Etrian Odyssey 3 Mafia - Game Over

Grace

No but no doctor is ever notified about blocking or stopping a kill.

I still don't see scum Bartozio claiming a vig shot on night 1 towards Eury. They would literally be lynched the following day if Eury doesn't flip dead.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I just realized I have both Eury and Snike on my scumlist, which doesn't make any sense if they share a QT, I'm going to have to take another look at this. I'm willing to go along with the "anonymous chat"-argument that says they're on different sides, I'm not sure who is scum though. It's probably Snike, but I'm not convinced by Shinori's meta-argument, an experienced player can certainly force a different playstyle for a while, especially when your posting strategy involves infrequent but long posts you can spend a lot of time and thought on. I'd lynch Snike over Eury atm but am not certain.

As for the other two members, I still feel Via is town and also still think scum!Shinori doccing Eury for towncred is too convoluted, so Shinori is still on my townlist. I would also find it incredibly weird for scum!Prims to not only not kill Shinori but also confirm him. Like said before, the only way Shinori is a fake doc is if Prims and Bartozio are scum as well and went for a plan that falls apart if an investigative role check Shinori.

PoE leads to Bartozio and Weapons remaining, which is weird.

I can see Weapons being scum, his role is scummy af and his current day has mostly instigated chaos, and his "no-lynch" vote is weird as it allows scum to chose whether thay want to kill someone or whether they want to put us back into this situation.
Scum!Bartozio seems a lot less likely, as a vig-claim form scum!Bartozio seems incredibly ballsy.

This is the part where my brain melts instead of coming to a conclusion...

So either Weapons was actually right and there are some convoluted strategies w/ respect to Shinori and Prims

Or Bartozio made a ballsy vig-claim.

I'm gonna go with the latter as I still find the former too ridiculous, and most likely requires scum!Bartozio as well to work. Now that I think about it, is a vigclaim even that risky? I mean, almost every mafia game has a doc of some kind and I can see him betting on a doc willing to go for a guaranteed heal. I can also see him going for a roleblocked-claim or Eury night-immunity claim if things don't work out. Also, consider this claim was made under pressure after he first made a investigative claim.

So yeah, my scumteam atm looks like:
Snike/Weapons/Bartozio

I'm most certain about weapons. I'm pretty sure about Snike, though this spot could also be Eury. Bart is the result of PoE.

I'm really confused and unsure though. I don't like it, but at the same time, no other scumteam makes any sense?

How is weapons scum athena?  He claimed to be shot and his role action has been proven by Eury's claim.  Unless you feel Eury/Weapons are buddies and everything is hell Weapons can't be scum. And you don't have Eury on your scum list which means you think Eury is town, and if eury is town she wouldn't lie about her action and if she didn't lie about her actions Weapons was the night kill target last night.

3 minutes ago, Shinori said:

How is weapons scum athena?  He claimed to be shot and his role action has been proven by Eury's claim.  Unless you feel Eury/Weapons are buddies and everything is hell Weapons can't be scum. And you don't have Eury on your scum list which means you think Eury is town, and if eury is town she wouldn't lie about her action and if she didn't lie about her actions Weapons was the night kill target last night.

Let me get back to you in a sec, I think I need to reread Eury's post on that as I might have misinterpreted it. Also, I'm not that convinced she's town. If what you're saying is correct I might have to swap her with Snike I guess?

Just now, athena_57 said:

Let me get back to you in a sec, I think I need to reread Eury's post on that as I might have misinterpreted it. Also, I'm not that convinced she's town. If what you're saying is correct I might have to swap her with Snike I guess?

Yeah your reads are like on people that I'm pretty sure are obv town.

Snike/Athena lynchs should be good to go I feel.

FWIW, I think Eury killed Neighbor B.

More seriously:

Also I can see it since scum decided to jan the potentially Weak (modifier) role n1 and I think bart panicclaimed.

Re: Weapons: delay immunity feels bad on an already scummy role. But I don't think he's buddies with prims/shinori in one scenario so it would have to be in the first post I had.

On Shinori's PoE: I think that assumes a lot of things, like that I would actively sub into a slot 90% guaranteed to be lynched as scum, that Manix would give the scumteam both of the known roles with 0 or without tp at all, and that commute and ascetic would be on the same team without known roleblockers.

WIFOM, but come on.

I don't count subs coming in or going out as Alignment indicative.  So don't use this argument as an actual reason:

3 minutes ago, Snike said:

like that I would actively sub into a slot 90% guaranteed to be lynched as scum

And for the record. I think you would.

