Men of Serenes Forest!

Ronnie

6 hours ago, Pengaius said:

So if you guys woke up as a woman one day, what's the SECOND thing you'd do

Well, I'd probably freak out first, so I'd explore my new body.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/19/2018 at 5:37 PM, Tediz64 said:

That was a hilarious little chart. We should post more like that. 

Do I see a challenge to explore the deepest realms of xkcd and find and post as many flowcharts as I can?

l5yEq1.gif

CONSIDER THAT CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

flowcharts.png

flow_charts.png

tech_support_cheat_sheet.png

profile_flowchart.jpg

optimization.pngmeteorite_identification.png90s_flowchart.pnglearning_to_cook.pnggood_code.png

tech_loops.pngna.png

watson_medical_algorithm.png

map_age_guide.png

Okay, I'll have to stop. I'm laughing so hard at the moment I can't continue on.

Edited by Hawkwing

7 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Wonder were my beard went, question how the heck I'm supposed to go to the bathroom, scream, go back to bed (and hope this is a nightmare), or realize that I'm in this situation for some of my shirts and pants:

tumblr_nqqel4KWPy1u9itazo2_500.png

Panne and Yarne aren't wearing pants in the actual game, by the way. I hope you brought some brain bleach.

3 hours ago, Alistair said:

Opinions on polos?

I've never seen the sport, but after looking it up, I'm legitimately interested in watching it now. It seems pretty unique.

Never heard of the dance, although I should probably listen to it sometime.

The shirt is okay. I tend to wear more casual clothing most of the time, but I won't complain if I had to wear one. Then again, I don't really care about what I'm wearing, as long as it's modest, practical, and inoffensive.

Edited by Hawkwing

12 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

I've never seen the sport, but after looking it up, I'm legitimately interested in watching it now. It seems pretty unique.

Here is an article on it that I felt was rather good.

http://archive.aramcoworld.com/issue/201304/polo.game.of.kings.htm

12 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Panne and Yarne aren't wearing pants in the actual game, by the way. I hope you brought some brain bleach.

Well they have plentiful hair down there, which apparently works to explain this away. The same logic is used in Radiant Historia with Aht (but strangely not Gafka the big burly ape-humanoid).

Image result for radiant historia ahtImage result for radiant historia aht

6 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

There's a prominent LGBT bar in Philadelphia called Woody's. Its the place to be for casual gay and lesbian hookups.

The second thing I'm doing if I wake up as a woman is going to Woody's. 

so what's the first thing you'll be checking out?

8 hours ago, Pengaius said:

touch my tits.

@Hawkwing So i loved cooking flow chart and the flow chart with understanding how flow charts work xD that was funny as shit

@ ALL GUYS answering the being turned into a girl question. So i was asked/told by a girl "you know if you're a girl that means you'll be the one getting something shoved inside you. since your a guy doesn't that make you gay?" ....i dunno how to respond. At first i was like "no because at the moment i'm in a girl's body" but then she said "but you'll still remember it when you turn back into a guy" and then i was just stumped. So does that mean if you try doing it regularly as a girl with a guy instead of Girl x Girl does that mean your swing both ways or something? I'm confused. Logic would dictate (based off science and biology) that you're still heterosexual because you never had same sex intercourse. Well except the part trying out the with another girl. But are we going based off the assumption that we will stay a girl indefinitely or turn back? *(realizes he is making this topic more serious than it was intended to be)*

51 minutes ago, Tediz64 said:

@ ALL GUYS answering the being turned into a girl question. So i was asked/told by a girl "you know if you're a girl that means you'll be the one getting something shoved inside you. since your a guy doesn't that make you gay?" ....i dunno how to respond. At first i was like "no because at the moment i'm in a girl's body" but then she said "but you'll still remember it when you turn back into a guy" and then i was just stumped. So does that mean if you try doing it regularly as a girl with a guy instead of Girl x Girl does that mean your swing both ways or something? I'm confused. Logic would dictate (based off science and biology) that you're still heterosexual because you never had same sex intercourse. Well except the part trying out the with another girl. But are we going based off the assumption that we will stay a girl indefinitely or turn back? *(realizes he is making this topic more serious than it was intended to be)*

Why would you actively seek out a guy in the first place? Why not be lesbian instead?

