lucina

LucinaRobin

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

I honestly don't know. I think that they might cut her, since she plays pretty much identical to Marth, who is most certainly in.

But doesn't that also make her easier to program given that much of the move-set is the same? I mean that's why clones were used so much in Melee in the first place. Cuts down development while adding more characters.

5 minutes ago, LucinaRobin said:

With marth's moveset?

Then what will happen to lucina user?

If i mastered lucina 9/10, i only mastered marth 2/10.....

Will they do that?

It’s very possible, considering they cut the Ice Climbers. Or maybe even change Lucina’s moveset to make her more different than Marth. This is a new Smash with new mechanics. You will have to change your playstyle, no matter who your main is.

57 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

It’s very possible, considering they cut the Ice Climbers.

They only cut the Ice Climbers due to the technical limitations of the 3DS, and Sakurai wanting the Wii U and 3DS versions to have the same roster.

54 minutes ago, LucinaRobin said:

I think there are no reasons to remove lucina.....

I'm of the opposite view, namely, that there are no reasons to keep her in (other than an alt Marth costume).

There are no reasons to remove Lucina, as  far we know, bit we don’t work with Nintendo so we don’t know everything. Was there a reason to remove Wolf? 

Besides, she originally going to be a costume switch, so they may go with that for this Smash.

They didn't remove Ganondorf or Doctor Mario, who are essentially clones of other characters (or at least were)...

Why do people suddenly believe Lucina will be removed?

I still don't really think it was wise to make her a separate fighter instead of an alt for Marth similar to Alph.

Hopefully, she's Marth's alt this time around.

Edited by YouSquiddinMe

Well, my honest opinion is that despite how popular she is, if she's going to just be a Marth clone, she should go. She's another sword character who doesn't really bring anything unique. And people complain too much about how many reps this series gets. I'm thinking the FE Switch lord will get into promote that game, and that would be a LOT of FE characters if Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, and Corrin all stayed too. Corrin I can see staying because she's a bit more unique in the fact that she has her dragon thing as well as a sword, but not Lucina.

And imo, Ike, Marth, and Robin are the only ones I feel are 100% staying.

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I'm of the opposite view, namely, that there are no reasons to keep her in (other than an alt Marth costume).

Yes. There are no sharp reason to keep or remove.  So, I think keeping what was before will be nice.

1 hour ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

I still don't really think it was wise to make her a separate fighter instead of an alt for Marth similar to Alph.

Hopefully, she's Marth's alt this time around.

I know, marth is more "original" than lucina. But several well playing players use lucina too.

Me too. I prefer lucina than marth.

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, my honest opinion is that despite how popular she is, if she's going to just be a Marth clone, she should go. She's another sword character who doesn't really bring anything unique. And people complain too much about how many reps this series gets. I'm thinking the FE Switch lord will get into promote that game, and that would be a LOT of FE characters if Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, and Corrin all stayed too. Corrin I can see staying because she's a bit more unique in the fact that she has her dragon thing as well as a sword, but not Lucina.

And imo, Ike, Marth, and Robin are the only ones I feel are 100% staying.

lucina is clone of marth. link and toon link, ganon and captain falcon, mario and dr.mario, pit and dark pit.

Why only lucina?

1 minute ago, LucinaRobin said:

lucina is clone of marth. link and toon link, ganon and captain falcon, mario and dr.mario, pit and dark pit.

Why only lucina?

Toon Link, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit aren't as cloney. Lucina is as cloney as cloney gets. Literally the only difference between her and Marth is one has a tipper and the other doesn't. Ganondorf and Captain Falcon have been staples since Melee and in the latter's case, the first game.

Lucina is also the only newcomer from Smash 4 besides Dark Pit, who I also think ought to be at least regulated to an alt costume if not cut. And this is coming from a Dark Pit fan.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Toon Link, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit aren't as cloney. Lucina is as cloney as cloney gets. Literally the only difference between her and Marth is one has a tipper and the other doesn't. Ganondorf and Captain Falcon have been staples since Melee and in the latter's case, the first game.

Lucina is also the only newcomer from Smash 4 besides Dark Pit, who I also think ought to be at least regulated to an alt costume if not cut. And this is coming from a Dark Pit fan.

Yeah. But fan of fire emblem not only like marth but also lucina.

And the difference of tipper is very important to player.

When marth matches with lucina it's more exited than marth vs marth or lucina vs lucina.

5 minutes ago, LucinaRobin said:

When marth matches with lucina it's more exited than marth vs marth or lucina vs lucina.

...What? What are you saying, exactly? I do not understand you.

They could cut Lucina or make her a Marth costume, but I don't think Lucina having her own slot does any harm. She is a 0 effort character thats not taking anything away from other characters. The only downside to Lucina having her own slot is people complaining about the number of slots a franchise has.

I don't mind if they change Lucina's status, but i'm not going to root for it either.

Edited by Sasori

Which they can't complain about anyway seeing as Sakurai has stated that clones are added after the initial roster is already finalized.

1 minute ago, Sasori said:

They could cut Lucina or make her a Marth costume, but I don't think Lucina having her own slot does any harm. She is a 0 effort character thats not taking anything away from other characters. The only downside to Lucina having her own slot is people complaining about the number of slots a franchise has.

Yes. lucina space is no harm to anyone.

2 minutes ago, Dai said:

Which they can't complain about anyway seeing as Sakurai has stated that clones are added after the initial roster is already finalized.

Can i contact to him?

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:
18 minutes ago, LucinaRobin said:

...What? What are you saying, exactly? I do not understand you.

So I think lucina isn't that cloney to marth.

Tipper difference is a big difference.

2 minutes ago, LucinaRobin said:

Not really. And it's literally the only difference while the others you mentioned have a little bit more.

Ana, LucinaRobin is saying that they find matches between Marth and Lucina more exciting than ditto matches between two Marths or two Lucinas because of the tipper.

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:
19 minutes ago, LucinaRobin said:

Not really. And it's literally the only difference while the others you mentioned have a little bit more.

The length of sword, total hitbox and taunt animation too.

16 minutes ago, Dai said:

Ana, LucinaRobin is saying that they find matches between Marth and Lucina more exciting than ditto matches between two Marths or two Lucinas because of the tipper.

Right.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Fewer differences do not equal less difference. In fact, the lack of the tipper allows Lucina to do things that Marth would get killed trying to do, as he can pretty much only kill with the tipper. It is one difference but far from a small one. Unlike Pit and Dark Pit for example, as while they do have differences, they are so miniscule that it hardly differentiates their playstyles.