Lass From Afar: F!Morgan

Poimagic

“Robin’s daughter. An aspiring tactician with no memory. Cheerful and loves to study.”

Italics equals superbane, Bold equals super boon

Stats: Hp: 36/ Atk: 34/ Spd: 30/ Res: 33/ Def: 16

Starting Skill Set: Weapon: Blarserpent+ | Special: Iceberg | A Slot: Mirror Stance | B Slot: Guard | C Slot: Atk Ploy 

Intro: Morgan comes flying in, being one of the first flying mage that will be added to the summonable pool. Compared to her other blue mage flyer, S!Corrin, she has, +5/+3/-4/+7/-6. While the lower spd can hurt, it doesn’t hurt as much due to skills like QR and spd stacking being good fixes for her mediocre spd stat

Strengths: Good res and atk, great mage tank

Weaknesses: Weakness to arrow’s and dragons, poor def

Tactic: Defense (Blarserpent, optimal build)

Spoiler

Suggested IVs: +Res*/Atk/HP, -Spd*/Def/HP (though most IVs still work pretty reasonably fine)

Weapon: Blarserpent+
Assist: Repo
Special: Iceberg
Passive A: Mirror Stance 2 / Distant Def 3
Passive B: Swordbreaker 3 / Guard 3 / Quick Riposte 2-3
Passive C: Atk Ploy 3 / flier buff
Seal: Quick Riposte 3 / Res Ploy 3 / Guidance 3

Works with most of her IVs that don't negatively touch her Atk or Res; -Spd may actually be the best IV for this, since it doesn't touch her physical bulk and lets her more viably tank daggers, and also getting doubled by ranged units will allow her to proc Iceberg in a single round. Build mainly focuses on getting the most out of her default kit, tanking non-bow wielding ranged foes and returning fire for KOs as often as possible. If she's the team's only blue, may need to run Swordbreaker to land kills on red melee opponents, since her speed will rarely make the cut to let her KO swords. Quick Riposte is recommended in some form or fashion so that she can land kills on defense, and she has some versatility between her B-skill and Seal slot depending on what she runs where. 

Guard + QR is good for Res boons since she may take no damage at all, making both skills more sustainable. probably best overall for hard-walling red and blue mages, and even cockblocking a lot of green mages pretty hard. 

QR + Atk Ploy + Res Ploy is another good choice for Res boons, letting her provide additional debuff support while maintaining enemy phase doubling capability

Swordbreaker + QR is good all-around offensive utility for both player and enemy phase

Guidance is a bit niche, but good for those Tactic-using mixed teams (which she's pretty good on since she can tank magic extremely well even without buff support)

Basically, this build generally works well with most IVs that aren't +Spd, although even +Spd IVs can do fine they just won't activate Iceberg as consistently against slower foes. 

Tactic: Swarm (Blarraven)

Spoiler

Suggested IVs: +Def/-Spd*, +Def/-anything

+Def/-Spd: 37 HP | 49 Atk | 27 Spd | 19 Def | 36 Res

Weapon: Blarraven+
Passive A: Triangle Adept 3
Passive B: Quick Riposte 2-3
Seal: Iote's Shield

Basically, the only reason to consider this build (and only reason that +Def isn't complete garbo for her) is that flier teams need ways to counter bows, and Morgan is the closest thing to a budget archer counter that flier teams can get (since all the other tome fliers are limited units and not everyone can afford to run DC + Iote Myrrh). Even with her pretty low defense, she can still manage to fight non-CA archers pretty well-- but even those with CA, she can at least survive with enough speed-boosting support to avoid being doubled (though since a lot of archers tend to crank speed... good luck with that)

Tactic: Charge (Spd stacking build)

Spoiler

Spd/-Def, +Spd/-HP, +Spd/-anything (other two are best tho)

-Def: 39 HP | 49 Atk | 41 Spd | 15 Def | 36 Res

-HP: 36 HP | 49 Atk | 41 Spd | 19 Def | 36 Res

Note: Blarserpent used for the above stat calcs, Owl would be -1 Atk, Blade would be +1 Atk and -2 HP

Weapon: Blarserpent+ / Blarowl+ / Blarblade+
Special: Moonbow / Iceberg
Passive A: Fury 3
Passive B: Swordbreaker 3 / Desperation 3 / Renewal 3
Passive C: Atk Ploy 3 / flier buff / other ploys (IE Res, Spd
Seal: Spd+3

Speed stacking with Fury works pretty well at making her decently speedy, able to double things and have a pretty good offensive presence without needing to give up the useful utility of her high Res. Generally speaking, this build needs more support to function adequately than the default kit-- namely, this one is less suitable outside of flier teams. 

For teams that have access to Hone Fliers, Blarblade is the best weapon for the kit, and Desperation or Swordbreaker is probably the best B-skill to go with. Vulnerable to panic effects, which a lot of challenge maps (GHBs and such) employ, so may be a bit situational at the cost of the extra power. 

