Who Should Be a Future Legendary?

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Don't forget that you'll get no sympathy from him.

Also, his love for meat that the Smash fandom has blown out of proportion. Funny, yes, but not accurate.

I'd say Smash contributes to Ike's popularity a lot, but not as much as it does Marth and Roy.

I've expressed my dislike of Ike numerous times, but to keep a neutral standpoint...

He isn't a noble by blood, he's blunt, has a BFS, a lot of people like his relationship with Darth Vadar the Black Knight, and I guess he just appeals to the western fan base for being a manly man.

I personally prefer the Marth type, but each to their own.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Skylorella Con said:

Due to all the backlash Ike recieved, I was convinced he wasn't going to win. (Guess I was mistaken but Tharja was pretty close to beating him) And the results were to be announced after the duration of the banner he was featured in. So i didn't wanted to miss him.

Him returning on a future banner didn't even cross my mind for some odd reason.

She did get a new cipher with Ike so I'm hoping she'll be our next Earth hero. (Even though 8% banners are hell). I still want her!!!

I hope so... I wonder which kind of Prf weapon would have.

3 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I hope so... I wonder which kind of Prf weapon would have.

Ashera for a weapon with -1 Special skill cooldown, +10 damage when special skill activates, and Close Counter. Matrona for an Assist skill that heals all HP and grants a +3 field buff to all stats. Corona for a Special skill that is basically Luna for staves and also inflicts Candlelight on all enemies within 2 squares of the target after combat.

Her attack animation is bashing the enemy's face in instead of a casting animation.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ashera for a weapon with -1 Special skill cooldown, +10 damage when special skill activates, and Close Counter. Matrona for an Assist skill that heals all HP and grants a +3 field buff to all stats. Corona for a Special skill that is basically Luna for staves and also inflicts Candlelight on all enemies within 2 squares of the target after combat.

Her attack animation is bashing the enemy's face in instead of a casting animation.

That sounds powerful!

I like it <3

1 hour ago, Lemmy said:

Mind explaining the appeal? I admit I barely know the character.

I haven't played Marth's games either, but I assume this is referring to the humble "Only fight if you have to" archetype, similar to Celica?

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think it'd be cool if she got some kind of Area of Effect attack like Takumi.

1 hour ago, Lemmy said:

Well, Marth was the one who got me into FE in the first place, so there's that, but he's so much more.

He starts off with his whole world being turned upside down in just a few hours, his father his dead, and he doesn't know what has happened to his mother or sister. He has to literally run for his life, and leave one of his men to die. He's forced into exile, and has to wait two years to actually fight back to reclaim his country. At the beginning, he has a rather black and white view of the world, he's the one doing good, until he speaks to a villager and learns that a majority of the opposing side doesn't want to fight.

He realises that it's not good vs evil, it's much more.

He also didn't tell Caeda how he felt at the end of Shadow Dragon because he knew that he was a candidate for a political marriage, showing that he was willing to give up his happiness just to prevent political unrest.

The boy is just so selfless and so well written in Shadow Dragon, he's great.

I could go on, but I don't want to sound like a broken record.

11 hours ago, Skylorella Con said:

Due to all the backlash Ike recieved, I was convinced he wasn't going to win. (Guess I was mistaken but Tharja was pretty close to beating him) And the results were to be announced after the duration of the banner he was featured in. So i didn't wanted to miss him.

Him returning on a future banner didn't even cross my mind for some odd reason.

She did get a new cipher with Ike so I'm hoping she'll be our next Earth hero. (Even though 8% banners are hell). I still want her!!!

Yeah the big thing was him returning on a the next legendary banner, so should he not have won the Hero Rises contest there was still opportunity to pull for him then.  

12 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Surtr is fire. Fire consumes all it can without thinking or justification.

Do you think that is an interesting enough force to completely carry him as a villain though?

2 hours ago, Lemmy said:

34 minutes ago, Lau said:

Well, Marth was the one who got me into FE in the first place, so there's that, but he's so much more.

He starts off with his whole world being turned upside down in just a few hours, his father his dead, and he doesn't know what has happened to his mother or sister. He has to literally run for his life, and leave one of his men to die. He's forced into exile, and has to wait two years to actually fight back to reclaim his country. At the beginning, he has a rather black and white view of the world, he's the one doing good, until he speaks to a villager and learns that a majority of the opposing side doesn't want to fight.

He realises that it's not good vs evil, it's much more.

He also didn't tell Caeda how he felt at the end of Shadow Dragon because he knew that he was a candidate for a political marriage, showing that he was willing to give up his happiness just to prevent political unrest.

The boy is just so selfless and so well written in Shadow Dragon, he's great.

I could go on, but I don't want to sound like a broken record.

All this, AND through a much simpler approach of his "type":

A bishonen (commonly but not always and in varying degrees), Mr steal yo girl, swag on 100 thousand, cool & collected, handsome devil with a level of mystery (at least as of '01-'09)

Back in the day almost every show had at least one. To give you an example, here's this guy:

Spoiler

Related image

'course, it's very subjective, but other than being top 5 in Melee & Brawl(?), why else would you pick up some random prince you know nothing about?

