• Xander the Pimp
    • Kagero the Ninjabbit
    • Camilla the Naughty Bun
    • Sharena the Bun-Bun Pal
    • Lucina the Eggsalt
    • Catria the Bunnywing
    • Chrom the Helpful Rabbit

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/2018 at 05:00 AM

1 hour ago, Kozac said:

I admit that Kagero have a personnality that can be funny (drawing) so people like her, however in Heroes, the Fanservice power is stronger than the originals games and majority of people like her more for the Fanservice, that's the thing which despite me the most.

Do you have a report that says most people in the world like her for fanservice?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Do you have a report that says most people in the world like her for fanservice?

You may right, people maybe like her for others reasons.

But the charadesign plus lack of personnality are big clues about Kagero's popularity(i don't know if people love stubborn ninja but a lot of them love attractive design, you can see it everywhere in every community) 

Edited by Kozac

Darn, both Chrom and Alfonse lost. Oh well, saw it coming. 

I have Bunny Lucina, and I prefer her design to Kagero's - the cutesy style actually suits for this kind of outfit, so I'm happy enough to support her.

5 minutes ago, Kozac said:

You may right, people maybe like her for others reasons.

But the charadesign plus lack of personnality are big clues about Kagero's popularity(i don't know if people love stubborn but a lot of them love attractive design, you can see it everywhere in every community) 

I already pointed out things about her personality that people might like (or at least I do). I wouldn't describe it as "lack of personality", she does have one. It's just never properly explored or developed from it's base. Of course she'd never have this amount of support if she wasn't designed for fanservice, but that doesn't mean there is nothing beyond it and it certainly doesn't make her less deserving of victory than Lucina.

15 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I already pointed out things about her personality that people might like (or at least I do). I wouldn't describe it as "lack of personality", she does have one. It's just never properly explored or developed from it's base. Of course she'd never have this amount of support if she wasn't designed for fanservice, but that doesn't mean there is nothing beyond it and it certainly doesn't make her less deserving of victory than Lucina.

I'll take it, and i think i'll stop complaining about this, if she wins, well GG Kagero's supporters for making the character you love win, and vice versa for Lucina. Good Luck

I want it known, I am not defending Lucina in any way. In fact, I may go as far as to say that even the most well-liked FE characters aren't quite that developed or build on established backstory.

But Lucina has far more interaction to go on compared to Kagero, with not just being a story-important character AND supports to go off of, but also DLC that specifically exists to build further on each character AND an important role in DLC that serves as alternate timeline bugaloo which changes depending on who her mom is.

Kagero, at least as far as the United States cares, ONLY has her small role in the story and supports to go off of, plus small quips in some of the DLC. I don't even know how much of a role she has in the Festival of Bonds DLCs because they were never released in the US (and I don't really want to go looking for "unofficial" fan translations).

...also Kagero was voted 27th most popular female out of 33, 35 if counting the two Corrins and Kanas, in the Fates char popularity poll (to be fair I'm not sure if NPCs and Capture units were counted either). Lucina, meanwhile, was THE MOST popular female in the Awakening Popularity poll. Not even among child units, among all the females. While I'm not sure how much has changed over the years, at least initial impressions were quite the show.

Re: the last couple of pages on character popularity:

I think there's a point that has been missed here.

The point is that there are fans in this very thread who (in this case), like Kagero (myself included), for various reasons. One doesn't have to agree with those reasons, but, consider that we're here.

Posts saying "Character X is only popular because of fanservice vs. this character who is popular because of Y" ten times over add nothing meaningful to these threads. The only thing they accomplish is annoy those who like the character and spoil what could be a merry mood in the thread. And while I don't know about the rest of folks, I'll say that I, for one, vastly prefer a merry mood to a meaningless discussion.

7 hours ago, Johann said:

I think I set that Lyn, but I don't think I ended up getting to use her because I got through armor week pretty easy.

Part of me is hoping that they'll just let us straight up borrow 1 friend unit at a time in any mode except Arena/AA.

Yeah, I don't think I got further than the second row on my Armour runs either, I suppose being sturdy and Armour Buffed will take you far. A couple of Armour Boots make a good fit for the occasion too. :]

It will be interesting to see if they expand the unit borrowing to new modes at some point.

Dare one hope the Feh channel might have something?

Edited by Tactician_Iris

Were people really still complaining about why people voted for certain characters? I've asked this before, but do you guys not get tired of repeating the same thing over and over again? Complaining about the community's tastes isn't going to change it. Then again, at this point I've just come to accept that complaining about female characters not covered from head to toe comes with the community.

