Who Should Be a Future Legendary?

21 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Preference would be a original male Manakete or a Manakete who is NOT a Loli.
This has to stop! It's time to stop with the loli Invasion.

Dheginhansea will put his foot down on all of that. No OCs. No lolis. Just the most badass old geezer in the series.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Then we the playerbase are to blame.  Again which is why I don't understand why apparently the majority want a million copies of Robin, Lucina, Lyn, Ike whatever over actually having new heroes.  I'm upset that IS is doing this, but if that is what makes money they don't deserve the blame.  They are giving the people what they want, which is really disappointingly, alt after alt.

Can someone please explain what the appeal of having so many versions of a character already in the game is?  Why said person would prefer that over a new character, of which there are so many prominent important and popular ones left to add?  I don't get it.  

For me, I like alts because...well...new art, new dialogue, and it's just nice to see that a specific character has been selected by IS.

I don't care about stats, if a character I like gets an alt, why would I complain? If a character I don't like gets an alt, then that's good for people who like that character.

You have to realise that not everyone likes the new characters being added. When the Tellius cast got added, I was honestly so bored because I don't like them, except Micaiah and Sothe, precious babies, so I didn't pull.

And in all honesty, most of the alts are seasonal, so it's not like they're clogging up the summoning pool. If you're that miffed about it, send in a complaint to IS. Not that it'll do anything, but hey ho.

I like alts. They give us really cute outfits sometimes and sometimes, can give more personality, because of some things they say. I'm all for seasonals. And I agree with Lau. For me what she had with Tellius, I had with Genealogy. Seliph and Julia were really the only characters added that I give a damn about. 

56 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dheginhansea will put his foot down on all of that. No OCs. No lolis. Just the most badass old geezer in the series.

I'm all in for that, he also has a mustache! After that we only need Oifey and we have mustache Emblem:
Dheginhansea, Oifey, Bartre and Hardin.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can have Dheginsea as a legendary if I can get Nasir... at all. 

No but seriously. Dheginsea would be a perfect legendary, as would Tibarn, Chaenegis, Giffca, and Naesala.

Edited by Etheus

There are a few heroes I'd want as a legendary, but none of them are actually likely. So I'll just choose the one I want the most. I'd want to have Olwen as a legendary hero. Rather than being a halfway decent daimthunder user, she would be equipped with her blessed sword, and maybe dismounted to differentiate her from normal Olwen.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

There's also the fact that certain weapon-movement combinations are rare (tome armor, tome flier, breath flier) or non-existent (dagger armor, dagger cavalry, dagger flier, staff armor, breath cavalry) in the main series games, and alternative versions of characters give them the opportunity to add them into the game.

Jugdral needs the love for the armoured mages. I hope even people who don't like alts would be happy to see Armoured Emperor Alvis wielding Valflame. Bloom or Reptor can take the Blue spot. And since Grima has appeared as an armoured unit, I think we can extend the idea to stationary final bossess. Ashera for example (if one doesn't consider appearance as unviable given her status as a god).

5 hours ago, Lewyn said:

I don't buy it.  Those strange never before done in main series weapon/movement combinations could be done (and has been done) in seasonal banners, that is what they are there for.  I don't have problem with seasonals being alts that is what they are supposed to be.  However new hero banners should actually be new heroes.  Legendary banner should introduce OCs, or non playable powerful characters from main games.  I mean how lame is it that we only got one new hero in February (Hardin), and looks like we will get one new hero in March (Morgan)?  

Speaking of Pokemon, which I've never played, isn't the point to catch them all?  As in all the different pokemon?  With Fire Emblem heroes isn't the point to collect all the characters?  New characters are more exciting additions, particularly since we usually get some story tidbits and such through them also, than old characters in different costumes.  

Thracia banner, thou art a beacon of light in the darkness.  

Someone said it afterwards, but I wanted to quote this earlier and I'm going to damnwell do it regardless! But yeah, Grima is a new character. I don't know why they inexplicably chose to label him as Robin (probably because they thought it'd boost his popularity) when even Awakening calls him Grima and he self identifies in all his quotes as Grima.

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Didn't know that, but I'll be happy if it happens. Looks like he can use just about any weapon too so I'd be doubly happy if he didn't use a sword or lance, even though the chances are virtually nil.

