If the rest of the Awakening kids were in Fates...

Lord_Brand

Greetings everyone, new user here. I started playing Awakening a few months ago, though I've been following my brother's playthroughs of Awakening and Fates well before that. Once I clear Awakening for the first time, I'll be moving on to Fates.

My brother and I were recently discussing a what-if scenario where the rest of the Awakening children (barring possibly Morgan) returned in Fates, each sporting a new name like Inigo/Laslow, Owain/Odin, and Severa/Selena. We talked about which faction each would default to as well as gender distribution, class selection, and what the male descendant's children might be like. These were our choices:

Nohr

• Gerald (Gerome) - Wyvern Rider, Oni Savage - Can have a son named Gordon.
    • Gordon - Wyvern Rider, Oni Savage
  • Kellen (Kjelle) - Knight, Oni Savage
  • Neina (Nah) - Manakete, Diviner

Nohr already has three out of Awakening's twelve, two males and one female, so that leaves room for three more with the inverse gender ratio. Gerome and Kjelle make perfect sense as their primary classes are Nohrian in Fates. Nah's inclusion is mostly to counterbalance Yarne in Hoshido.

Hoshido

• Bary (Brady) - Monk, Troubadour - Can have a son named Gan.
    • Gan - Monk, Troubadour
  • Wule (Yarne) - Taguel, Fighter - Can have a daughter named Linne.
    • Linne - Taguel, Fighter
  • Renzu (Laurent) - Diviner, Dark Mage - Can have a daughter named Miru.
    • Miru - Diviner, Dark Mage
  • Celia (Cynthia) - Sky Knight, Knight
  • Kuro (Noire) - Archer, Dark Mage
  • Lumina (Lucina) - Samurai (prepromoted to Swordmaster), Cavalier

Yarne's with Hoshido mostly as a nod to the moon rabbit myth. Cynthia and Noire's default classes are Hoshidan in Fates. Since Nohr already has Inigo, Owain, and in this scenario Gerome, that means Brady and Laurent go to Hoshido for gender balance. And since Nohr already has six Awakening kids, that leaves Lucina for Hoshido.

Edited by Lord_Brand

I'm glad I'm not the only one who pegged Laurent as the kind who'd go Hoshidan diviner.  I actually even sort of spliced his head over the generic Onmoyoji portrait in a drawing.

a792JsH.png

Though the name I gave him was "Ling" instead.  You probably put more thought into his potential Hoshidan name than I did, tbh.

I also find it funny that Noire supposedly goes Hoshidan as well.  She would have fierce competition with Oboro for "scariest face in the army", assuming none of the characters are replaced (I sure as hell hope Oboro wouldn't be the first on the chopping block anyway).  Though now the thought occurs to me... that'd mean that Severa and Noire fight.  That'd actually be very tragic, considering how close they were even in the C level supports.

Same with Lucina fighting anyone from the opposing end, particularly her cousin.  I'd imagine that Lucina would be one of the "neutral" characters that joins in all paths.  And I'd also imagine she'd somehow get her own child and unique class, or at least operate like Felicia or Jakob in that her leveling operates like a special unpromoted class.  Could there be a third tier for her that allows her to use lances and bows?

Also, if only that Gordon became an archer... or a scientist.

Someone should make a hack with these characters in it.  I know that'd be a real doozy to pull off, but I just really like the idea of seeing the rest of these kids as Fates counterparts.  I would even be inclined to write material for it if need be.

I think Lucina would probably end up being Hoshidan, considering that she will not tolerate Hoshido being invaded against Nohr, especially when we consider what happened to Ylisse. I also think Lucina would end up distrusting Corrin, Laslow and Co for supposedly turning over to the dark side, as she may have emotional wounds that are re-opened, considering how Robin and Morgan turned to the dark side. She'll also have an upward battle to deal with morality, and how Nohr is not entirely evil, despite what seemed to be the aggressors, unlike how the majority of Grimleal were against Ylisse. My headcanon I had in the past is that Lucina would emotionally snap at some point and either commit suicide in Conquest (unable to come to terms that even the most badass soldier who fought Grima cannot necessarily win against Anakos alone), or execute Laslow, Selena, and Odin (unable to come to terms that Nohr isn't entirely evil). Even in Revelations, she'll harbour distrust and outright hostility against the Nohrians (and the Ylisseans siding them) to the extent that she cannot S-support, or even A+-support Odin or Laslow until very late in the game.