Suffice to say, you don't need to know who he is to figure out dude's a fuckin pull God

Future Legendary Heroes? I guess I’d go with Athos, Marth, Deghinsea, Nagi, Rudolf, Zephiel, Itsuki, Ryoma, Idunn, Xander, Sumeragi, Izana, Mila, Duma, and the remaining lords that don’t have a legendary variant yet. 

I know very little about Ike's character, but in general I have a bias towards older characters, and RD Ike (despite being officially what, 19-20?) looks significantly older than most FE lords. It's as shallow as anything, but eh, you kids get off my lawn.

The one that definitely deserves it the most out of anyone is Marth. The poor guy has been screwed over by this game for too long. Give him the recognition he deserves! As for others that I think would be interesting to see as Legendary Heroes, I would have to go with Lyn, Celica, Tharja,  and Veronica. I know I'll probably get backlash about those choices but I chose them simply because I love all of them and want more versions of them. Tharja Emblem when? Not sure how Veronica would go down as a Legendary Hero, but it's not that far fetched to think that she may one day become one, since she is getting a CYL version sometime in the future. 

Edited by ashlyn

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/869v3d/next_seasons_arena_bonus_heroes_and_possible/

According to this, part of the Japanese datamine lists

Legendary F!Robin

as one of the bonus arena units. This is most likely

F!Grima, since she's most likely

our colorless dragon. Datamine image here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/869v3d/comment/dw3ha1m

Thoughts?

Edited by DefyingFates
Added spoiler tags

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/869v3d/next_seasons_arena_bonus_heroes_and_possible/

According to this, part of the Japanese datamine lists Legendary F!Robin as one of the bonus arena units. This is most likely F!Grima, since she's most likely our colorless dragon. Datamine image here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/869v3d/comment/dw3ha1m

Thoughts?

Like I wrote on the other topic: pls no, my orbs can't take it.

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

According to this, part of the Japanese datamine lists Legendary F!Robin as one of the bonus arena units. This is most likely F!Grima, since she's most likely our colorless dragon. Datamine image here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/869v3d/comment/dw3ha1m

Thoughts?

They picked the one "lord" from Awakening I don't like. 

On the contrary for me, they picked the one "lord" I did like in Awakening. Though it's mostly for design reasons, as I like female Robin's hair and face choices. But another reason is her calling Frederick Freddy Bear sometimes because that is just TOO adorable. XD

I'm hoping this is true, despite the Grima possibility (because I dislike Grima). Ike, then Ephraim, and then female Robin too? Legendary heroes are constantly becoming my favorites! XD

@Thane, what other thread?

Back on topic, I imagine she'd come with Goad Dragons. All Legendaries thus far have had a Prf Weapon and an exclusive Skill (including Ice Mirror and Radiant Aether) so I'm wondering what she'll have. Extinction as a Breath seems safe, since it works wonders for M!Grima, so what else? Also, which of her skills is the one to swap out ASAP, since everyone else has one of those as well (maybe not Fjorm)?

Finally, what Blessing would she have? I think she'd fit anything that isn't Water or Speed.

Not sure why they don't just call Grima Grima. He even self identifies by that name in Heroes. And I'm pretty sure the unit text in Awakening called him Grima during the final chapter too.

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

@Thane, what other thread?

Back on topic, I imagine she'd come with Goad Dragons. All Legendaries thus far have had a Prf Weapon and an exclusive Skill (including Ice Mirror and Radiant Aether) so I'm wondering what she'll have. Extinction as a Breath seems safe, since it works wonders for M!Grima, so what else? Also, which of her skills is the one to swap out ASAP, since everyone else has one of those as well (maybe not Fjorm)?

Finally, what Blessing would she have? I think she'd fit anything that isn't Water or Speed.

Using the spikes from Expire to create a stage hazard could be a cool idea. Not sure exactly how it'd work, but it's an element of Grima that hasn't really been shown off in his moveset yet.

Edited by Jotari

Hey, thanks for, y'know, putting datamined stuff without spoiler tags in a thread without "datamine" in the title, thus spoiling anyone and everyone who hadn't looked at the datamine. Not like I wanted to be surprised by the announcement trailer or anything.

Either way, if it is who you're saying it is, I dunno if I'm gonna pull for them. I have other things to save orbs for, and while I do like them, they'll be back eventually.

1 hour ago, C. Turtle said:

Hey, thanks for, y'know, putting datamined stuff without spoiler tags in a thread without "datamine" in the title, thus spoiling anyone and everyone who hadn't looked at the datamine. Not like I wanted to be surprised by the announcement trailer or anything.

Either way, if it is who you're saying it is, I dunno if I'm gonna pull for them. I have other things to save orbs for, and while I do like them, they'll be back eventually.

I'm so sorry! I'll tag it right away!

44 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I really hope its not Robin... Can we have the OC as Legendarys please. Veronica, Bruno, Laegjarn, Levi etc.!!!

This. I want more oc’s at least then people won’t complain about characters they hate getting legendaries since these characters are new. :p