Etrian Odyssey 3 Mafia - Game Over

Grace

5 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

Why didn't you think Prims's role was weird?

Because at the point in time Rule 12 exists and you had claimed shot while someone else had died which would have implied that at the point in time, I had assumed Bartozio had fired another shot, either you were lying or he was lying and that is a 1 v 1. I'm not gonna lynch someone over things that is comparing rule 11 and 12 when there is a 1 v 1 in the mix.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I aimed my last shot of RB delay at Omega last night. Yes, I had enough TP for two shots, not one. Part of the reason why I was OK in being left to get shot by Bart, so I could at least help one last night phase.

My results said that I smacked Weapons instead, but that my ability didn't actually affect him.

I'm not sure if that was due to the fact that the swap happened, and then there was nothing to block??? But then I got confused, because I had assumed (before weapons had claimed) that I had been random-swapped to blocking Weapons instead of Omega due to Omega's ability, not Weapon's.

But if that were the case, then Weapon's ability should've never gone off in the actual swapping thing.

i think at this point we should just stop being vague with our roles because we all already claimed anyway. also we still have to remember boron/athena exist in terms of unknowns.

am i the only one who noticed town already has had a flipped roleblocker wrt omega??? 

so does town have two roleblockers

my items included a roleblocking item that affected non-killing roles. so that's three

should i just out the other items i forgot to do that. weapons claimed to get the TP-restoring item already

I don't think role delay is the same thing as role block.

But we also have a claimed ascetic and it's a scum role in this setup.

Also Omega was only a 1x roleblock.  Potentially 0x roleblock if he just chose to not spend TP on it and use the other ability only.

I think 1x roleblock, 2x role delay, and a ascetic all in the game is probably too much but I also feel the ascetic is the scum role of the three.

6 minutes ago, Eurykins said:

I aimed my last shot of RB delay at Omega last night. Yes, I had enough TP for two shots, not one. Part of the reason why I was OK in being left to get shot by Bart, so I could at least help one last night phase.

My results said that I smacked Weapons instead, but that my ability didn't actually affect him.

I'm not sure if that was due to the fact that the swap happened, and then there was nothing to block??? But then I got confused, because I had assumed (before weapons had claimed) that I had been random-swapped to blocking Weapons instead of Omega due to Omega's ability, not Weapon's.

But if that were the case, then Weapon's ability should've never gone off in the actual swapping thing.

Bodyguard role should have priority because it's main purpose is to stop roleblocking, after all.

actually duh lol two of my items roleblock. only one protects a user from non-killing actions and the other roleblocks passive skills (such as factional communication). i gave the latter to prims because I felt he might make good use of that.

okay so let me put all of my role info in one post for clarity.

1. i am napier, the merchant

2. I have 0 TP. my actions do not rely on the TP mechanic.

3. I start with 3 items.

4. item 1 restores 25 TP. item 2 protects a user from non-killing actions for one night. item 3 blocks the passive actions of the person it is used on. this includes factional communication (and i'm assuming neighbor communication, too).

5. I CAN NOT use any of these items myself. I HAVE to pass them to other players. I CAN pass multiple a night.

6. I passed all of them N1. ITEM 1 went to weapons. ITEM 2 went to marth (and died with him). ITEM 3 went to prims.

7. that is all. I am functionally a vanilla now.

I'm ______, the Hoplite

I started with 14 TP, my smaller action redirects all non-killing actions from my target to me and my larger action switches all actions between my target and me. They use 3 and 10 TP respectively. I idled N1 and swapped with Omega last night. I still have the item Via gave me and can pass it to someone else.

I'm very confused about this game.

Role interactions are as follows:
- Prims confirms Shinori is a doc who recharges TP on town death
- Bartozio attempted to vig Eury last night but was stopped by Shinori.
- Eury confirms Weapons self-drove with Omega.

I know that I'm town. Shinori seems almost certainly town from my PoV. Weapons must have been the NK target which clears him unless this is just some weird scum gambit. Bart is just unlikely scum barring some weird scenario like scum vig.

This leaves...

Boron/Eury/Athena/Via

I personally don't think Via is scum. I guess this could be a Grim Matchstick situation where somebody traditionally incapable of emulating their town meta as scum suddenly plays a really strong game, so I should probably re-read them just in case, but everything checks out imo especially the argument with Shinori which seemed like a traditional town slapfight to me.

So... Boron/Eury/Athena scumteam? I suppose it's possible there's a gambit going on with one of Bart or Weapons. Weapons, why do you think you'd get shot over me/Bartozio/Via? Why did you choose to target Omgea?

Maybe there's like, Shinori/Eury scumbuddies two games in a row and Grace is going to put "lol gotcha stop rolespeccing my games :)" in my postgame writeup. Bleh I don't think Shinori's play is scummy though.

I'm Camus, the Zodiac (cause playing as a physical class would make Camus to OP I guess), I started with 50 TP.

I have two actions, one can kill someone, the other let's my targets actions cost 0 TP for that night. The first costs 50 TP, the second one costs 12.

i think it would be really weird if my role were scum for it to have an item that can kill someone's factional communication for a night but also i shouldn't rely on rolespec in a grace game i guess. it would be a silly dumb useless item for scum though that i would have to never pass ever (i guess if it works on neighbor communication that's another way to use it) or gambit with it but i'm really bad at scum gambitting lets be real here you guys.

i still think it's possible eury could be scum. so from my pov it'd have to be eury/athena/boron. i'm just hanging onto prims's read of him because i Cant read shinori. and i really think weapons is town. i was hard townreading him all game; he's playing in that loose way i can't see scum!weapons doing with some of the stuff he's pulling, especially today. boron i was more or less scumreading since yesterday and athena is entirely poe I Guess. even though prims has been not very motivated i read his D1 as town and the way he claimed his role was town. 

the eury/shinori buddying all game has been kind of grating though i dont really know why shinori is so convinced she's town.

7 minutes ago, Prims said:

So... Boron/Eury/Athena scumteam? I suppose it's possible there's a gambit going on with one of Bart or Weapons. Weapons, why do you think you'd get shot over me/Bartozio/Via? Why did you choose to target Omgea?

I figured there was a decent chance since no one was scumreading me yesterday. I wasn't really sure what to do with my role otherwise anyway, plus I have the TP restoring item, so I figured why not try to make the plays. I didn't really think about my target too hard, and was starting to suspect Omega so I figured there was a decent shot there.

Come to think of it, I guess my role is there to stop roleblocking, so one of the roleblockers should be scum? Or what actions is bodyguard good for stopping? I think Shinori's actions make more sense as doc who saved Eury at the start of the day. We've PoE'd Boron and Athena, but they haven't even posted yet and I'll have to think about who among the active players is the last one.