Super Robot Wars

Rei

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I'd be very surprised if he gets to live. Musashi just seems to be among the ones to have drawn the short end when it comes to the Fix Fic nature of SRW, considering he's dead or dies in almost every game Getter has appeared in (series be an exception as it becomes a matter of how far he manages to live through). The fact he is savable in A/AP and managed to last until @2 just seems to be as far as he can get, considering how Getter has started to not appear in some games. But who knows...

Honestly, I'd be very surprised if he gets to live. Musashi just seems to be among the ones to have drawn the short end when it comes to the Fix Fic nature of SRW, considering he's dead or dies in almost every game Getter has appeared in (series be an exception as it becomes a matter of how far he manages to live through). The fact he is savable in A/AP and managed to last until @2 just seems to be as far as he can get, considering how Getter has started to not appear in some games. But who knows...

He also survived until midway through SRW3 in the classic timeline, where he basically went and died his TV version death. But yeah, he normally is a goner, but the biggest difference from then and now is that this is a version of Getter where Musashi's death is pretty much completely irrelevant to the story. The other games follow the original Dinosaur Empire stuff pretty closely, where Musashi's demise is instrumental in victory over Emperor Gol, with no other series interfering with the natural course of things (in contrast to how every other series steps in to make Shinn and SEED Destiny less horrible, or Evangelion to be less...Evangelion). One can deviate from his very unceremonious death in Last Day on Earth rather cleanly without any immense repercussions to the overall story.

Thinking more about it, Z2 is supposed to be a two game thing isn't it? This first part is called the Break the World chapter or the world breaking part or something like that. It's probably a SEED Destiny reference in the making, but also I'd wager it means the apocalypse will happen at the end of the first game and pick up in a wasteland for the second game. So I'd bet only the initial scuffle with Shin Dragon and Saotome will be covered in the first game (which would really drag it out though since that's pretty much just the first episode)- the world gets destroyed in the ending, Musashi dies in that and Benkei picks up his place at the start of the second game.

Edited by GTF234

Well, yeah, he died late into 3, but in the Classicverse as a whole, that is still somewhat 'in the middle of the road', unlike @2, which overall is a later point in the @verse. And not all of his deaths are related to his original demise. In fact, such an example is in A where it's clear he lived through the Dinosaur Empire stuff, and the moment of his death (or not) seemed like just an excuse to bring Benkei in (in fact, the very same thing happens in @, he spents most of the game injured just to give Benkei his place, and he's not back to it even as far as @G, where he still pilots the Getter 1 ).

Poor guy, he never gets to get out of the Getter 3 most of the time. I think 2 is the only game where he ever pilots the Getter Poseidon, and nothing on Shin Getter 3 it seems...

It's true Advance doesn't totally play by that rule of thumb, but it also kinda skips most of the Dinosaur Empire and cuts to the Hyakki really damn quickly. Musashi is axed mainly just because it's time for the Getter Dragon to be the main machine. Yeah he's missing for a lot of @G, but that was the case for a lot of people and him taking over Getter 1 after the upgrade to Dragon isn't all that out there either considering that was how he spend his last few moments anyway. I admit he generally has always served a more important purpose in dying in the games, but he's just as capable of contributing to the awesome, and I think Z2's providing the opportunity to capitalize on that that D let slip by. Come on, Stoner Sunshine Spark was an awesome combination attack, and I'd like to see the 4 original Getter team being even crazier together in the Last Day on Earth setting. Before they've always kinda phoned it in with him: often lacking cut-ins, few recorded lines, etc- he wasn't going to be around long anyway. But here, it really would be wasted effort to make the cut-ins, record lines for Shin Getter (since we see him in Shin Getter 3 in the PV, which is already twisting the source material quite a bit), and give him a two page spread if he's just going to be offed a few chapters in.

Edited by GTF234

Actually, in A everything about the Dinosaur Empire was actually over, the Hyakki were already there in the plot since the beggining, but anyway...

Yeah, it's true it seems to much effort is being put into Musashi despite his original role being small, but I guess it depends just how much the first part is going to cover, and when. It could be that the actual plot won't happen until late-game but the Getter team will be already playable way before it. It wouldn't be the first time something like that happens in an SRW, but who knows if that's the case either. I guess when the game finally comes out we'll see...

Ah, he is piloting the Shin Getter 3? Hmmm...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Actually Hakai-hen covers all the Pre-Timeskip stuff so chances are we'll get Musashi till endgame no strings attached.

That would explain why Musashi is in Shin Getter-3, come to think of it.

