What stages do you want in Smash Switch?

Water Mage

What kind of new stages do you want so see in the new Smash?

Let’s start with Fire Emblem, I think the Opera House from Fates is a cool idea, and I could it being similar to the Fountain of Dreams, when it comes to gimmicks. As in, simple moving platforms.

As for the Mario one, I think New Donk City is pretty much certain. For the Zelda one, it’s a bit hard to think of a BotW themed stage, but I think a traveling stage is the most fitting for Zelda BotW.

Speaking of traveling stages, I think Pokemon will get one, with each of Alola’s islands. And if Megaman comes back, I have an idea for a “traveling” stage him. Something like “The Megaman Timeline”, as in it would start as a stage based on the original Megaman, then it would time travel to an X stage, then to a Zero stage and finally to Legends stage, before cycling back. That would be a good way to honor the series.

Just now, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Before worrying about that, I'd worry about the possibility that this is just another port. Just saying.

Even a port can get new stages, so it’s still a valid discussion.

9 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Before worrying about that, I'd worry about the possibility that this is just another port. Just saying.

Don't be that guy. As of right now, it's too vague. And even it is a port, that doesn't mean that new stages isn't possible.

I kind of want to see some returning stages that weren't in Smash 4. I'd like to see the return of Big Blue, Fourside, and Saffron City.

10 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Don't be that guy. As of right now, it's too vague. And even it is a port, that doesn't mean that new stages isn't possible.

I kind of want to see some returning stages that weren't in Smash 4. I'd like to see the return of Big Blue, Fourside, and Saffron City.

You DO realize that it's precisely BECAUSE it's too early to be speculating on stages that I'm wary???

3 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

You DO realize that it's precisely BECAUSE it's too early to be speculating on stages that I'm wary???

Look, people are already discussing new characters, and what’s the harm in discussing stages?

And let’s not derail the thread this soon, so let’s drop this. 

17 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Look, people are already discussing new characters, and what’s the harm in discussing stages?

And let’s not derail the thread this soon, so let’s drop this. 

Because THEY'RE also getting ahead of themselves, dammit! Makes me think people just never learn. I mean, thinking that the main character from the Switch FE is going to be in when we still don't know jack about the game? Seriously?!

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

The game is coming out this year. I don't see a reason why we can't speculate or even enjoy a bit of wishful thinking. It's fun to imagine what could be, even if it doesn't ultimately turn out to happen. It's a bonus if it somehow does.

I'm just gonna quote myself from the general Smash Switch thread

My idea for a new Xenoblade stage would be that it's a traveling stage. I got two versions for this in my mind, one is for X and the other is for 2. The X version is Planet Mira and it's basically a tour around the five continents. You go from NLA to Primordia to Noctilum to Oblivia to Sylvalum to Cauldros and then back to NLA. The Xenoblade 2 version of this stage follows the same idea but you visit the different Titans instead. You go from Argentum to Gormott to Uraya to Mor Ardain to Leftheria to Indol to Tantal and then back to Argentum. Maybe they could have you go to Temperantia as well but it isn't a nation like the other Titans (even though it is a buffer zone between Uraya and Mor Ardain) and honestly, Temperantia's pretty boring, except for it's right side which is basically XC2's Bionis Left Shoulder, except it's easily accessible with a simple bug exploit.

At the very least, i would like to see Leftheria as a stage. The country's geography consists of various jellyfish-like Titans that are connected and some of the smaller Titans float around the bigger ones. Could make a pretty interesting stage and it'd be a good excuse to have the night version of the Leftherian Archipelago theme play because it's fucking beautiful. Plus, if Rex does get into Smash, the stage would be fitting since it's his home country.

17 minutes ago, Dai said:

The game is coming out this year. I don't see a reason why we can't speculate or even enjoy a bit of wishful thinking. It's fun to imagine what could be, even if it doesn't ultimately turn out to happen. It's a bonus if it somehow does.

In Japan, maybe. In the West, and especially Europe? I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it was a 2019 release instead.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

22 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Because THEY'RE also getting ahead of themselves, dammit! Makes me think people just never learn. I mean, thinking that the main character from the Switch FE is going to be in when we still don't know jack about the game? Seriously?!

. . .and what's the harm in attempting to predict the future?

I just did it in the Dissidia thread.

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

In Japan, maybe. In the West, and especially Europe? I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it was a 2019 release instead.

I remember when people said that about Xenoblade 2.

Listen, if you have nothing to add, why are you even bothering to be in this thread.