Just now, Shinori said:

I don't count subs coming in or going out as Alignment indicative.  So don't use this argument as an actual reason:

And for the record. I think you would.

Fair enough but at the same time wouldn't you say it's more likely if mling that slot leads to town loss after already having a modkill? It's not even important to the rest of my arguments.

The rest of my stuff still stands.

Okay, I missed the part where Eury said she was notified she actually "targeted" (was forced to target) Weapons, I thought she was speculating on that. So you're right that Eury and Weapons have to be on the same side.

AAAARGH MY HEAD

So Eury/Weapons/Bartozio ? Er..... This goes against my gut on 2 of the 3.

Maybe the Shinori/Prims/Bartozio scumteam is the best choice after all.... No fucking way though.

Okay wait, Eury and Weapons are on the same team. Snike is in the other. Shinori and Prims are in the same team. Shinori and Prims can't be a scumteam unless Bartozio is the third member.

The only other possibility left is that my (and basically everyone's?) read on Via is wrong, this could mean either Via/Snike/Bartozio or Via/Eury/Weapons.

I'm really tired atm, I'm gonna sleep on this and see if I feel more comfortable about scumreading any of these four groups tomorrow than I do now.

Current claims:

Shinori - Omniguard
Snike - Ascetic + Neighbor
Eury - 2x role delay + Neighbor
Weapons - Bodyguard esque role
Athena - non consecutive 2x commute(basically)
Prims - 1x role cop + 3x announcer
Via - Inventor esque role: Gave out three items(Don't remember exact items someone halp I don't wanna find the post)
Bartozio - 1 shot vig and some other roll that didn't really matter I think.

Dead peeps:

Clarinets - Tracker
Kokichi - ????
Bluedoom - Some weird item duplicate person.  Could also make items that did nothing?
Omega - 1x roleblock + random redirect for non killing actions.

Now let's break stuff down, the following is gonna be some massive role speculation so be prepared.  Also is just my guesses to look at potential scum team role sets.

Spoiler

Town:

Omniguard(me)
Bodyguard esque redirect(was shot)[Redirects himself with another person I think?]
Vig(claimed to shoot)
Tracker(Flipped)
Role block 1x(Flipped
Duplicator(flipped)

Unknown:

Inventor
2x role delay + neighbor
Ascetic + neighbor
1x role cop + 3x announcer
Commuter

This leaves us with a total of 4 role blocking esque abilities as well as one role blocking esque item from Via and 2 redirecting abilities.

Hypothetical scum team was this:

Ascetic + Neighbor
Role cop
Commuter

And I think this makes a fine scum team and matches.  This gives town roleblock, role delay and potentially Via item while also having redirect.  Tracker being the main thing that makes me doubt scum ascetic.  But I think this game was meant to be heavy on the night action chaos with people blocking and redirecting around everywhere. Sadly we don't know what SB's role was and Obviously some people are lying as they are scum.  Frankly I don't quite believe the Commuter claim and it's unproven and I don't know if we will even be able to ever prove it.  Bullet points:

Can't see the reason for Scum!Via to not just give items to her buddies unless some are bad but I doubt that, might seem slightly bastard-ish depending.  Also can't see why this role would be a seperate alignment from the item duplicator at all.  For this reason I heavily believe Via is town.

Vig is not proven vig but I don't see Scum!Bart claiming the way he did when he did, especially no one was asking for a doc on Eury and fake-claiming such a thing when Bart WASNT under actual lynch pressure would have just pointlessly got him killed.  There is no way we should lynch Bart today.

Weapons has his role confirmed by Eury so they would have to be scum together for him to be scum at all and I don't think that's the case.  Him claiming to be shot makes me say that he's town in this situation.  We shouldn't lynch Weapons based off of 'what-ifs'.

Not lynching me cause I'm omniguard and I'm the only way town potentially can do anything with all the claimed blocks/delays.  Specifically though I don't think my role would allow vig to shoot an ascetic or a commuter because it says it protects them from ALL actions.  The all is emphasized though and not the actions.  Actions is still a keyword.

