Who do you think is going to drop to 4 star? Male Morgan or female Morgan?

Anacybele

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, it's not a statement about how the current stats works, it's simply a musing on a hypothetical (and thoroughly improbable) situation in which a 5*+10 is functionally identical to a 6*+0, or better.

I hadn't read that post before though, and it's clear from that the gap would be too large if we simply set the growth rate rarity bonus to force a +4 minimum gain in the lowest stat. That said, a minimum of 20 points distributed via natural growth would be superior to +4 to everything so I doubt there'd be many complaints about a 6* Delthea losing some Def in comparison to a 5*+10.

At this point I should probably bow out for the sake of my sanity - the status quo is still workable for now, up to the point probably when someone does to Ayra what Ayra did to launch units.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

Then the setup of your defense team isnt quite challening. What is your defense team and what skills do they have equiped?

Usually Frederick, Reinhardt, Azura, and then bonus unit. Unless the only bonuses I have aren't red units, then I switch it up a bit. But Frederick and Reinhardt are mostly always there at least and I always have a dancer.

@Anacybele You know, for some odd reason my dancerless teams seem to perform better on defense teams then my teams with dancers. It is rather odd because when facing teams dancers can be a pain. But for some reason defense teams with dancers just have never worked well for me.

Anyways have you ever done it without a dancer for several days to see if that makes a difference?

1 hour ago, Usana said:

@Anacybele You know, for some odd reason my dancerless teams seem to perform better on defense teams then my teams with dancers. It is rather odd because when facing teams dancers can be a pain. But for some reason defense teams with dancers just have never worked well for me.

Anyways have you ever done it without a dancer for several days to see if that makes a difference?

I’m just going to chime in to say that the opposite is true for me. My Flier Emblem (the seasonal mage fliers) plus bonus unit team seriously struggled to get even one win in a given week. Since I switched to a team of Firesweep Cordelia, Brave Bow/DB3/BF3 ToD!Jakob, a dancer (currently PA!Azura) and a bonus unit (Alm last week, currently LL!Ephraim), I’ve gotten eight wins (five last week, three so far this week).

I suppose the takeaway here is that defense wins can be a real crapshoot at times.

@Tybrosion A crapshot indeed. I really wish we could watch our wins so that we could figure out why they happened. Though thinking about it I do have one defense team with a dancer that has done real well. Ninian and her dragon pals. Not sure if I have run a flier team with a airzura. Since my fliers are primarily player phase heavy hitters that rely on positioning to do well, I don't normally use them on defense. The reason I would like F!Morgan so much is to try and make a defensive flier Emblem.

4 hours ago, Usana said:

Huh, I get more wins when I put a dancer on it. Probably because Reinhardt + dancer is scary. xP

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Huh, I get more wins when I put a dancer on it. Probably because Reinhardt + dancer is scary. xP

i still dont know the skills of all those units, but Reinhardt and a Dancer are not scary at all. If i see those i welcome them, because there are a shitton of counters around for Reinhardt (and i allways run one). Besides Horse Defense Teams are kinda bad now since tranches (as in not very effective as before).

i got 10 defense wins this week with infantery pulse team... Deirdra + Sonya + Azama + Ninian. your Defense Team isnt countering the meta at all. Reinhardt is now easy countered, everyone and their mother is prepared for him. And Horse emblem is definitly not the current meta (Dragons + Armorers is). Switch out Frederick for Julia or Deirdra and see what happens.

24 minutes ago, Hilda said:

i still dont know the skills of all those units, but Reinhardt and a Dancer are not scary at all. If i see those i welcome them, because there are a shitton of counters around for Reinhardt (and i allways run one). Besides Horse Defense Teams are kinda bad now since tranches (as in not very effective as before).

i got 10 defense wins this week with infantery pulse team... Deirdra + Sonya + Azama + Ninian. your Defense Team isnt countering the meta at all. Reinhardt is now easy countered, everyone and their mother is prepared for him. And Horse emblem is definitly not the current meta (Dragons + Armorers is). Switch out Frederick for Julia or Deirdra and see what happens.

...What are you talking about? Horse defense teams are great. I always get a bunch of wins when I use one. I just can't always use one because I don't always have a bonus unit that's a horse unit. Also, it's "trenches."

I've tried using dragon and armor teams, they're not as good. I always do much better with horses.

Edited by Anacybele

12 hours ago, Anacybele said:

...What are you talking about? Horse defense teams are great. I always get a bunch of wins when I use one. I just can't always use one because I don't always have a bonus unit that's a horse unit. Also, it's "trenches."

I've tried using dragon and armor teams, they're not as good. I always do much better with horses.

I am not talking about using dragon or armor teams as your defense team, i am talking about putting units that counter dragon or armorer in your defense team (as in Micaiah, Deirdra Julia etc)

On 15/03/2018 at 11:25 PM, Tybrosion said:

If any drop, I'll bet it'll be M!Morgan because he the was the Morgan I managed to luck into he doesn't have a full set of passives and, compared to his female counterpart, is of a much less exotic unit type.

Not a single lord character has been dropped to 4*-5* since Seliph and Restoration Lady Eirika. I don't think that will change here.

The same is true for Red Mages.

Edit:

Didn't realise there were 5 pages. Anyways back on topic, as pointed out by @Ice Dragon, regardless of who drops, it will be the first to brak a trend. I think none will drop.

Edited by Clogon

Wow seemingly everything has been covered.  Besides the history and all that, I agree with the camp saying M Morgan is most likely to drop.  F Morgan is the first flying mage in the regular pool, and thus is extremely special and unique.   Meanwhile even if M Morgan is a great red mage, there are many infantry mages already in the game.  

I do hope they get back to dropping at least one unit to 4 star.  I guess we'll know soon.  

Although I strongly believe that one one unit will be dropped to 4* and that it is going to be male Morgan, I just pulled him.

So I'll be crossing fingers that the other one does. :)

Edited by Vince777

Sorry to any female Morgan fans, but I can confirm now that male Morgan did indeed drop! I pulled a 4 star of him! YAY!

Thread over then! No point in discussing this further now. I request a lock.

Locks aren't used when a thread is no longer relevant. You just let the thread die in peace when the discussion is over.

I'm rather happy that male Morgan was dropped, even if I want more copies of female Morgan for merging, because I want to give Dull Ranged to a few units that can make use of it (now if only my +Atk Leo weren't also -Def).

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Locks aren't used when a thread is no longer relevant. You just let the thread die in peace when the discussion is over.

Oh, okay then. That's fair enough, I guess.