• Briefs
    • Thongs
    • Boyshorts
  2. 2. Bras

• Underwire
    • Pushup
    • Sports

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well I wish ya luck! I'm one semester from finishing grad school, and then I'll finally be forced into the real world. I don't want it to end!:cry:

Thanks! I wish you luck in the real world!

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I hint (badly) at the spider question in the men's thread, and nobody got it, but I mention it in passing here, and everyone responds to it?

Also, I got a lot more answers here, but there was a discussion of compassion in the men's thread. Make of that what you will.

For context, it happened in high school, where a spider was present in a corner of the room, and everyone was freaking out, but apparently no-one had the guts or the heart to kill it, for some reason. Annoyed, I walked over there, let it crawl onto my hand, went to a window, waited patiently for it to crawl outside, and then went back to my seat as if nothing had happened. All without saying a word.

I asked the question due to to it being a stereotype that "a man is a killer" so I wondered what it meant if you go out of your way to save something.

By the way, I've also saved a spider from drowning in a sink, from drowning while taking a shower. I saved one from my cat, and when a spider (the size of my thumbnail) had the bright idea of building their web onto my car over the weekend, I cut off the part that was connected to my car without harming the spider itself.

Granted, our house is populated with stink bugs, and you can't kill them or else they'll live up to their name. Also, my bathroom is populated with spiders to the point that I have this attitude towards them:

L8rv5W.gif

(The women are lucky. It took an entire month before I got the remembered to make this gif).

8 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Image result for nephila philipes

That, is one awesome looking spider. It even looks like it has a skull on its back!

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How much of a threat can they be on day to day basis though?

The thought that I'd be near what is essentially a ticking timebomb is enough to cause me to feel queasy.

Scientists can put out good predictions of when they'll erupt big time.

Scientists can't even get the weather right most of the time, so I'm hardly going to trust them with a volcano.

And due to relatively frequent eruptions if I understand geology correctly, there shouldn't ever really be a HUGE one like a Vesuvius/Mt. Saint Helens/Krakatoa/Fujiyama who knows when.

Any sized eruption is bad, regardless of it's a huge one or not.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well I wish ya luck! I'm one semester from finishing grad school, and then I'll finally be forced into the real world. I don't want it to end!:cry:

well we're in the same boat, December Graduation right?

I've been wanting it to be over for a while now, the only thing I'll really miss are my adviser and my fraternity (being collegiate that is)

15 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

grad school sux

I fortunately am in a fun field, History, so I read a lot of interesting stuff. Even though things don't start until September for me, I'm getting a head start on my reading (I downed 140 pages of a book on Song China today).

The issue is that I based my choice of Major and Grad field on personal likings and not on practical realities post-graduation at all. Once school is done, I'll be quite directionless in life, and in need of looking for a job.

4 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

well we're in the same boat, December Graduation right?

I've been wanting it to be over for a while now, the only thing I'll really miss are my adviser and my fraternity (being collegiate that is)

Pretty much. Although I think my school is moving its formal ceremony for the winter grads into into the summer, consolidating the two ceremonies and all.

Being quite asocial, having no friends or anything, school has been practically been my only outside contact. I love the classroom atmosphere in a good bunch of students, and I really really miss it. Nor could I ever simulate again it by becoming a teacher/professor, since I don't think I'd make a good one of those. *Sigh*

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

fortunately am in a fun field, History, so I read a lot of interesting stuff. Even though things don't start until September for me, I'm getting a head start on my reading (I downed 140 pages of a book on Song China today).

The issue is that I based my choice of Major and Grad field on personal likings and not on practical realities post-graduation at all. Once school is done, I'll be quite directionless in life, and in need of looking for a job.

I'm Public Management, I read bureaucracy papers, really boring stuff.

you can always become a History professor

even if you have trouble finding a job, you can always look for one in the city, I'm going to be a professional firefighter next summer.

Pretty much. Although I think my school is moving its formal ceremony for the winter grads into into the summer, consolidating the two ceremonies and all.