Edited by henrymidfields

5 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

I think Lucina would probably end up being Hoshidan, considering that she will not tolerate Hoshido being invaded against Nohr, especially when we consider what happened to Ylisse. I also think Lucina would end up distrusting Corrin, Laslow and Co for supposedly turning over to the dark side, as she may have emotional wounds that are re-opened, considering how Robin and Morgan turned to the dark side. She'll also have an upward battle to deal with morality, and how Nohr is not entirely evil, despite what seemed to be the aggressors, unlike how the majority of Grimleal were against Ylisse. My headcanon I had in the past is that Lucina would emotionally snap at some point and either commit suicide in Conquest (unable to come to terms that even the most badass soldier who fought Grima cannot necessarily win against Anakos alone), or execute Laslow, Selena, and Odin (unable to come to terms that Nohr isn't entirely evil). Even in Revelations, she'll harbour distrust and outright hostility against the Nohrians (and the Ylisseans siding them) to the extent that she cannot S-support, or even A+-support Odin or Laslow until very late in the game.

I honestly do not see Lucina being suicidal. Seriously, I doubt anything would be enough to make her suicidal if she got through the hell that Grima unleashed. They try to make it seem like Xander and the others went through the worst thing ever, but no, nothing is worse than the absolute hell that Grima gave them. 

However, I will say that Lucina is very much Birthright. Because of the injustices that she's already witnessed in her world, she genuinely would not tolerate the immoral acts the Nohrians are committing. However, I don't think that she would end up like Ryoma and Takumi and think "Nohrian scum" or such. Rather she would want to end the war as soon as possible with Hoshido's victory. Lucina just cannot work for a kingdom that she actively knows is on the morally wrong side. 

Though I doubt that she would execute her allies that she's fought by for so long, or even feel that much distrust. After everything they've been through, Lucina would want to believe that her friends that fought for the sake of a better future did not just turn evil or become backstabbers like that. 

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

I honestly do not see Lucina being suicidal. Seriously, I doubt anything would be enough to make her suicidal if she got through the hell that Grima unleashed. They try to make it seem like Xander and the others went through the worst thing ever, but no, nothing is worse than the absolute hell that Grima gave them. 

However, I will say that Lucina is very much Birthright. Because of the injustices that she's already witnessed in her world, she genuinely would not tolerate the immoral acts the Nohrians are committing. However, I don't think that she would end up like Ryoma and Takumi and think "Nohrian scum" or such. Rather she would want to end the war as soon as possible with Hoshido's victory. Lucina just cannot work for a kingdom that she actively knows is on the morally wrong side. 

Though I doubt that she would execute her allies that she's fought by for so long, or even feel that much distrust. After everything they've been through, Lucina would want to believe that her friends that fought for the sake of a better future did not just turn evil or become backstabbers like that. 

Didn't Hoshido end up cutting a bloody swath through Nohr? In the interest of peace, maybe make her a neutral like Azura.

Edited by Arthur97

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Didn't Hoshido end up cutting a bloody swath through Nohr? In the interest of peace, maybe make her a neutral like Azura.

Nope. If you remember, Birthright actually focused the party to end up sneaking into Nohr to get to the capitol and defeat Garon. They actually weren't focused so much on fighting head on towards the Nohrian army.

20 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Nope. If you remember, Birthright actually focused the party to end up sneaking into Nohr to get to the capitol and defeat Garon. They actually weren't focused so much on fighting head on towards the Nohrian army.

I never played it, but I think I remember reading that in Birthright, you actually fight Nohr more than the opposite making their stance as the "good" ones a little hypocritical.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I never played it, but I think I remember reading that in Birthright, you actually fight Nohr more than the opposite making their stance as the "good" ones a little hypocritical.

Normally that seems to be the case. However, in actuality, the Hoshidans were more holding out against the Nohrians, while Corrin and the others tried to first get to Cheve to meet with Ryoma and the Nohrian rebels that Ryoma was trying to get into contact with. There was one moment when Corrin and the others tried to end the war quickly by capturing Garon in the Opera House, but Zola betrayed them and this resulted in Corrin and the others escaping. Eventually they reunite in Cheve with the other rebels led by Scarlet. But Nohrians were after them, so they had to quickly move. 

