Etrian Odyssey 3 Mafia - Game Over

Grace

so yeah no that doesn't bother me. I should respond to eury but I don't really know what I'd say to her other than I'm just going off how I feel ed1 (and I'm not good at reading marth on a meta level so I'm trying not to rely on that)

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured that was what Weapons would say. It’s dull, but I suppose that’s just the truth of things sometimes. Lies are so much better.

As for my alignment, I don’t really know! I’m feeling kind of like a serial killer at this point. It’s terribly lonely, why won’t any of you be my friends?

Via just reminded me that I’m not going to respond to Eury’s post either because I don’t want to get stuck in rolespec land this early. I’m at least waiting for the fourth hooker claim before getting into that.

2 hours ago, Prims said:

##Unvote
##Vote: Clarinets
For repeatedly coming back to respond to ~RVS pressure~ but not talking about anything else that's going on or trying to be otherwise productive.

Nothing else seemed worth talking about.

10 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Are you serious about your role, Clarinets?

##Vote: Bartozio That weapons vote felt like something scum would make, can't really put a finger on what though.

Not sure what to feel about that dream, gg.

Now that I think about, this is definitely weird. Why would you ask the first question, as if it's not clear that Grace would just give away the scumteam in a role pm?

##Unvote

##Vote: Marth

I think Prims worded it better for me but the wagonhop looked awkward to me. Bartozio has done something similar as scum in P5 mafia so I don't think its unreasonable to push him for that.

Anyway, ##Unvote ##Vote: Boron

I feel like the point she made about me was already made by Eury and other people were discussing it too, but it looks weird that she avoided other topics in page 2 like prims clarinets vote or people talking about weapons, kinda feel like she just wanted to stick a vote on me since people were mentioning that my vote was odd.

@WeaponsofMassConstruction Grace has made games with roles like MASS TAILOR and MAFIA LOVERS and MAFIA THAT LOSES NK ABILITY so I wouldn't put it past her to make some weird Informed townie role about a scumteam that might have something off about.

I ask because it seems to imply you agree with the reasoning against bartozio, but you vote Boron simply because you feel she didn't comment on much else that has happened and that her vote was very sheepy/weak.  So yeah: what about me?

I'm starting to drink some so let's get this party started.

27 minutes ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Grace has made games with roles like MASS TAILOR and MAFIA LOVERS and MAFIA THAT LOSES NK ABILITY so I wouldn't put it past her to make some weird Informed townie role about a scumteam that might have something off about.

wat

There is no way you could actually believe that Clarinet's was serious on page 1.

The only way her claim makes any sense is if she is some variant of a psychic where they would be told 3 names and then told that one of those 3 people is scum.  And there is no way that happens DAY 1.

should i get high to accompany you shinori

now that i think of it why would scum!marth ask clarinets if her claim was serious? is that even alignment-indicative? seems kinda dumb

Like I didn't think he'd have the full scum team or anything in the PM but at first glance it looked like Informed Townie with a caveat but I wasn't sure about it with the way he hopped on to the Weapons wagon so that's why I asked.

I'm cool with your vote because in the post where you voted Weapons you showed that you were looking at other stuff happening in the game. Also I assume the basis for your vote was Weapon's comment about alignment? Which looks weird and I think it is reasonable to vote him for that.

I think with Boron vs Bartozio it is more that when Bartozio made his vote page 1 was full of RVS votes and nothing of substance, but when Boron made her vote there was actual discussion happening 

Also this is gut but like asking me a question and voting me looks weird compared to the way Via and SB vote me because its a good way for scum to back off from their vote citing a "satisfying response" even though the vote doesn't actually do anything to push the game in any direction. Like you can just pass it off as a question and nothing else. Dunno if this explains it better?

All this being said I do think Clarinet's using a joke as an excuse to vote Weapons looks bad now and I agree with the votes on him, I think my vote is in a better place though. 

19 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

Ok, Marth's recent stuff has been a satisfying response. Voting Clarinets again because I want to hear some reads from the slot considering now how things are picking up.

##Unvote

You're doing this on purpose aren't you?

##unvote

yeah not interested in this vote anymore, and the clarinets wagon has enough votes on it now I'm hesitant to add another one cuz it's not going to be of much use. I'll have more to offer after work tomorrow/sunday provided more has happened. sorry about being apathetic I'm really tired

Okay, reading back I've decided to place my vote on Clarinets. Mostly because after being asked to talk more his only post was that he didn't feel anything was worth talking about yesterday. This bothers me because he still hasn't said ANYTHING about how he feels about anyone. His only "relevant" post was a vote on the quickly accumalating Weapons wagon, which doesn't help his case either.

@Clarinets I wan't to hear thoughts/reads from you and also your opinion on your vote being on weapons currently. Is it serious? 

