Men of Serenes Forest!

Ronnie

On 6/11/2018 at 9:36 PM, eclipse said:

Nope.  You're going to tell the ENTIRE WORLD why you feel that your negative opinion needs to be aired.

And if you can't do that, then keep it to yourself.  Freedom of expression is a government thing only.  SF is a private entity, and if you actually cared about it, you wouldn't be here in the first place.  The rules make it clear that certain types of speech is prohibited.

So, again.  Be realistic, or find somewhere that will tolerate your hyperbole.  I will not.

which is still not the point because i dont.

i wasnt talking about the first amendment, and im not sure what youre trying to say with that third statement.

ive been realistic and specific outside of one exaggeration which was used for effect. perhaps too well.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/6/2018 at 10:17 PM, Belisarius said:

still completely irrelevant

"do not be a dick" does not equate to sharing a negative opinion

hahahaha so edgy

22 hours ago, Belisarius said:

which is still not the point because i dont.

i wasnt talking about the first amendment, and im not sure what youre trying to say with that third statement.

ive been realistic and specific outside of one exaggeration which was used for effect. perhaps too well.

If you want the right to say whatever you want without consequence, go somewhere else.

Otherwise, watch your mouth.  That's not up for argument.

1 hour ago, Oz ♠ said:

Having an adorable Kirby avatar is a nice cop-out, too.

I don't see how that has any relevance to what I said, since I was talking about you, not him.

41 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

See now--none of this shit happened in the women's thread. 

They're smarter than us

I mean that is true no matter how you slice it

42 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

They're smarter than us

They know better than to be hyperbolic and argue. :P:

4 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

They're smarter than us

I'd like to point out that one of the parties in this argument (eclipse) is female, which throws your statement that "they (the women of SF) are smarter than us" into some doubt.

Lol. So steering clearing of adding to the topic, I'd like to ask a question about male clothing.

So if you just met someone for the first time, how much are you judged exactly on what you're wearing? Are we talking big enough/ important enough to be a deal breaker when aiming for things like friendship, dating, or etc? 

5 minutes ago, Tediz64 said:

Lol. So steering clearing of adding to the topic, I'd like to ask a question about male clothing.

So if you just met someone for the first time, how much are you judged exactly on what you're wearing? Are we talking big enough/ important enough to be a deal breaker when aiming for things like friendship, dating, or etc? 

As long as you aren't dressed like a slob or have pants falling off your butt, I'm not too picky about clothes.

In this Texas heat lately I've been using basketball shorts or swim shorts that go past my knees plus plain t-shirts (the kind you buy in pack of 5 with a little chest pocket and come in a variety of colors). I just hope people don't think I'm trashy or w/e but it's what is most comfortable in this weather

(Edit: I switch between short sleeves and sleeveless and the brand is Fruit of the Loom which I know is super generic/cheap)

Edited by Tediz64

Sleeves are generally a plus, a tank top isn't that flattering, since it both exposes your armpit hair, but also covers up your chest and abs.  A t-shirt and shorts is fine for the summer.

Shirt, monocolour nothing too fancy nor anything with a tacky pattern nor white or black(too formal) purple, blue or dark green are safe choices

Pants, monocolour blue or black, don't wear shorts even in summer(ya gotta make an effort fella) avoid anything baggy or too tight, look sharp include a subtle belt (blend in with the pants and avoid large buckles)

Hat don't wear one, you don't need one especially indoors, indoor hat guys look like douchebags Except a fez which can be used for a giggle and then promptly stored away, not to be seen again unless asked fo

Glasses just not shades (don't wear if you don't need them)

Shoes plain, monocolour and avoid clashing colours like lime green or luminous cyan(those shouldn't even be shoe colours anyway) 

Jacket, light but warm(in case the trope of draping your jacket on her shoulders cuz she's cold) plain colour smart and simple

Hair keep it clean and tidy, don't dye it something weird just for her that's creepy don't shave messages in it either

Overall don't use colours that are very bright and don't have too much contrast or be too matchy-matchy

(but what do I know I've been single LITERALLY all my life)

I had finished this when I remembered the thing was for first impressions and so:

Just wear whatever you feel suits you the most, what you see is what you get, don't hide who you are, you are a great and perfect individual and don't need to impress anybody(I sound like a cat poster)

So out of curiosity and other people's perspective, I'll ask a 3 part question.

Part 1. What is a friend?

Part 2. When do you consider someone a friend (give like an example. Like if some thing has to happen such as getting a drink together, visiting one another's home, taking a bullet for the other, etc)

Part 3. Part 1 and 2 but this time Best friend

14 hours ago, Tediz64 said:

"Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one." - C.S. Lewis

Part 2. When do you consider someone a friend (give like an example. Like if some thing has to happen such as getting a drink together, visiting one another's home, taking a bullet for the other, etc)

I consider a person a friend the moment I can start a conversation with them without any nudges or other coincidences, and when I can have a serious discussion with someone and they don't even attempt to back out.

Part 1: Someone who is more than an ally. They will help you in your greatest need, and will stay with you afterwards. They will sincerely say "don't think about it" because the trouble was just a distraction that kept you two (or more. Friendship likes to add more members) from talking or "'hanging out".

Part 2: Whenever the scenario above occurs.

23 hours ago, Tediz64 said:

friend
frɛnd/
noun
  1. 1. 
    a person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically one exclusive of sexual or family relations.
    "she's a friend of mine"
    synonyms: companionboon companionbosom friendbest friend, close friend, intimate, confidante, confidantfamiliar, soul mate, alter ego, second self, shadowplaymateplayfellowclassmateschoolmateworkmateallycomradeassociateMore

2. 2. 
    a member of the Religious Society of Friends; a Quaker.
verb
  1. 1. 
    informal
    add (someone) to a list of friends or contacts on a social networking website.
    "I am friended by 29 people who I have not friended back"
  2. 2. 
    archaic
    befriend (someone).

When one has formed a bond of mutual affection, typically one exclusive of sexual or family relations or when they have joined the Religious Society of Friends

best friend
noun
  1. a person's closest friend.
    "Michael was Frank's best friend"

I'm asking because sometimes I dunno if I'm being too hasty and assigning that word to people I like but maybe don't think of me the same way. So I wanted to know if there is some rite of passage or maybe some signal you can tell you reached that level. Sounds like you're being condescending. Just a little bit. @Pengaius

Edited by Tediz64