[FE8] Self-Randomizing Rom v1.3

circleseverywhere

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mnHKgY6.png

Didn't use any boosts. Basically had to hard carry the run.

I got 3 useable units besides her

WlIt6ZU.png

WqHoZ0q.png

KOMRtlr.png

__

Couldn't damage Fomortis, impale on lute didn't do shit because 0x4 is still 0.

I had to rng manipulate my skill scroll to get eirika Ignis to be able to damage him lol.

Edited by Tribute

There appears to be a visual glitch relating to ballista. The game seems to think anyone can use them as it shows their range increasing when they can reach a ballista (including staves). The ballista appears to not affect range as portrayed nor can non-archer classes seem to use it. Also this seems to only affect player characters and not enemies.

Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones Super Randomizer Glitch 3.bmp

Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones Super Randomizer Ballista Glitch.bmp

Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones Super Randomizer Ballista glitch 2.bmp

So I may have found another issue. After activating the konami code I tried to skip a map encounter and the game soft locked like in the picture. If I reset I can move again though. Also as others have stated I have had enemies not dropping loot when they should have. It seems to happen when an enemy suicides on when of my characters though I can't be sure about that being related or a part of the issue.

Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones Super Randomizer.bmp

Edited by dzarling

45 minutes ago, KisakaNagen said:

Could you add an option to remove monster classes? It's the only thing that prevents me from enjoying the rom. Everything else seems awesome ^^

I mean part of the random experience with FE is that some (okay alot if you 100% randomize) are just going to be total duds.

7 hours ago, Tribute said:

I mean part of the random experience with FE is that some (okay alot if you 100% randomize) are just going to be total duds.

I understand that I'm part of the minority, but getting Centaur class for Eirika is an yikes for me.

I would use a tool to manually randomize each character's class, but my notebook died recently :(

2 hours ago, KisakaNagen said:

I understand that I'm part of the minority, but getting Centaur class for Eirika is an yikes for me.

I would use a tool to manually randomize each character's class, but my notebook died recently :(

Oh.

Yeah I just reset and messed with cases/spacing on my team name until I got a seed that had a marginally useable erika that can beat ch1.

Team name determines RNG seed for classes so you can sort of force it to give you an eirika thats passable

Hi there, experiencing an issue: 

Stage is Chapter 7: Waterside Renvall.

50% random, vanilla, seed "Geralt" 

Eirika is a Shaman with Nosferatu > she gets attacked by an enemy who is faster and will hit twice > she gets hit for some damage, not enough to die, counters with Nosferatu, it connects, she's healed back to full health > she gets hit again for same amount of damage > combat ends, she Dies! Battle continues regardless, no one minds Eirika is dead. 

Definitely not taking enough damage on 2nd hit to die, still has hp, but dies after combat. This has happened a few times now. Any ideas? Cheers ~

Edit: Tested this further, the issue is healing gained from Nosferatu is not being saved/retained, so if over the course of the battle damage taken exceeds total hp she dies after the combat regardless of healing, as if the healing never occurred. 

Edit 2: Tested with new game and Personal skills, seed "Geralt", Eirika is a Shaman with Nosferatu, healing seems to work. Issue maybe with "Vanilla" setting

Edited by Sweet_beats

14 hours ago, donny33 said:

what is the konami code and what does it do?

code: UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START

it allows you to control enemyes and green units manually. use the code again to go back to normal. My sugestion: only use it if  you are stuck fighting an enemy you cannot damage/push no matter what

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2019 at 12:35 AM, AMammal said:

You have to patch it to a rom before you can run it in a emulator. Get a clean FE8 rom and apply the download to the clean rom using this, https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/519/ . After that just plug it into your emulator. 

ok, it's been a month and I've forgotten about this. I just went back to it, and it doesn't work. It's a fucking windows only app. Is there anything I can do? I really want to play this rom!

9 hours ago, Pf987 said:

ok, it's been a month and I've forgotten about this. I just went back to it, and it doesn't work. It's a fucking windows only app. Is there anything I can do? I really want to play this rom!

You can go here https://www.romhacking.net/?page=utilities&category=2 and try to find a patcher that works for your OS.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/03/2019 at 8:02 AM, Marcus said:

How Does Capture work. When I capture the enemy, are they recruited? Or They do not??just wondering

so far from my experience, i never got an enemy recruit from capture. however here is what i found:

- Unit captured can be traded with (usefull to obtain weapons/items)

- Unit captured, if released, will disapear

- Unit carrying the captured unit will suffer some penalties (similar to rescue)

- Unit captured will not be avaiable as a recruit after map completion

• 1 month later...

