1. 1. Underwear

• Briefs
    • Thongs
    • Boyshorts
  2. 2. Bras

• Underwire
    • Pushup
    • Sports

I hate the underwire bras, but like sports bras are only convenient when I'm being active.  The one's without an underwire are the best for sure.

15 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

(whistles at a medium low volume)

might as well ask

Ladies, why do you like to take up 90% of the bed when you share it with someone

Maybe that's just the girls you know, because I curl up in a ball and take up maybe 10% of the bed if that.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

>>>Sees "Thongs" answer-choice is empty
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Leaves

I find them uncomfortable and I'd rather not increase my chance of getting a UTI.  And judging by responses so far, I see my fellow girls feel the same way.

I've always just wanted to know what the purpose of itty bitty shirt pockets are meant for. You can only fit like, one quarter, in it. I know it's not quite on topic, but sometimes, fashion just confuses me.

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

>>>Sees "Thongs" answer-choice is empty
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Leaves

Never worn them but they look like they'd do nothing but cause a major wedgie.

Briefs and bras without wires are the way to go for me. Sport bras don't give enough support for me and underwire bras constantly feel like they're digging into me, so I can't stand wearing them. I occasionally wear boy shorts, but usually it's only when I have to do laundry and that's the only thing I have left lmao. I have tried thongs before, but it's extremely uncomfortable. I'd rather pick something that's comfy over something that looks cute but is painful to wear. 

5 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I like to feel all bundled in, and I don't even notice I'm wearing a bra.  I've tried taking it off at home when I'm just hanging around, but my chest starts to ache.  Sleeping without one seems okay now, though, since I'm lying down. :^_^:

that's why I never understood the "women hate wearing bras they would love to just take it off and go without it all day" thing

like..... without the support your boobs just start to ache and I feel so uncomfortable when I'm not wearing a bra for even a couple minutes

but like I guess some boobs just manage to work fine without support. I definitely can't go without it though

Edited by Freohr Datia

33 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Never worn them but they look like they'd do nothing but cause a major wedgie.

Can confirm that they do.  I have tried them. :wacko:  Never again.

9 minutes ago, Freohr Datia said:

that's why I never understood the "women hate wearing bras they would love to just take it off and go without it all day" thing

Totally feel ya on that one!  I love my bras.  :wub:  

1 hour ago, anniec8711 said:

I find them uncomfortable

58 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

they look like they'd do nothing but cause a major wedgie.

44 minutes ago, ashlyn said:

I have tried thongs before, but it's extremely uncomfortable. 

12 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I have tried them. :wacko:  Never again.

Yeah--girls definitely got the worse end of the "nice to look at; horrendously uncomfortable to wear" deal. 

At least with underwear you have the sense to go oh HELL No!!!

meanwhile...

Every girl I know owns a pair of high heels, for gowns and formalwear. And you know they murder your feet. And you can't walk in them. And you take them off halfway through the night + make your husbands and boyfriends carry them around.

But you keep wearing themBecause they're supposed to be "fancy," and they make your legs look good. 

SMH.  

Edited by Shoblongoo

1 minute ago, Shoblongoo said:

Every girl I know owns a pair of high heels, for gowns and formalwear. And you know they murder your feet. And you hate wearing them. And you take them off halfway through the night + make your husbands and boyfriends carry them around.

But you keep wearing themBecause they're supposed to be "fancy," and they make your legs look good. 

SMH. 

I hate high heels. I'm not a fancy girl at all, I don't give a rat's ass about looking "fancy". I dislike dresses and skirts. Growing up I was a tomboy and my parents would LIE TO ME and tell me pink frilly dresses and stuff like that were "tough" so I'd wear them. If they said they were "cute" I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole. 

I wonder if they ever suspected me of being transgender. For the record, I'm not.

2 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Every girl I know owns a pair of high heels, for gowns and formalwear. And you know they murder your feet. And you can't walk in them. And you take them off halfway through the night + make your husbands and boyfriends carry them around.

I don't own any, actually!  Hehe.  I used to, but I got rid of them.  I have yet to find a pair of heels that doesn't make my feet bleed.  Flats for me.  Bloody feet aren't sexy.  :P:

It makes me pretty angry that some workplaces require women to wear them on the job.