Blarowl is somewhat playstyle-dependent; for players/teams that function well grouped-up, IE Goad + Ward or Goad-stacking teams. Requires the most maintenance, but can potentially get the biggest results too (also combines well with Fury for the overall stat-stacking)-- with full Owl boosts and three goads, Owl gets +18 Atk/Spd and +6 Def/Res, and isn't vulnerable to reversal via panic.

Blarserpent is ofc the budget option, and functions largely like the first set without needing QR and having a bit extra player phase usability from the speed. Can double bulky swords like Ike without needing Swordbreaker (though Swordbreaker can still be a good still for beating faster swords, albeit for shorter term due to Fury recoil). Renewal is a nice alternative to give her some longevity and compensate for Fury's recoil, and other skills like Vantage and Escape Route can be used to capitalize on the HP loss (Wings of Mercy also good, and not HP-dependent). B-skill is pretty versatile, really. 

For Owl and Blade sets where Ploy support isn't needed in the team comp, more offensive skills like Swift Sparrow or even Life and Death can also be run, though Corrin is pretty much straight-up better at purely offensive sets; Morgan can still run them, but abusing her good Res for Ploy support is one of her draws that make her good for Fury build

Changelog:

Spoiler

Mar 18: Finished the builds

Mar 20: Fixed the stats and labeled them

Big thanks to @BANRYU, who supplied the write-ups. 

Edited by Poimagic

@Poimagic I hate to rush you 'cause I know stuff happens and life is more important, but I notice it's been a few days and it looks like we've still got no progress.

Actually, I've done a bit of research and testing with precious daughter while trying to work out a build for my own, so I feel like I've got a pretty good handle on her capabilities-- would you want me to assist a bit with like, sharing what I've figured out and maybe suggesting some build skeletons and key points on them?

Like if that would help or make things easier, I'm happy to offer that just let me know. Don't wanna be steppin on your toes if you've got a handle on things, though. 

Edited by BANRYU

4 hours ago, BANRYU said:

@Poimagic I hate to rush you 'cause I know stuff happens and life is more important, but I notice it's been a few days and it looks like we've still got no progress.

Actually, I've done a bit of research and testing with precious daughter while trying to work out a build for my own, so I feel like I've got a pretty good handle on her capabilities-- would you want me to assist a bit with like, sharing what I've figured out and maybe suggesting some build skeletons and key points on them?

Like if that would help or make things easier, I'm happy to offer that just let me know. Don't wanna be steppin on your toes if you've got a handle on things, though. 

I wouldn’t mind a little help. I’ll do the build skills, the the write-ups. But I might do the calcs first before the write up. You know, to check

Okay it's been a bit and I've been kind of busy, but here are the two main builds that I would generally suggest with her: 

typical base kit: 

Spoiler

Suggested IVs: +Res*/Atk/HP, -Spd*/Def/HP (though most IVs still work pretty reasonably fine)

Weapon: Blarserpent+
Passive A: Mirror Stance 2 / Distant Def 3
Passive B: Swordbreaker 3 / Guard 3 / Quick Riposte 2-3
Seal: Quick Riposte 3 / Res Ploy 3 / Guidance 3

Works with most of her IVs that don't negatively touch her Atk or Res; -Spd may actually be the best IV for this, since it doesn't touch her physical bulk and lets her more viably tank daggers, and also getting doubled by ranged units will allow her to proc Iceberg in a single round. Build mainly focuses on getting the most out of her default kit, tanking non-bow wielding ranged foes and returning fire for KOs as often as possible. If she's the team's only blue, may need to run Swordbreaker to land kills on red melee opponents, since her speed will rarely make the cut to let her KO swords. Quick Riposte is recommended in some form or fashion so that she can land kills on defense, and she has some versatility between her B-skill and Seal slot depending on what she runs where. 

• Guard + QR is good for Res boons since she may take no damage at all, making both skills more sustainable. probably best overall for hard-walling red and blue mages, and even cockblocking a lot of green mages pretty hard. 
  • QR + Atk Ploy + Res Ploy is another good choice for Res boons, letting her provide additional debuff support while maintaining enemy phase doubling capability
  • Swordbreaker + QR is good all-around offensive utility for both player and enemy phase
  • Guidance is a bit niche, but good for those Tactic-using mixed teams (which she's pretty good on since she can tank magic extremely well even without buff support)

Basically, this build generally works well with most IVs that aren't +Spd, although even +Spd IVs can do fine they just won't activate Iceberg as consistently against slower foes. 

dual phase utility (+Spd, speed stacking)

Spoiler

Suggested IVs: +Spd/-Def, +Spd/-HP, +Spd/-anything (other two are best tho)

• -Def: 39 HP | 49 Atk | 41 Spd | 15 Def | 36 Res
  • -HP: 36 HP | 49 Atk | 41 Spd | 19 Def | 36 Res

