would be a good choice. He has more of a brawler nature, doesn't have a Sword, and the latest CYL poll reveal that he's probably popular enough to warrant an appearance.

Since Marth and Ike are givens, I think a female that doesn't use swords would also be a good choice. Maybe just a female in general, but preferably without swords. Good contenders would be

• Celica -probably very similar to Robin
  • Lyn -because of her popularity and an upgrade from her being an assist. Plus videogame companies seem to believe that we regard Lyn as "Marth of the West"
  • Ninian -potentially a cool moveset, and is very popular
  • Eirika -popular, but I consider her the least likely out of all the female lords.
  • Micaiah -magic moveset with her only problem being similar to Zelda
  • Lilina - upgraded from sticker status. She's moderately popular and can be a good compliment if Roy is in the game.
  • Azura -popular and uses a naginata, so she'll have a unique moveset.

EDIT: Anna would be great too.

Edited by Dandy Druid
Addition

Are we talking about playable or having an appearance in Smash at all?

What I want to see: Personally I would like to see Anna or Tiki since I feel if we were ever to have a non-lord as a playable character these two probably has the best chance.

What we will probably see: Lyn, Alm/Celica, FE16's Lord

Assist Trophy: FE has gotten popular enough to warrant more Assist Trophies (and is probably the best way to see more non-lord characters in Smash) such as Hector, Azura, a Pegasus Knight (like Caeda or the Whitewings), maybe a pair of royals from Fates (Xander/Ryoma or Leo/Takumi) and Anna and Tiki if they can't be playable characters.

Regular Trophies: Most likely will be pulled from Awakening/Fates/Echoes but I would also like to see trophies of characters from SD/MotE as well since I don't think we ever had trophies of Archanea characters in Smash.

Edited by NSSKG151
added more wishful thoughts

None. Fire emblem already has an overly high representation in Smash. I'm a fan and I realize that it was more because of a happy accident then bias so I don't mind but I do think Fire emblem got far to much favor then it would objectively deserve. Its time for other series to get their due. 

Realistically speaking, they're probably going to have to cut a few of the preexisting Fire Emblem characters. Marth and Ike are, of course, no doubt going g to be in it. I think in terms of creative movement and still being relevant, Corrin's will stay in. Lucina might stick around due to being easy to make. Robin and Roy then are the ones facing the lowest chances. They're both popular characters so it's not Impossible for them to come back. If Roy dies return, then for god's sake give him a long range special. That's the whole point y if the Sword of Seals!

In terms of new characters, Alm and Celica's seem likely, being from the newest official release. I would suggest Celica fighting like Robin as the OP suggested, but Celica uses her own HP instead of tomes. This could make her a really interesting clone character if Robin does stick around. Give her mostly the same attacks, except no Levin sword and her specials drain HP slightly, but they're infinite use.

Alm could be a Roy replacement, or could be his own unique moveset. I could see Double Lion, Wind Sweep and Subdue being alternative neutral B attacks that you charge like Marth and Ike (Subdue would deal a lot of damage, but  no knockback). He'd need to use a bow for one special too. And the animation for Decide would make for a cool down aerial. Sendscale could be final smash (and Ragnarok Omega for Celica).

Outside of those two, I reckon we could see something from Heroes or Warriors. Though I'm not particularly crazy about the OCs in those games. If we're talking people that stand little to no chance of getting in, then I'd love to see Leif with his light sword.

Edited by Jotari

Marth and Ike are all but guaranteed to return. Corrin was a DLC character but his moveset is unique enough that he could stay. Roy and Lucina can be scrapped (if they really want to keep one of them, just make that one an alternate colour palette for Marth), and Robin, while unique with his use of tomes, can easily be replaced by any spellcaster.

Characters that I think are most likely to be in Smash Bros:

Alm: another sword user (so hopefully the least likely of the three). Perhaps he uses his bow for a special.

Celica: Sword + magic. She could easily be Robin's replacement. Her royal sword whose name I forget would replace the Levin Sword. Either it breaks and gets replaced with the golden dagger, or it just doesn't break. Her spells would have unlimited uses, but would increase her % with every cast. Nosferatu would be replaced by... nosferatu, but based on the SoV version. Elwind would be replaced with Excalibur, and would increase her % by 3. Thunder would either remain, or be replaced with Seraphim. Her final smash could be Ragnarok, or summoning Alm to work together. Her colour palette would be based on characters in SoV, such as Mae, Boey, Genny, Saber, and Alm (if he's not in Smash Bros.)

Azura: Water + lance

Whatever the lord in FE Switch is going to be, and this lord will either appear in the main game or as DLC and will basically be there to promote FE Switch.

Characters not above that I hope are in Smash:

Micaiah

Assist Trophies:

Sothe (if Micaiah appears)

Azura if she doesn't appear as a playable character. She can appear either in her Nohr dance scene outfit, or her Hoshido one. She sings and dances, her dance depending on the version, and she summons a series of water cascades that either damage your opponents (Nohr) or heals you (Hoshido).

Probably just some assist trophies, tbh.

Apart from the extremely unlikely candidates I'm more just a big fan of, I wouldn't mind seeing Hector or the Whitewings in there somehow.  I also almost want Lyn to be playable, and that is possible since Little Mac was made playable after previously being an assist trophy, but the current FE reps have turned the Smash community (at least the one I know) into a vile cesspit, so they'll probably just keep her as-is.

The same as the ones we got in Smash 4 (though I expect some being cut). I mean, someone's got to be realistic...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I'd like Ephraim so we have someone that wields a lance, but I hope the FE Switch lord or one of them if there's multiple also have a lance. I just really want to see someone with a lance.

