Chrom, Knight Exalt

Ae†her

Chrom, Knight Exalt

Bhoac2p.png

"Don't worry. I took a lesson on mounted combat a few years ago."

This is the four version of Chrom we've had in the game, and probably the most powerful version of him yet in terms of offensive capabilities. Stat-wise he is pretty much a better version of regular Chrom with same Atk, more Spd, Def and Res, but it's all done by stealing from Chrom's HP, as he only has 41 HP now making him a mediocre Panic Ploy user. The other key difference is that now Chrom is on a horse so he also has more mobility and can run Horse Emblem buffs to bolster his offensive performance, and improve upon his tankiness. Due to his new stat spread Chrom can be built in so many ways, but I'll try to mention the ones that are the most unique and distinguishable, and I'll categorize them as well.

Level 40 Stats:

HP: 37/41/44
Atk: 34/37/40
Spd: 24/28/31
Def: 31/34/37
Res: 13/17/20

BST: 156~157

Skills:

Weapon: Silver Sword > Sealed Falchion
Assist: -
Special: Luna > Aether
A: Fury 3
B: Chill Def 3
C: Sword Valor 3
Movement: Cavalry - Horse Emblem Buffs. No Wrath 3 or Steady Breath 3.

Outrunning Fate

Spoiler

Nature: +Spd, -Res/-HP (Really need that +Spd here, but of course +Atk is the second best choice.)

Weapon: Sealed Falchion
Assist: Reposition / Varies on Team
Special: Moonbow / Bonfire / Draconic Aura / Aether

A: Fury 3 / Swift Sparrow 2 / Brazen Atk/Spd 3
B: Desperation 3 / Swordbreaker 3 / Guard 3 / Quick Riposte 3
C: Ward Cavalry / Varies on Team
SS: Spd+3 / Heavy Blade 3

Notes: +Spd IV = 31 Spd,  31 Spd + Fury 3 + Spd+3 = 37 Spd, 37 Spd + Sealed Falchion (HP>100%) = 42 Spd, 42 Spd + Hone Cavalry = 48 Spd

Fury 3 - Increases his general bulk while also increasing his Atk and Spd, and gurantees HP drop after 1st Round of combat so that he can be in the Brazen Falchion range.

Swift Sparrow 2 - Makes his offensive capabilities mainly player phase reliant which works well with Heavy Blade seal actually. He doesn't sacrifice his bulk like he would've if using Life and Death instead. 

Brazen Atk/Spd 3 Gives the best offensive support when below 70% HP. Best with a HP bane Chrom.

Desperation 3 - To save Chrom from taking any counter damage when his Spd is at it's highest. Highly recommended with Brazen Atk/Spd 3 due to the low HP threshold at which Chrom performs at.

Swordbreaker 3 - Protects against speedy swords. Chrom's defenses are pretty high once he's with in Sealed Falchion range so he can still take counterattacks.

Guard 3 - With a lot of new units and builds nowadays being able to fire of a bunch of specials during player phase Guard 3 might be a good idea to avoid them.

Quick Riposte 3 - Best with Swift Sparrow 2 to ensure doubles during Enemy Phase.

Spd+3 Seal - Useful if you're not planning to run Hone Cavalry in your team to help Chrom gain Atk/Spd+6.

Heavy Blade 3 - Necessary for builds that involve the use of 3 turn cooldowns. If running Desperation necessary for 2 turn cooldowns. If running Aether will help get to the trigger faster.

Wallheart

Spoiler

Nature: +Atk/+Def, -HP/-Spd/-Res

Weapon: Sealed Falchion
Special: Bonfire / Ignis / Sol

A: Close Defense 3 / Fury 3 / Brazen Atk/Def 3 / Brazen Def/Res 3 / Sturdy Stance 2
B: Guard 3
SS: Quick Riposte 3

Notes: Don't have to give up entirely on Res thanks to Guard 3, and the availability of the QR Seal. 17+6=23+5=28. That's not that bad. If you believe Chrom's Spd is still salvageable at 28 (+5 from Sealed Falchion when below 100%HP) then - HP is the better bane. If you believe his Spd is useless for you, then go with Spd bane of course. If you want him to be completely physically oriented, and don't care for Res then Res bane is the best option so you can save his somewhat decent Spd and the standard good HP value of 41.

Close Defense 3 - Essentially bolsters his Def and Res when under attack by adjacent foes. The Res is useful to protect against the damage of dragons so that Chrom hit back hard.

Fury 3 - Another option for people looking to preserve Chrom's Spd potential. Best taken with HP bane or Res bane.

