Men of Serenes Forest!

Ronnie

I see more guys on the women's thread than this one.  You guys are silly :-P

On 4/9/2018 at 10:45 AM, Shoblongoo said:

Image may contain: text

I licked a chicken nugget and I'm proud of it.  

Wow that one actually turned out to be clean and true :D:

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

That's why I haven't done it.

...excuses...

What nefarious thing do you imagine I'm going to do with that information??? (i.e. pick the day you were born. pick the month you were born. pick the last 4 digits of your social security number) 

15 minutes ago, Johann said:

I like when @Shoblongoo drops the truth bombs in the Serious Discussion threads, in part because then I don't have to write giant posts

...you know how it is...

Sometimes I drop truth bombs in serious discussion, and sometimes I just wanna talk  about titties. 

Just now, Shoblongoo said:

...you know how it is...

Sometimes I drop truth bombs in serious discussion, and sometimes I just wanna talk  about titties. 

Serious Discussion Shob and FFtF Shob come off as two very different people. I never even figured out if you were posting those man memes from a few pages back ironically or not

13 minutes ago, Johann said:

Serious Discussion Shob and FFtF Shob come off as two very different people. 

...thats a pretty accurate reflection of RL for me...

There's the side of me that I present in a professional setting, when I'm with clients and coworkers and before officers of the court. 

And then there's the party animal that comes out when the suit and tie comes off. 

13 minutes ago, Johann said:

I never even figured out if you were posting those man memes from a few pages back ironically or not

What can I say--sex sells. 

I was trying to match pace with the women's thread, and the man memes were actually bringing in traffic. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

2 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

There's the side of me that I present in a professional setting, when I'm with clients and coworkers and before officers of the court. 

And then there's the party animal that comes out when the suit and tie comes off. 

And these sort of human observations are always... ... ... to make.

I can't think of a single word to describe it. Being one to interact IRL with few people, seeing bits and pieces of humble ordinary daily humanity is refreshing, and in a way humanizing for myself.

38 minutes ago, Johann said:

drops the truth bombs in the Serious Discussion threads

They are only truth here if one who sees the bomb offers truth, if one offers lie, it is lie.

4 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Yeah, I figured as much. I think I'm far more serious sounding here than I am even at work. Well, definitely more serious here than in front of my students, where I'm by far the most laid back teacher they have, and even with other faculty or the administration, I'm known for being casual about more than some of them would like. Either way I'm much more in my element in person (and extremely extroverted), whereas online I feel like I can barely connect to anyone.

8 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

What can I say--sex sells. 

I was trying to match pace with the women's thread, and the man memes were actually bringing in traffic.

I think it's the gamey test things too, though I think when paired (ie: "how much sex have you sexed" tests), I get the sense people here are feeling emasculated or otherwise self-shamed for not having the experience you or I have.

All right y'all, time for me to get real. Men of Serenes Forest, I've a general question for all of you here in my attempt to bring traffic. And that is:

How often do you ask for/accept help from someone other than yourself? Basically, how prideful do you consider yourself?

40 minutes ago, Motendra said:

All right y'all, time for me to get real. Men of Serenes Forest, I've a general question for all of you here in my attempt to bring traffic. And that is:

How often do you ask for/accept help from someone other than yourself? Basically, how prideful do you consider yourself?

I have no problem asking people for help, but I'm careful to only ask people who know their shit, or else I'm just gonna make things more complicated. Sometimes quicker to just teach myself whatever it is I have to do.

9 minutes ago, Johann said:

I have no problem asking people for help, but I'm careful to only ask people who know their shit, or else I'm just gonna make things more complicated. Sometimes quicker to just teach myself whatever it is I have to do.

Follow up question for you since you're more seasoned than most on here: did you always have this mentality, or was it something that you had to learn/develop over time?

4 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Follow up question for you since you're more seasoned than most on here: did you always have this mentality, or was it something that you had to learn/develop over time?

When I was younger, I had more anxiety about asking for help, not because of pride, but because I didn't want to be a burden on people. I still hate imposing, which is why I tend to only ask for help after trying to handle something myself (unless it's the kind of thing you can permanently screw up or get badly injured doing).

Ahhhhhhh; the old men-can't-ask-for-directions trope

15 hours ago, Motendra said:

How often do you ask for/accept help from someone other than yourself?

All the time. As a young attorney only 4 years out of law school; I wouldn't be able to function in my profession if I didn't know how to respect the limits of what I can do on my own, and what I can't. And if I did not have older, more experienced mentor figures who I could reach out to when uncertain how to proceed. (law is a profession where you're considered a newbie until you've been doing it for at least 10 years and there's simply no substitute for experience. The old-timers who have been doing it for decades have seen cases that the young attorneys haven't seen and know things that the young attorneys don't know, and the smartest thing a young attorney can do is pick their brains for ideas)

@Johann hit upon what I think is the most important thing: choose your mentor figures wisely. You become the people you look up to. So look up to people who know what they're doing and who set a good example. 

13 hours ago, Motendra said:

did you always have this mentality, or was it something that you had to learn/develop over time?

