What if...

CyberController

18 minutes ago, Purple Mage said:

Fates has a story stupid enough that it could be plausible. But why would Elise die in BR if she was one of the scheming masterminds all along?

Body double.

All an elaborate plan to broaden the bad blood between the Hoshidans and Nohrians.  Elise has someone else disguise themselves as her so that they could manipulate Corrin.  The plan only extended as far as either Xander or Corrin killing this fake "Elise", but there was the added bonus of Corrin also killing Xander.  Elise wanted Camilla to take the throne and subtly manipulate her, but Camilla refuses the throne and gives it to the less receptive Leo.  It is at the crowning ceremony that Elise reveals herself as the final boss as she attempts to assassinate Leo with a horde of undead warriors and monsters.

Sakura, meanwhile, let Corrin capture her in Conquest so that she could assassinate both of her brothers and possibly Hinoka, but then the Nohrians had the idea of merely pretending that they killed Hinoka.  Sakura hopes that eventually Hinoka will be spotted and killed, but when the dust settles and Garon lies dead, she springs into action to hunt down Hinoka, which forces her into a confrontation with Corrin and the others.  She resurrects Takumi and - if you killed them - his retainers, as well as Ryoma's dead retainers and brings in her own retainers which are at this point being mind-controlled.

And in Revelation... they capture their own siblings and wage a war with one another, for only one can be Empress of Fateslandia!  But they first let everyone get together and hop into Valla so that they can avoid collateral damage and to make their jobs a lot easier.

Man, coming up with wacko conspiracy theories/alternate stories is fun.  Thank you, @CyberController, for giving me fuel for this pointless train!

2 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

And in Revelation... they capture their own siblings and wage a war with one another, for only one can be Empress of Fateslandia!  But they first let everyone get together and hop into Valla so that they can avoid collateral damage and to make their jobs a lot easier.

Additionally, in Revelation they are using the gang to remove a potential future threat that neither of them wants to deal with: Anankos. Elise, having seeing what his influence did to her father, knows that he has to be eliminated eventually for her to reign supreme, and Sakura... maybe... somehow got her mother to tell her about Anankos at some point? Mind-control? Magic orb? It's FATES after all!! Who cares! In Revelation Corrin and Azura have also already done the work of uniting Fatesland so it's no problem for Sakura and Elise to orchestrate a hostile takeover, (Assuming the casualties of the Anankos battle went the way they wanted, most of the royal family on both sides should at least be crippled by then).

Anyway great idea, I love this. I'm assuming this is all post game which is why we never get to see any of it.

44 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Body double.

All an elaborate plan to broaden the bad blood between the Hoshidans and Nohrians.  Elise has someone else disguise themselves as her so that they could manipulate Corrin.  The plan only extended as far as either Xander or Corrin killing this fake "Elise", but there was the added bonus of Corrin also killing Xander.  Elise wanted Camilla to take the throne and subtly manipulate her, but Camilla refuses the throne and gives it to the less receptive Leo.  It is at the crowning ceremony that Elise reveals herself as the final boss as she attempts to assassinate Leo with a horde of undead warriors and monsters.

Sakura, meanwhile, let Corrin capture her in Conquest so that she could assassinate both of her brothers and possibly Hinoka, but then the Nohrians had the idea of merely pretending that they killed Hinoka.  Sakura hopes that eventually Hinoka will be spotted and killed, but when the dust settles and Garon lies dead, she springs into action to hunt down Hinoka, which forces her into a confrontation with Corrin and the others.  She resurrects Takumi and - if you killed them - his retainers, as well as Ryoma's dead retainers and brings in her own retainers which are at this point being mind-controlled.

Man, coming up with wacko conspiracy theories/alternate stories is fun.  Thank you, @CyberController, for giving me fuel for this pointless train!

Welcome to the world of Radical-Alt-Timeline Creators. Notable persons include Interdimensional Observer and Rex Glacies. Glad to have you!

Edited by SoulWeaver

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Welcome to the world of Radical-Alt-Timeline Creators. Notable persons include Interdimensional Observer and Rex Glacies. Glad to have you!

I'm guessing you remember the one time I posted my giant blow by blow Conquest rewrite? And did I post the Birthright one? I don't remember. I never did finish the altered Revelation, too much variability at the end and I felt 28 chapters only was a little too tight. I got as far as... C16-17?

