Who do you think is going to drop to 4 star? Male Morgan or female Morgan?

Anacybele

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m somewhat hoping F!Morgan drops, as she would be a merge project of mine. I’d probably make an arena core of her, Caeda, and Cherche. But I wouldn’t mind if she doesn’t drop, as I could use some good offensive mages. But I’m am somewhat hoping both drop, even though it’s probably a bad wish

I think if a character has 5 skills, that's a pretty safe indicator that they're 5* exclusive. I can't imagine a reason why they'd put 5 skills on a character they planned to drop, and I don't think that's likely to change. Any individual skill could show up on a 4* if it gets common enough, but why 5 of them?

So my guess is m!Morgan, with a possibility that no one will drop. I don't think there's any real possibility of f!Morgan dropping. On top of the 5 skill situation, mage fliers are still very rare. And while legendary weapons no longer seem to be an obstacle to dropping, Serpent tomes seem like an exciting enough inheritance pick that they'd have the first one stay 5* exclusive. I think it's likely that the 4* roster will eventually get one or more mage fliers and Serpent users, but not yet. There's no precedent of a fully normal banner having no drops yet, and m!Morgan seems fine at 4*, so I'm guessing he'll drop. Dull Ranged is neat but not that novel at this point, and Grima's Truth is fine compared to Peshkatz.

@Anacybele That it can. But back on topic, I agree with you that if anyone is going to drop, it will be M!Morgan. The only thing in my opinion that might stop him from being dropped is his unique weapon, but plenty of 4★ characters have unique weapons. So it's really not a point in his favour. I'll admit, though, I'm disappointed that he didn't get a full kit the way F!Morgan did. Doesn't seem fair, but hey, I wasn't consulted on their creation. I'm just glad they exist in FEH now.

Ana, that is the eth. A letter still used in Icelandic today. It's pronounced like a "dth" sound. (Depending on usage and language) The upper case is similar to an upper case D with a dash in it. If you bothered to copypaste the letter and google it, you'd find this out. This letter was common in Old Norse. The tomes of this game are named literally after colors. Rauðr means red, blár is blue, gronn is green. ð is also found in Old English, but in Old Norse and Icelandic, it has specific rules in how its used. Ice Dragon is correct in their explanation of this. (Old Norse and Icelandic use a more dh sound for the ð. Given the game's Norse inspiration and themes, its good to use that pronunciation.) 

i freaking logged in to post this and will be cross if its dismissed, ill have you know. Its not nice to ignore or disregard people who provide you with sources that back up what they are saying.

i also have no idea if anyone will drop. Maybe Chrom? FeMorgs has a full kit so....doubt itll be her. MaleMorgs has a unique weapon. (Or does he?) /shrug

I am hoping female Morgan will drop due to having a new inheritance weapon type however she also has 2 skills that so far have been consistently 5*locked and a stance passive which with the exception of black knight have been 5* exclusive, as well as being a unit type that has stayed 5* exclusive (tome flier)  so it doesn't look good for the poor girl, 

Male Morgan on the other hand has the best offensive stat line amongst red mages and  a new enemy phrase oriented B skill (ep skills are always so rare for some reason), however his base kit doesn't synergise so he has a chance 

7 minutes ago, Loki Laufeyson said:

I kinda hope it is male Morgs. Id like the chance to pull him, lmao

Loki! I like, don't see you anymore! Nice to see you're still around! At least sometimes. :P

And I agree, though while I pulled male Morgan and with awesome IVs to boot, I want more of him to merge!

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

No language uses that transliteration, though.

Yeah, and? Obviously I'm not smart enough to understand transliterations, because I just don't get why you'd use a letter that doesn't match the sound (unless there is no letter or combination of letters that matches, of course).

23 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

Yeah, and? Obviously I'm not smart enough to understand transliterations, because I just don't get why you'd use a letter that doesn't match the sound (unless there is no letter or combination of letters that matches, of course).

My assumption is the fact that the "th" digraph in English is ambiguous in sound, having the "soft" unvoiced sound as in "this" or the "hard" voiced sound as in "that". The use of "dh" allows differentiation because eth in most languages is pronounced similarly to the voiced "hard" sound whereas thorn, which is transliterated almost exclusively as "th", varies between the two sounds exactly as English "th".