The question here is what would be the thing that most indicated heterosexuality?

• A literal interpretation would say to be as hetero as possible, you would have to go for the guy.
  • However, if we base things on who you are attracted to and you know your body swap is a temporary state of being, then deep down you are still a cisgender male attracted to females. And therefore to "prove" your heterosexuality, you would go for the girl instead, the difference in plumbing being a superficial matter.
  • If you happen to be stuck in your new female form forever, which needn't be the case in the day and age of reassignment surgery (although that would make you transgender as opposed to cisgender), and you accepted this permanent change, you would realize that now you are a lesbian unless you go for guys.
  • Unless you declared male to be your gender still! The gender-sex divide complicates things here. You could have female anatomy and still consider yourself transgender male even without the changed anatomy. In this case, I guess you be straight if you went for women. The bigger question to me is what would the woman you're having sex with be? How much does that plumbing compared to gender determine sexual preferences?

... jeez this escalated quickly

i for one would utilise my new form to make strangers un/overly comfortable in public places, as for the gender sexuality, blah blah blah, I'd just do what(read who) felt natural to do I suppose (if I felt any need at all)

hello men of serenes

i come with a query

who do would you fuck, marry, kill.

all of them are assumed to be in their prime.

Rosario Dawson, Ming-Na Wen, France Gall

8 hours ago, Czarpy said:

hello men of serenes

i come with a query

Rosario Dawson, Ming-Na Wen, France Gall

nope, nope, nope

Oh and take this stuff to 4chan I guess

21 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

There's a prominent LGBT bar in Philadelphia called Woody's. Its the place to be for casual gay and lesbian hookups.

The second thing I'm doing if I wake up as a woman is going to Woody's. 

I take it that your wife would be alright with that?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I take it that your wife would be alright with that?

absolutely not

In this theoretical world where I could be turned into a woman, lets assume so

Edited by Shoblongoo

On 6/19/2018 at 6:33 PM, DisobeyedCargo said:

eclipse won't get naked  

...you know I have this mental image of eclipse as a cocky faced, pink-haired anime girl.

And seeing her as anything else at this point would just ruin it. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

On 6/20/2018 at 5:27 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well they have plentiful hair down there, which apparently works to explain this away. The same logic is used in Radiant Historia with Aht (but strangely not Gafka the big burly ape-humanoid).

Spoiler

I know. It's just that when I realized that they're technically buck-naked, it was a moment of great horror, humor, nearly puking, and much application of brain bleach. Even more so when I realized that Yarne's longer fur was probably something that male Taguels had to remain modest by covering up their... uh...

...I'm going to go take a walk now. Despite the fact that it's raining outside.

Needless to say, I've been patiently waiting in vain for an update to Awakeing that adds customization clothing options (as well as a built-in randomizer, although that's not relevant at the moment), if only to give most of the female cast pants in order to stop my mind from questioning why their obviously unprotected legs haven't been chopped off yet.

Speak of those pictures, I'm not sure if... Aht (is that her name, or her species?)... is wearing a dangerously short skirt, or if that's part of her fur, and being honest, I don't want to think about it too hard.

On 6/20/2018 at 6:53 PM, Tediz64 said:

@Hawkwing So i loved cooking flow chart and the flow chart with understanding how flow charts work xD that was funny as shit

I actually had to stop searching because I was laughing so hard. I'm pretty certain that I didn't even get all of them.

Edited by Hawkwing

4 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

...you know I have this mental image of eclipse as a cocky faced, pink-haired anime girl.

So she's the chick from PuffyPuffyAmiYumi?

5 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

I get this. Those who keep their avis the same for a long enough you kind of inevitably associate their true selves with the avis as strange as it is. Sometimes its better to see people only with their masks on, not because they are ugly without them (I'm sure Eclipse looks perfectly fine for one), but because you just don't want to see their ordinary self.

It's like with actors and actresses, sometimes you only want to know them in the personae of a certain role, and seeing interviews where they show their self IRL outside of that personae kind of detracts from your appreciation of them in the personae because you can't just separate the two.

