Men of Serenes Forest!

Ronnie

2 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Well I think I'd like to change topic,

So what's your favourite dinner, I like Spaghetti Bolognaise (and I find it weird that it's a beef dish)

My favorite food is corn off cob, preferably the very sweet ones, drowning in butter.

If you mean like a dish or entrée, I would go with beef stew, clam/seafood chowder (the chunky, stewish ones), or gumbo. I think I lean towards gumbo more, especially my own gumbo. Beef stew and chowders are nice, but with gumbo, not only can you add beef and clams, I add in every tasty protein I can think of (chicken, turkey, pork, bacon, shrimp, crab, scallops, tilapia, etc.) and a good variety of vegetables. It is like eating a buffet but all in one dish. If other people are not eating my gumbo, I would put 10+ habanero peppers in to give it a good kick.

2 hours ago, Alistair said:

Because of course the men would talk about their shits.

My favorite dinner is white rice and salmon.

Maybe I should have said chocolate rain as my favorite food.

2 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

blatant honesty

I like to be free. Filtering myself is like wearing clothes.

2 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

describes certain things that people are, well, too afraid to describe.

No shame, no pain.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

I like to be free. Filtering myself is like wearing clothes.

No shame, no pain.

Yeah but I think there is a difference between being unfiltered/being blatant and knowing the right time and place.

There is also being appropriate. There are something things that aren't acceptable in society. Take for example talking to your own mother in detail about sex and the positions you do with you partners. It isn't appropriate. It for sure isn't being blatantly honest or unfiltered. It is just down right wrong. Some things are worth saying bluntly but others are better off left unsaid. Hence why they invented words like crude, vulgar, gross, obscene, and etc as a characteristic to describe a person.

But I digress. I'm not going to lecture or scold anyone around here. I probably have the most to answer for so I'll just shut my trap. 

55 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

*ahegao face*

That is my favorite kind of face. Maybe I should make that face from now on in photos.

I wonder if there is an emoticon for that.

(♡Д♡)

Hm... Looks close enough.

Just heard this joke today :XD:

The CEOs of Budweiser, Miller, Coors, and Guinness are out drinking together.

• The CEO of Budweiser orders a Bud Light.
  • The CEO of Miller orders a Miller Light.
  • The CEO of Coors orders a Coors light.
  • The CEO of Guinness orders a other Coke.

The other other three CEOs ask him why he didn't order a Guinness. 

He replies: "If you guys aren't drinking beer then neither will I." 

17 hours ago, XRay said:

That is my favorite kind of face. Maybe I should make that face from now on in photos.

I wonder if there is an emoticon for that.

(♡Д♡)

Hm... Looks close enough.

oh no you've fallen.

2 hours ago, Mister Rogers said:

oh no you've fallen.

I cannot fall if I am already down in the gutter.

Well, on the topic of alcohol jokes, here's a good one

A man walks into a Russian bar and sits down on a stool. The bartender says to him “What are you having to drink comrade?", to which he replies “a shot of vodka please" 

Now the man swivels on his chair and looks around at the bar, a small, shabby but cosy little place. In the corner he sees the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen in his life. As the bartender returns with the mans drink, the man asks the bartender who the woman is. To which the bartender replies ”She is the daughter of the Russian embassador. Pretty, no?" So the man downs his drink to work up the courage to go and talk to her. He makes three steps before he falls over and dies of liver failure. The End

Some chicken adobo (Philippine, not Mexican) would go well with that vodka. I'm pretty sure @Mister Rogers has had this during his stint down south in these here islands. He'll swear by it, and drink to that with a discount Jagerbomb.

adobo1.jpg

So, remember when I said that my absence last week may have slowed down production at my workplace on the day I was gone? Well, it was joked (in good fun) by the group of people that I work with that I was the most “productive” person among them, as I rarely/never spoke and instead just focused on completing the task at hand. I laughed along with them, but after last Friday… Well, I'm concerned that it may not entirely be a joke.

It was the first time I worked on the bagging machine (I work at a packaging plant. It's a good summer job until college starts up again in the fall.) where I checked to see if the parts were correct, fixed any mistakes, and put a small bucket of parts into a bag and then used the machine to seal it.

Last Friday, two or four people left after lunch. I believe the company knew that they were going to be absent that day, as they asked several people to work at different tables ahead of time. The table I worked at only had one to two people present at most, and we were lucky if there was a third person that had some time to spare to help us. Despite this, we still managed to do our job at a lightning pace, to the point I had to work alongside my coworkers at the table, grabbing the parts and putting them in a bucket, as I did my job as a bagger so quickly. I was told afterwards that I worked surprisingly fast, and that we had the fewest amount of mistakes in a while.

I honestly don’t know what to make of this. And to be very clear, this isn’t me dissing on my teammates. They’re a talkative and quirky bunch, but lazy and incompetent are the very last words I would use to describe them. I… just didn’t think that I contributed that much at my job.

Granted, the next week was a bit of a humbling process for the pride that wasn’t there (although I wouldn’t be surprised if it pulled out some weeds before they had started to grown), as I was asked to work at a different table as a bagger, and I had to deal with an inconsistent scale (well, one that was so specific and had such a wide margin of error that I wasn’t comfortable relying on it. The fact that some of the buckets had minor but noticeable weight differences, and the fan we couldn’t move affected the measurements, didn’t help), meaning I had to count the parts by hand, as well as having to replace the bags when they ran out once, even if I had help for that one. I worked at a considerably slower pace compared to last week, and I never got to the point where I had the time to spare to work alongside my teammates, but still, there were times when I worked at a surprisingly quick pace, and even matched the “bags per minute” rate that I had last Friday.

As I said, I don’t know what to think or feel about this; The sense that I actually contribute more that I thought I did to the overall work effort. I’m not entirely certain why I wanted to share this, but I guess I just want some thoughts on the matter.

4 hours ago, Karimlan said:

Some chicken adobo (Philippine, not Mexican) would go well with that vodka. I'm pretty sure @Mister Rogers has had this during his stint down south in these here islands. He'll swear by it, and drink to that with a discount Jagerbomb.

adobo1.jpg

oh yeah that's some good shit.

i love humba too, with a bottle of red horse.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

I cannot fall if I am already down in the gutter.

you play a gacha game. it's too late

1 hour ago, Excellen Browning said:

So, to stay in the spirit of things that go in the toilet:

choice quote:

"some nice appetizing pee foam"

Oh yeah. That is it. I love it when things get hot and nasty.

(♡Д♡)

15 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Andddddddddd that's how they make Bud Light:lol::lol::lol:

The first beer that came to my mind was Guinness. Tried the dark beer once and I did not like it.

3 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

y'all r gross

Most guys know how to appreciate toilet humor.

3 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I know, right?

I guess you are not part of the stereotype.