Edited by Infinite Dreams

4 hours ago, Elieson said:

I've always just wanted to know what the purpose of itty bitty shirt pockets are meant for. You can only fit like, one quarter, in it. I know it's not quite on topic, but sometimes, fashion just confuses me.

In general women have much smaller pockets than men and I really don't know why.

Main reason I prefer men's jeans to women's.

On the topic of heels, I think the highest heel I've ever worn was an inch at best.  Which is somewhat odd, because I tiptoed instead of walking normally for a large portion of my life and still do to an extent.

13 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

Ladies, why do you like to take up 90% of the bed when you share it with someone

Just be glad you have a lady to share your bed with :P:

Bras without underwire, although I remove it as soon as I get home and get into my PJs. Also, hipster underwear, which I assume goes under 'briefs'. Thongs can go burn. >:( Uncomfortable things. I tried them once. Never again.

The highest heels I ever wore were five-inch heels. I never make anyone carry my shoes, though. I know what I'm getting into when I put the damn things on, so I'm the one who carries them when my feet hurt enough to have to remove them. I almost never wear heels, though. No reason to; even when I dress in fancy clothes I generally go with flats. I do like pretty things! But I don't know how to put on makeup because I never have, and I have no idea how to style my hair (which, to be fair, is hard to do anyway because it's over three feet long) beyond putting it in a ponytail. I love skirts and dresses. Love them. Although I also enjoy pants. Depends on my mood.

I take up as much of the bed as I feel like because I sleep alone. Well, except when my cat joins me. In which case I'm stuck on the edge of the bed because god forbid Her Lord Highness Jesus Christ the Second Coming have to sleep anywhere but exactly where she wants to.

Shorts or bikini bottoms for me, I'm not picky. Wired for bras, though it comes off when I get home.

As for heels...I have awful balance, and knowing my luck, I'll probably break my ankle if I tried.

19 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Yeah--girls definitely got the worse end of the "nice to look at; horrendously uncomfortable to wear" deal. 

At least with underwear you have the sense to go oh HELL No!!!

meanwhile...

SMH.  

I do not currently own a pair of heels, or if I do, they're in a box somewhere and haven't been worn in years.  I wear tennis shoes 99% of the time, and have trouble finding shoes in my size, anyway.

from a girl expert I know (Specta), heels only hurt if you wore bad heels or if they just don't work with your feet size/shape

but I haven't bought/tried very many heels so I don't have enough personal experience to confirm or deny, myself

I think I have pretty good balance though because I haven't really experienced balance problems with heels yet, so I guess in that aspect I am just fortunate

Edited by Freohr Datia

8 minutes ago, Freohr Datia said:

from a fellow girl expert I know (Specta), heels only hurt if you bought bad heels or if they just don't work with your feet size/shape

but I haven't bought/tried very many heels so I don't have enough personal experience to confirm or deny, myself

I think I have pretty good balance though because I haven't really experienced balance problems with heels yet, so I guess in that aspect I am just fortunate

You can get used to high heels, but biomechanically, they aren't good for your feet.  They put your foot into a permanently plantarflexed position, which can cause an imbalance in your foot tendons that can lead to hammertoes among other things.  The pointier shoes also squish your toes together and can cause bunions or damage to the toenails.

On 3/16/2018 at 2:59 PM, Shoblongoo said:

SMH.  

Omg when I was in middle school I thought wearing high heels was the coolest thing, and I just remember wearing high heels as much as my mom would let me. I would wear them even when they hurt like hell because I thought they looked nice. They may have looked nice, but it's probably part of the reason why I now have pain in my feet sometimes. I no longer wear high heels, and I actually can't remember the last time I wore heels. I have no clue why my younger self was so stubborn and wouldn't listen to my mom lol, she tried to get me to stop wearing them. I didn't even stop wearing them when I almost twisted my ankle trying to walk in high heels outside, like something crazy. 

well none of these bra options seem normal to me, 

if underwire is that annoying af one with the wire that hurts like hell, i dont wear it

i dont wear pushup (i own one or two of these though)

and i dont wear sports bras??? ugly stupid dumb dumb

and i dont think i wear briefs...same w/ boyshorts

Edited by claire