If they want to reflect how Master Knights are actually used in Holy War, then he'll be a stave user. Though I doubt they'll go with that. At least he has the Light Sword, which has potential for a unique spin on the overwhelming hoard of swordies. I'd personally make it so it deals magic damage at melee range, as a means of countering all the long ranged armoured units we're not getting.

2 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Also, Fallen Robin isn't Robin. he states it himself he's Grima.  Similarly, it's all but stated Gen 2 Lewyn is actually Forseti . They might be the same body, but  is different soul thus personality. 

It isn't all but stated, it is stated. Levin in Gen 2 is Forseti, no question about it. Though I don't really want a normal Levin and a Forseti Levin since I can't imagine any way to make them play differently...unless you turn Forseti into a breath unit some how.

2 hours ago, Stroud said:

Preference would be a original male Manakete or a Manakete who is NOT a Loli.
This has to stop! It's time to stop with the loli Invasion.

Bantu needs love T.T He's the original dragon.

Edited by Jotari

17 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Jugdral needs the love for the armoured mages. I hope even people who don't like alts would be happy to see Armoured Emperor Alvis wielding Valflame. Bloom or Reptor can take the Blue spot. And since Grima has appeared as an armoured unit, I think we can extend the idea to stationary final bossess. Ashera for example (if one doesn't consider appearance as unviable given her status as a god).

It isn't all but stated, it is stated. Levin in Gen 2 is Forseti, no question about it. Though I don't really want a normal Levin and a Forseti Levin since I can't imagine any way to make them play differently...unless you turn Forseti into a breath unit some how.

Grima can get in because it's not by his real body. I don't think we can get direct form of the big bads,  like Ashera or Duma, but I am expecting puppet like Idunn, or Loptyr through Julius like Grima through Robin. 

If Grima Robin is a breath unit because usability and character wise it's actually the dragon, I'm expecting it work similarly for Forseti Lewyn and Loptyr Julius. 

5 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Grima can get in because it's not by his real body. I don't think we can get direct form of the big bads,  like Ashera or Duma, but I am expecting puppet like Idunn, or Loptyr through Julius like Grima through Robin. 

If Grima Robin is a breath unit because usability and character wise it's actually the dragon, I'm expecting it work similarly for Forseti Lewyn and Loptyr Julius. 

Only problem is they don't really have any visiual art to go off for Forseti Lewyn. Grima very conveniently had a big dragon head that he used in battle. For Lewyn they'd just have to make something up. Which isn't really impossible, but not something they've really done before outside of the Seasonals (that I can recall anyway). Julius could make sense since he summons Loptyr with his tome, but the problem there is that Julia does the exact same thing and they made her (and Deirdre) a tome user. I feel it'd be a bit weird if one of the two were a tome user and the other were a breath user.

And you know, Alm managed to beat Duma without any kind of Yune special blessing ala Ike. So in terms of power, there's nothing really stopping Duma (and Mila) being playable. There's no lore reason to believe he's any stronger than Tiki.

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Only problem is they don't really have any visiual art to go off for Forseti Lewyn. Grima very conveniently had a big dragon head that he used in battle. For Lewyn they'd just have to make something up. Which isn't really impossible, but not something they've really done before outside of the Seasonals (that I can recall anyway). Julius could make sense since he summons Loptyr with his tome, but the problem there is that Julia does the exact same thing and they made her (and Deirdre) a tome user. I feel it'd be a bit weird if one of the two were a tome user and the other were a breath user.

And you know, Alm managed to beat Duma without any kind of Yune special blessing ala Ike. So in terms of power, there's nothing really stopping Duma (and Mila) being playable. There's no lore reason to believe he's any stronger than Tiki.

Gleipnir Eirika tho, it's more of ascended meme about the glitch where anyone can be a dark mage in SS. so anything is possible now even for non-alts. Julius was also stated to be possessed- Julia and Deirdre have the power of Naga but isn't her vessel. 

wow, so the psychological farm boy is actualy more baddass than FE's Local Guts Copy. I'm not talkin about power, more like about the world imbalance because they are gods they are rooted to their words , things like that. 

2 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Gleipnir Eirika tho, it's more of ascended meme about the glitch where anyone can be a dark mage in SS. so anything is possible now even for non-alts. Julius was also stated to be possessed- Julia and Deirdre have the power of Naga but isn't her vessel. 

wow, so the psychological farm boy is actualy more baddass than FE's Local Guts Copy. I'm not talkin about power, more like about the world imbalance because they are gods they are rooted to their words , things like that. 

