[Spoilers] Viability of Zacharias as a playable character?

Arcphoenix

Does anyone else imagine we might get Zacharias someday, no, not Bruno. Zacharias the lance wielder.

Yes the two characters are one and the same, but I've kind of been hoping to see him in his Zacharias alias specifically someday, maybe as a Tempest Trial reward resulting from tempest-weirdness (since it bends time and space), with Zacharias wearing the Askran armor donned by Alfonse, Anna, and Sharena and wielding a lance. Opinions on this?

Edited by Arcphoenix

Let’s get Bruno first.

Let’s get buffs for the existing Askrans first.

Let’s get Veronica first.

Let’s get either or both of the Laeg-sisters first.

Let’s resolve at least some of the plot first.

Let's get a Marth alt first

I think there is a possibility that we could get Zacharias, but definitely not before Bruno.

Where did Bruno go anyway? He's been out of the story for a while now...

If Bruno wins a future CYL, I think it'd make a lot of sense for him to show up as a lance user and in a "Zacharias" outfit, although he'd probably still call himself Bruno.

Given that there's still no word on when we might get any non-CYL versions of the antagonists, let alone non-CYL alts of them, I think that's the best chance of it in the foreseeable future.

Making Sharena even less relevant.

2 hours ago, Lau said:

Where did Bruno go anyway? He's been out of the story for a while now...

He's off trying to figure out if there's a way to get rid of the curse on the Emblan royal bloodline.

2 hours ago, Lau said:

Let's get a Marth alt first

The fact that we have non-seasonal alts for Eirika, Ephraim, Ike, and Chrom suggests that the other lords are likely to follow suit.

Edited by Ice Dragon

After we get CYL Veronica who'll probably be related to a story arc in which Veronica switch sides to Askr, then maybe we can get Bruno as Zacharias. If we do get Zacharias I just want him to be a armored General with golden Askr attire. I don't know why, but I just do. Though a free blue mage on a horse would probably be a better addition for everyone.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The fact that we have non-seasonal alts for Eirika, Ephraim, Ike, and Chrom suggests that the other lords are likely to follow suit.

but Ephraim and Ike are Legendary Heroes, not permanent addition to the pool like Chrom and Eirika is,  not to mention they are not always present each Legendary Banner. 

32 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

but Ephraim and Ike are Legendary Heroes, not permanent addition to the pool like Chrom and Eirika is,  not to mention they are not always present each Legendary Banner. 

Legendary Heroes have more availability than other 5-star-exclusive characters (except maybe Hinoka, who seems to get herself onto banners stupidly often). Sure, they'll never accidentally pity-break you, but if you want one of them, you're pretty much guaranteed that they'll show up on a banner within the next 2 months.

The last time Luke was on a banner was 8 and a half months ago... on the banner where he was a new character.

41 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Legendary Heroes have more availability than other 5-star-exclusive characters (except maybe Hinoka, who seems to get herself onto banners stupidly often). Sure, they'll never accidentally pity-break you, but if you want one of them, you're pretty much guaranteed that they'll show up on a banner within the next 2 months.

The last time Luke was on a banner was 8 and a half months ago... on the banner where he was a new character.

That's true for now, but it's worth bearing in mind that each individual one will get less and less frequent as more of them get added. Although it'll take quite a while for them to get less frequent than most 5* exclusives.

That's interesting about Luke and Hinoka. Looks like Hinoka has shown up on 7 banners so far.

9 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

Does anyone else imagine we might get Zacharias someday, no, not Bruno. Zacharias the lance wielder.

Yes the two characters are one and the same, but I've kind of been hoping to see him in his Zacharias alias specifically someday, maybe as a Tempest Trial reward resulting from tempest-weirdness (since it bends time and space), with Zacharias wearing the Askran armor donned by Alfonse, Anna, and Sharena and wielding a lance. Opinions on this?

I think you mean 'possibility' instead of 'viability.'

But, at any rate, I seriously doubt that this will happen anytime soon. We don't even have Bruno yet, who I consider much more likely to appear as an ally. If Zacharias were to appear at all, I think it would be in the distant future. I'm pretty indifferent towards the idea of getting him, and there are lots of things I would want and expect them to do before they do this.

16 hours ago, Ae†her said:

After we get CYL Veronica who'll probably be related to a story arc in which Veronica switch sides to Askr, then maybe we can get Bruno as Zacharias. If we do get Zacharias I just want him to be a armored General with golden Askr attire. I don't know why, but I just do. Though a free blue mage on a horse would probably be a better addition for everyone.

There's nothing saying both can't be in, just released separately (kind of like Lucina and Masked Lucina). Bruno, I feel would be obtained through the story as Main Veronica likely will eventually. Zacharias would likely be from a Tempest Trial or CYL.

18 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Let’s get Bruno first.

Let’s get buffs for the existing Askrans first.

Let’s get Veronica first.

Let’s get either or both of the Laeg-sisters first.

Let’s resolve at least some of the plot first.

Definitely priorities. I'm sort of just speculating ahead in this. I'm imagining this Zacharias would be from a different Askr, pulled from during the time he was in or had just left that Order of Heroes of that world (he'd probably be at a lost on how to get back in this case, regardless, he'd be a separate entity from main Bruno). That or he's from an alternate Zenith with a somewhat different background (as I'm imagining CYL Veronica may be as well).

Edited by Arcphoenix