When the Great Dragon Vein of Fire is released despite having to get around Garon, Xander, and Ryoma to do so. Corrin then plummets off a collapsing cliff after the Silent Dragon in their head thanks them for releasing the three Great Dragon Veins so that it could awaken and bring an end to the war between Nohr and Hoshido- as it told Azura and Corrin it would when it came to them in a dream some time ago. When Corrin awakens, it takes five minutes before a phantasmal soldier comes crashing into their tent. Turns out releasing the Great Dragon Veins wasn't such a good idea after all. By the end of the story, it'd turn out the "Silent Dragon", who was in fact asleep and not doing anything wrong, was Arete's and Mikoto's evil middle child brother who accidentally trapped part of his soul in the sleeping Silent Dragon ~20 years ago in a desperate move to use more of its power to stop the invading Nohrian and Hoshidan forces.

Revelation only happens because Corrin in refusing to side with Nohr or Hoshido, earns Azura's sympathy, brings them to safety in the ruined and abandoned capital of Valla to the north of Nohr and Hoshido, and accompanied optionally by: Jakob, Felicia, Silas Kaze, Midori, Mozu (I think thats all I included up to that point), prays under Azura's leadership in the Temple of the Silent Dragon. Because Azura and Corrin are both Major Silent Bloods and Azura was taught Vallite prayer by the former princess-priestess Mikoto, the pray stirs the Silent Dragon, and the bit of Mikoto and Arete's brother's soul is able to wiggle deeper into the sleeping dragon and then use its power to trick Azura and Corrin into releasing the Great Dragon Veins so that said evil brother can rule the world as a god controlling the Silent Dragon. Had Corrin chosen Nohr or Hoshido, the trip to Valla would never happen, the Silent Dragon would never stir, and the villain would never appear. Since Azura, Corrin , and Mikoto are the only ones with Major Silent Blood alive, and the first and last always die in the final battle of BR and CQ, and the last always dies at the end of Rev, same with Garon. Technically, the Silent Dragon could still stir by Corrin or a descendant of them or Takumi or Sakura (Minor Silents), but it wouldn't have to happen nor would it in the short term. Thus, this Revelation does not inherently make it absolutely better than CQ or BR, since there is no manipulation by a force fought only in Rev. as there is in the actual real versions of Fates- Mikoto and Garon are the real and independent villains of those routes. It is still more golden-ish, but not perfect.

...But in truth, none of my rewrites were really all that good, but I tried. Such is the nature of fanfiction.

Or is this referencing my massive Valentian history notes, which may or may not find contradiction with the actual games? It was a labor of love and passion, and a procrastinator exercise (as was the Fates stuff).

The only issue is that sometimes, you hold so close to your ideas in your head that it makes the reality more painful for it. 

Hmmm....here are some other ideas.

Elise wears black to symbolize her dark heart. Sakura wears white to symbolize her love for death (white is associated with death in Japanese), and her hair is red to show her bloodlust.

In Chapter 3, Elise put a Berserk spell on Hans. She hoped that he would get the Hoshidans to kill the avatar. When that didn't work, she put a Berserk spell on him again, so he would attack Corrin and Gunther.

In Chapter 18 of Conquest, Zola realized that Sakura was behind the deaths of many Nohrians, and was forced to capture her and her family. He planned to kill her to end the war, but her Co Conspirator Elise decided to convince her siblings to free her. 

5 hours ago, Purple Mage said:

Fates has a story stupid enough that it could be plausible. But why would Elise die in BR if she was one of the scheming masterminds all along?

Sakura informs Elise about the Replicate skill. Elise uses it, but uses her magic so that she doesn't get hurt when the replica dies.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm guessing you remember the one time I posted my giant blow by blow Conquest rewrite? And did I post the Birthright one? I don't remember. I never did finish the altered Revelation, too much variability at the end and I felt 28 chapters only was a little too tight. I got as far as... C16-17?

No, I assumed you did that kind of thing after the Roy Harem Incident. Also, that sounds very interesting, I may borrow some of those concepts when I finally get around to Fateslandia in my own Story.

19 minutes ago, CyberController said:

Link to your story?

It's still hugely a work-in-progress - I have a handful of fragments from across the Story and the skeleton of a beginning, but I still need to start piecing things together. I have three fragments on my About Me page if you want to check those out, but I haven't posted anything here on SF specifically…yet. I'm working on it.

13 hours ago, CyberController said:

I wonder. Should the girls’ retainers be aware of their evil or not?

Hana's close friendship with Sakura and Effie's close friendship with Elise are both very much stressed in-game, so they should probably know. They could have been tasked with backstabbing Subaki and Arthur when the time came.