lucina

LucinaRobin

18 hours ago, Randoman said:

We're probably just going to have to agree to disagree from this post onward, since there's been way too much argument repeating and we're not going anywhere with this discussion.

Yeah. That will be good. In part you are not wrong but me too.

I think we are viewing from different perspective, so can't tell who's right.

Just a different view...(And sorry if anyone felt bad because of me)

Edited by LucinaRobin

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/13/2018 at 7:20 PM, Zangetsu said:

So let me get this straight, from what I can tell from everyone response here is Lucina being a skin or just to get cut out.

It's a vocal minority. Similar to the loud complaints you hear about Awakening, Fates, or Heroes you will hear complaints about the "over representation" of fire emblem in smash bros. Popular games will receive complaints no matter what, but keep in mind it's mainly coming from a crowd that's bitter about the franchise's success, or jealous that their franchise is under represented and underappreciated in their mind. Don't bother trying to appease them, don't pay them any mind.

Edited by Xander

1 hour ago, Xander said:

It's a vocal minority. Similar to the loud complaints you hear about Awakening, Fates, or Heroes you will hear complaints about the "over representation" of fire emblem in smash bros. Popular games will receive complaints no matter what, but keep in mind it's mainly coming from a crowd that's bitter about the franchise's success, or jealous that their franchise is under represented and underappreciated in their mind. Don't bother trying to appease them, don't pay them any mind.

Whoa there man, take it easy. While I personally think that's a bad choice in removing & making Lucina an alt, people are free to believe in what is the best course of action is.

I get that the internet tends make people bitter & cynical but not everyone is trying to be that dickish either.

2 hours ago, Xander said:

The bolded is the real truth of the matter. People would care less about FE getting so much if they felt "their" series was well-repped.

People should also remember that complaints are much louder than praise or apathy.

I'd gladly drop Lucina if it mean getting Lyn/Hector/Ephraim who would actually have unique kits. But, dropping Lucina wouldn't guarantee that, so in the end I don't really care. I think she's better as a costume. People mention the lack of tipper as means to warrant Lucina's spot, but I think that's just... weak reasoning. Yes, the mechanics of the two characters are different because of Lucina's lack thereof, however Ganon and Roy are also egregious despite having much more differences than Lucina/Marth. They need to declone Lucina, costume her or remove her. Frankly, being a character clone with a mechanic taken away does not and will not ever warrant a position.

On 3/16/2018 at 5:06 PM, Zangetsu said:

Whoa there man, take it easy. While I personally think that's a bad choice in removing & making Lucina an alt, people are free to believe in what is the best course of action is.

I get that the internet tends make people bitter & cynical but not everyone is trying to be that dickish either.

Maybe I'm missing the part in my post where I went off and wasn't "taking it easy"?

13 hours ago, Xander said:

Maybe I'm missing the part in my post where I went off and wasn't "taking it easy"?

Sorry, it just came off across aggressive to me, didn't mean to assume but I did.

I'm just getting tired on how many people are saying that Fire Emblem is the most expendable of all the franchises for Smash Bros.

Edited by Zangetsu

3 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Sorry, it just came off across aggressive to me, didn't mean to assume but I did.

I'm just getting tired on how many people are saying that Fire Emblem is the most expandable of all the franchises for Smash Bros.

When one letter changes the meaning of your sentence.