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I don't know, Nintendo's been doing a pretty good job of late with keeping releases rather close-knit worldwide. Odyssey came out the same year it was introduced. Breath of the Wild came out worldwide on the same day (roughly).

23 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I mean, thinking that the main character from the Switch FE is going to be in when we still don't know jack about the game? Seriously?!

It doesn't matter that we know nothing about FE Switch.  Every game since Melee has had a representative from the most recent Fire Emblem game in an attempt to promote said game.  If there are too many Fire Emblem characters, they could always turn Lucina into a Marth skin to free up a space in the roster.

Staying on topic, they could also add a stage based on FE Switch while they're at it.

19 hours ago, Dai said:

I don't know, Nintendo's been doing a pretty good job of late with keeping releases rather close-knit worldwide. Odyssey came out the same year it was introduced. Breath of the Wild came out worldwide on the same day (roughly).

Bad example - those are big-name franchises we're talking about here. Aside from those, the only other titles I can remember in recent memory without spread out release dates are Pokémon (another big-name franchise), HW Definitive Edition (crossover, plus big name franchise), and... a fanservice game. Anyway, the lack of info doesn't exactly inspire confidence (and need I point out that there was nothing FE related to warrant withholding info from us?), and the fact that Shadows of Valentia is the only FE game without spread out release dates makes my already low confidence take another hit.

19 hours ago, Armagon said:

I remember when people said that about Xenoblade 2.

Listen, if you have nothing to add, why are you even bothering to be in this thread.

I dunno about Xenoblade X, so you can fill me in on that, but the release dates for the first Xenoblade game weren't even close (Japan got it in June 2010, Europe got it in August 2011 - over a year later than Japan, and America didn't get it until April of 2012 - nearly two years after Japan got it). So I can understand why people would have thought that. Anyway, I'm here largely because I think people are letting their judgment get clouded by unrealistic expectations - an easy way to wind up disappointed, to be sure.

19 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

It doesn't matter that we know nothing about FE Switch.  Every game since Melee has had a representative from the most recent Fire Emblem game in an attempt to promote said game.  If there are too many Fire Emblem characters, they could always turn Lucina into a Marth skin to free up a space in the roster.

Staying on topic, they could also add a stage based on FE Switch while they're at it.

I honestly would say it does, because I'm not optimistic enough to expect them to pull another Roy situation. As is, I'd most likely expect them to be relegated to DLC.

3 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I dunno about Xenoblade X, so you can fill me in on that,

May 2015 in Japan, December 2015 everywhere else.

4 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

but the release dates for the first Xenoblade game weren't even close (Japan got it in June 2010, Europe got it in August 2011 - over a year later than Japan, and America didn't get it until April of 2012 - nearly two years after Japan got it).

That's more of the fact that Xenoblade was originally supposed to be Japan exclusive and then when Operation Rainfall happened, NoE had to localize it because NoA didn't want to at first.

5 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Bad example - those are big-name franchises we're talking about here. Aside from those, the only other titles I can remember in recent memory without spread out release dates are Pokémon (another big-name franchise), HW Definitive Edition (crossover, plus big name franchise), and... a fanservice game. Anyway, the lack of info doesn't exactly inspire confidence (and need I point out that there was nothing FE related to warrant withholding info from us?), and the fact that Shadows of Valentia is the only FE game without spread out release dates makes my already low confidence take another hit.

Regarding this, every 1st party Switch game has had a simultaneous world-wide release, except for FE Warriors for whatever reason. So it's very possible that the same happens with Smash and FE16 (but given that FE Warriors was sent out to die by releasing a week before Super Mario Odyssey, i am afraid that FE16 isn't gonna have a simultaneous release).

Dracula's Castle. I want a Castlevania stage far more than I want a Castlevania character. The castle is the real star of that franchise. Dracula would make for a good stage boss too.

But I guess I could settle for N. Sanity Island. #TemperedExpectations

Having recently started to play Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I’ve gotten a feeling that a stage from the game could be like Poke Floats. Now, I usually don’t mind gimmicky  stages, but I betting a lot of people would dislike it. I know in the game the clouds are like water, but still.

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

blah blah

literally nobody cares

anyway, i wanna see yoshi's island back and hopefully a triplat based on newer kirby games (robobot?). maybe something from bayonetta that's a little more flashy than umbra clock tower, like jubileus or something

12 minutes ago, fartboi said:

anyway, i wanna see yoshi's island back

You do realize there are three different stages named Yoshi's Island, don't you? Which one is it you want back?

5 minutes ago, fartboi said:

actually i meant yoshi's story

Oh. I was about to say, we already had 3 different stages named Yoshi's Island, and they were all reused at least once.