I hope that doesn't mean no heats. My friend'll rage.

http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm14024761

Sounds like it's in

-=Edit=-

Dancougar - Burning Rage [bGM] (I'm guessing no songs, like in J)

Shin Getter Robo: Armageddon - HEATS [2nd Opening]

Aquarion - Sousei no Aquarion [1st Opening]

Code Geass - Previous Notice [bGM] (Here's hoping at least Colors gets in, and that 3rd OP if they're graceful)

Zambot 3 - Yuke! Zambot 3 [Opening]

Char's Counterattack - MAIN TITLE [bGM]

Dai-Guard - Back Alley Space Boy [Opening]

Gundam Seed Destiny - Vestige [insert Song/"5th" Opening] (apparently for Shinn and Kira, since in Z it was Shinn and Rey only)

Trider G7 - Trider G7 [Opening]

Turn A Gundam - Turn A Turn [1st Opening] (Dang; wanted Century Color)

Macross Frontier - Triangular [1st Opening] (More guanranteed)

Daitarn 3 - Come Here! Daitarn 3 [Opening]

Dancougar Nova - New Dancougar (according to earlier posts; I personally don't recognize it) [bGM]

King Gainer - King Gainer Over [Opening] (wanted Can You Feel My Soul)

Gundam Wing - Wings of the Boy Who Killed Adolescence [bGM] (surpised; wondering about both OPs)

Orguss - Houryuu~ Sky Hurricane [Opening]

Godmars - Uchuu no Ouja! Godmars [Opening] (while I don't dislike the OP, I'm still hoping the ending gets in)

Gundam X - Resolution [2nd Opening]

Shin Mazinger Impact! Z Chapter - Kanjite Knight [1st Opening] (OP2 is likely)

Godsigma - Ganbare! Uchuu no Senshi [Opening]

Xabungle - Shippu Xabungle [Opening]

Big O - Sure Promise [bGM]

Votoms - Honou no Sadame [Opening]

Baldios - Ashita ni Ikiro! Baldios [Opening]

Eureka 7: Pocket Full of Rainbows - Otoko no Tatakai [bGM]

Gravion Zwei - Kurenai no Kiba [Opening] (Hoping for Enou Gasshin, but not holding my breath)

Zeta Gundam - MS in a Flash [bGM]* (guessing Zeta Hatsudou is likely)

Gurren Lagann - Sorairo Days [Opening]

Gundam 00 - Daybreak's Bell [1st Opening] (OP2 likely)

-=Edit 2=-

Screen Shoooots!

http://www.4gamer.net/games/127/G012707/20110328028/

GN Bazooka Burst Mode looks kick ass!

Edited by Asakim Bass Dowin GS

Well I'll just throw this in here: OG3 was hinted at the end of the OG2 anime.

And by hinted I mean new CG clips of the Hiryu and OG Mechs(akin to those used for SRW trailers and intros, and for important cutscenes), and "The Story Continues".

Edit - Here.

Edited by Haze

Dai-guard always did have the weirdest name for an opening. What is a back alley space boy anyway?

Doh, Big O still doesn't have it's op?

EDIT

At first due to boredom, and eventually due to stubbornness, I linked to the original versions of each song Z 2 will have.

Edited by Mousefire

Just once I would like them to give us Zeta Toki wo Koete for Zeta the Zeta cast BGM in a modern game. But alas, it will only be in Compact 2, which makes me sad because that is my favorite- can't go wrong with Neil Sedaka. Also hoping Colors shows up for CG, I think that one just fits better as an actiony theme for the series. Previous Notice is powerful but doesn't really go anywhere, to me, it's more of a tune you'd get when you use the ultimate move of a character, like Joshua/Rim's final moves in D, or the V-MAX music for Layzner. Can't really complain about any of the others, all pretty standard choices. Though I do like Dreams better than Resolution, I can't be too picky, either one is okay.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9909/famitsur.jpg

Protagonist and mecha's abilities change!

When you start the game you can set your birth date and blood type to change the protagonist's seishin set, but after clearing stage 1 you can set the capabilities of the protagonist's mecha.

Picture caption: Depending on whether you choose to excel in ranged or melee combat, the protagonist mecha's weapons' capabilities will change.

SRWZ2's features (2)

The difficulty changes depending on how many SR Points you get.

SRWZ2's features (3)

Power up with seishin commands! Pilots have a maximum of 6 seishin commands to use.

Chapter 1 - The Man Worth 1 Million G

Crow Broust, 1 million G in debt. As the payment date draws near, in front of this desperate man appears terrorists calling themselves "WLF". Their objective: The destruction of military equipment supplier Axiom Corporation's research facilities. Will Crow, who once belonged to the special operations unit "Firebug", head for the research facility to battle the WLF?!

