Happy Mario Day!

Apparently Nintendo is calling today "Mario Day", for the second year in a row. 

Because it's March 10th, or Mar 10 for short. Mar10, like Mario, get it? Better than "May the 4th be with you".

Ninty's not really doing anything for today other than some wallpapers, cards and poor digital sales on My Nintendo, but the idea is nice. A day to take a moment to reflect on the blessings that is having the Mario franchise in the world.

Mario has always been good for me since childhood. The fun days of 64 and later Sunshine, Parties 1-5, Super, Super Circuit and Double Dash Mario Karts. Mario and Luigi, Paper Mario. Then later came the 64DS, the Galaxies and even the NSMBs and 3D Land/World I enjoyed a lot. I'll never grow tired of Mario. And I'll never be able to beat SMB3 or World without restore points, because I'm not that good a gamer- but they're fun even so!

I actually wanted to cry when I heard the Princess Peach's Castle theme and Superstar Saga battle theme remixes in Paper Jam. I wanted to cry again when I started Odyssey. It just meant so much to me, magic exists in Mario. 

I literally just saw this not long ago:

And of course, Mario has definitely been a huge part of my childhood.  Specifically, we had all the standard NES and SNES Mario titles, Mario 64, and later Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion when we got a Gamecube, along with just about every Mario Kart game on home consoles.  Then later I started seeing bits from the old cartoons and the CDi games via YouTube poops.  And then I saw the Super Mario Bros. Super Show in all its badly-animated glory; I used to unironically enjoy it, and now I enjoy it for its stupid faults and Captain Lou, who told me that if I do drugs that I'll go to hell before I die.

It's been a good run so far.  And I hope they'll keep pushing Mario, especially the more difficult levels until they get me

yOBFD3z.jpg

God, I love that the Switch has a snapshot feature.

I've never been the biggest Mario fan, but I won't deny that he has given me some happy memories.

When I was younger, my family had an N64, and we had Mario Kart and Mario 64. I couldn't wrap my young mind around the controls of Mario 64, so my dad used to play it while I watched, and my sister provided hilarious commentary. Mario Kart 64 was one of the few games my mum played with me, and I used to be so good at Moo Moo Farm and I beat her everytime.

A few years ago, I bought Mario Kart Wii, and my family used to sit down and play it for hours straight. I'd go out on a limb and say that Mario Kart Wii is the best MK.

I've recently bought Odyssey, and whilst it is a gorgeous and fun game, once I beat the main story, I just lost interest. Collecting hundreds of power moons just to get to the postgame doesn't appeal to me.

So yeah, I've had some good times involving Mario, most of them involved my family getting invested into MK with me, so Happy Mario Day, folks.

I've only played like 5 or 6 games of him.

But...I must say, Super Mario RPG for the SNES made me like Mario and gang, and the world of Mario, more than it should have. It was such an enjoyable quirky and amazing RPG that it makes me want to buy the platformer games, especially Odyssey. 

So, happy Mario's day. Your a good guy, so I hope you continue to amaze everyone.

Mario Kart Wii is my personal favorite Mario Kart game because it was the only Mario Kart I had for the longest time. Also, back when Blockbuster was still a thing I got Mario Strikers Charged for the Wii and loved it. Nintendo give us another Mario Strikers game please.