• Underwire
    • Pushup
    • Sports

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Calling it like I see it: Excellen Browning is the thread-murderer.

...see...I was actually making an effort to do sex talk in a way that DIDN'T make mods uncomfortable. And I was doing a decent enough to keep the thread open and active through some prettttttttty raunchy subject-matter.

Kindly remove yourself if you're just here to purposefully try and make people uncomfortable.

Err... How about you shut the fuck up and don't randomly assume someone is trying to make other people uncomfortable.

How about the women teach the boys how to act?

That's not their job

Notice how the women have stopped talking since the men have hijacked the thread

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Considering it was a woman who murdered the Men's thread, do you really think that is a good idea?

I don't know how you get away with posting so much bullshit

QUESTION FOR THE LADIES:

What is the worst habit you will tolerate in a man???

Leaving stuff on top of the trash can.  Because I will put it IN the trash can.

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Considering it was a woman who murdered the Men's thread, do you really think that is a good idea?

Well, the men's thread was closed due to inappropriate behavior, so. . .maybe he has a point.

6 minutes ago, Johann said:

That's not their job

Notice how the women have stopped talking since the men have hijacked the thread

I've been busy elsewhere, sorry.

29 minutes ago, Johann said:

That's not their job

The boys--not the men. (i think it was you yourself that drove home the distinction in M.O.S.F.)

Ain't nothing wrong with teaching boys how to act.

41 minutes ago, Johann said:

Thread was dead until the other one got locked--give it time. 

27 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Leaving stuff on top of the trash can.  Because I will put it IN the trash can.

Oh wow.

We would not do well living together 

3 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

The boys--not the men. (i think it was you yourself that drove home the distinction in M.O.S.F.)

Ain't nothing wrong with teaching boys how to act.

Agreed, thought I think it's unfair to force the burden of teaching on the shoulders of anyone who doesn't want it (which is how I interpreted your post). More so in the case that this thread was really just meant to be a safe space for the women to post about stuff they deal with, not for shitposts from idiot boys.

4 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Thread was dead until the other one got locked--give it time.

I don't exactly have the highest hopes, the boys barged in pretty fast to make a lot of noise. Most of the genuine posts are getting buried by the shitty ones, including some sexist bullshit. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the women just avoid this thread until the boys find some other active thread to jump to.

5 minutes ago, Johann said:

I don't exactly have the highest hopes, the boys barged in pretty fast to make a lot of noise. Most of the genuine posts are getting buried by the shitty ones, including some sexist bullshit. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the women just avoid this thread until the boys find some other active thread to jump to.

We women aren't helpless, either. ;):

Just now, eclipse said:

We women aren't helpless, either. ;):

Oh, I worded that poorly, I only meant that the kind of shit on the last two pages makes people lose interest in posting. I find the same sort of shit to be off-putting when it'd pop up in the men's thread, and judging from who posts & who doesn't when it happens, I'm sure others do as well.

4 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Calling it like I see it: Excellen Browning is the thread-murderer.

And someone else answered the question. (Although being fair, rebuking a mocker or fool will only invite scorn and hatred. At least it shows them for who they are.)

I also meant the phrase on a larger scale. The thread tended to lead towards the things that could likely get it banned with one wrong move, instead of the things that were actually interesting, or at least, clean.

On a bit of a side note though, I'm in-between being impressed and disappointed that we never got to discussing anything violent. Why I'm impressed shouldn't take much thought to understand, but I kinda wanted to talk about HEMA techniques, see war clips, and discuss fights, battles, and war in general.

But it's water under the bridge now. And we should probably bring the whole discussion here to an end, less this thread be appropriately renamed "Why the Men's Thread Failed."

Edited by Hawkwing
Forgot to finish a sentence.

2 hours ago, Johann said:

I don't know how you get away with posting so much bullshit

Excellen Browning was the one who killed the Men's thread and is female. So the only thing around here that's bullshit is your post.

2 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Excellen Browning was the one who killed the Men's thread and is female. So the only thing around here that's bullshit is your post.

Excellen is a guy, so I figured you meant eclipse for locking it. Even still, your post was sexist, which is pretty bullshit considering this is a thread for women.

5 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Excellen Browning was the one who killed the Men's thread and is female.

Yeah I made that mistake too in the "How Important is Abstinence?" Thread.

He's a dude.

On 8/6/2018 at 3:14 PM, Hawkwing said:

if sparing, instead of killing, a spider (by letting it crawl on my hand and then taking it outside) was “manly” or not.

This shouldn't even be a question.

1 minute ago, Balcerzak said:

This shouldn't even be a question.

As in... yes, it is "manly" or no, it isn't? Or is it something else entirely?

6 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

That something the likes of that could ever un-ironically revoke one's man-card. The very notion being so ridiculous that it shouldn't ever be legitimately considered.

And with that, over and out unless necessary

I have one rule: you get out of my house, I won't hunt you down.

The second I see a spider, any bugs or a fly, you are dead.

Edited by Nym

7 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Hmm, how should I put this?

It's like asking whether or not having one's hair exceed some arbitrary length revokes the manliess card.  The answer is that it's so trivial that anyone who correlates hair length with manliness has no right to revoke anyone else's manliness card.  Men can have long hair.  Men can have short hair.  And it doesn't matter in the slightest.

The same goes with spiders.

My rule for bugs and spiders and such

if you’re outside, i leave you alone 

you cross into my home, one of us is gonna die, and it ain’t gonna be me

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

My wife's better at squishing bugs than I am. Perks of being from a tropical island where the spiders are the size of your face; absolutely nothing skittering around New Jersey fazes her.  (garden centipedes and daddy long legs still freak me the fuck out)

@eclipse's probably seen some monsters.  

Edited by Shoblongoo

1 hour ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Oh if I see something that large, I ain’t fighting that I’m running the hell away 

First time I went to Taiwan and I saw

Image result for nephila philipes

I was like Nope. Staying in Jersey. 

Edited by Shoblongoo