4 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Speak of those pictures, I'm not sure if... Aht (is that her name, or her species?)... is wearing a dangerously short skirt, or if that's part of her fur, and being honest, I don't want to thing about it too hard.

It isn't bad in the actual game. I didn't notice Aht was pantsless until somebody pointed out online and then looked at the full artwork. You only see the top half of her official artwork in conversations with the text box blocking the lower half. The sprites too aren't so detailed as to be able to really show the pantlessness either.

The other members of her race the Satyros- Satyrs- include her uncle and his lady companion (not wife- just fellow traveling entertainer). The uncle wears a skirt with a longcloth over his hairy, hoofed legs. The grown woman on the other hand, just a long loincloth over her's, which is still more than Aht has. *Sigh* Japan, Japan, Japan.

And to add to the litany of issues that Awakening's Taguels have, I don't like how they get on all fours before transforming. It seems so.... rudimentary, crude, in a way stupid, and in another a way to give people a picture of Panne in a potentially compromising pose. Their inspiration the Laguz never did that. They would strike a pose in gameplay- some movement of the head and arms, typically like they were about to take a deep breath and roar, at most they did a backflip. In the cinematic sequences, they could shift while moving with varying degrees of speed, Caineghis doing it slowly transitioning from a running lion to a walking humanoid, Tibarn falling and shifting completely instantaneously. Why the Manaketes in Awakening don't do such a silly as the Taguels either! I don't think that even the Kitsune and Wolfskin in Fates did that.

22 hours ago, Mister Rogers said:

The sad realization that dawns when you come to when you realize that this doesn't mean video game characters and you can't name anybody real.:blink: :o::cry::sob:

18 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It isn't bad in the actual game. I didn't notice Aht was pantsless until somebody pointed out online and then looked at the full artwork. You only see the top half of her official artwork in conversations with the text box blocking the lower half. The sprites too aren't so detailed as to be able to really show the pantlessness either.

I didn't notice that Panne didn't have pants until months after I had the game. Although in her case, her human model as a Taguel rarely shows up, her other classes have her wearing pants or a... dress? Blouse? Whatever the heck female wyvren riders (and griffon riders, but no one ever uses them) wear? And like Aht, her portrait only covers the upper half of her body. I think I was just having the odd thought of how having a tail must affect Panne's shorts, then put two and two together, and then wanted brain bleach and a walk.

The other members of her race the Satyros- Satyrs- include her uncle and his lady companion (not wife- just fellow traveling entertainer). The uncle wears a skirt with a longcloth over his hairy, hoofed legs. The grown woman on the other hand, just a long loincloth over her's, which is still more than Aht has. *Sigh* Japan, Japan, Japan.

I take it pants don't exist in that world, or maybe they're just impractical for Satyrs. I mean, maybe Aht is wearing a stupidly short skirt, although that looks like fur? As I said, I don't want to think too deeply on it.

And to add to the litany of issues that Awakening's Taguels have, I don't like how they get on all fours before transforming. It seems so.... rudimentary, crude, in a way stupid, and in another a way to give people a picture of Panne in a potentially compromising pose. Their inspiration the Laguz never did that. They would strike a pose in gameplay- some movement of the head and arms, typically like they were about to take a deep breath and roar, at most they did a backflip. In the cinematic sequences, they could shift while moving with varying degrees of speed, Caineghis doing it slowly transitioning from a running lion to a walking humanoid, Tibarn falling and shifting completely instantaneously. Why the Manaketes in Awakening don't do such a silly as the Taguels either! I don't think that even the Kitsune and Wolfskin in Fates did that.

I'm going to take a guess that it was easier to animate, or maybe they tried to make it similar to the Laguz movements, but decided it didn't look good. Or they wanted to emulate the feeling of rabbits? I'm grasping at straws here, but I haven't played the Tellius games (when will Nintendo and IS realize they could make a quick buck remastering those games?) so I can't make comparisons. Although the Manakete seem to... be engulfed in a giant flower, and then burst from it? That doesn't make much more sense, so lets just say that Awakenings transformations were overall nonsensical.