Additionally, "d" is the voiced version of the "t" sound, meaning "dh" would naturally be used to less ambiguously indicate the voiced version of the "th" sound.

Edited by Ice Dragon

If any drop, I'll bet it'll be M!Morgan because he the was the Morgan I managed to luck into he doesn't have a full set of passives and, compared to his female counterpart, is of a much less exotic unit type.

37 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Watch Chrom drop instead.

Not a single lord character has been dropped to 4*-5* since Seliph and Restoration Lady Eirika. I don't think that will change here.

Male Morgan since his stats aren't that impressive and I'm getting Ivaldi flashbacks from Grima's Truth. Plus F!Morgan is a flier mage and has a full kit compared to M!Morgan

Dull Ranged seems impressive on paper, but you have better b slot skills to run than that

17 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Male Morgan since his stats aren't that impressive and I'm getting Ivaldi flashbacks from Grima's Truth. Plus F!Morgan is a flier mage and has a full kit compared to M!Morgan.

Honestly M!morgan is more comparable to sothe, both have the best offensive stat line of their weapon type and Grimas truth is the same as whatever sothe dagger is called

If he were any other colour, male Morgan's stats would be unimpressive, but sadly for red infantry mages, he's the best. It's weird. However I'd lean toward him being the one to drop anyway, if anyone does (I'm leaning more towards no one dropping overall). My main rationale is that he's the one I want least, and MurphyMorgan's Law dictates that he'll be the one we get. Despite the stats, I still find him to be unexciting as a unit and would be ambivalent at best at pulling him as a pitybreaker. I'm a terrible mother, I know.

2 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Honestly M!morgan is more comparable to sothe, both have the best offensive stat line of their weapon type and Grimas truth is the same as whatever sothe dagger is called

Def +3 effect but yeah

13 hours ago, Seafarer said:

Personally, I prefer "th", since that's how it's pronounced. But, I mean, it's alt+208. ð, see? Easy.

Alt+0240, actually. Alt+0208 produces a capital Ð. Alt+208 produces a ╨.

3 hours ago, Loki Laufeyson said:

(Or does he?)

I was so annoyed when male Morgan turned out to use Grima’s Truth. RIP Validar, I guess.

Edited by Vaximillian

Just now, Humanoid said:

It's both. 0240 or 208. The leading 0 is important.

Alt+208 produces a ╨ for me. I don’t think the encoding or whatever can be that much different between regions.

23 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Alt+208 produces a ╨ for me. I don’t think the encoding or whatever can be that much different between regions.

There are hundreds of variants of the extended ascii table (i.e. the three-character alt codes), though a few common ones will usually be observed. In this case we can just pick out the two most common:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_page_437

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_page_850

EDIT: And if you type the leading zero, it forces this character set instead: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows-1252

Edited by Humanoid

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

There are hundreds of variants of the extended ascii table (i.e. the three-character alt codes), though a few common ones will usually be observed. In this case we can just pick out the two most common:

Looks like your system uses 850 and mine some variant of 437. That was quite enlightening, thanks!

14 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Dull Ranged seems impressive on paper, but you have better b slot skills to run than that

Dull Ranged with the Quick Riposte Sacred Seal is more than enough for enemy-phase units, and there is a decent number of units that have their B slots entirely free, such as Brave and Firesweep users and Litrblade users that rely on one-hit kills. I only wish we had a means of running Dull Ranged with Cancel Affinity for Jeorge and Innes.

I can even see Reinhardt running Dull Ranged to be annoying to blue and green tome users that only barely survive him after buffs.

16 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

My assumption is the fact that the "th" digraph in English is ambiguous in sound, having the "soft" unvoiced sound as in "this" or the "hard" voiced sound as in "that". The use of "dh" allows differentiation because eth in most languages is pronounced similarly to the voiced "hard" sound whereas thorn, which is transliterated almost exclusively as "th", varies between the two sounds exactly as English "th".

Additionally, "d" is the voiced version of the "t" sound, meaning "dh" would naturally be used to less ambiguously indicate the voiced version of the "th" sound.

TIL, I've been pronouncing this wrong my entire life.

Anyway, going with Male Morgan for all the reasons people have said, especially that her kit fits her. MM hs a buffing (support) weapon and an EP skill on a unit whose stats scream PP.