I hit a snag when I captured some enemies in a chapter 3. The level never ended it just said 0 enemies left to defeat. I want to play with the capture mechanic more but I cannot stand the “776” mode. RNG hell. 

Are there any other seeds that give units capture? Or I guess are there any other special seeds?

Ive tried a bunch of key words such as “hector” “gaiden” “boss rush” but nothing interesting

Edited by Atomicdude777

On 2/18/2019 at 7:09 PM, Zonan said:

A quick question about weapons: are special effects randomized? For example, can the "eclipse" effect or "luna" effect get put onto other weapons? I got a devil axe in my run, and it could backfire as usual, but I was watching Mekkkah's self randomizer stream, and the runesword didn't self heal. If it matters, I was playing with weapon stats randomized. 

There is another randomizer that is an external app you can find for FE8. it will randomize your rom and has a lot of options. Plenty of the same options but also some different ones. 

If you patch your rom with this self randomizer patch then pull it up in that randomizer there is an option to randomize weapon effects. So you can get iron lances with the eclipse effect. It didn’t mess up my game at least through chapter 2. I wouldn’t recommend running any of the other randomizer features from that on the patches rom since it will already randomize. But if you want random weapon effects there is a way

I'm running into an issue where the capture command seems to be soft-locking rout chapters. (neimi randomized into an ephraim lord which gains capture as a skill after promotion.)
capturing units successfully was soft locking the tower of valni, random skirmishes, and, most annoyingly, the ghost ship chapter. could wipe the map clean of enemies, search for a hidden one in the fog, and just have a never-ending chapter.

Love this patch btw, i hacked my vita to run GBA ROMs and i've played through this hack like half a dozen times by now. My favorite run was probably where ephraim randomized into a troubadour and I had a ton of mage-knights running around. I did have issues with a lack of healers on some runs but healing items are fairly plentiful and I just arena-grinded a shaman into a summoner for staff access. 

Some suggestions:
-disable randomizing friendly units into thieves when the "don't randomize thieves" option is on. Monster units suck, but the game already has exactly as many thieves as you need to get most of the loot in the game. monster units aren't great but having a bunch of redundant thieves is kinda worse and makes the runs feel more stagnant. alternatively, add toggles to disable thief/monsters as classes you can randomize into.
--as a footnote to this. hard-code some door/chest key drops into ephraim's gaiden chapter. it's extremely common that you don't get a thief in this chapter and it'd help to liven up a chapter that's pretty commonly a slog to get through. (orson usually has to solo the chapter unless the randomizer is extremely kind to ephraim and company) 
-allow ammnesia scrolls to delete the personal skill. they're currently utterly useless since they can't do anything you can't already do by learning a new skill via skill scroll/level up. (the "your unit can only learn so many skills" dialogue completely invalidates the amnesia scroll, unless you want to delete a skill and not replace it with another for some reason.)
-add more classes to the class that can be randomized, with specific examples being the FE7 lords, manaketes, lyon and nergal's class. not sure if draco zombies/formotiis should be included in that cycle. would increase memes.
-this seems like a technical limitation but I'm seeing a lot of "groupings" of enemy classes. where it feels like an entire class is being replaced rather than individual units. so instead of seeing a mishmash of enemy classes I'll see the same 3-4 classes repeated accross a map. this isn't a huge problem but it'd be nice to have more variety on each map so you see more enemies. 
-either remove focus from enemy mages or from mages entirely. it introduces a lot of 5-15% crit from enemy units and honestly i don't need that kind of stress and frustration, especially when mages can just spawn with random boltings. it doesn't really help the player either, since mages strong enough to wander around on their own usually kill without criticals anyway.

I know a randomizer is supposed to be random, but no one enjoys a bad run, and I just wanna make the randomizer feel more "fair" and interesting. As a side note, some chapters take absolutely forever on enemy phase for the AI to calculate what they're doing. On the doomed ghost-ship run earlier, i had some enemy phases where the AI would just think for minutes before it would make a move.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this kind of hilarious glitch where the enemy healers will move one square, heal their former selves, and then end their turn. It amuses me.

Edited by Phenna