Ouch. That's going to be a hot one

Being quite asocial, having no friends or anything, school has been practically been my only outside contact. I love the classroom atmosphere in a good bunch of students, and I really really miss it. Nor could I ever simulate again it by becoming a teacher/professor, since I don't think I'd make a good one of those. *Sigh*

maybe you can join a fraternity/sorority and make some good connections, you'll go alumni right after graduation and still have those connections.

3 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I’m going in as a computer science major 

you poor poor guy

you're going to need this. If you can try to just get core classes done, so if you change your mind at some point you didn't waste time and money on credits you can't use

27349281-cup-of-coffee-with-clipping-path.jpg

3 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

you poor poor guy

you're going to need this. If you can try to just get core classes done, so if you change your mind at some point you didn't waste time and money on credits you can't use

27349281-cup-of-coffee-with-clipping-path.jpg

I uh, don’t really drink coffee

i really enjoy the entire field so I’m going into something I enjoy which will help. I just really wish I knew more about it. I took a year of java and a comp sci course during the year, but they weren’t that great off courses and didn’t go very in-depth with the comp sci being the first year it’s been offered, so I wish I knew a bit more. 

I never drank a cup of coffee in my life until law school.  Now I take 2 cups black just to get through the morning.

When your body is telling you it doesn't want to be out of bed until noon but you need to be at your desk by 9:00, it really does give you a boost. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

s-sorry guys (gals?) I think I got lost

how did I end up here?

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

I never drank a cup of coffee in my life until law school.  Now I take 2 cups black just to get through the morning.

When you're body is telling you it doesn't want to be out of bed until noon but you need to be at your desk by 9:00, it really does give you a boost. 

law school ruins your life, but same here, since the place where I "worked" on had plenty of coffee

still, coffee never worked for me as far as becoming more active goes. If I'm sleepy I'll sleep even if there is a parade with french horns happening outside home, nothing keeps me awake.

4 hours ago, Rapier said:

If I'm sleepy I'll sleep even if there is a parade with french horns happening outside home, nothing keeps me awake.

Even deadlines? I'd like that kinda, um, fortitude.

20 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The body from that perspective even looks like a angry face or skull. Any idea what its common non-scientific names are?

It looks a lot like a golden orb weaver (the japanese call them jorougumo) but doesn't have the amount of yellow on the legs I would expect for that, so is probably just a cousin of some sort.

It is indeed Nephila Philipes--the "Giant Golden Orb Weaver"

"It can be found in Japan, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, Myanmar, Indonesia, Thailand, Laos, Philippines, Sri Lanka, India, Nepal, Papua New Guinea, and Australia." 

The yellow legged variant is its smaller cousin. 

4 hours ago, Karimlan said:

Even deadlines? I'd like that kinda, um, fortitude.

no, deadlines feel like a reaper standing beside my bed, can't have that

21 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I uh, don’t really drink coffee

i really enjoy the entire field so I’m going into something I enjoy which will help. I just really wish I knew more about it. I took a year of java and a comp sci course during the year, but they weren’t that great off courses and didn’t go very in-depth with the comp sci being the first year it’s been offered, so I wish I knew a bit more. 

have passion if you're going into comp sci

programming may be an interest but you may be fed up with it after years of it. I know that it somewhat became like that for me.

though I don't really remember many all-nighters and I hate coffee.

I don't like tea.  I don't really like coffee either, but I put a bunch of cream and sweetener in it to make it drinkable for the caffeine.  I'm kind of used to just sipping on it now, too, but I wouldn't say I enjoy the taste at all.

Hot chocolate is yummy, but I rarely have it.

I much prefer the things I drink to be as cold as possible.

Tea - Mint tea is awesome.  A good green tea is also awesome.

Coffee - It puts me to sleep. No thanks.  But I like coffee-flavored ice cream!

Hot Chocolate - Put a dash of nutmeg in it.  It's great~!