Maybe the opposite of @Johann here. When I was younger I was less independent, less confident, and sought help from others far more frequently instead of taking the initiative to try to find my own answer to whatever problem I was facing. 

I feel like as I've matured I've become less inclined to ask for help. Not because I don't want to be a burden--but because I've become more confident in my own thinking, and my own ability to assess problems + find answers on my own. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

15 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

*drunken shitpost*

We all know what will bring back the traffic...post your peen size in this thread. 

I eagerly await your responses... for research.

17 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

"Can we advise that masturbating in front of a coworker is a violation of the policy?" 

...having one of those days where work is lewder than the forum...

How's Harvey Weinstein?  It seems like he's been having a rough go of it as of late.

5 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

I ate a creme egg while drinking gin.

Wow. That's a tame one.

On 4/16/2018 at 10:09 PM, Charmeleonbrah said:

*drunken shitpost*

We all know what will bring back the traffic...post your peen size in this thread. 

The fuck is this--middle school locker room??? 

20 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I eagerly await your responses... for research.

Some say women can't parallel park because they lack depth perception. [FALSE]

If a woman is bad at parking, its because she is constantly lied to about what 8 inches is  :awesome: :awesome::awesome:

Edited by Shoblongoo

to answer the original question, I wear boxers.

Briefs/Boxer briefs are just too tight and annoying to wear. I don't like tight clothes for the most part.

As for how often i seek help, well... I'd would like to say I ask for help fairly often, but most of the time i feel too awkward to ask. Either because I have already asked a lot of questions or because i feel like this is something I should know (particularly when it is work related). But I do often try and get over that and ask anyway, at the very least for the more important things that need to be done. With friends it can be easier to ask, specially cause they know me enough to know that I am just a fool. I do frequently google things up instead though. Very useful for normal skills people tend to develop as kids (like cleaning or cooking basic stuff). Also really useful for more personal issues when you don't have many good friends that you can talk to without judgement or feel like you can't talk to friends for some reason or another.

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:46 PM, Charmeleonbrah said:

How's Harvey Weinstein?  It seems like he's been having a rough go of it as of late.

I'm sure he's doing fine. After all, there's been no solid proof against him, only "allegations".

*Logs out to see what this thread is about anonymously *

*Internally debates whether to have my name be put on such a NSFW thread*

*Say's "Screw it"" because I want to do this quiz.*

As for the original question, whatever's in my wardrobe... which is mostly briefs, but in truth I never cared. I just wear it to remain modest.

On 3/29/2018 at 1:35 PM, Shoblongoo said:

Image result for manliness checklist

1. You Have Your Own Man Cave? No, and I have no need for one. All I'd do is read in it, and I can do that in a study.
  2. You Own a 4X4? ...I'll walk there.
  3. Have cut down a tree? Yes, actually. One that I learned the hard way contained a wasps nest. I also cut off the branch of a tree to save a snake.
  4. You own a Hammerdrill? Technically. It's not mine, but I'm free to borrow it (which I never have).
  5. Nose been broken in a fight? Never broke a bone, and I've never been in a fight.
  6. Smoked? I'm not suicidal.
  7. You own a proper BBQ? Again technically... because it's probably rusted by this point.
  8. Have killed a mammal before? No, but I have saved several stink bugs, spiders, and other insects from an unnecessary demise by taking them outside or out of harms way. With my bare hands.
  9. Saved an animal/kid from a tree? I got a snake out of a tree to prevent it from eating a birds egg. Does that count?
  10. Never owned any boat shoes? What the heck is a boat shoe?
  11. Have hairy chest and/or back? That's a fire hazard. No, although I have a giant scar on my back to compensate.
  12. Never watched any Twilights? Nope.
  13. Know how to weld? No, but I know how to use a lathe, mill, and grinder.
  14. You Have a Facial Scar? No, but I have a giant one on my back.
  15. Injured lifting something heavy? Does nearly passing out count? Marching bells are heavy, and those weren't even proper ones. I have heard of someone legitimately passing out after a parade after marching with actual bells, so I got off easy.
  16. Been bitten by a snake? No, but I've held one before. It even stuck out it's tongue for a picture!
  17. Built a house/cabin/shack? Not yet.
  18. Cooked meat on a campfire? Do meat-filled pies count?
  19. Kept a beard for more than a year? Does a mustache and goatee count?
  20. Been on a Combat Patrol? If I had to, sure, but otherwise no.
  21. Own a chainsaw OR large axe? I own both.
  22. Knocked someone out? I've never been in a fight. If I were to knock someone out, I'd do it with stealth.
  23. NSFW? I'd rather be castrated.
  24. Killed someone in battle? No.
  25. Sailed across the ocean? Not yet.
  26. Own any Medieval Weaponry? Until I join a fencing class or become a HEMA practitioner, no.
  27. Fan of Combat Sports? I don't have time for TV. I do enjoy watching authentic sword fights and fight scenes from Eastern martial arts movies.
  28. Killed someone with a bow? I'm an awful shot, so no.
  29. Hipsters? Never met one.

I don't know how many points I earned, and neither do I care. I just wanted to do this quiz for fun.

Now if you'll excuse, I'll be leaving this NSFW cesspool thread now.