That leaves: Eury(role delay), Prims(1x role cop), Athena(commuter), Snike(Ascetic)

1x role cop is weak as fuck for town and I don't think it makes sense first of all.  What's the chances a 1x role cop even works the way you want it at all in this set up?  Also what does a 1x role cop even gain from this game as town-sided.  The only people they can inspect that give them off town vibes are things like omniguard, vig, and maybe the inventor or duplicator.  I don't see how a 1x role cop fits in the set up for side.  I could however guess limited role-cop town side, especially if the commuter and the ascetic are scum sided because they don't randomly risk wasting the limited action and getting to do nothing for the whole game.  For this reason I think Prims is scum.  Not to mention his scum!meta day 1.

Athena claimed commuter, This is unprovable and their reads are on people that are pretty obv town I feel.  Especially considering the fact that he could potentially just state that he commuted last night and then he can't do it tonight so that would mean that there is no way to prove it at all.  Especially in MYLO.  The combination of the weird reads and the role make me feel Athena is scum.

That leaves us with Eury and Snike which is where it gets weird.  I don't QUITE see the reason of a town role delay outside of pseudo protection.  If it delays night kills then this could be planned to be used in co-ordination with a doctor maybe in some way.  I also don't see the point of town ascetic that much.  Ascetic and commute also do basically the same thing I feel except Ascetic is like way better so I don't see how both could exist and both be town-sided.  Ascetic is very strong for scum though in a game like this I would feel.  Not counting Snike's sub in quite at the moment Boron's early game posts have a lot of scum-intent behind them.  Easy wagon hopes and not the strongest scum hunting was happening.  The weird comment she made WRT me and Via when we had our argument is also weird.  I know ignoring Snike isn't that fair entirely to him but I can't just blatantly ignore the scum actions that happened before he subbed in.  When you compare Eury to Boron, Boron is worse in my eyes and thus I feel Snike is scum.

The only things I could really see changing my thoughts on these reads is Eury potentially being scum in place of Snike, but then 2x role delay is weird for scum to have imo and would most likely be outted extremely quickly as whoever is targeted by it would claim it most likely and the scum role delay would most likely never claim the roll: OR Snike being swapped out for Via and Via using her action for town cred instead of just giving scum all the items.

Iono I feel the most confident in a snike lynch but that's also the only person I'd swap out at the moment on the scum teams that I could think of.  Prims is probably the best lynch for today I think.  He's role doesn't make sense for town in this setup at all.  I think I would probably prefer this.

I'm starting to ramble but I mean really: Other scum teams plausible that people are mentioning don't make much sense.  Eury/Weapons would have to be a scum team if you think either of them is scum and I don't see how that could possibly work out given role actions and roles that have been claimed at all, however it is the only actually plausible thing people have posted WRT actual scum teams, that being said I still don't see it and if they are scum together then their shot on Omega claiming redirected from weapons is pretty fuqin good.  Me/Prims doesn't make sense because then town's only actual protection is all of the roleblock's/role delays and what not, and mostly all of those could almost be used up on night 1 as a lot are like 1x or 2x.  Bartozio/Eury makes zero sense at all either because that D2 play of claiming vig makes ZERO sense from scum perspective and would just get them killed.

This game is hell.  Yeah at the moment I don't see my mind changing from my current ideas that much and I don't want to second guess myself too much more than I already am.  Role speccing this is hard and stupid and nothing makes sense except for the fact that Prim's role doesn't add up.

4 hours ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

@Bartozio, why did you shoot N1? Why not use your other role 4x instead?

##Vote: No Lynch

Would really rather someone died tonight. Who can make use of extra TP? I can pass it along this night phase, but otherwise will use it and switch myself with who I think will be nk’d. @Shinori you need to full claim too.

Snike claiming would be nice any time now. I guess Eury/Snike/Athena makes sense as a scum team? I can’t shake the feeling that scum organized their claims to corroborate each other, but I can’t figure out what configuration makes sense. On second thought, maybe a Snike lynch would be fine and if it’s gg then it’s gg; I don’t want to think about this game anymore.

I had no idea who had any good roles, and it felt to me like town was likely to default to an Eury lynch D2. I felt that killing her would help speed up the game a bit, especially cause I thought she'd flip scum.

4 hours ago, Snike said:

-That leaves Athena, Bartozio, Weapons, and Eury.

-Despite the paranoia I think Eury's townie because the delaying shots appear to match up (Minus Weapons) + I feel like outing neighbors with flavor was a protown move. That being said action delayer is a scummy role because the role delayed could just be shot the next night and thus dies the result.

-Athena is a commute in a game with a town ascetic. Really. The commute could also be used to stop the tracker, like clarinets.

