Who should "do" Palutena's Guidance for Switch?

ZeManaphy

Who should do Palutena's Guidance in Smash for Switch?   

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who should do Palutena's Guidance in Smash for Switch?

• It should remain Pit and company.
    • Some characters of Fire Emblem should take over.
    • A third party.
    • There shouldn't be a guidance.
    • Some other Nintendo Franchise.

In Brawl, we had Solid Snake conversations in which characters from his franchise told him about characters, such as origins, moves, and how to beat them. In 3DS/Wii U,  Pit, Palutena, Pit and Viridi took over such role. For Smash switch, who should lead the conversations. I could see Fire Emblem taking over, since recently their latest games, Echoes, Warriors, and Heroes featured some really good voice acting, so it wouldn't be crazy to have them perform it. My only concern is that these chats tend humorous, Fire Emblem tends to be more serious and Dramatic. But anyway, who should do the guidance for the next games? 

Unless they cook up some new idea for the singular purpose of keeping it fresh, I'm more than fine sticking with the Kid Icarus crew. Those are some of the best voice actors in any nintendo game - coming from the most genuinely comical nintendo game. Sakurai wrote the entire script of Uprising, you know. Dude's got serious comedic chops. In fact, one of the things I fantasized regarding Smash 4 DLC was Hades' guidance where he comes in and just disrespects the entire cast.

Part of me wants to say that either pair of Squid Sisters could be funny, but you'd be stuck reading text. 

Some of the Snake Codec converastions were funny, but others were kind of dry and forgettable.

I feel like the Paulenta's guidance were pretty high quality and an improvement over them when taken as a whole.

I think sticking with humor is the best way to make a "guidance" thing memorable, because obviously none of these are serious attempts to help you prepare to counter the charather's movesets and stuff.

Kid Icarus charather's seem like they would be more consistently funny than Fire Emblem going into the next game.

I mostly hesitate to go with Fire Emblem, because they have a hit and miss record with humor. There are many very funny chrathers in the games (and even stuff like FEH's directs and the manga), but on the other hand, they sometimes run jokes into the ground and I find the acknowledgment of community generated memes to be a mixed bag...

If they weren't available, Fire Emblem would probbably only be my 4th choice.

I think Splatoon or maybe the Mario&Luigi RPG or the Paper Mario team ( the actual dialouge in Color Splash is often still on par with TYYD) could work pretty well, but the latter two have difficulty in justifing the advice-giver. Starlow and Huey feel like they wouldn't bring the requiste amount of ham and snark, despite the high level of comedey in their franchises, as they partly act as some of the few straigthmen in the games. Other charathers from these games (recent and old) would be better, but their finding a connection between them and whatever charather started the conversations would be harder. I still think a lot of things could work, even if it was as flimsy as TTYD Kammy Koopa giving Bowser advice.

I think a major weakness with using a commentator like  the Squid Sisters (or fire emblem's Anna) is that they can't really comment on the Inkling directly while  they are doign their bit about the enemy charather, while someone like (the KI people) or  Kammy Koopa  have stuff to say about the person receiving the advice as well. In the case of Kammy>Bowser, this could involve quite a lot, probbably trying to flatter him some times, Bowser claiming he doesn't need help, occasional glimpses that Kammy doesn't actually fully respect bowser, etc. 

I think a major strength of the Kid Icarus commentary is that Paulenta was pretty often willing to antaognize PIt and clearly had a history with him. No matter what kind of charather is used for the next game's "guidance" I hope that the "help" at least shows a relationship between the commentaor and the player fighter, instead of say just listing off all the TVTropes memes for all the charathers with no effort put into the delivery itself, only the jokes. 

It should stay Pauletena's Guidance. Actually, Paultena's Temple is probably coming back anyway but even if it doesn't, the Kid Icarus crew is perfect for this. They constantly break the fourth wall and reference other Nintendo properties in their own games (and by that, i mean Uprising because the other two KI games had like no dialogue). I can't really think of any other cast that would do the "guidance" thing better.

