Super Robot Wars

Rei

Sorry for the x2 post, but I have a coupla questions:

1: The two master series list (as in what series are included in various SRW games) I have found, one on wikipedia and the other on the akurasu wiki, aren't completely exhaustive. Among other things, they only seem to list the game in which a given series first appears, rather than all the series in which it has appeared. Are there any better sources as to which series go in which games?

2: Besides OG and OG2 (official translations), as well as 1st, J, 3, and Alpha Gaiden, are there any relatively complete english patches for the SRW games?

1: You might as well check here, http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/929355-super-robot-taisen-j/faqs/29673. This here has in chart form the appearance of not only series but characters and mecha. I find it quite useful.

2: That I know of, none other yet. There are a few with translations on the work, sure, but complete? Only the ones you've listed so far.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. What do you want to get out of it? If you want to know if a series is in a specific game, go to tvtropes.org, go to the show's page, and go down to the super robot wars trope.

2. Nope

also, you could just edit your question in your old post.

Thanks for the help you guys.

also, you could just edit your question in your old post.

Ya, but I wasn't sure if people had already read my old post, they were a few hours apart and it would mean that potentially, people with answers would never read the questions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, I'm a bit surprised. Of all people, I didn't expect to be the one making this post, since I'm hardly as huge of a fan as some of you.

So... you know that trailer that was showcased at the end of OG The Inspector? Well...

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/17/the-2nd-super-robot-taisen-og-will-land-on-playstation-3/

Definitely a new entry in the OG series. Presumably a tentative title (as listed in Famitsu - though, it would follow the pattern that Alpha and Z have established), we'll be seeing The 2nd Super Robot Wars OG on the PS3... some time this year (in Japan). And, there will be a hugely expensive (~$500 US) limited edition, which bundles OG The Inspector (on Blu-Ray) with the game in an apparently grandiose package. Also, according to the article, we'll still have the ever-stylish 2-D mech "sprites" that we all love, with 3-D backgrounds.

All I can say is this: "DO WANT", followed by "IMPORTING - THANK GOD FOR NO REGION LOCK ON THE PS3". :D

Scans of Dai 2 Super Robot Taisen OG

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h352/KaneBlueriver1181/03.jpg

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h352/KaneBlueriver1181/04.jpg

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5799/1305685753716.jpg

**** YES!!! KATINA AND RUSSEL GET UPGRADES!!! AND ARIEL ORG JOINS THE PARTY!!!

JOSHUA, JOSHUA, JOSHUA!!!

http://darkalisha.homestead.com/1305683103632.png

Edited by Asakim Bass Dowin GS

No way, I love Joshua's super robot! It's just freaking cool! Oh way...if he uses his real robot than there will be a love love cuddle between him and Grakiace! I like her more than a bunch of scrap! She's so beautiful ~ and cool (cold) ~ and sexy!

And damn, I love his theme! Cant wait for the remix version!

all right, D and Alpha 3's stories are finally going to play out.

Great, I have to get a ps3 somehow...

Looks more like they're doing the Sealing War, rather then the Return of Balmar. They might be just adding Raioh with Touma for the Sealing War arc but not getting Dairaioh until Dai 3 ji Super Robot Taisen OG where we get either the EX story or Balmar.

-=Edit=-

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201105/19043749.html

all right, D and Alpha 3's stories are finally going to play out.

Great, I have to get a ps3 somehow...

It'll probably be more of a mix of @2 and @3, given that OGs was a mix of @1 and @2 (and, @G as well, to some extent) and some aspects of @2 still haven't been touched on (such as Ibis getting the Altairlion, which she now apparently will).

Looks more like they're doing the Sealing War, rather then the Return of Balmar. They might be just adding Raioh with Touma for the Sealing War arc but not getting Dairaioh until Dai 3 ji Super Robot Taisen OG where we get either the EX story or Balmar.

