Etrian Odyssey 3 Mafia - Signups

Grace

Hie thee to the ocean city... To the Yggdrasil Labyrinth.

It's time for another GraceSetup(tm), strap yourselves in for a ride.

(stolen from SB and edited):

Spoiler

RULES
1. I'm the host, and what I say goes. Edits to these rules may come at any time, although you will be informed if this occurs.
2. This game is NOC. Communicate in the game thread only, unless your role allows you to do otherwise.
2a. This includes non-players. If you spoil all of my potential subs I'll get kind of mad.
3. You may not speak during the night phase unless your role allows you to do otherwise.
4. Don't talk to dead people, don't talk to non-players who aren't hosts/IOs. 
5. Taking screenshots and posting outside communications with the host, real or forged, will result in an instant modkill.
6. Don't edit your posts. If you somehow slip up with this, contact me immediately and tell me what you changed.
7. If you are modkilled by any fault of your own, you lose. 
8. If you attempt to gain an advantage for your faction through your modkill, I'll see to it that it doesn't happen.
9. If you don't post for 24 hours, I will prod you. After enough prods, I will attempt to sub you out or modkill you if that isn't possible.
10. Don't be a dick. It's a game, treat it as such.

MECHANICS
1. This game starts on Day 1.
2. Days last for roughly 72 hours, while nights last for 24. These will probably be bent for my convenience.
3. 1/3rd of the living players must vote a target in order to lynch them. 2/3rd hammers early. Ties lead to no lynch.
4. If two day phases pass with no lynch target (intentional or otherwise), universal loss will occur.
5. You will be informed if your action fails or hits an unintended target.
6. *YLO will be announced. Whether or not it is potential *YLO will not be.
6a. *YLO is defined as a phase where the town can lose at the beginning of the following day phase.
7. Full Role PM's will flip upon a player's death.
8. This game is not bastard.
9. There are zero vanilla roles in this game. 
10. Threats to the town will have a mod-given fakeclaim, including the town wincon.
11. Players may only use one non-factional action per night, if applicable.
12. If there is a conflict between the rules and your Role PM, your Role PM is right.

A sample Role PM:

Spoiler

Dear USER,

You are <rolename>.
You begin with xx/yy TP.
<role abilities>,
<wincon>

Which leads into the following:
Game Specific Mechanic:
All players begin with a particular amount of TP (Tech Points), and a maximum amount that a player may have during a game. All role abilities require TP to be used. If you do not have the requisite TP to use an ability, you cannot use it. Players do not naturally regain TP over time. Any changes to a players' TP value will be notified when required. Roleblocked actions do not consume TP.

Playerlist:
Sunwoo 
Prims 
Via 
Weapons
Kokichi
Athena 
Omega 
Bluedoom 
Shinori 
Eury
Bartozio 
Clarinets

You may also provide a character name upon signing up, via PM or in thread. This has no effect on the game, it's just small flavor things.

Edited by Grace

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In because it's Etrian Odyssey. Even if this one was my least favorite.

Character name can be Shirou.

Edited by Sunwoo

As someone whos played mafia-type boardgames before, but never on a forum, do you think this is doable or too overwhelming, with everyone having a role? In case you think its doable, I'd love to join. I have no idea what Etrian Odyssee is, but I suppose thats not required.

1 hour ago, athena_57 said:

Alrighty then, I'm in!

Grace has revealed that the use of abilities is dependent on the TP that one has; it seems simple enough from what the OP says. Even if there are other complexities in the role/game, it's unlikely to be more complex than what one finds in board games.

In case the name is free choice, Athena works for me, :P (Or Pallas in case you're bothered by a male person naming themselves after a female deity)

In case it has to be something referencing/otherwise dependent on the setting, ignore this post and do whatever.

Edited by athena_57
Changed wording to bothered

I'd prefer to be a male character cuz Gender Things but in the end I'll take whatever. Valdis has the letters for Via in it like Percival does. :rolleyes:

@athena_57 I don't think Grace of all people would care but for the record if you didn't know using the word "triggered" in this kind of context isn't encouraged because the word was appropriated from people with illnesses like PTSD who describe what triggers their flashbacks and breakdowns. for the record I have PTSD but I'm not going to string you up for using the word in this way, just thought I should let you know bro. (I will string you up if you're mafia though. huehue.)

I prefer bringing back quality memes such as "did I rustle ur jimmies" over making triggered jokes.

Edited by Vi-astra

@athena_57 hey no it's cool! I hope I didn't sound like a dick there, I usually don't correct people but you seemed like you just weren't aware so I thought I'd give you a heads up. you're cool.

Edited by Vi-astra

I've never seen people around here comment about people using the word triggered.  So I don't think it's that much of an issue @athena_57 

Maybe Via knows something I don't know but I'm pretty sure I've used it or some people have used it before and it's not really caused an issue.  But no people shouldn't be bothered by your name or anything along the lines of gender relatability but I will apologize ahead of time if you prefer specific pronouns cause I'm bad at keeping pronouns in check.  I still say "She" to Via half the time and I call some people "HE" as well as "She" and a large portion of this I think has to do with avatar's or posting attitudes so I apologize if I call you something you don't like to be called and it's not intentional.

11/12, but still probably won't start for a day or so, I'm still not home from my trip. sozlol

edit: small detail i forgot in the rules; roleblocked actions do not use TP. 

Edited by Grace