What stages do you want in Smash Switch?

Water Mage

Bowser's Castle from the Mario series. It could be an autoscrolling level like the Mushroomy Kingdom stage and players get attacked enemies normally found in castles like Lava Bubbles, Dry Bones, and Thwomps and at the end of the level players get attacked by an 8-bit Bowser.

Maridia or Tourian from Metroid since we had Brinstar and Norfair stages before.

From Pokémon I would like to see a stage from Kanto/Johto like Cerulean Cave, Mt. Silver, or Lake of Rage since we already had stages based on Sinnoh/Unova/Kalos. I wouldn't mind seeing Sky Pillar from Hoenn either since I could it operating like Prism Tower with everyone riding a platform to the top and then the players getting attacked by Rayquaza.

If Corrin comes back I would like to see a stage based on Fates like the Hoshidan Plains, Bottomless Canyon or maybe even Shirasagi Throne Room with Garon and/or Takumi as stage bosses.

I like a good mix of proper stages to fight on andsilly stages to mess around with. I prefer minigame/moving stages for this over "super massive stages", because the way camera zooms out in Brawl/Smash 4 makes a stage a like Great Cave Offensive or Paulenta's Temple completely unbearable. I think Melee's camera made it's Temple stage and the classic Star Fox stage a lot more enjoyable, but the former is... not a good stage. 

I can't remember if the subspace emmisary and melee's event battles had any really interesting non-standard stages in them. 

Past stages to get in

Dream Land

Congo Jungle

Peach's Castle

Yoshi's Island

Sector Z

Melee

Final Destination

Battlefield

Brinstar

Flat Zone

Green Greens

Mute City

Onett

Pokemon Stadium

Jungle Japes

Mute City

Rainbow Cruise

Brawl

WarioWare Inc.

Halberd

Delfino Plaza

Frigate Orpheon

Smashville

PictoChat

Mushroomy Kingdom

Miiverse

Distant Planet

Wii U

Garden of Hope

Wooly World

Town and City

Wily Castle

Wuhu Island

3DS

Arena Ferox

Dream Land

Magicant

Pac Maze

Living Room

Spirit Train

This leaves some playable charathers without a home stage (more if series with multiple charathers need seperate home stages for each one)

Little Mac / Duck Hunt / Ice Climbers / R.O.B./ Bayonetta / Cloud / Pit / Paulenta /Ryu / Snake / Sonic / Zelda / Link / Gannon

I think Third party charthers have a lot of stuff to draw on for completely new stages. Sonic and Snake's awful stages have a ways to go. 

Kid Icarus- I dislike the current stages, usually for reasons that involve use of Hard platforms instead of semi-soft platforms. He's also one of the few charathers with an NES game that has never had a "retro" stage. Although Uprising probbably has new stuff to draw from.

Duck Hunt - Like the idea of his Smash 4 stage as a fun minigame aside from fighting, but it's a lot less involved than eg ,warioware or the golden land stage in 3D.

Ice Climbers - Between the different moving Ice Climbers stages... I don't like any of them. We get teased with NES Ice stages in things like their Break the Target's, so there

R.O.B. - I kind of think I'd prefer like one of the Melee-style Event Battle trophy stages than something actually based on Gyromite. More fun to fight on top of a ginat R.O.B. than to work with a retro stage that won't have the punchiness of thigns that people can recognize. This is why I axed Wrecking Crew

Bayonetta -  The artists spent so much time photographing Belgian cathedrals as reference for the game. It's got lots of possibilities.

Little Mac - I think Boxing Ring could work, just not as a walk-off stage. I kind of prefer Super Punch Out the other games for new level inspiration though.

Zelda - it's kind of weird that I have a toon link stage, but not a regular one. I just don't get the appeal of Bridge of Eldin and Temple. The Smash 4 stages (both Wii U and 3DS) are just non-memorable, which is still better than being annoying I guess, but not the best. Obviously, Zelda has tons of options for new stages, with something BoToW-related most likely.

• 4 weeks later...