-=Edit=-

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201105/19043749.html

I have to ask, what is up with Kai's Gespenst Mk II? First, he has the kickass Mk II M Custom in OGG with two Plasma Bucklers and now it magically changes to one matching Albero's Mk II M Custom with the F2W Cannon? I am disappoint. Though, the fact that Katina and Russel finally get upgrades helps (though, Katina will always be a SR pilot for me, and Russel's new Mk II Custom looks like it just crossed with a Schutzwald...)

Also, did I see a Wildraubtier Custom in those screenshots, or was that just a mech that looked similar to it? And, on a similar note, do I see the lovely Grungust Custom (minus its purple and black paintjob) in there too?

(This may be a stupid question, but what's the mech with the cape and sword at the top of the page. It looks like a cross between the Vysaga and the Huckebein Mk III/EXBEIN... Is it something like an ART-Sword or something?)

Jinrai might likely be the 4th DGG if anything. That's if my memories are correct, there were 4 DGG in total (last one was nether revealed) that Bian left.

No, Jinrai is stated as the 3rd DGG unit in the magazine (I just picked it up). It's equiped with the ZLAI AI system. Its objective is the destruction of Daizengar and Aussen. Assuming that this is true, then Jinrai is the predecessor of Raioh. This would be in line with how they've done it, producing inbetweens or predecessors before showing their originals like Ibis had.

Other units show in pictures, Josh from SRWD in the Aile Chevalier. Looks like it uses the shield in an attacked called the Burst Ram this time, (been awhile since I've played SRWD)

Ing from that Alpha manga I guess, with the Ashe. The destroyed Exbein was refitted with parts and upgraded. The T-Link system was fitted on it and when Ing piloted it an odd response came from the unit and only he can pilot it now.

The Wild Rauptier gets an upgraded version in the Wild Rauptier Schnabel (someone correct me, I'm no good with German). It's the strongest version of it according to the magazine and is an all range all purpose unit with Rail Cannons and Blade Sai

Cerberus from MX shows up with Hugo and Aqua piloting it. The unit is problems with power regulation but that means it has higher than normal attack power, according to the blurbs accompanying the pictures.

Irm gets an upgraded with the Grungust Kai adding Roundel Wings and Beam Cannons to it. Boost Knuckle's upgraded version is called the Hyper Boost Knuckle.

Flickerei Geist from Real Robot Regiment. Ariel Org is the pilot. Its parts are from failed versions of robots and its shown to have Alt Eisen's Revolving Bunker in screenshots.

The Production Gespensts are upgraded in this game with 3 types listed and you can apparently change them as the situation needs (i.e. packs/swaps). Type N = mid-range similar to the Custom Gespenst the Cry Wolves were piloting in Gaiden. Type-C has two Beam cannons like the old unit Radha/Rai piloted. Type G is close range and uses Jet Magnums specifically.

Ibis gets the Altairion in the game with Tsugumi as the sub-pilot.

Kusuha gets her Ryujinki in this game as well.

And of course Kyosuke is back in the Alt Eisen Riese.

Obari makes a mention in the interview that he did work on Compatible Kaiser and it's in the teaser that was released so it's probably in too.

The game uses 3D backgrounds with 2D sprites so they'll be able to use a lot more dynamic camera angles. A lot of the screenshots in the magazine are from angles you don't normally see in SRW games

I've been pondering on what to say for a day or two now. First off, I'm kinda amazed at how close I was on a couple of those things, despite completely guessing. Aside from that astonishment though, I have more thoughts/questions for those that are significantly more knowledgeable about the SRW-verse than I am:

1. About this ZLAI AI thing in the DGG unit that seemingly is a predecessor to the RaiOh... Are we talking a *sentient* AI here? It seems to me that this is the case, seeing as the AI is the one in the dialogue windows during battle. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, since there have been tons of different levels of AI in enemy mechs, but considering the ZLAI AI is specifically hunting the Dygenguard and Aussenseiter...
  2. So... How canon is the Exbein (and, consequently, the Guarbein) going to become? In OG The Inspector, it was just a replacement for the Huckebein Mk III because of "lolgundam," so does this mean that canon is going to be retconned again to either replace the Mk III or introduce the Exbein as a prototype for it? (And, if it's related to the Mk III at all (even as a testbed), wouldn't it already have a T-Link System on board...?)
  3. So, the new and improved Wildraubtier is boss (even though the FM was the only cool part of the original) and the fact that it's now seemingly Lat's personal mech is also win. However, this then brings me to two questions:
    #1: So, where exactly does Lat stand in terms of Offense now - Melee or Ranged...? She jumped the shark from OG1 to OG2, and I have no idea where she leaned in OGG...
    #2: Since Lat's been running around in the Raub for a while now, are the Fairlions out of comission or just in storage in chase Shine ever comes back to battle (being that the WI^3NK system is less effective if only Lat is using it...?)?
  4. Just a random note, but I am disappoint at the lack of the Grungust Custom's old paint job.
  5. Kinda digging the new Gespenst options. Obviously, I think that Type-C is going to end up winning out. (Though, I can't decide whether to keep Katina her Mk II M Custom or swap her into a Super like I normally do... :/) And why would anyone switch Kai's Mk II M Custom to Type-N? Seriously?

Also, I hope that they get rid of Leona's hideous Siegerlion... It's so ugly~ ;_;

EDIT (5/21/11) - I remembered something that I had been discussing with some fellow SRW fans (well, it was mainly me saying it and getting no response, but...) and I was curious to see what everyone else's reaction would be. And, given some of the information from Famitsu, it could actually be plausible...

So, there have been (and likely always will be) units that are customized based solely on the plot (see: Siegerlion, Ganduro, Wildraubtier, etc.). However, as a player, I've always felt like it would be significantly more awesome to have some semblance of control over these customizations, beyond those of simply upgrading the HP, EN, Mobility, Armor, etc. With these new packs/swaps for the Halloween Plan Gespenst upgrades that allow you to effectively "customize" the mech for specific situatons, what would you all think of something like a promotion tree concept where after you buy/obtain certain parts/packs/etc., you can spend money to fund R&D to customize a mech in a direction that *you* want to go with it instead of something plot driven?

Take Wildwurger for example. Over the course of the game, you might run across new technology, like an improved crusher-type weapon and a new type of Tesla Drive. Using these and improved armor plating, you could choose to upgrade the Wildwurger to the Wildwurger Custom, giving it that new crusher weapon, non-purgeable armor plating, and the improved Tesla Drive so that it can keep up with the Wildfalken without having purge its Jacket Armor. And, this would be like 1 of 3 or 4 possible variants that you could produce, depending on the materials you chose to drop onto the mech. This would be, of course, provided that the Wildwurger wasn't set to upgrade via plot. But, the concept could even be extended to ancient mechs, like the Huckebein 009, Wildschwein, or Schutzwald. That way, mechs of the past stay relevant and are able to remain on par with newer mechs. (I'd have suggested the Huckebein 008L, but hopefully it'll get its upgrade to the Huckebein EX by plot finally...)

Edited by Lord Glenn

EEHH?!

You mean you haven't yet?! Well hurry before they're all gone and you have to order the Super Expensive version!

Of course I haven't, I have no money xD

and I kinda want the super expensive special edition

Do you have a Bluray player that can play japanese Blurar discs?

Also

http://img841.images...06897540270.jpg

Oh good. I don't really know most SRW Banpresto characters from their original games, so I wasn't sure whether they tended to add all the main characters from a given game. Which meant I was worried that they were just adding Joshua and not Cliana. Not really sure how it would work but it's to bad they can't give one a real and one a super.

Oh good. I don't really know most SRW Banpresto characters from their original games, so I wasn't sure whether they tended to add all the main characters from a given game. Which meant I was worried that they were just adding Joshua and not Cliana. Not really sure how it would work but it's to bad they can't give one a real and one a super.

Well, in their origin games, their Supers could eventually combine into a more powerful mech. Just having one Super would mean it would get shafted over the Real since it has no upgrade without the other. So it was either both Reals or both Supers I guess...