On a side note, I ironically and unironically enjoy the Taguel:

Ironically, because they're essentially giant bunnies wrecking the enemy, have poor worldbuilding (seriously, the most we learn about them is they have good hearing, live in warrens, and were hunted to extinction for some reason), are hilariously out of place, and their minimal clothing almost makes Camilla look modest.

Unironically, because I enjoy shapeshifters in general, I find a legitimate use for the class (they ignore the weapon triangle, their stats are actually pretty good, and they're easy to reclass when they start to fall behind, as their Taguel bonus is useful, but they don't rely on it (unlike Nowi and occasionally Nah. Seriously, why do they (or at least, Nowi) have stats in the single digits?)), and after playing Lugaru, seeing another rabbit warrior is ridiculous yet awesome. That, and Panne is my favorite female character from Awakening. I like serious characters that can have humorous moments while still maintaining their dignity, and I also like how her supports can either be read as her not trusting humans yet, or her just being anti-social (even if she can be an uncalled for jerk at times).

I would say that overall, I like the Taguel because they're enjoyably ridiculous, but I can still take several aspects of them seriously. I know that my opinion of them would most definitely change once I finally play Tellius (when Nintendo/IS finally remasters them, that is) and see what the Laguz are like.

...This is a completely random thought, but wouldn't an abandoned Taugel Warren be an interesting idea for a level? Even if it only appeared once, they could do a lot of visual worldbuilding in a single scene. Having the enemies be Taguel hunters could also be interesting, as  then we'd get an idea of how exactly one would go about hunting/capturing a giant shape-shifting bunny.

Edited by Hawkwing

2 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

...This is a completely random thought, but wouldn't an abandoned Taugel Warren be an interesting idea for a level? Even if it only appeared once, they could do a lot of visual worldbuilding in a single scene. Having the enemies be Taguel hunters could also be interesting, as  then we'd get an idea of how exactly one would go about hunting/capturing a giant shape-shifting bunny.

Given all the Taguel save Panne and son are dead, well that should be a lot of souls, many probably yearning for revenge against humanity. Oh Grimaaaaaaa found some allies for you! Just use a pinch of black magic to put some meat on their decaying bones and they'll hop right to eradicating mankind. Sounds like another potential battle idea.

I do wish the Taguel had more weapons in Awakening, like a Killerstone and Bravestone, just to give them a bit of the weapon variety otherwise hogged by other classes. Fates was onto something with the Beastrune and Beaststone giving different stat bonuses.

8 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

That, and Panne is my favorite female character from Awakening. I like serious characters that can have humorous moments while still maintaining their dignity, and I also like how her supports can either be read as her not trusting humans yet, or her just being anti-social (even if she can be an uncalled for jerk at times).

I would say that overall, I like the Taguel because they're enjoyably ridiculous, but I can still take several aspects of them seriously. I know that my opinion of them would most definitely change once I finally play Tellius (when Nintendo/IS finally remasters them, that is) and see what the Laguz are like.

Not to build up any hype or expectations, but I remember during your interview you said you liked Stahl, so you might like Ranulf. He is also known for being a generally nice guy. Serious when the situation calls for it, he can at other times crack a joke, complain (for good reasons), or be a little playful. He isn't the strongest guy around and he knows it, but nonetheless he is willing to give it his all. 

Given all the Taguel save Panne and son are dead, well that should be a lot of souls, many probably yearning for revenge against humanity. Oh Grimaaaaaaa found some allies for you! Just use a pinch of black magic to put some meat on their decaying bones and they'll hop right to eradicating mankind. Sounds like another potential battle idea.

Taguel zombies are something I did not realize I needed in my life. It would be interesting to see whether they would work with the risen, or if they would just attack everyone. I always thought that a Mêlée à Trois level would work well in a Fire Emblem game.

And an underground level by itself doesn't sound that interesting, but an underground city could work wonders, especially if they add little details to the map and background to aid with the worldbuilding.

I do wish the Taguel had more weapons in Awakening, like a Killerstone and Bravestone, just to give them a bit of the weapon variety otherwise hogged by other classes. Fates was onto something with the Beastrune and Beaststone giving different stat bonuses.

