Jordan Peterson, my hero

Junkhead

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm... I have no idea who this guy is, but I watched the whole video... 

Oh dear, he reminds me of those "red pill" guys on reddit.  Please get a new hero.  This guy has a toxic mentality, and the stuff he is saying about women is simply not true.

2 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Oh dear, he reminds me of those "red pill" guys on reddit.  

please no

Actually anything reddit isn't doing it for me. 

The Red Pill guys have this confirmation bias. They want to believe in it so hard, eveb if it isn't benefitting or helping them in any way. 

Edited by Soul~!

10 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

please no

The Red Pill guys have this confirmation bias. They want to believe in it so hard, eveb if it isn't benefitting or helping them in any way. 

As true as it is, Jordan Peterson is the type of dude the Red Pillers, Incels and MGTOWs will repost constantly.

I feel bad for starting the derailment of this thread and I feel like I should say I again, I don't really hate Jordan Peterson. Him being a dude who rigorously argues for the status quo, I tend to dislike him for things he doesn't do rather than the things he does(Though he has many, many opinions and stances that I find highly questionable). And if you want to listen to the things he says, just take it all with a grain of salt, or listen from a distance. If you can separate yourself from a lot of what he says, maybe he can offer something for you. Just don't get crazy with it and quote him like he's gospel. His diehard followers aren't very good people.

Edited by Slumber

12 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

please no

reddit is a massive community, there are a lot of bad subreddits and a couple good ones, there's probably literally a subreddit of people based around the statement 'fuck i love jordan peterson's philosophy' so why toss that out

13 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

right, that's why we're talking shit about jordan peterson,

"I'm an alpha male" claims man with stupid hat who spends most of his life getting rejected for being a massive creep, given swirlies and shoved in lockers. What a fucking loser. Any of us posting in this thread could take his lunch money with a stiff glare.

Staying married and support their family are good, but I don't know about repressing women...

There was one thing in that video that I've heard about elsewhere I guess, being that disciplining in schools tend to target common impulses that young boys have, while the girls are generally more able to stay in line with the rules, but his extended interpretation that the boys that don't care will be alpha males was a bit baffling.

I don't think my idea of masculinity lines up with what he focuses on. Sure, getting girls is nice, and perhaps part of the "ideal", but to me it's something closer to like... Honor? Loyalty?

1 hour ago, Tryhard said:

second only to Mike Pence thinking Mulan was liberal and feminist propaganda

Honestly coming from him that sounds like a compliment to me. Must be doing something right to get his craw.

On topic (much as this is FFTF), .I'm not going to pretend hearing going back to the 50s is an argument I can take seriously. Partly because the 50's here were not a golden age of dominance (I'm not saying it was that in the US either, much as it certainly has an association as being idyllic). Then again, being a man is something that's honestly a bit more open to interpretation, especially nowadays.

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

As true as it is, Jordan Peterson is the type of dude the Red Pillers, Incels and MGTOWs will repost constantly.

I feel bad for starting the derailment of this thread and I feel like I should say I again, I don't really hate Jordan Peterson. Him being a dude who rigorously argues for the status quo, I tend to dislike him for things he doesn't do rather than the things he does(Though he has many, many opinions and stances that I find highly questionable). And if you want to listen to the things he says, just take it all with a grain of salt, or listen from a distance. If you can separate yourself from a lot of what he says, maybe he can offer something for you. Just don't get crazy with it and quote him like he's gospel. His diehard followers aren't very good people.

I think I have yet to hear from him that sounds despicable. I've seen only a video of the sort, which was in regards to something people apprently misunderstood as him "mistreating" transgender people. That's it. Everything else I've heard of him is one of the better self-improvement advices I heard. 

And on the actual topic (the timestamp), it's still fuckin' hilarious.

2 hours ago, Parrhesia said:

"I'm an alpha male" claims man with stupid hat who spends most of his life getting rejected for being a massive creep, given swirlies and shoved in lockers. What a fucking loser. Any of us posting in this thread could take his lunch money with a stiff glare.

Where is this even coming from?

On 3/11/2018 at 4:57 PM, Integrity said:

2: "political correctness has gone too far and we need to act to stop it" there's a chrome mod somebody whipped up that replaces 'political correctness' with 'treating people with respect' and if you strip away the boogeyman element that the right has put on it that's literally what it is. i cannot take anyone who unironically rails against political correctness seriously because they're always, to a man, railing against a fiction that tumblrinas are somehow a real and majorly present faction and not bizarre outsiders trying to band together for some semblance of security.

can i have a link to that it sounds really funny and useful considering how often ive seen some dipshit go on a "political correctness has gone too far" thing 

23 hours ago, Tryhard said:

second only to Mike Pence thinking Mulan was liberal and feminist propaganda

that's actually one of the funniest things i've ever seen though everyone please read

i like how the issue with gender integration in the military is that the men molest women and can't help it, so the blame falls to the women for being integrated

piss off mike pence

22 hours ago, Integrity said:

i like how the issue with gender integration in the military is that the men molest women and can't help it, so the blame falls to the women for being integrated

piss off mike pence

Nope, it's that neither side will be able to control themselves.

Like, that's just scary.  Does that mean that Mike Pence can't control himself in front of women?  Because I can sure as hell control myself in front of a cute guy.

On 3/12/2018 at 2:24 AM, Parrhesia said:

the fact that jordan peterson is a massive loser lmfao

You're the loser.

21 hours ago, Ϲharlie said:

Bunch of beta soyboy cucks in this thread

take more brainforce

Stop being a meme.

Just now, Soul~! said:

Yeah, well, not all of us can.

Then make yourself a better person.  With God on your side, you CAN beat your inner demons! :P:

11 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Yeah, well, not all of us can.

In what universe is that an excuse though?

like not even trying to be rude, why would you apply that logic to anything people do, let alone sexual assault???