Brazen Atk/Def 3 - Works with Sealed Falchion to give Atk/Def+12 when Chrom is below 70% HP. Best taken with a Spd or HP bane.

Brazen Def/Res - Same as Atk/Def except now it's +12 Def/Res. Best taken with HP bane or Spd bane.

Surdy Stance 2 - Expensive, but useful as it allows Chrom to amp up his very high Atk while also increasing his defense during EP battles.

Guard 3 - Necessary to avoid dangerous specials that can kill Chrom.

Quick Riposte 3 - Necessary to make follow-ups when Chrom is attacked.

Apotheosis Chrom

Spoiler

Nature: +Atk/-Res

Weapon: Brave Sword+
Special: Glimmer / Bonfire / Draconic Aura / Ignis / Dragon Fang

A: Death Blow 3 / Brazen Atk/Spd 3
B: Chill Def 3 / Desperation 3
SS: Heavy Blade 3 / Brash Assault 3

Notes: I have a hard time recommending this build, but no doubt if performs a different utility than most of Chrom's other builds, and it's especially effective on this new Chrom due to him being able to receive Cavalry Buffs.

Death Blow 3 - No explanation needed.

Brazen Atk/Spd 3 - Very specific conditions necessary, but it eventually gives Chrom the best Atk and Spd support. Useful for quadding.

Chill Def 3 - Weakens the strongest enemies left so that Chrom can bully them.

Desperation 3 - Works best with Brazen Atk/Spd 3 because Chrom can reach 36 Spd even with a Brave Sword+ while below 70% HP, and receiving a Hone Cavalry boost.

Heavy Blade 3 Seal - Works particularly well due to Chrom's high Atk, and helps him burn his coodown to trigger skills like Glimmer faster. Works well with Glimmer if not running a Brazen Atk/Spd set.

Brash Assault 3 Seal - Meant only to be used with the Desperation 3 seal to let Chrom automatically Quad foes while below 50% HP. Works amazingly with Brazen Atk/Spd 3.

Ignis / Dragon Fang - Although 4 turn cooldowns will never proc on the first Quad Attack Round (assuming your using Desperation and Brash Assault seal), for the next four Quad Rounds they will.

Glimmer - With Heavy Blade seal allows Chrom to get a guaranteed Glimmer due to his immensely high Atk.

Bonfire / Draconic Aura - Will always proc on Quads as long as there is no Guard.

Edited by Ae†her

Not that it super matters, but....

19 hours ago, Ae†her said:

This is the third version of Chrom we've had in the game,

*fourth (1: OG, 2: Bun, 3: Xmas, 4: this one)

Also, having used this Chrom a bit in TT I gotta say I'm a big fan of the ol' Heavy Blade Aether, and Fury synergizing with Falchion's new effect is really cool. Who needs HP when you can pump SO much out of everything else (that matters)? Will probably be addressed in the analysis but I just wanted to throw that out there lol

Edited by BANRYU

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

Who needs HP when you can pump SO much out of everything else (that matters)? Will probably be addressed in the analysis but I just wanted to throw that out there lol

I wish they would release Brazen Atk/Spd soon into the general pool. It would be amazing to see it stack with TBK!Chrom's super Brazen and Hone Cavalry buffs.

3 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Not that it super matters, but....

*fourth (1: OG, 2: Bun, 3: Xmas, 4: this one)

Also, having used this Chrom a bit in TT I gotta say I'm a big fan of the ol' Heavy Blade Aether, and Fury synergizing with Falchion's new effect is really cool. Who needs HP when you can pump SO much out of everything else (that matters)? Will probably be addressed in the analysis but I just wanted to throw that out there lol

Oh forgot about Spring Chrom. Thanks for the reminder.

I added more banes to the analysis. HP bane really works wonders for Brazen Atk/Spd 3 setup.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I wish they would release Brazen Atk/Spd soon into the general pool. It would be amazing to see it stack with TBK!Chrom's super Brazen and Hone Cavalry buffs.

Yeah, no one wants to sacrifice a Winter Robin who also has Armor March 3 and Christmas Tree+. 

I'm having such a hard time writing and editing nowadays on this website. I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but after the website is already loaded eventually it starts to load again (I think for video ads), and the page just completely slows down to the point of 5 second delays, and I can barely type anymore forcing me to close the tab and open another page. I don't if this is only me, but it can't be my internet as I've easily been able to surf and write long posts on the site before. I know this is unrelated to the hero analysis, but I just had to say it because it's just so frustrating.

Edited by Ae†her

It's finally complete, and it only took me ... 3 days. Boy am I lazy. 

Anyways feel free to leave suggestions.