Also, could someone tell me who is meant by 'Boron'? And just to be certain, is Marth Magnificence Incarnate?

6 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

Okay, reading back I've decided to place my vote on Clarinets. Mostly because after being asked to talk more his only post was that he didn't feel anything was worth talking about yesterday. This bothers me because he still hasn't said ANYTHING about how he feels about anyone. His only "relevant" post was a vote on the quickly accumalating Weapons wagon, which doesn't help his case either.

@Clarinets I wan't to hear thoughts/reads from you and also your opinion on your vote being on weapons currently. Is it serious? 

Also, could someone tell me who is meant by 'Boron'? And just to be certain, is Marth Magnificence Incarnate?

Sunwoo = Boron, and yeah, Marth = Magnificence Incarnate

Marth, I'm not going to talk about things I don't have much thought on if I don't have anything of note to say. I voted on page fucking two -- stuff about Clarinets and Weapons had barely started. It was just Prims and Shinori putting a non-RVS vote on them, and I wasn't even around after I posted to see their response. When I posted, we were barely leaving RVS.

Vote stays because I don't like Marth's reaction to it. He's saying that my vote's only there because other people were talking about him, not because I suspect him, and is exaggerating the amount of "discussion" I supposedly dodged to make me look worse.

Literally have no idea what Omega's trying to say, or how I'm even supposed to respond to it.

I don't disagree with the basis for Prims' Clarinets vote, but I am bothered by how it's gained three votes within a relatively short span of time. I agree that at this point he should give thoughts on the game, but I'm concerned that Clarinets is also an easy vote park for scum that could also be removed without suspicion if what he says is satisfactory. I think Shinori and Weapons' votes bother me a bit more than Athena's, just because it feels like they're voting him to talk more so than they actually suspect him. Shinori why do you feel Clarinets is more vote-worthy than Weapons or Bartozio?

Also, I'm having a hard time focusing on the screen I'm so fucking tired. Will be back whenever I feel like it.

Bought to go to bed but in short.

Bartozio wasn't around and Clarinets appeared to be around at the time I made the vote.  Also his most recent post on page 3 really struck me as bad in response to Prims.

Weapons appears to just be trolling and I can't get an accurate read on that.

Night.

Clarinets feels like that white noise you hear in the background currently- where is the scumhunting efforts? I get that it was still around ED1, but faking an informed claim, adding a vote with it, and then passing it off as a simple joke is a little excessive for RVS shinanegans. 

@Clarinets What are your thoughts on the players thus far? On the wagon/votes that you seemed to have acquired? Are they justified, or do you believe there is scum intent on your wagon?

@Prims I also found Weapon's posts odd wrt town thing, but I have not personally played with him much to know whether it's common or not coming from him. Does his action match up to any meta records you may be aware of, and what sort of response via SB would affect in either direction how you read Weapon's slot?

Marth's reaction to Boron's post feels mildly bad to me. Kinda smelled of OMGUS-esque reaction and the role spec of the obviously faked claim by Clarinets confuses me slightly, with the unrealistic aspect to it- even if part of it is due to the host (whom I have zero personal experience with, as far as I know/remember). 

@Magnificence Incarnate Was the part of not taking much notice towards Prims/Weapons create any sense of association between any of them with Sunwoo? Or was it a matter of easy voting/wagoning? But if there was intent for an easy wagon, why would Clarinets not have been a viable choice as well, when there was probably (and still is) more agreeable cases towards Clarinets than yourself? Is there scum intent from Sunwoo's action, or was the timing just poor in the moment it occurred?

Given the fact that Marth's vote (which is what Sunwoo voted him for) was the 3rd post on Page 2, I do not think that it was unlikely that it was one of the first things that caught Sunwoo's attention while posting. 

However, I would like to know more about what you think of the rest of the player base, @Sunwoo.

@Omega Combining an RVS vote + actual vote- is that really something that is necessarily done to look "busy", when it was still partially in RVS/leaving RVS when the vote was made? In addition, was there no other thoughts wrt anything else from page 2 on? 

@Shinori That's an easy sheepy vote on Clarinets. Kinda explained in the latter post, but in what way did Clarinet's post strike you as "bad"? Laziness in not scumhunting? Complacency? Scum intent or not? Also reads on the rest of the players?

@Vi-astra Can I get an update on your reads on the players when you have the time? You seem disinterested in Marth/Weapons, but what of the rest?

Clarinets is the most distracting slot currently, and I would be fine voting if not for the immense wagon pressure currently. I have no idea what the votals are currently, but read at least 4-5 votes scanning quickly over page 2-3. Not going to put anyone at the threat of an early hammer this early in the day phase, but I am okay and supportive of the wagon currently.