Item use

Battywat

Units have to be at a specific rank in weapons to use them. The rank required is in the weapon description, and the unit’s weapon rank is located towards the bottom of the advanced unit stats. Rescue requires the unit to have a rank of E or higher in staves. If you’ve reclassed Lissa to something else, say with a second seal, than you’ll have to make sure that class has access to staves.

Each class also has an upper limit for each weapon, so make sure that you are reclassing units right. It’s not a big deal if you’ve screwed up, you can just get Lissa to level 10 and use a second seal on her

Additionaly, she may not be able to use it if there is nobody within the range of her staff.

Edited by Will Bill

50 minutes ago, Will Bill said:

Each class also has an upper limit for each weapon, so make sure that you are reclassing units right. It’s not a big deal if you’ve screwed up, you can just get Lissa to level 10 and use a second seal on her

Pretty sure in Awakening all weapons go up to A rank regardless of class, if they can wield the weapon (The unit remembers the rank they had for every weapon type). Fates was the one with the class caps on weapon ranks (Never liked that call).

Other than that that would be correct.

I'm uncertain, but I think a select few maps disable use of Rescue entirely. I don't know which maps exactly, or even if it's true, but I'm fairly certain a couple DLC maps such as the 5 Anna Firefight and The Future's Past don't allow them. That might be your problem.

Can confirm that at least one map exists which disables Rescue - Ch23 before the purple barrier breaks. I think I read 5 Anna Firefight does, too, but can't confirm. Can also confirm that all weapon ranks go up to A in Awakening regardless of class.

Rescue Staves are E rank and available for use so long as (1) you actually have the Rescue Staff, (2) your unit is in a class which has staff access, and (3) there is at least 1 target unit in range of your Rescue. Obviously if there's no one to rescue, you can't use it. If Lissa is a Pegasus Knight or Dark Flier, she can't use it due to lacking Staff access.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

5 Anna Firefight definitely does, one of the few maps where I decided I was going fast with it.

I'm certain there's another DLC map, but I don't recall right now.

It is also not able to be used in the Future Past DLC.