I think the guidance would be in the best hands if left to Pit and company. They are big enough nerds and so cheery that its totally in character for them to discuss the various fighters and make jokes about them. Sakurai is also the most familiar with this bunch which helps him nail their personality better.

Plus we really, really need to see Hades join in on their banter. 

Well, it has PB in their favour (Viredi (Is that how it's spelled?) is Hynden Welch), so I'm fine with KI staying in.

I'm open to what comes. We'll have to see when it happens, though I doubt FE would be the replacement.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Well, it has PB in their favour (Viredi (Is that how it's spelled?) is Hynden Welch), so I'm fine with KI staying in.

I'm open to what comes. We'll have to see when it happens, though I doubt FE would be the replacement.

It’s spelled ‘ Viridi ‘.

Ditto with the Kid Icarus crew returning, as their conversations were funny, informative, and in-character. I just ask for more cameos from characters that have voice acting in their own series (seriously, where was Doc Louis when they were talking about Little Mac?!).

Can we have more depth to the Star Fox easter eggs, though? They were there from the beginning, and while I'm not asking for a whole slew of conversations for every character, It would be nice if the Star Fox (and Star Wolf) crew commented on the more obscure fighters/mechanics rather than having a few (pretty good, mind you) pre-set conversations between themselves.

I will only accept Fire Emblem if Owain/Odin or Ophelia is the one giving the Guidance. Just imagine Owain geeking out about Falcon Punch. And then Severa or someone yelling at him to pay attention before trying to give actual advice only to get run over by Owain shouting 'Falcon Punch' just to see if he likes the catchphrase.

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

I will only accept Fire Emblem if Owain/Odin or Ophelia is the one giving the Guidance. Just imagine Owain geeking out about Falcon Punch. And then Severa or someone yelling at him to pay attention before trying to give actual advice only to get run over by Owain shouting 'Falcon Punch' just to see if he likes the catchphrase.

Someone should have Owain shout out all the names of Z-Moves. They all sound very Owain-ish, or something Owain would come up with.

3 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

Someone should have Owain shout out all the names of Z-Moves. They all sound very Owain-ish, or something Owain would come up with.

MALICIOUS…MOOOOOONSAAAAAAAUUUULT!!!!!

Not sure how they could pull it off, but I'd love to see either the Squid Sisters or Off The Hook (Splatoon) commenting on the stages.

-Mario Circuit-
Callie: When the fight is over, how about we go drive some karts?
Marie: We could, if you wouldn't have gotten your license revoked.

-Colosseum-
Callie:
There's a guy at the entrance taking bets on these battles. I think I'm trying again!
Marie: Just remember it this time, Archers are EFFECTIVE against the Pegasus Knights!

-Great Plateau (or any BotW stage)-
Callie:
What a beautiful place! They say the moon looks beautiful when night comes!
Marie: Just make sure it's not a crimson night...

11 minutes ago, Jave said:

Not sure how they could pull it off, but I'd love to see either the Squid Sisters or Off The Hook (Splatoon) commenting on the stages.

-Mario Circuit-
Callie: When the fight is over, how about we go drive some karts?
Marie: We could, if you wouldn't have gotten your license revoked.

-Colosseum-
Callie:
There's a guy at the entrance taking bets on these battles. I think I'm trying again!
Marie: Just remember it this time, Archers are EFFECTIVE against the Pegasus Knights!

-Great Plateau (or any BotW stage)-
Callie:
What a beautiful place! They say the moon looks beautiful when night comes!
Marie: Just make sure it's not a crimson night...

Isn’t the guidance:  Located at a home stage? And... Discusses the characters?

10 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Isn’t the guidance:  Located at a home stage? And... Discusses the characters?

Yes, but I thought I could mention something similar I would like to see as well.

Give it to the Inkling, via Marina and Pearl, i'm not even into Splatoon but it'd probably be a good way to give them some spotlight. 

The Kid Icarus guidances felt very half-assed and lamely done in comparison to the Snake Codex, the Uprising feel wasn't in almost any of them. So i'd rather them not half ass it again. 

Edited by Jedi