What do you think is the best battle theme in the series?

DisobeyedCargo

BW2's World Tournament Finale Battle theme. Although the Sun & Moon Elite 4 theme's intro is haunting.

Also shout out to the glory that is Pokemon Colosseum and XD's soundtrack.

Team Galactic Battle, no contest. And Smash only made it even MORE awesome.

Runner-up would be Cynthia's battle theme and I just found that it's ALSO in Smash! I seriously didn't know until now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwgttSopGsM

Edited by Anacybele

I thought about jumping on the coloseum hype train, but I can't really decide which I like best out of the normal battle, coloseum semifinal, and cipher peon.

So I'll go with the Pokemon Stadium Semifinal themes.

It's just so satisfing to get to the second music change in all the tournaments. The finals for me aren't quite as impressive, mostly because I kind of feel like battle 4-6 is the serious hump in most of R2's tournaments.  Trainer 6 Petit and Trainer 5 Pika are way  more random and inconsistent than the boss for example. It's a huge relief for me to finally get through to the new music.

I'd probbaby take the Prime Cup semifinal as my favorite of them because you can realistically get to it multiple times in your life as it stands out due to not being a remix of normal RBY battle music. I think it's based on one of the route themes instead, but it works surprisingly well as a battle theme, and is probbably one of the only (non-petit) battle themes that are slightly calm instead of super intense.

That is a really tough choice, man...

I guess it's a toss-up between Colress and Guzma for me. But it's a really tough decision to make, both choosing between the two and choosing which two are in the tie.

Special mention to that theme you probably only heard for about 15 seconds in game as well as that song you've either never heard or still can't believe exists.

10 minutes ago, Emerson said:

That is a really tough choice, man...

I guess it's a toss-up between Colress and Guzma for me. But it's a really tough decision to make, both choosing between the two and choosing which two are in the tie.

Special mention to that theme you probably only heard for about 15 seconds in game as well as that song you've either never heard or still can't believe exists.

HOLY SHIT THAT SECOND ONE IS AWESOME!!!

I have a soft spot for the Hoenn generic trainer battle theme. It's very upbeat and captures the spirit of battle, but has parts that say "hey, don't let your guard down, this isn't as easy as it looks".

A discussion about best battle themes in the Pokemon series without Steven's battle theme.

This track is packed to the brim with intensity and grandness that captures what a champion battle is all about. The moment 0:33 kicks in during the song always gives me chills. Definitely my favorite battle track in all of Pokemon.

I also think Lusamine's battle theme also deserves a special mention. It has the perfect mix of creepy, epic, and sinister tones that really captures Lusamine's character.

20 minutes ago, Erureido said:

A discussion about best battle themes in the Pokemon series without Steven's battle theme.

This track is packed to the brim with intensity and grandness that captures what a champion battle is all about. The moment 0:33 kicks in during the song always gives me chills. Definitely my favorite battle track in all of Pokemon.

I also think Lusamine's battle theme also deserves a special mention. It has the perfect mix of creepy, epic, and sinister tones that really captures Lusamine's character.

Oh yeah Stevens battle theme. Overall it's my favorite champion theme 

Oooof that's hard. I love "Battle! Zinnia" from ORAS, "Battle! Champion Cynthia" from DPP and the "Trainer Battle" theme from Colosseum. Oh, oh oh and "Battle! Lusamine" from S/M... I like a lot... I can't decide on just one, haha. (Okay if I had to it would be "Battle! Zinnia" who am I kidding)

6 minutes ago, SuperIb said:

Oooof that's hard. I love "Battle! Zinnia" from ORAS, "Battle! Champion Cynthia" from DPP and the "Trainer Battle" theme from Colosseum. Oh, oh oh and "Battle! Lusamine" from S/M... I like a lot... I can't decide on just one, haha. (Okay if I had to it would be "Battle! Zinnia" who am I kidding)

I'm pretty sure Battle! Zinnia is in everyone's top 5