The mode isn't even a pure popularity contest anymore, which just makes these complaints come off as even more whiny.

Edited by Frenzify

I think it should also be a solid point that saying things like "I think you guys are missing the point of xxx" and "Don't you get tired of saying xxx" also does nothing but continue to let the argument never die. I mean, if you really want an argument to die, you don't hold up the argument and tell people to stop bugging it, you leave it be. Same as how most anti-bully messages say "don't acknowledge the bully and eventually they'll realize no one is laughing with them and they'll stop" or similar.

But hey it's also my fault for not saying that I was kidding about not liking Kagero because she was pure fanservice, and also my fault that I felt the need to justify myself.

Y'all Kagero people need to chill out a bit, having nearly a 2 billion lead over Lucina is overkill even for modern VG standards.

23 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Y'all Kagero people need to chill out a bit, having nearly a 2 billion lead over Lucina is overkill even for modern VG standards.

We’re only about six hours into the round. Multiplier shenanigans run wild, as expected. In half an hour Lucina is going to swing this pendulum back. In an hour after that Kagero does the same. Rinse and repeat.

Yeah I am blowing some flags on these early ones. Never a full batch of 200, but clear out the 5's that have built up. Clear out the 100. Another 100. And maybe yet another to empty the 300 I carried over. I have had leftover flags too often in these to not spend early on the final round.  Still though need to hold onto a minimum of 600 at least for the second day(if the final multiplier lands at the wrong time I will only be able to get in one round that hour).

4 hours ago, Kozac said:

I don't have number, but you just have to look at the fanbase of Fanservice characters that IS created (Camilla, Kagero, Tharja,...) what they say about those character, or you can look at the fanarts (if they show the sexualized side and the number of fanart compared to others characters), you will see plenty of them support them because they look sexy or maybe the personnality (like i said before), also,IS takes popular characters for seasonal units (often awakening/fates) we have now 3 Camilla,2 Tharja,bride Charlotte, 2Kagero...IS didn't takes them by chance, he knows they have big community behind them because Fanservice.  

I don't know about that, putting aside Camilla, Kagero is fun character with pretty tame standard design and Tharja has nothing but personality going for her (her fashion sense can hardly save her from looking like insomniac zombie). 

In other hand most loved femalecharacters are: girl with three moving pixel fanservice value, nine years old child, princess flatter than aforementioned child and Celica (alright maybe fan service is thing in her case).

Well, I would lie if I said I dislike Ninjabitts killer legs, so I am guilty for bit.

52 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I mean, if you really want an argument to die, you don't hold up the argument and tell people to stop bugging it, you leave it be.

You do if ignoring it clearly hasn't accomplished anything constructive for an extended period of time though. At that point one might as well try and do/say something constructive in the vain hope that maybe, just maybe the pattern will change if you try. Since hope will never die and such

7 hours ago, NoirCore said:

I'm intrigued as to why "boring" is a large factor in you hating a character instead of merely just being indifferent to them. But eh, I guess plenty of people hate stuff that gets very popular that they don't share the same opinion in.

Well, because there are different levels of boring. I can find something a little boring and be indifferent to it. Or extremely boring and just plain hate it. And I disliked her before she became popular or before I knew she was popular.

Also, a boring character/personality isn't the only reason I don't like her. Her design is boring to me too imo, since it's just genderbent Marth. And I don't like that she time travels. Time travel is something I always found dumb.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Several people seem to talk of joining Kagero just so Lucina doesn't win again.

Any reason anyone picks is completely fine and fair.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Any reason anyone picks is completely fine and fair.

This.

But ignore him, he loves complaining when people go against his beloved Lucina.

51 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Since hope will never die and such

A valiant effort, but resistance is futile There's always vocal complaining over fanservice during VGs, it's like clockwork. And then complaining about the complaining. The cycle is vicious.

I've got a good chunk of flags with some left over from the last round. I'm probably going to hold most for tomorrow and pray we don't end up with a day of same hell. Hopefully my cumulative score won't be too bad in the end.

Edited by Alkaid

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But ignore him, he loves complaining when people go against his beloved Lucina.

I’m a huge fan of Lucina too, but I’m fine with others not sharing my liking her. They have their reasons.

Much like I don’t like Ike at all (and I have my reasons), but that doesn’t prevent me from respecting those who do like him.

It’s just not worth it to argue about.

Do people still pick teams based on whether you like the characters rather than whoever you think will maximise your feather rewards?

Do people still give more than 0.0 shits what team strangers join?

How quaint.