-Bartozio is the role in the game I think most likely to be hiding a material-using role outside of SB's missing role. The only confirmation that we have that he's actually a vigilante from what I understand (unless I've missed something) is from his own words and the fact that he can only use one of his role abilities where from what's public I think everyone with an active role can use one or both of their abilities multiple times w/o items so not being able to use that secondary ability is ???. Also SB claiming he could accidentally kill someone by dying along with a vigilante feels too swingy, and even if that is the case why did he shoot night 1 knowing that?

Are you seriously assuming I faked having shot Eury? To do what, save Eury from a lynch to force scum to kill her, when she was the next biggest wagon D1? Cause otherwise, what in the world would I have done if Shinori hadn't docced her?

Also, I can use my secondary ability four times if I hadn't used my shot. A vig shot is also pretty strong, so being able to use it freely would make less sense imo.

1 hour ago, Shinori said:

I highly doubt this is a scum gambit claiming neighbors on day 2 and NOT having the other scum neighbor claiming.  Thus if Snike is scum, Eury is most likely 100% town.  I've had part of this thought in my head since day 2 when neighbor stuff was first revealed and the neighbor wasn't claiming.

This is actually a good point.

1 hour ago, Snike said:

-On Bartozio: Actually yes I am scumreading him. Unless my levels of reading have devolved to those of BBM I think Bart claimed info then vig when pressured, and I remember thinking that looked like a botched fakeclaim. Other contributing factors include shooting N1 when a player has admitted that they could accidentally die because of their role and not even considering to use the other power. I think it's more reckless scum than reckless town.

How do you even know I didn't consider using my other power? Have I been sleep talking in a neighbor QT?

Please tell me how I was under pressure before claiming vig? Literally everyone decided to not lynch me because they thought I was an info role. I claimed after Prims called for an Eury lynch. Why would I actually want to prevent this if I was trying to fake an info role as scum? If she'd get lynched, that's just one more investigate I wouldn't have to fake. There was literally no pressure for scum!me to stop pretending to be an info role.

I also never claimed to be an info role, I just claimed in a vague way. I did try to imply it to draw the nightkill to me though (since I was functionally vanilla anyway).

1 hour ago, athena_57 said:

As for the other two members, I still feel Via is town and also still think scum!Shinori doccing Eury for towncred is too convoluted, so Shinori is still on my townlist. I would also find it incredibly weird for scum!Prims to not only not kill Shinori but also confirm him. Like said before, the only way Shinori is a fake doc is if Prims and Bartozio are scum as well and went for a plan that falls apart if an investigative role check Shinori.

It's also possible I'm town but Eury is scum and can survive a shot actually.

1 hour ago, athena_57 said:

PoE leads to Bartozio and Weapons remaining, which is weird.

I can see Weapons being scum, his role is scummy af and his current day has mostly instigated chaos, and his "no-lynch" vote is weird as it allows scum to chose whether thay want to kill someone or whether they want to put us back into this situation.
Scum!Bartozio seems a lot less likely, as a vig-claim form scum!Bartozio seems incredibly ballsy.

This is the part where my brain melts instead of coming to a conclusion...

So either Weapons was actually right and there are some convoluted strategies w/ respect to Shinori and Prims

Or Bartozio made a ballsy vig-claim.

I'm gonna go with the latter as I still find the former too ridiculous, and most likely requires scum!Bartozio as well to work. Now that I think about it, is a vigclaim even that risky? I mean, almost every mafia game has a doc of some kind and I can see him betting on a doc willing to go for a guaranteed heal. I can also see him going for a roleblocked-claim or Eury night-immunity claim if things don't work out. Also, consider this claim was made under pressure after he first made a investigative claim.

How am I needed for Weapons to be scum? There's literally nothing tying our roles together.

I think people are really forgetting how Eury was a major scumread of a lot of people D1 and even D2. I honestly never expected a doc to save Eury instead of trying to block the night kill. Most people would have just thought her dying from my shot would be a lot easier then lynching her.

Also, where are people getting I was under pressure before my vig claim? I can see how my initial claim can look like it was made under pressure, but who exactly was pressuring me after that?

Going to properly read stuff tommorow after I get some sleep.

1-shot rolecop doesn't fit in the set-up but you think having two action immune scum does?

I'm pretty uninterested in the role puzzle at this point. I think the Snike/Boron slot is scum and would prefer to lynch there then figure out what to do afterwards.

I guess it makes sense if you think Athena is scum who can't commute and is lying about it.