There was no way that Hoshido was going to win in the long run as it was because of how Nohr had superior military power and were allied with Mokushu, so the Hoshidans actually focused on trying to get through the border to try and get to Garon directly. 

It just continues on and on from there. 

Birthright tries to take the morally correct path, and be extremely straightforward as a standalone game. However, when you compare it to the other paths, it is a huge plothole and the worst story with no explanations. 

Honestly, the rest of the Awakening kids could come in during an after story. But if they did play a role during the main conflict, I'd like to think they would try to manipulate the war from both sides towards making peace, rather than risk cutting each other down.

It could also be that the rest of the crew deliberately stayed out of the war, instead helping in small ways like Wule helping save Kitsune from fur hunters (and possibly attracting the attention of a foxy lady in the process ; ) ). That could actually be a good source of paralogues.

I've spoken to my brother about Lumina getting her own class, but he seems pretty obstinate that she have a Hoshidan class as her default with Cavalier as her Nohrian secondary. I would look for some manner of Hoshidan twist on Lord, perhaps with split promotion much like Nohrian Prince. Or, Lumina can unlock Great Lord as a third class.

On 3/10/2018 at 5:59 AM, Ertrick36 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who pegged Laurent as the kind who'd go Hoshidan diviner.  I actually even sort of spliced his head over the generic Onmoyoji portrait in a drawing.

a792JsH.png

Though the name I gave him was "Ling" instead.  You probably put more thought into his potential Hoshidan name than I did, tbh.

I also find it funny that Noire supposedly goes Hoshidan as well.

Here's the basis of the names:

• Gerald - Sounds similar to Gerome, ironically means "rule of the spear".
  • Gordon - Wanted a name that sounds Nohrian and not too punny or on-the-nose (other options included Drakard and Drason).
  • Kellen - Looks similar to Kjelle (pronounciation is anyone's guess).
  • Neina - Derived from "nein", continuing the theme of Nowi and Nah.
  • Bary - Derived from "ganbare", meaning "hang in there".
  • Gan - See Bary. :P
  • Renzu - Derived from the Japanese pronounciation of Lawrence, "raurensu", Lawrence so chosen because it is related to Laurent. I took the "rensu" part and switched the s to a z to make the sound stronger.
  • Miru - Derived from Miriel. The name means "to examine" or "to judge", fittingly enough.
  • Wule - Continuing the tradition of naming beaststone users after fabrics.
  • Linne - Intended both as a nod to Panne and an anagram of linen.
  • Kuro - Basically the Japanese equivalent of Noire, both meaning "black".
  • Celia - Similar to Cynthia.
  • Lumina - Similar to Lucina.

And yes, kinda ironic that Noire doesn't go Nohr. :D I figure the last thing she wants is to work with more Dark Mages. And of course, who happens to be a member of Hoshido, not to mention Kuro's possible daughter? Frickin' Rhajat. :P

Edited by Lord_Brand

They'd just get shat on and be overshadowed by the Royal Black Holes, like everyone else who doesn't have that obnoxious crown symbol in that game.

In all seriousness, I would have liked to see that, especially considering the possibilities of Nah interacting with Corrin and / or Kana and talking about the differences in Dragons from Fateslandia and Akaneia. Or the potential hilarity of Yarne being scared out of his mind upon seeing Kaden and Keaton, a wolf and a fox, a rabbit's mortal enemies.
Noire's reaction to Rhajat would also be a thing to behold, as would her supports with Peri...

But seeing as how Owain, Severa and Inigo were reduced to mere ass-kissers for the Royal family of Nohr, I think it's better that they didn't make it into Fates.

Heh, I was thinking Yarne would attract attention from a flirty female kitsune whose family he'd help save. In their C support, he would indeed be scared of her, but she'd assure him she's not there to eat him. Rather, she wants to "thank" him for his bravery. ; ) On that note, I think it would be neat if they added female 1st gen Wolfskin and Kitsune characters to compliment Keaton and Kaden.

On 3/10/2018 at 5:59 AM, Ertrick36 said:

I would even be inclined to write material for it if need be.

I'd be interested in seeing what scenarios you come up with.

Edited by Lord_Brand