It's more to do with their method of attack. Grima being a breath unit doesn't have much to do with him actually being a dragon or possessed by a dragon (fallen Takumi is possessed by Ananakos yet is still a bow unit, likewise, unless they feel creative, Gotoh and Sephiran would be a tome users). In Awakening, Grima attacked with a breath weapon by having a giant honking dragon turn around and attack you. While Julius, regardless of how much of a dragon he actually is, still attacked by opening a tome and using magic. I'm not saying they can't use Julius as a breath unit, they can do whatever they want, but I think it'd just be weird given his twin counterpart is already a tome user.

But really Duma is no more god than Grima. Both are just really powerful dragons.

I think we could see:

Legendary Seliph
Legendary Roy
Legendary Alm
Legendary Celica
Legendary Marth
Legendary Leif
Legendary Lyn
Legendary Eliwood
Legendary Hector

58 minutes ago, Jotari said:

It's more to do with their method of attack. Grima being a breath unit doesn't have much to do with him actually being a dragon or possessed by a dragon (fallen Takumi is possessed by Ananakos yet is still a bow unit, likewise, unless they feel creative, Gotoh and Sephiran would be a tome users). In Awakening, Grima attacked with a breath weapon by having a giant honking dragon turn around and attack you. While Julius, regardless of how much of a dragon he actually is, still attacked by opening a tome and using magic. I'm not saying they can't use Julius as a breath unit, they can do whatever they want, but I think it'd just be weird given his twin counterpart is already a tome user.

But really Duma is no more god than Grima. Both are just really powerful dragons.

I do have to admit, it would be kinda fun to see Sephiran pecking people. Especially with not being able to transform.

As for Ashera, she'd probably be one of the easier ones. Her auras could be filled in with a skill that reduces damage somehow (or a combo of reducing and obstruct), and she herself still looks like a person so making her map and battle sprites wouldn't be all too difficult. Most likely she'd be blue because light magic, but I could see them going colorless somehow to equate it with her whole order deal. Duma and Medeus would probably be more difficult due to their sheer size without just scaling them down, though that is a perfectly viable option.

Edited by bottlegnomes

52 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Duma and Medeus would probably be more difficult due to their sheer size without just scaling them down, though that is a perfectly viable option.

Mediuth as an Earth Dragon in not-the-DS-remake is just an oversized mole and would definitely fit on the screen.

There's also nothing stopping them from doing something like Grima in Heroes or the Fire Dragon in FE7 and simply have most of the body off-screen.

Edited by Ice Dragon

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Mediuth as an Earth Dragon in not-the-DS-remake is just an oversized mole and would definitely fit on the screen.

There's also nothing stopping them from doing something like Grima in Heroes or the Fire Dragon in FE7 and simply have most of the body off-screen.

If mole Medeus and slime monster Duma were added my life would be complete

Edited by Aegiz

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's not souch that they're difficult as that Ashera, whom I've seen mentioned a few times, seems like an odd hang up since she's basically just a glowing chick. As far as power level, she's not really anymore egregious than Grima. Just make her a blue mage armor with an AoE special and super obstruct. Though I do almost hope they give her Henry-level attack and give judgement some stupid effect like all units take damage calculated with half the res of the lowest res unit on the field or this unit's attack is equivalent to res of target + attack stat + weapon might. Or just give it 50 might.

Also, Mole Medeus only if they add punch-you-in-the-face Formitiis, or however the hell his name is spelled.

Edited by bottlegnomes

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

I do have to admit, it would be kinda fun to see Sephiran pecking people. Especially with not being able to transform.

As for Ashera, she'd probably be one of the easier ones. Her auras could be filled in with a skill that reduces damage somehow (or a combo of reducing and obstruct), and she herself still looks like a person so making her map and battle sprites wouldn't be all too difficult. Most likely she'd be blue because light magic, but I could see them going colorless somehow to equate it with her whole order deal. Duma and Medeus would probably be more difficult due to their sheer size without just scaling them down, though that is a perfectly viable option.

They have perfectly viable human forms for walking around, and I think there's still more than enough space on the s teen to fill up for them to be bigger than Mir. The only final boss I find to really be unworkable is Foemantiis. He'd need to be summoned by Lyon or something similar to Grima, and even then, I'm not sure what his weapon type would be. Also don't expect to see the Fire Dragon because it's just boring.

58 minutes ago, Jotari said:

The only final boss I find to really be unworkable is Foemantiis. He'd need to be summoned by Lyon or something similar to Grima, and even then, I'm not sure what his weapon type would be.

