Debate Challenges

Mekkah

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can think of:

- Roy's tier status (one can argue it as being obscenely high, as training him helps a lot in making him able to reach the throne by himself, while L1 Roy dies to everything, so the difference between not using Roy and using Roy is far greater than with, say, Dieck)

- route alternatives

- viability of completing the game without getting all S weapons

- viability of debates without EXP rank

- definitions of tiers/tier gaps

- worth of healing vs combat

All I can think of:

- Roy's tier status (one can argue it as being obscenely high, as training him helps a lot in making him able to reach the throne by himself, while L1 Roy dies to everything, so the difference between not using Roy and using Roy is far greater than with, say, Dieck)

- route alternatives

- viability of completing the game without getting all S weapons

- definitions of tiers/tier gaps

- worth of healing vs combat

May I jump in here with my honest opinion?

-Don't care about tiers.

-Both should be considered

-Depends

-If the debators agree on it

-Back to point 1

-Utility > Combat, IMO

Things you might add to that list:

- the worth of movement

- the worth of stealing

- hard mode vs. normal mode

-definitely an advantage. How much depends on the unit.

-Huge advantage, considering there is stuff to steal.

-Both should be considered.

- hard mode vs. normal mode

Not these. At least assuming the HM vs NM one is pertaining to validity in debaets and tier lists and whatnot.

These aren't really something to debate. I see it as you have a HM tier list and a NM tier list, almost just the same as you would have a FE7 tier list and a FE8 tier list. Same on with/without exp rank. Or with/without ranks at all.

Though debating on the exp rank, or any rank, or ranks in general, on how good of a measure of effeciency/character worth they are... could be nice.

And worth of movement can be done in character debaets, and it's really dependant on the units anyway.

The rest are cool, though.

Reikken, I pretty much finished my post, but I want to reread it sometime...because your post is so good I'm not taking any risks there.

Everyone else (Tino, Colm, Duff), it's your turn.

Reikken, I pretty much finished my post, but I want to reread it sometime...because your post is so good I'm not taking any risks there.

Good to know. For a moment there, I was afraid I might have done three openers, all for naught.

?_? why the hell would I challenge Reikken, then forfeit? would be pretty ghey to do so, since Reikken clearly spent a huge dose of time 'n' text.

Edited by Mekkah

Of course I've lost debates. I'm not a god or anything. You could say I lost to CATS a handful times. In my second debate ever, I had Lucius, he had Dorcas, then we sort of tied when I had Lilina and he had Cecilia, and he beat me with Amelia when I had Dozla, I'm sure there's others inbetween.

I really don't know where you get the idea I don't want to face Reikken...I mean, I challenged him.

EDIT: Oh, he won with Eirika against my Gerik as well, and I pretty much forfeited when I had Oujay and he had Tate, and I lost with Wil when he had Canas. Probably the reasons why I don't like the units I used there as much as I used to.

Edited by Mekkah