Marth: stay

Roy: made into an alph type costume for marth

Ike: stay

Lucina: made into an alph tpe costume for marth

Corrin: remove

Robin: remove

FE 16 charather: added

I've mentioned before that I want a lots of gutting for the roster, not just FE. I don't even want to keep Falco in the game

Why are people so insistent Robin will be cut? Robin is probably one of if not the most unique fighter Fire Emblem has.

I also really want Lucina to be decloned. Come on! Chrom's not even here so they could be lazy and make her like him.

6 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Marth, Ike, Robin and the FE16 Protagonist, with Lucina being a costume for Marth (like how Alph is for Olimar).

1 hour ago, Modamy said:

I would expect everyone aside from Marth and Ike to be cut and for them to add in the FE 16 lord.

54 minutes ago, Reality said:

Marth: stay

Roy: made into an alph type costume for marth

Ike: stay

Lucina: made into an alph tpe costume for marth

Corrin: remove

Robin: remove

FE 16 charather: added

I've mentioned before that I want a lots of gutting for the roster, not just FE. I don't even want to keep Falco in the game

Why the heck are people so insistent on assuming that we're getting whomever the main character is from this hypothetical FE16??? For (EFF!)'s sake, we still know bupkis about the damn game!

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

25 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Why the heck are people so insistent on assuming that we're getting whomever the main character is from this hypothetical FE16??? For (EFF!)'s sake, we still know bupkis about the damn game!

Sakurai has a habit of putting things from upcoming games in Smash. For example, there's a stage in Smash Wii U based off of Yoshi's Woolly World, a game that was still in development when Smash Wii U was released.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

An FE16 lord is kind of in keeping with the use of Roy and to a lesser extent, Corrin They appeared in their smash bros  before the respective (JPN) release date of their game.

As far as Robin and Corrin being cut despite their movesets being unique:

I would argue that Robin's isn't very well off for it because the spacing that he can control isn't very interesting as a projectile charather..  I don't want to get into the technicallites of elfire versus PK fire, thoron being generic horizontal projectile, and his melee attacks  having the levin sword/bronze sword's silly properties.

Corrin;s moveset stands out a lot more, but he has a seperate problem as  he is only familiar to a portion of the playerbase as a DLC chararther, and is also a little awkward for new players pick up as he kind of a technique charather (not as extreme as something like Peach, but then, everyone gets a chance to play peach or be used to her from older smash bros.).

Edited by Reality

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

52 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Sakurai has a habit of putting things from upcoming games in Smash. For example, there's a stage in Smash Wii U based off of Yoshi's Woolly World, a game that was still in development when Smash Wii U was released.

^ this. Plus the new game, wether its going to be a repackage of sm4sh (most likely) or an entirely new game won't be coming out until at least the holiday season, so there's plenty of time for info about FE switch to come out and get us hyped by its cast. Fates came out barely a year after sm4sh came out and we got Corrin as a DLC to hype him up, If the actual game came out earlier we might even have gotten some more royal family members.

- thread -

I'm pretty sure the new smash is just a deluxe port of sm4sh for the switch, so I expect every character from that game to return. I'm certain we are getting a new character from FE Switch (either at launch or as dlc), but besides that I don't expect any new fire emblem characters added. Maybe Chrom as a Ike skin and Lyn for Lucina as the models are already in there and many people complained that Lucina was in but no Chrom, but I don't really see anything else besides that. 

A character from the Switch Fire Emblem game is completely unknown. It's certainly happened before, but that's nowhere near a guarantee it'll happen this time. It all depends on how finalized the designs are for a game they haven't even given us a title for. If the game is nearing completion and will come out this year or early next year, then yeah, there's a posisbility we might get a clone character that's from the Swtich game. But if it's much later than that we'll only be seeing one as DLC.

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Two instances (Roy in Melee, and Woolly World in Smash 4) does not a habit make. (Corrin doesn't count by virtue of their game being released in Japan before becoming DLC)

38 minutes ago, Marty said:

^ this. Plus the new game, wether its going to be a repackage of sm4sh (most likely) or an entirely new game won't be coming out until at least the holiday season, so there's plenty of time for info about FE switch to come out and get us hyped by its cast. Fates came out barely a year after sm4sh came out and we got Corrin as a DLC to hype him up, If the actual game came out earlier we might even have gotten some more royal family members.

Blah blah blah. More hypotheticals. I don't do hypotheticals.

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Two instances (Roy in Melee, and Woolly World in Smash 4) does not a habit make. (Corrin doesn't count by virtue of their game being released in Japan before becoming DLC)

Blah blah blah. More hypotheticals. I don't do hypotheticals.

this whole thread is on a hypothesis, so I don't see what you are trying to say here.

Would really like more FE characters that use other weapons than sword, Robin was a step in the right direction but I'm use you could put a heavy axe character and maybe a fast lance user like Oboro.

6 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I know it will never happen, but I would love it if Gregor was released.

Alm or Celica being released as characters in smash would be pretty cool with Echoes being fairly new.

Not only are Alm and Celica from the newest main game, but Celica was the second most popular character (and the most popular female) in the second Choose your legend poll. I think that gives her and Hector (who came first) a very good chance of getting in.

6 minutes ago, Marty said:

this whole thread is on a hypothesis, so I don't see what you are trying to say here.

My point is that we don't know what is going on over at Nintendo. For all we know, they could be prioritizing something else. And, once again, we still don't know jack nor shit about the Switch FE.

I think the characters most likely to return are Marth, Ike, and Robin. The rest of them still have decent chances to return, but I could see Nintendo leaving them out so they could have room on the roster for new characters. 

As for new comers, I think that whoever is the protagonist of FE Switch is going to make it in as cross promotion for the game's sales and will most likely be announced along side a trailer for the upcoming FE game. I also think it's about high time Lyn gets a promotion from assist trophy status, but that's mostly my inner Blazing Sword Bias.