Note: Blarserpent used for the above stat calcs, Owl would be -1 Atk, Blade would be +1 Atk and -2 HP

Weapon: Blarserpent+ / Blarowl+ / Blarblade+
Special: Moonbow / Iceberg
Passive A: Fury 3
Passive B: Swordbreaker 3 / Desperation 3 / Renewal 3
Passive C: Atk Ploy 3 / flier buff / other ploys (IE Res, Spd
Seal: Spd+3

Speed stacking with Fury works pretty well at making her decently speedy, able to double things and have a pretty good offensive presence without needing to give up the useful utility of her high Res. Generally speaking, this build needs more support to function adequately than the default kit-- namely, this one is less suitable outside of flier teams. 

• For teams that have access to Hone Fliers, Blarblade is the best weapon for the kit, and Desperation or Swordbreaker is probably the best B-skill to go with. Vulnerable to panic effects, which a lot of challenge maps (GHBs and such) employ, so may be a bit situational for PvE modes at the cost of the extra power. Probably best suited sticking to Arena matches, particularly offense since AI is bad at avoiding panic effects on defense. 
  • Blarowl is somewhat playstyle-dependent; for players/teams that function well grouped-up, IE Goad + Ward or Goad-stacking teams. Requires the most maintenance, but can potentially get the biggest results too (also combines well with Fury for the overall stat-stacking)-- with full Owl boosts and three goads, Owl gets +18 Atk/Spd and +6 Def/Res, and isn't vulnerable to reversal via panic.
  • Blarserpent is ofc the budget option, and functions largely like the first set without needing QR and having a bit extra player phase usability from the speed. Can double bulky swords like Ike without needing Swordbreaker (though Swordbreaker can still be a good still for beating faster swords, albeit for shorter term due to Fury recoil). Renewal is a nice alternative to give her some longevity and compensate for Fury's recoil, and other skills like Vantage and Escape Route can be used to capitalize on the HP loss (Wings of Mercy also good, and not HP-dependent). B-skill is pretty versatile, really. 

For Owl and Blade sets where Ploy support isn't needed in the team comp, more offensive skills like Swift Sparrow or even Life and Death can also be run, though Corrin is pretty much straight-up better at purely offensive sets; Morgan can still run them, but abusing her good Res for Ploy support is one of her draws that make her good specifically for Fury builds

Raven tome (+Def IVs)

Spoiler

Suggested IVs: +Def/-Spd*, +Def/-anything

• +Def/-Spd: 37 HP | 49 Atk | 27 Spd | 19 Def | 36 Res

Weapon: Blarraven+
Passive A: Triangle Adept 3
Passive B: Quick Riposte 2-3
Seal: Iote's Shield

Basically, the only reason to consider this build (and only reason that +Def isn't complete garbo for her) is that flier teams need ways to counter bows, and Morgan is the closest thing to a budget archer counter that flier teams can get (since all the other tome fliers are limited units and not everyone can afford to run DC + Iote Myrrh). Even with her pretty low defense, she can still manage to fight non-CA archers pretty well-- but even those with CA, she can at least survive with enough speed-boosting support to avoid being doubled (though since a lot of archers tend to crank speed... good luck with that)

There.... I think that's..... I think that's about all the sets she could really ever want to run (and you can probably still label these with your cool Tactic titles lol they're just grouped more by her skill set and role than weapon, since the fury build is pretty versatile with what weapon it can be run with)

I would probably call the default kit her optimal build, TBH; it's a pretty unique role and she's also built to succeed pretty well at walling magic in terms of her stat spread, both among blue tomes in general and especially among fliers. She's the definition of specialized, but still pretty cool. Dragons can be an issue for her, though.

Edited by BANRYU

@BANRYU Thanks for the help. I do agree that F!Morgan, while specialized, still is really good. I still question why gamepress lists Blade as her best build when serpent is their, and helps her enemy phase skills, great, specially with QR seal

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

@BANRYU Thanks for the help. I do agree that F!Morgan, while specialized, still is really good. I still question why gamepress lists Blade as her best build when serpent is their, and helps her enemy phase skills, great, specially with QR seal

Nukes offer huge coverage without jeopardizing sustainability (via Desperation), whereas Enemy Phase units have to choose either high coverage or sustainability unless they bring along a healer.

How do you have the stats lined up? I heard DEF was her superbane, but it looks like you put it where I'd expect RES to go? It should go HP-ATK-SPD-DEF-RES, right? Or is RES her superbane and I just heard wrong?

26 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

How do you have the stats lined up? I heard DEF was her superbane, but it looks like you put it where I'd expect RES to go? It should go HP-ATK-SPD-DEF-RES, right? Or is RES her superbane and I just heard wrong?

Actually, I need to fix that. Sorry bout that. I’ll label the stats.