I still want to lynch Snike/Boron. Pushing Bartozio at this point seems like a desperation strategy.

3 hours ago, Snike said:

FWIW, I think Eury killed Neighbor B.

No, they just left 'cause you scared them away. Besides, I like the letter C over B personally.

To the rest of the thoughts:

Commuter claim feels more like a role based on surviving/protecting themselves over someone else (moreso self-serving). A more scum-sided role of interest than town. Factoring in other protection roles- doc, RB's, etc. seems less likely to be townsided IMO.

Via's item-giving role reminds me of Marth's flip, but different utility. Kinda made me wonder in terms of how many item-based roles would actually be considered OK for townside to have, but also comes with the territory/chance of mis-giving items to scum for use. 

I'm OK with Snike/boron slot removal. At this point, this wagon/slot is probably just being shoved by town and scum side alike since I don't see much interest in saving the sinking ship. We probably won't get much more associative reads coming from their flip sadly, unless it reveals more than just ascetic information/role coming into light. But scum lynch is a scum lynch, and keeps us moving forward.

> Though I feel like it would make sense for Snike/Boron slot to be scum, since between a Neighbor pair and Clarinet's Tracker + Messenger role, that leaves a lot of potential conversing outside of the thread for just townside to have. And that some part of it should be scumside (to be able to have some hand in hearing some of the townside thoughts/messages and possibly being able to disrupt the flow of information between players) to level things out. That plus the Ascetic side seems far more scum-sided serving, in terms of avoiding a lot of roles form influencing them. 

Still having trouble with Weapon's role/claims. Doc + Drive/Bodyguard + RB's in varied means on townside still feels way too convoluted and crowded to allow scum to have a good fluid means of killing townside (though clearly us townies suck royals this game 'cause MYLO things).  In this case, either Shinori took a MASSIVE gamble and delayed acquiring a second NK on townside in saving me, or Weapons isn't being honest at all about being the actual NK target. The latter has far less risk in the claim, and outside of my own interaction with his ability (the only real means of proof of his role going off the way he claims it was done), there is no real way to prove what actually happened in terms of targeting abilities and who was ACTUALLY meant to die between Weapons/Omega. Again, something that could easily be manipulated, which is bothering me the more I think about things.

Pure rolespec: The fact that I also had no effect on Weapons made me consider another option, though unsure how plausible it could've been. HAD I BEEN MOVED TO WEAPONS VIA OMEGA'S ROLE (and not by Weapons' claimed swapping of himself and Omega), AND MY ROLE STILL NOT BEING APPLICABLE TO GOING OFF, IT OPENS UP THE DOORS/POSSIBILITY OF A STRONGMAN ROLE (or something that enables it). Which, as a result of the amount of RB's/guards/docs/etc. that have been claimed so far, leads my consideration of this being a thing of being fairly possible.

> If a strongman is involved in the game, then a commute role COULD be considered almost required to have SOMEONE being able to survive the kill attempt if made on them, so could thus be rendered as being more townside. Especially if it was a one-shot ability that consumed most of the player's (if not all) TP in order to secure an almost guaranteed kill, assuming no commute disrupts their attempt. However, at this point, this is pure muddled role spec that probably does us no good, but has been something that has eaten at me slightly ever since the N2 results came back to me that my ability was rendered as not applying to Weapons that night.

Rolecop. I hate being the role, and I dislike seeing the claim for others, in terms of the rep/notions that it gets from people. Gut instinct reads that scum has more to benefit from role copping than townside does, and that the announcement side of the role is moreso for a safer claim to resort to (and seems more townie-ish). Part of this is muddled due to the massive amounts of actual roles this game though (due to the set-up), so I'm not sure how I feel about the slot. I also feel that the gameplay revolving around when Bart decided to claim his shot on my life was really odd, and if it was a scum gambit to attempt to gain towncred (by attempting to "attract" a shot when, as scum, none would really be shot at him anyways), then it was a pretty easy one.

@Bartozio To be honest, Shinori is probably the only person who was willing to save me. Hell, I thought I was gonna die, and was like, "Welp, this is it guys" and assumed I was dead come the start of the day phase. I kinda already accepted my fate, so this game kinda threw me for a loop when something/someone bothered to protect my slot. 

On the other hand, everyone else assuming I'd be dead and things be easier also made things easier for the scum team to aim for mislynches in D2 though, tbh. The main reason why I really wanted to fight against me being lynched and being shot instead was to see if you were what you were, and to be able to try and give townside one last action from me to hopefully prevent a kill. Granted, D2 kinda got fucked over by that modkill thing that happened and forced the end of the day phase, which really put townside in an uphill battle against scum since we have yet to lynch or remove a single one yet by any means.