I wonder about that too, although I really wish that both Taguels and Manaketes had promotions. They have a bad tenancy to fall behind the rest of your units as the game progresses, and usually the best/only way to circumvent this is through reclassing. Panne and Yarne have the stats for it, but Nowi... what was the thought process behind her starting stats again?

Not to build up any hype or expectations, but I remember during your interview you said you liked Stahl, so you might like Ranulf. He is also known for being a generally nice guy. Serious when the situation calls for it, he can at other times crack a joke, complain (for good reasons), or be a little playful. He isn't the strongest guy around and he knows it, but nonetheless he is willing to give it his all. 

Thanks for the heads-up. It'll probably be a long time until I even see a Tellius game, but I'll keep a look out for him. I'm (generally) good at keeping my hype and expectations in check.

33 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

but Nowi... what was the thought process behind her starting stats again?

Well if you look back at all three of the other loliketes before her: FE1/11&3/12 Tiki, Fae, and Myrrh, they all have really bad bases, which are compensated for with extraordinarily high growths exceeding what practically anyone else has (although these are restricted by not being able to promote) and massive Dragonstone stat boosts- more so Myrrh and Fae than Tiki. They're weak little girls, but carry incredible power in the palm of their hands and have great potential inside them, as in lore, so in gameplay.

Nowi has low bases and starting level, like the prior loliketes, and when you add all her growths together, it adds up to 360- higher than anyone else not Donnel with Aptitude, and Nah. Manakete also adds the most in total growths out of all the classes. So although they aren't mind-bogglingly higher like Fae's 600 and Myrrh's 580, Nowi's are still on the higher side.

If Nowi has an issue, it is that the reduced Dragonstone stat boosts and power, combined with Awakening's stat inflation, make her not as outstanding at base nor with levels. Whereas Manakete was a special class with rare and limited weapons in the older games which you fielded reservedly, Manakete in Awakening has been made into a more "normal" class, resulting in the awesome power only truly restrained by limited Dragonstone uses being curtailed for balance's sake. Not useless at all, they just aren't as special now as they used to be.

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:

And an underground level by itself doesn't sound that interesting, but an underground city could work wonders, especially if they add little details to the map and background to aid with the worldbuilding.

And they could use tunnels like the stairways in several of Fates's maps. Less in the getting from room to room approach, as moving to different sides of the same room I'd want.

I'm always up for more worldbuilding. Something as simple as cave murals depicting celebrated aspects of Taguel life and myth would help.

I should not have strayed too far into the forest. I barely did shit today at work reading this thread. There is so much interesting things going on here. This is my third time typing my response too, since my phone keeps deleting what I wrote at work when I move on to the next page.

— — — — — — —

I would go with boxers, but if I had the choice, I would go with basketball shorts instead. Basketball shorts are so much roomier than boxers. I do wear boxers too since I only have a few basketball shorts, although occasionally I do rewear basketball shorts the next day.

If I am wearing basketball shorts as an outer garment as it was intended... I will just say that I really like the breezy feeling down there. Ideally, I want to feel even more breezy and feel all that breeziness all over my body, but I do not want to go to jail.

I do not have any embarrassing basketball shorts or boxers, but I still might have some man-panties (I am not sure what they are called, just "underwear" with no adjectives?) lying around somewhere in my drawer back when I was a kid.

— — — — — — —
I put the middle parts in spoilers since it got kind of long.

Spoiler

— — — — — — —

On 3/29/2018 at 10:35 AM, Shoblongoo said:

...you sir just lost 2 man points...

Image result for manliness checklist

I smoke cigars.

Got hairy chest, back, stomach, and butt. (Does that count as two points?)

I cooked meat on campfire.

I had oral with two chicks at the same time, but no banging though, so I am not sure if that counts.

So I got 4 or 8, I guess I will have to leave...

On 3/29/2018 at 8:01 PM, Shoblongoo said:

Alright. Here's one you can't cheese with a red neck and a blue color, and that doesn't exclude the gays. (you've actually got a bit of an advantage this time)

Image result for time for all the naughty things you've done

If I did my math right, the  highest possible score is an 84.