Chapter 2 - Changing World

Crow has become the test pilot of the Brasta to pay off his debts. His first mission is to take down the AEU's latest mobile suit, the Enact. However, before the Brasta enters the fray, mysterious mobile suits appear. Their overwhelming dominance in capability turns the situation chaotic...

Major robots introduced - Gundam Exia, Gundam Dynames, Gundam Deathscythe, Enact

Japan Route - Chapter 3 - Power Up! Mazinger!

As news that the "dream energy source" Photonic Energy has successfully finished testing spreads, Atami, where the research facility is located, comes under attack by Dr. Hell's Mechanical Beasts. Kouji Kabuto gets into Mazinger Z, the Super Robot his grandfather Juuzo made, to defend against the Mechanical Beasts. Aphrodite A, developed by Professor Yumi, and Crow, heading towards the Photonic Research Laboratory, fight alongside.

Major robots introduced - Mazinger Z, Aphrodite A, Gundam Kyrios, Gundam Virtue

Japan Route - Chapter 4 - Coming Disaster

In the midst of an event organized by the 21st Century Defense Corporation, a giant scale "Worldquake" occurs for the first time in 12 years. Mysterious beings called the "Heterodyne" appear. 21st Century Defense Corporation employees on location Akagi, Ibuki and Aoyama hop into the Dai-Guard to save as many lives as possible. There, the mystery robot Dancouga Nova arrives. In addition, Mazinger Z, Aphrodite A and Brasta follow.

Major robots introduced - Dai-Guard, Dancouga Nova

Celestial Being - Chapter 3 - The Meteor That Calls For War

Chasing after Celestial Being, Crow moves to North Africa. There he comes under assault from the AEU army, which would never have attacked the Axiom Corporation. The ones who attacked are backed by the Romefeller Foundation - a special unit that exists outside the regular military, OZ. Vastly outnumbered, the lone Crow is powerless. Right then appears a transformation-capable Gundam from the colonies.

Major robots introduced - Wing Gundam, Union Flag

Celestial Being - Chapter 4 - Chaotic Battlefield

Celestial Being stays in North Africa, aiming to take down the AEU's military base. Crow sees an opportunity and manages to break out of their detention, escaping in the Brasta. However, he gets thrust into battle, coming under attack from colony-made Gundams. Celestial Being closes in, and in this hopeless situation, the arrival of the AEU army changes everything. The colony Gundams and Celestial Being work together to hold off the attack.

Major robots introduced - Gundam Sandrock, Gundam Heavyarms

Japan Route - Chapter 5 - We Are The Universe's Jack Of All Trades

Winning the tender to install a Photonic Energy dynamo in Atami, while working the Takeo General Company comes under terrorist attack. Holding on with the Trider G7 and the Shuttle, the Mechanical Beast Army aiming for Photonic Energy sallies forth. To rescue them, the special squadron under the United Nations Department of Peacekeeping Operations, Crusher Squad, is called into operation. In it are not only Mazinger Z and Dai-Guard, but also the Brasta.

Major robots introduced - Trider G7, Shuttle

Celestial Being - Chapter 5 - Super Beast Combination!

Dragon's Hive has assembled 4 civilians to pilot the Dancouga Nova. Forced to sortie, they fight alongside Celestial Being...

Area 11 Route - Chapter 5 - Battling

Pursued by the Gilgamesh army for betraying his comrades, Chirico finds himself in Area 11's Shinjuku ghetto. His benefactor Gotho, having seen through his skills as a pilot, signs him up for a mobile weapon pilot sparring event, "Battling". His opponent is a Knightmare Frame pilot with the nickname of "Crimson Demon of the Elevens", but...

Major robots introduced - Scopedog, Glasgow

Edited by Asakim Bass Dowin GS

They released a trailer for it the day hakai-hen came out? Damn. I expected to get news soon, but not this soon.

Can't wait to see the majority of Getter Robo Armageddon's story to play out.

Not exactly. This is included within Hakai-Hen. Once you beat the game, you get that scene. Sort of like how F gave you a preview of FF once you beat it.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy 20 Birthday Super Robot Taisen

http://www.suparobo.jp/20th/index.html

LOL you're kidding, SRT is a year and 3 days younger than Fire Emblem?

EDIT-Just started playing the series, finished J and am playing OG1 and D. It's a good series :)

Edited by MaundyThursdayBot

Sorry for the x2 post, but I have a coupla questions:

1: The two master series list (as in what series are included in various SRW games) I have found, one on wikipedia and the other on the akurasu wiki, aren't completely exhaustive. Among other things, they only seem to list the game in which a given series first appears, rather than all the series in which it has appeared. Are there any better sources as to which series go in which games?

2: Besides OG and OG2 (official translations), as well as 1st, J, 3, and Alpha Gaiden, are there any relatively complete english patches for the SRW games?