Super Robot Wars

Rei

I think 2ndOG will make an awesome first imported game for me. My wallet might not like it, but I'm glad that the PS3 is region-free and I'll have a chance to play this.

That being said, I see that Albero is back and conveniently still pissed. And I had hoped that I might get to hear Shouting Black a few more times before switching to Crying Black... And, I see that Lamia is sticking with the Angelg (despite apparently having the Vysaga as her default mech in The Inspector when she rejoins...?). And, apparently Mai still feels it's necessary to sortie in the ART-1... So, what's the mech at the top of the right page?

And, for Rim and Josh, it's possible that they'll upgrade towards the end of 2ndOG. I mean, Ryusei went through two mechs (albeit briefly) before getting the R-1, all in the span of one game. I wouldn't put it past Banpresto to force them into Reals for the first part of the game and then switch them into Supers at the end, setting up the combination for the end of the game and into a presumed 3rdOG. It might not be unlike the potential Hyperlion situation in 2ndOG. We know that Ibis is getting the Altairlion, so the Hyperlion depends on if/when Sleigh shows up in the course of the game (and could even be delayed until later, similar to the SRX's deployment - i.e. plot BS preventing them from combining).

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a Bluray player that can play japanese Blurar discs?

No, but I can get it for the sake of it D:

And I'm sure that a PS3 would play them fine, non?

Edited by seph1212

Oh good. I don't really know most SRW Banpresto characters from their original games, so I wasn't sure whether they tended to add all the main characters from a given game. Which meant I was worried that they were just adding Joshua and not Cliana. Not really sure how it would work but it's to bad they can't give one a real and one a super.

It was already confirmed in an interview that we'll also get not only Ganador and Strega for Rim and Josh but also Garmraid for Aqua and Hugo.

Dengenki SRW article.

http://hokanko-alt.ldblog.jp/archives/65953874.html

- Project started before Z2, and started for the reason of "having a PS3 SRW"

- Just like Kraken (I think) explained before, the naming sense is to reflect that "OGs" was considered one game.

- Working with too SD looking mechs actually increased the workload a lot, so that's the reason of why designs look less SD now.

- They want ot take advantage of the 3D backgrounds by having the camera being as dynamic as possible and move it constantly during some attacks.

- The reason Ash has it red parts is because is using parts before it was re-colored to blue. Basically those are it's spare parts.

- Ing already appeared in a previous work. However the nature of his appearance here might differ from the previous work. (Considering that his story was unfinished there, it would be natural to change some things).

- The DGG1 is like a samurai and the DGG2 is like an European knight, so for the DGG3 they wanted to go with a look and theme that was similar to a ninja; as for the connection between the DGG3 and the first appearance of the Raioh, we really expect you to play looking forward to it.

- In order to be completed the Flickereit Geist, was refitted with parts from the Genpest MkIII, Instead of using the same previous settings which was using MKIII parts, "this" Flickeit Geist uses Alt Aisen parts instead which was hinted in OG2.

- The protagonist from Super Robot D and MX had more than one possible machine, thus we have made plans / arrangements for having the left over machines to show up within the game.

- The Grungust Kai and Huckbine EX appeared at the time of @, by now we asked Miyatake Mazukata to make modifications to their design, this is going to reflect on the in appearance of the Ash and the Grungust Kai

- The system present in the previous games (OG) will also be present and will have new tweaks and adds to it.

- Since this is the first long awaited PS3 developed game and since this is an OG we have been striving to work very hard on this one.

No, but I can get it for the sake of it D:And I'm sure that a PS3 would play them fine, non?

To my knowledge only games are region free on the PS3 not BluRay movies.

Gemega scans and article translation thanks to Folka from SRWG

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9507/1307178216953.jpg

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/4324/1307178287520.jpg

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/5394/1307178368061.jpg

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/8650/1307180053115.jpg

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1241/1307182004072.jpg

Pre-story: The founding of special squad GS

Some time after the fights with the aliens and visitors from parallel worlds...

Aidoneus island in the south pacific, once the site where the Aerogaters' Meteor 3 fell and home base of the military organization Divine Crusaders... For some time that area had been sealed off, leaving the island excluded from the world stage.

However, behind that, a certain plan was being put into motion. The founding of a special squad using ISA tactics (blitzkriegs by battleships loaded with mobile weapons) under the direct command of the president of the Earth federation... Code named GS.

GS- a military organization independent of the federation military, its main mission to carry out orders by the president. Under the orders of the president's two aides, Aidenous island was once again fortified, and there the results of many projects, many mobile weapons, were gathered there. However, GS' true identity is hidden, and officially it is only a test squad for prototype weapons.

Will GS become a new sword to protect the Earth sphere? The story begins with the escape of a young man from Aidoneus island...