2 - 69
2 - Anal (As a dude, does receiving it count?)
3 - Oral
2 - Shower
2 - Lights on
1 - Dark
2 - Toys
4 - Friend
5 - Stranger
4 - Threesome
5 - Offlimits
3 - Own Toys
1 - Watch Porn
5 - Unusual Fetishes (See below.)

I got 41. That is a much better score, although that is only like half the points.

— — — — — — —

On 4/9/2018 at 10:45 AM, Shoblongoo said:

Thread is too quiet. Injecting nonsense.

Image may contain: text

I pissed on a creme egg for good luck. I'm not sure why.

"I cuddled an old cat while watching porn." This is what was supposed to be written if I was writing this earlier.

"I cuddled an old cat because I am horny." This is now.

My cat is not old, but the sentences sort of describe a fetish. I sometimes like to sniff my cat during my... alone time... since it gives me a little high (ASMR), and the extra sensation enhances the pleasure from... um... the action on screen and off screen.

— — — — — — —

On 4/16/2018 at 7:09 PM, Charmeleonbrah said:

*drunken shitpost*

We all know what will bring back the traffic...post your peen size in this thread. 

5 Inches

I measured from the bottom.

— — — — — — —

On 4/19/2018 at 7:55 AM, Shoblongoo said:

Screw it. Lets make our own test.

+100
You cannot get any manlier than tasting your own... um... fluids.

— — — — — — —

On 4/20/2018 at 11:46 AM, Nobody said:

When a bro gives a blow job to another bro when one or more of the bros is experiencing a dry spell. Usually the phrase "no homo" is said beforehand to assert heterosexuality.

Damn. That is taking bromance to a whole new level. The furthest I would go is to slap my bros' butt cheeks and grab their junk, and that is with their pants between my hands and their body.

— — — — — — —

On 6/11/2018 at 7:21 AM, Shoblongoo said:

Alright...lets make it weird again...

CHALLENGE

• Walk into a Walmart
  • Buy any 3 Items in the store
  • 3 items exactly; no more, no less
  • Your goal is to make the cashier as uncomfortable as possible when you check out

What do you buy???

Two packs of laxatives and one cup.

— — — — — — —

On 6/15/2018 at 10:12 PM, Tediz64 said:

So if you just met someone for the first time, how much are you judged exactly on what you're wearing? Are we talking big enough/ important enough to be a deal breaker when aiming for things like friendship, dating, or etc? 

I personally do not care what the other person wears.

On the flip side, as a person who would rather feel the breeze on his skin than the clothes on his back, I wish society would not be so tyrannical and imprison me in all sorts of fabrics.

— — — — — — —

On 6/16/2018 at 8:28 PM, Tediz64 said:

So out of curiosity and other people's perspective, I'll ask a 3 part question.

Part 1. What is a friend?

Part 2. When do you consider someone a friend (give like an example. Like if some thing has to happen such as getting a drink together, visiting one another's home, taking a bullet for the other, etc)

Part 3. Part 1 and 2 but this time Best friend

1. I prefer the term acquaintance. Just do not tell my acquaintances that I label them as such instead of as friends. I think the term friend should be reserved for people who are special, just as you would for terms likes spouses.

2. If I can find common ground with a person and get along, I would consider them an acquaintance, or "friend" in this case.

3. A friend is a person who will stick their neck out for me (figuratively of course, I do not want them to actually die in my place). They might not be able to financially help me as much as I can for them, but they show their appreciation in other ways and take the time to be there for me when I need them. Basically, I consider them almost like a non-blood related family.

3.5. When I feel comfortable to scream the word "penis" repeatedly, spontaneously, and frequently in front of a person, then I consider that person a friend.

— — — — — — —

On 6/20/2018 at 6:34 AM, Pengaius said:

Probably pissing. I notice girls generally like to go to the bathroom after playtime.

5 hours ago, LordOTaco said:

neither free-ballin it

I wish I can do that in my work pants and regular shorts, but I am on the hairy side, so it is kind of painful when my hairs get caught in my the zippers.

Or even better, I wish au naturel is not so frowned upon. Saves me money and the planet.

On 6/20/2018 at 4:52 PM, Hawkwing said:

map_age_guide.png

this ones pretty great

On 6/20/2018 at 9:34 AM, Pengaius said:

im curious what you think the first thing wed do is