I'm a bit irate at myself for having been stuck on townies thus far (I suck at this game apparently, moreso than I thought LOL), and I bet you anything that scum is rolling on the ground laughing at this point based on how much we're fucking running around in circles like chickens with their heads cut off and miscasing/mislynching townies as scum left and right all game.

Also, on a side note, I already claimed about not being bulletproof, deathproof, or any role that had a self-protective measure built into it. Nothing about my role has anything that innately protects me from a killing shot, period. If someone shoots me, I'm dead. Period. Unless an outside source stops it, or I get insanely lucky enough to RB delay the shot, but even then only delays my death by one day phase. That's probably the ONLY thing I've done right in terms of protecting and helping townside so far this game, sadly enough. o_e;;

People I would be OK removing this day phase: Boron/Snike slot, Weapons, Athena, Prims maybe? (Reflecting priority as well from Left -> Right/ Highest Interest -> More suspect but not highest priority).

People who would have to be pulling a crazy fucking gambit in order to be scum: Shinori (It scares me how much I've not scum read him this entire game tbh, but I still don't feel like he's really scum, because I doubt scum!nori would remove the chance for ez 2 kills for scum last night by saving me from Bart's shot), Bartozio, Via (Not really reading him badly though for the majority of the game. The players to whom he's given items to have matched up pretty well with his reads in-thread too, so would seem hella generous for scum!via to want to give out all of those items like that to non-scum team members.)

This game hurts my head. :(

If you are telling the truth about your role, Weapons told the truth about his and that means you would know he was shot.

Like there is no if's ands or buts about it.  IF you're town Weapons should be obv town to you and your 100% inno person on your list.  Your actions last night if true should literally clear him to you.

Also, forgot to mention this, but NL probably wouldn't help us at all.

I will not vote for NL. I don't see the benefit of it, especially since (according to all of the listed claims) there isn't a direct means of tracking/watching/investigation/etc. for us to be able to for sure weed out people during the next night phase and delaying things. It's going to just  open up the doors for us to lose another townie, and it'll probably be someone that's a relatively strong town read across the board. Which will give us little to no help at all in the matter. 

We need to lock down scum, or we're finished IMO. Can't expect to carve out a townside victory if we think sitting on our hands is really the best course of action here.

4 minutes ago, Shinori said:

If you are telling the truth about your role, Weapons told the truth about his and that means you would know he was shot.

Like there is no if's ands or buts about it.  IF you're town Weapons should be obv town to you and your 100% inno person on your list.  Your actions last night if true should literally clear him to you.

My ROLE/information back told me that I was redirected TO him and my role FAILED. Like, didn't actually RB him or anything.

That pulled up two options for me.

A. Weapons is telling the truth, which would be fine.

OR. 

B. Omega ended up redirecting me to Weapons. Weapons has a means of being Immune or otherwise unaffected by MY role/ability.

Claim/flip wise, 2 sources could have redirected me to Weapons N2. Not just one. Weapons is by no means cleared to me as a result.

Also it would not have struck me as odd if Omega had chosen to scramble up my action with his role. He was very much on the fence in terms of being uncertain about me during the latter half of his ISO posts, behind that of Marth. However, given how Marth ended up flipping/being, I wouldn't put it past him to have turned his lense of suspect onto me and looked at me with mild distrust. Could've also contributed the use of that former ability (over his stronger RB one) to the fact that he assumed that I was to die anyways and thus needed to do less to affect my overall affect post N2.

Your role probably failed because he has higher priority.  Thus there is no action to Delay.

Also Omega would probably use his TP primarily for role blocking.  Also people expected you to die so those two things combined and you claiming having used your 1x shot action I doubt Omega targeted you.

It wasn't specific. Omega's role states that it randomly selects another player to target. Maybe RNG just sucked N2.

Also, the timing of Omega's claim doesn't really do much either IMO. If it's a scum gambit, then why wouldn't he claim it sooner than later?

Like it's 100% more logical to think that weapons claimed the truth with his role and your action confirming that.

Instead of going off on some wild goose chase where Weapons HAPPENED to claim a redirecting roll and claimed to HAPPEN to target Omega and you HAPPENED to also target Omega while Omega HAPPENED to target you and you just HAPPENED to get redirected to Weapons.