Ing: The deserter from Aidoneus

A young man with the power of telekinesis. Calm and quiet, his past is shrouded in mystery. His combat ability, especially in piloting mobile weapons, is extremely high. He deserts Aidoneus at the beginning. One of the keypersons in the drama of this episode of the OG saga.

Ash

A Personal Trooper based on the experimental Exbein. Created by repairing it after it was destroyed in battle during the Inspector conflict. Equipped with the T-Link system which detects and amplifies telekinetic ability. It returned an abnormal reaction when Ing first piloted it, and since then could only be controlled by him.

Jinrai

The third unit in the special humanoid mobile weapon Dynamic General Guardian series. An unmanned unit controlled by the AI "System ZLAI" specializing in speed and melee combat. Created by Kaoru Toomine based on plans left behind by Bian Zoldark. It targets DGG-1 and DGG-2 for some reason.

Wildrauptier Schnabel

Now has greater firepower thanks to new weapons loaded on.

Grungast Kai

Now has wings and a beam cannon.

Gespenst Mk-II Kai

Equipped with hardpoints so they can switch equipment sets.

Flickerei Geist

Equipped with weapons the Alteisen lost in a past battle.

Oh and I forgot to mention that OG Grungast Kai can still transform (Alpha's couldn't).

Edited by Asakim Bass Dowin GS

Surprised these weren't posted here yet:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011/06/10/suparobo_og_2nd_screens/

"New" screens, showcasing Rim, Albero, Lamia, and Mai, along with some others. The screens are pretty small, but at least they're clear.

Edited by Lord Glenn

Surprised these weren't posted here yet:

http://www.andriasan...og_2nd_screens/

"New" screens, showcasing Rim, Albero, Lamia, and Mai, along with some others. The screens are pretty small, but at least they're clear.

So it looks like they're trying to put just about every original generation character in there, huh?

Well, go get em banpresto! Why not stuff in some non-originals too?

That would kinda ruin the whole point of it being OG, then. Ya know. OG = Original Generation?

Right, but it would be pretty awesome as a Super Robot Wars game.....

A war between every primarily japanese, but also nonjapanese, robot and pilot of all time?

(Yes I know I know, pesky copyright laws. We must destroy those first.)

Edited by SeverIan

If you ask me, the @verse was going on a good start on it. Mixing Classic, Masoukishin, Shin, Spirits, and their own OG stuff alongside the classic cross-over elements.

Sadly, as it went on, the Masoukishin were dropped, the Classic elements reduced in role, all while the Balmars and OG stuff overtook the spotlight. But man, at least by @G, it was looking fine...

Yes, learn Japanese, become a wealthy business executive, and meet with the development team o 3o

Dammit. You know that I suck at foreign languages, right?

I mean, I know a few key words in many languages, but can only really carry on a conversation in english.

Not really. I mean, if the current SRW ever got released in english by some hackers, i would be pretty happy.

Considering how long it took the team that translated J to finish, I don't think we'll be seeing any of the newer ones done in the near future.

----------

Oh, and since I forgot to mention it yesterday:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/15/the-2nd-super-robot-taisen-og-trailer-coming-june-17/

First trailer/PV will be up tomorrow for 2ndOG.

Considering how long it took the team that translated J to finish, I don't think we'll be seeing any of the newer ones done in the near future.

----------

Oh, and since I forgot to mention it yesterday:

http://www.siliconer...coming-june-17/

First trailer/PV will be up tomorrow for 2ndOG.

Excellent. Katina is still there, I always thought she was one of the best. Super kill em all warrior chick, and one of the more ignored characters in the plot. But still amazing. I like how no one seems to understand the nature of her relationship with Russell...

Excellent. Katina is still there, I always thought she was one of the best. Super kill em all warrior chick, and one of the more ignored characters in the plot. But still amazing. I like how no one seems to understand the nature of her relationship with Russell...

Do they even have one? Couples like Tasuku x Leona and Bullet x Kusuha and Latooni's crush on Ryusei are at least hinted but Russel and Katina just seem to be 2 people on the same team with nothing going for it other than Russel hitting (or was it just snapping at her?) Katina when she got out of control in OG1.

Edited by Sirius

Do they even have one? Couples like Tasuku x Leona and Bullet x Kusuha and Latooni's crush on Ryusei are at least hinted but Russel and Katina just seem to be 2 people on the same team with nothing going for it other than Russel hitting (or was it just snapping at her?) Katina when she got out of control in OG1.

I mean, it's hard to say.....

When you look at every other couple in the game, it sure as hell seems like they don't. But give me a technical definition of relationship that excludes Katina and Russell and includes everyone else in the OG series, and I'll tell you why it just doesn't make much sense considering the actual meaning of the word "relationship."

Well, a relationship doesn't have to include romance. Maybe friendship, maybe partnership, maybe family, or so on so on. And they just fall in one of that other categories rather than most of the other couples. Which, of course, doesn't fit in when put with the rest, but stands on it's own and works either way.

Edited by Acacia Sgt