Hyrule Wilds

Spoiler

A stage based on Breath of the Wild, as well as the original Zelda title screen. A new climbing mechanic is shown off here, along with destructible trees and rocks, and a waterfall. Hyule Castle looms in the distance. Bokoblins and Moblins will frequently approach to attack players and can be defeated for items. A Hinox boss will occasionally attack, and drops a large number of items upon defeat . The stage could have a nighttime variant that features Stal versions of the regular monsters.

Themes:

• Breath of the Wild Main Theme
  • Champions' Medley
  • Goron City
  • Guardian Battle
  • Prince Sidon
  • Master Kohga Battle
  • Sheikah Shrine
  • Hyrule Castle

Vector

Spoiler

The capital of the Gestahl Empire. The battle takes place aboard Seter's airship, the Blackjack. The imperial palace and Magitek Research Facility both are visible in the background. Magicite appears on this stage, allowing the one who grabs it to summon a mighty Esper. Doing so may cause the city to be razed by Espers, setting fire to the stage. If any female fighters are being played, Ultros may appear as a stage boss, and like most bosses, can be defeated for items.

Themes:

• Terra's Theme
  • Celes' Theme
  • Locke's Theme
  • Edgar and Sabin's Theme
  • Battle Theme
  • Decisive Battle
  • Gestahl Empire
  • Magitek Research Facility
  • Omen/Dancing Mad
  • Searching for Friends

Mana Sanctuary

Spoiler

Based on the title screen and box art of Secret of Mana, a scenic forest with the Mana Tree in the background. Rabites appear as enemies, and like most enemies drop items when defeated. Flammie flies by in the background, though occasionally a Mana Beast will attack and can be defeated for items.

Themes:

• Title Theme
  • A Bell is Tolling
  • Danger!
  • Dark Star
  • Into the Thick of It
  • Mana Sanctuary
  • Meridian Dance
  • Prophecy

Eras of Time

Spoiler

The stage travels through the five eras of Chrono Trigger, starting in the Present and cycling through the Middle Ages, Future, Prehistoric, and Antiquity, then looping back to Present. Time Gates open to pull the party to each era, using the time travel effect from Chrono Trigger.

• Present - The calmest era.
  • Middle Ages - The Kingdom of Guardia and the Mystics are at war, causing Imps and Henches to enter the fray.
  • Future - The bleak future is patrolled by robots, some of which attack.
  • Prehistoric - Fierce Reptites prowl the jungles of the prehistoric era.
  • Antiquity - The Zeal Kingdom floats above the clouds

Themes:

• Crono's Theme
  • Lucca's Theme
  • Guardia Millenial Fair/Festival of Stars
  • Battle
  • Corridors of Time
  • Lavos/World Revolution
  • Magus
  • Schala
  • To Far Away Times

Scuttle Town

Spoiler

Shantae's home, a portside town. Here Shantae can use a special taunt to trigger conversations with Mimic, Sky, Bolo, Rottytops, and even Risky Boots about her opponents, akin to Pit in Palutena's Temple. Eventually Risky Boots' pirate ship will launch cannonballs at the town out of which Tinkerbats will emerge. Like most enemies, defeating them will cause items to drop.

• Dance Through the Danger
  • Scuttle Town
  • Family and Friends Medley (Uncle Mimic, Bolo, Sky, Rottytops)
  • Risky Boots
  • Troublesome Night
  • Boss
  • Final Boss (Pirate Master)
  • Final Boss (Dynamo)

Edited by Lord_Brand

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 9:38 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Before worrying about that, I'd worry about the possibility that this is just another port. Just saying.

Sakurai has stated on his Twitter account that he's been working on this for the past two years. I doubt that if it was a port he'd need that much time to adjust it to run on the Switch.

Anyway, I'd want a Gangplank Galleon stage instead of the typical jungle setting for the DK stage. Also, as someone who wants Phoenix Wright to be playable, I'd guess his stage would be the District Courthouse.

I've always wanted Mt. Silver from Pokemon. It's one of the most climactic settings in the series, and the only time two protagonists face off with any sort of narrative behind it. 

If they're not gonna have Red/"Pokemon Trainer"  in the games anymore, having him in the background facing off with Gold/Ethan, with their battle spilling over into stage hazards would be neat. 

Just a list.

