How do you think the FE Three Houses protagonist will be handled in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Ultimate roster?

King Marth 64

Thoughts about how the Fire Emblem: Three Houses protagonist will be showing up to upcoming Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the upcoming Fire Emblem: Three Houses protagonist will might show up in the roster for the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

• I think he/she will might make it as a default fighter for the roster.
    • I think he/she will might appear as an Unlockable Fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate similar to like how Roy was added to Super Smash Bros. Melee as an Unlockable Fighter.
    • I think he'll/she'll might appear as a DLC Fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate similar to like how Corrin was added to Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U as a DLC fighter since his/her game was released after the Nintendo 3DS / Wii U version happened.
    • Hard to say

I think it's way to hard to say at this moment, and I think no one really saw us getting every single character back, and a majority of the series' stages back as well. Having seen that Ridley trailer I cannot say anything as to what I expect to see

Right now I'm in sever doubt as to what I just saw was real or not, I never thought I would see Pichu in Smash again.

I might also be in a coma right now

Won't be base game, pretty confident about that. Quite possible for DLC. As for who, going by what we know now it would almost certainly be Edelgard or Byleth. I want to say Edelgard is more likely but Sakurai has gone with the avatar over the other lead twice when we all thought Chrom or Azura were more likely. I also really hope it's Edelgard because I don't want another male default avatar character with swords while Edelgard is female and uses axes.

16 minutes ago, Florete said:

Won't be base game, pretty confident about that. Quite possible for DLC. As for who, going by what we know now it would almost certainly be Edelgard or Byleth. I want to say Edelgard is more likely but Sakurai has gone with the avatar over the other lead twice when we all thought Chrom or Azura were more likely. I also really hope it's Edelgard because I don't want another male default avatar character with swords while Edelgard is female and uses axes.

In Azura's case, that was an unfortunate and immense mistake. Azura would have added something entirely new to the roster with her lance, singing, and water-bending. She's also a better representation of Fates than any other character. Whereas Corrin is... just another swordsman, but with some light transformation animations. 

I'm glad that they went with Robin over Chrom, however. Robin is simply more iconic and brings a more interesting moveset than Chrom could have. Robin is currently the most unique character in Smash's FE roster.

I hope they don't make another Corrin mistake with 3 Houses. Unless the new avatar brings something seriously unique to the roster, the three lords (especially Edelgard) would be more interesting inclusions.

However, what would you think of an avatar that works similarly to Pokemon trainer, with the player being able to switch between Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude as fighters while the avatar gives instructions from the background? That seems like it would be a pretty strong representation of this new game.

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

In Azura's case, that was an unfortunate and immense mistake. Azura would have added something entirely new to the roster with her lance, singing, and water-bending. She's also a better representation of Fates than any other character. Whereas Corrin is... just another swordsman, but with some light transformation animations. 

I'm glad that they went with Robin over Chrom, however. Robin is simply more iconic and brings a more interesting moveset than Chrom could have. Robin is currently the most unique character in Smash's FE roster.

I agree in both cases. I definitely wanted Robin over Chrom, but everyone expected Chrom.

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

However, what would you think of an avatar that works similarly to Pokemon trainer, with the player being able to switch between Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude as fighters while the avatar gives instructions from the background? That seems like it would be a pretty strong representation of this new game.

I'm not a big fan of transforming characters in the first place, so I can't say I support this idea. I also don't see Sakurai creating three unique movesets for yet another FE newcomer.

16 hours ago, Etheus said:

I think you're grossly downplaying Corrin here. The dragon transformations is precisely what makes Corrin unique. That they happen to wield a [chain-saw] sword is negligible to their defining characteristic that literally no one else could emulate;the very definition of unique, along with how they even got into the game, despite concerns of the FE roster size. That their own limbs act as spears with tipper effects that can also pin oponents, sprouted wings that propel forward in the air, a sword that can attack while charging, along with their free hand becoming both a projectile and chomper, you really believe that someone with all of this cannot be unique....  just because they choose to carry a sword as well? Because this is what you're implying with your overly simplified description: that basic choice of weapon is your apparent deciding factor in what a fighter brings is "new". If you just don't like Corrin for whatever reason, sure that your opinion, but trying to justify it in such a way just doesn't look good on your part.

As for Azura, she is essentially to Fates what Zelda is to LoZ. Comparing Azura and Corrin on who'd be the better representative is counter-intuitive, since they both are the two most important people, again, much akin to Link and Zelda, with the only real differentiation being which one is more recognizable (or rather, which one that you choose to recognize for one reason or another). For most, that would be the main protagonist, which points to Corrin, purely because that is the unit that you play as. 'Course, it's not hard to imagine Azura to be the lead character instead for those who actually played the game. Hell, the game could potentially have even been better if she was, but that's beside the point

---------------------

Much as the FE cast is my favorite among Smash, adding anymore would just be unnecessary. Much as I'd have liked for Chrom playable in the last one (and putting aside the hypocrisy for his exclusion), I'm content with his cameo appearance,  making Robin's FS one of the most hype in the series.

Edited by Motendra

Honestly, I can't see any FE3H character being in the base game. Binding Blade came out...what, a month or so after Melee, so it wasn't that long, and Fates was already out in Japan by the time Corrin was added.

DLC? ...Maybe, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

I think the only options for FE in Smash Ultimate is either Echo characters, possibly Chrom as I don't think they've shown off Robin's FS yet, so we don't know if they've changed it, or new stages. Maybe Castle Krakenberg? Or a Mila shrine, idk? I haven't a clue for items, though I'd love Einherjars or Breidablik to summon characters to assist you.

11 hours ago, Lau said:

I think the only options for FE in Smash Ultimate is either Echo characters, possibly Chrom as I don't think they've shown off Robin's FS yet, so we don't know if they've changed it, or new stages. Maybe Castle Krakenberg? Or a Mila shrine, idk? I haven't a clue for items, though I'd love Einherjars or Breidablik to summon characters to assist you.

I don't think Einherjars/Breidablik is happening since Lyn is still an Assist Trophy character but I would still like seeing other characters like Azura, Black Knight, and Tiki being summoned as Assist Trophies.