Strike for Ravager. Red tome for Demon Light (or just support separate ranged animations from melee animations and make it Ravager's ranged counterattack).

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

Formitiis

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Foemantiis

Fomortiis. Because Japanese's "Fodeth" was not edgy enough.

59 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Strike for Ravager. Red tome for Demon Light (or just support separate ranged animations from melee animations and make it Ravager's ranged counterattack).

Fomortiis. Because Japanese's "Fodeth" was not edgy enough.

Strike weapons aren't a thing though. At least yet. It's not like they can't be given that we have the laguz, taguel, kitsune and wolf skins. It would be a very Tellius heavy weapon category however (of course it also has the potential for absolutely amazing seasonals where Hector dresses up in judo gear and smacks around his enemies).

It really shouldn't be as hard to spell as it is. It's just Foe-Mort-iis (and then drop the E from Foe). I reckon it's the double ii that trips people up. We know there's something unorthodox about the name, but not where or what it is.

Edited by Jotari

1. On Fallen Robin, I very much consider him an alt.  It is the physical body, the voice of Robin who just happens to be possessed by Grima.  It is designed to appeal to Robin fans.  I don't consider this any different than Fallen Celica who is now under control of Duma.  I certainly don't consider it the same as adding a brand new character, like say Rinea who would fit the theme.  

2. The first year of the game was a good balance.  We had new hero banners, most of which had more than 3 heroes and which were actually all new characters.  Then we had frequent seasonals which was your place for the alt lovers.  Now the game has been just for the alt lovers, with 1 new character a month vs 5,6 or more alts.  It is ridiculous.  I can suck up a 50/50 split, but when we are getting many times more alts than new characters that seems not only really greedy it also just pretty much shows they hardly care at all about people who want new characters.  

3. I prioritize gameplay as well.  Winter tharja was who I wanted to win the hero rises, not cause she is my favorite character (I don't dislike her, though the bikini is ridiculous), cause of what she brought to the table as being the only armor red mage and such a powerhouse on top of that.  However I don't feel any of that is relevant to wanting new hero banners to not have alts.  They can introduce new characters with those new skills/abilities and make them as powerful as they like.  

4. Also another thing I've played every game so I have tons of characters I like.  I think it is very selfish to want many versions of a favorite character over introducing the first version of a character that is other peoples favorites.  Since Lewyn came up, he's my favorite.  However I would never want an alt of him outside of seasonals after he gets in, cause it is a slap in the face to every other character who has yet to get into the game.  

5. I have sent feedback, however generally what will determine this is orbs/money spent.  Considering whales make up 95% of the game's revenue, that means that really it is on them and what they spend on.  

34 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

1. On Fallen Robin, I very much consider him an alt.  It is the physical body, the voice of Robin who just happens to be possessed by Grima.  It is designed to appeal to Robin fans.  I don't consider this any different than Fallen Celica who is now under control of Duma.  I certainly don't consider it the same as adding a brand new character, like say Rinea who would fit the theme.  

The difference is that Celica isn't Duma. She's just his mindless slave. Fallen Robin very much is a different entity who possess a different personality, different history, different goals, different abilities, different design (slightly) and actually self indentifies as a different person. They obviously are appealing to Robin fans by calling him Robin, but by every definition of what a character is, Grima is a new character. And a pretty significant one as he (along with Fallen Takumi) have opened up the potential for Final Bosses to be on the roster.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

The difference is that Celica isn't Duma. She's just his mindless slave. Fallen Robin very much is a different entity who possess a different personality, different history, different goals, different abilities, different design (slightly) and actually self indentifies as a different person. They obviously are appealing to Robin fans by calling him Robin, but by every definition of what a character is, Grima is a new character. And a pretty significant one as he (along with Fallen Takumi) have opened up the potential for Final Bosses to be on the roster.

If they were going to introduce Grima it should have been in his final dragon form, not in Robin's body.  For anyone not familiar with the histories of the origin games, Fallen Robin just looks like another Robin alt.  If dragon form is impossible we should have gotten Medeus, since he has a human form.  Then instead of Celica we should have had Rinea.  

Medeus, Rinea, Hardin.  Now that would have been a banner.  Trillion times better.  As much as I wanted Hardin I had to on principle not summon on that banner cause I don't want to support alts, and nothing is worse than them appearing on new heroes banners.