• New Donk City: We've gotta have something from SMO. I don't think it needs to be particularly gimmicky; maybe even make it similar to the Fourside stage from Melee.
  • Bowser's Castle: Based on the classic grey-bricks-and-red-lava look from the original Super Mario Bros., with an assailable rooftop based on the final boss arena from Super Mario World. Of course, the drawbridge and axe to chop it down with would be a stage feature.
  • Minecart Madness: A super-gimmicky DK stage set upon chains of minecarts as they roll along a rollercoaster-like track, with jumps and lane changes and all that good stuff.
  • Great Plateau: Probably the best singular locale to represent BOTW. Maybe as another "tour" stage like Skyloft, with the platform going through the open fields, temple ruins, snowcap, and forest. Maybe one stop could have a decayed Guardian as a stage hazard.
  • Yoshi's one of my favorite series, but I'm not particularly picky. Woolly World was a fun stage prematurely repping a fun game, so if they just brought that back I wouldn't mind. They'll probably go with a cheery environment rather than one of the grimmer locales, which is understandable, but if they didn't, Navel Piranha's Castle could be cool with its sewer-like design and potential boss hazard.
  • Planet Phaaze: It's a freaky, semi-organic planet with glowy blue tendrils and strange wildlife. Plus we could use another Metroid Prime stage.
  • Pokemon is tough to predict. Sun and Moon don't have any real stand-out locales besides Ultra Space, which could work, or we could just get another "arena that shifts between four types" like the Stadium stages and Kalos League.
  • Kirby, Kirby, Kirby. My dream would be to have the sky tower area from Return to Dreamland, complete with its iconic stage theme, but it could just be another Superstar-based stage since that's Sakurai's favorite; perhaps Castle Dedede, though it might be too similar to Boxing Ring.
  • Saturn Valley: It's been in both EarthBound and MOTHER 3, so it's a good shared locale with some... interesting locals.
  • Fire Emblem is in a difficult spot. Its stages are often original content rather than based on a specific place. If FE16 isn't out in time, we could see the opera house or plains from Fates, or maybe Castle Rigel from Gaiden/SoV.
  • Lightning Battle: Basically, take the flight segment from Kid Icarus Uprising's Chapter 14, and put a traveling platform in it similar to Lylat Cruise. Only problem is Phosphora being an Assist Trophy.
  • Twilight River: As far as Pikmin stages go, this one has the unique addition of, well, rivers. With lilypad platforms that drift along it. Plus it's autumnal, in contrast to the two previous Pikmin stages being vernal.
  • Mor Ardain: Out of all of Xenoblade 2's locales it's pretty unique, being a weird steampunk rust desert cliffside. With really kickass music.
  • F-Zero, Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, Punch-Out!!, Duck Hunt, and Game & Watch could probably settle for just reprising old stages instead of getting wholly new ones, thanks to lack of material to draw from. Same with Brawl's Summit stage if Ice Climbers return, I loved feeding people to the fish.

From FE I want Rigel Castle and I think Nuibaba's Abode would be a cool stage too. If there has to be something from Fates then I'd want the Valla pyramid or the Nohrian Capital (with several levels and the training pit in the center). Hopefully this game has some cool FE stages as there's so many possibilities and we've gotten mostly generic stages so far.

New Donk City is a must. For Zelda, Hyrule Castle or a touring stage that takes us to the 4 beasts. 

For Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I'd want a pretty spoilery stage...

World Tree with all the Titans fighting in the background  

Edited by Book Bro

For Golden Sun, I'd like to see Kolima Forest or Venus Lighthouse. Tolbi or Colosso could be fun too.

If Castlevania gets a rep, Dracula's Castle is the obvious candidate for accompanying stage. The Castle would include destructible walls and candles you can smash to find items, while monsters such as Zombies and Medusa Heads periodically join the fight. Vampire Killer and Bloody Tears would have to be among the stage themes.

Central Highway from Mega Man X could be fun, with various Mavericks showing up as CPU opponents. Music themes could include:

• Central Highway
  • Theme of ZERO
  • Variable X
  • Sky Lagoon
  • Iris
  • X vs. Zero
  • Code Crush
  • Final Battle (MMX8)
Edited by Lord_Brand