If the captured bosses had supports....

CyberController

The only one who really stands out to me is Kumagera. He's the only one who isn't either a standard generic boss (like Senno or Daichi) or a previously unmentioned and never mentioned again member of a faction's army (Daniela). He has motives. He has clear issues with Nohr. Being able to Capture him in Conquest would have been a great way to have him interact with the Nohrians and see things from their perspective.

2 hours ago, Kurrin said:

He's the only one who isn't either a standard generic boss (like Senno or Daichi) or a previously unmentioned and never mentioned again member of a faction's army (Daniela).

Candace uses a different in-game model than all other Units and thus can't Reclass at all, perpetually locked to Adventurer. I'd say that's something. She and Nichol also have Crit Cut-ins and unused data suggesting they were intended to have larger Story roles, such as implications that they can marry Corrin, which makes sense since they're the bosses of the children of the two characters you get no matter which path you choose.

15 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Candace uses a different in-game model than all other Units and thus can't Reclass at all, perpetually locked to Adventurer. I'd say that's something. She and Nichol also have Crit Cut-ins and unused data suggesting they were intended to have larger Story roles, such as implications that they can marry Corrin, which makes sense since they're the bosses of the children of the two characters you get no matter which path you choose.

"What could have been" doesn't mean what they are now, which is what I took my comment from. Obviously, I'd have found it more interesting if they were actual characters rather than basic bosses with the occasional unique sprite/model and maybe a sentence or two to describe them. The most development that we got out of the Paralogue bosses is that Candace really loves Adventuring, which is better than nothing, I guess.

1 hour ago, Kurrin said:

"What could have been" doesn't mean what they are now, which is what I took my comment from. Obviously, I'd have found it more interesting if they were actual characters rather than basic bosses with the occasional unique sprite/model and maybe a sentence or two to describe them. The most development that we got out of the Paralogue bosses is that Candace really loves Adventuring, which is better than nothing, I guess.

Ah, my bad. I do like Kumagera too, then, though frankly Nichol beats all the others out for me thanks to the number of times he's saved my bacon in-game, especially in Birthright where I don't have a Wyvern Unit without him. As for Candace, she's also shown to be good with words and logic considering she managed to sufficiently confuse Midori about whether she was stealing the herbs from Midori or whether Midori was stealing them from the forest, so that's a thing I suppose.

Haitaka may be the easiest to give relevant Supports. He kidnapped Azura so the two could have a support where Haitaka tries to make things right while Azura is still rightfully warry of him. Or Haitaka could try to justify his actions. I imagine the Hoshidan royals also have plenty to say to Haitaka. I believe they call him a renegade during their boss conversation with Azura.

On 12/3/2018 at 6:28 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

Haitaka may be the easiest to give relevant Supports. He kidnapped Azura so the two could have a support where Haitaka tries to make things right while Azura is still rightfully warry of him. Or Haitaka could try to justify his actions. I imagine the Hoshidan royals also have plenty to say to Haitaka. I believe they call him a renegade during their boss conversation with Azura.

I agree with you in that supports for both Haitaka and Kumagera would be 'natural', considering that they played specific roles in the main storyline, and joining the opposite side requires very strong reasons. Kumagera for example, could join Corrin if it were his best shot at stopping Garon; shameful means (for a Hoshidian) for a higher end.

If Shura had some supports, why would Haitaka and Kumagera not?

Here's a list of possible ones:

Daniela: Possibly the Hoshidan royals. It might be interesting to see how she sees another perspective. Maybe also Jakob/Felicia/Silas, since they're all Nohrians who ended up working for Hoshido.

Kumagera: Well, maybe he could support Kaze. That could be interesting to see two Hoshidans fighting for Nohr.

Haitaka: As well as Kaze, perhaps he could support Azura and try to apologize for what he did.

Lloyd and Lllewyn: Each other, of course. 

Nichol: Perhaps Shura or Niles, given they have similar backstories.