Etrian Odyssey 3 Mafia - Game Over

Grace

I think doc alone would be MMMMeh to read as a town role but doc that charges on town death?????? it's kind of like my role in that it just makes more sense for town to have. and it's been confirmed by another player in the game that this is shinori's role, so there isn't any bullshitting. (unless prims/shinori scumteam but that's dumb.)

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyway im going to sleep/game Before i sleep i'll be back after work tomorrow (or before work or on my work break. we will never know)

Just now, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

maybe grace forgot to put mafia in this game

Image result for small thinking emoji image

Oh, so now you guys want to ping me?

You know, regardless of alignment, just because I'm online on discord or posting on other parts of SF doesn't mean I'm actually online. People spent a good part of earlygame pinging me like mad and really annoying me, and when I'm not around no one bothers me to notify me then and suddenly "oh she's scum because she's not around"? I mean, I know I've been playing like shit this game. What else is fucking new. I have no problem with people scum reading me because of my actions. But not actually being around doesn't make me scum, especially when no one tries to get my attention!

Also, I'm especially mad at a certain someone. No, I don't care that it's been two days. I'm still not over it, and at this point I'm not sure that I will be. I've literally never been so upset over something that should've been so easily brushed off. Just because I don't feel it necessary to talk about things going in my personal life doesn't mean that things are okay, and maybe I don't like getting anger misdirected at me because you're upset about things going on in your life!

So go ahead and fucking lynch me. I don't care. I'm done with this game, and I'm done with mafia.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Oh, so now you guys want to ping me?

You know, regardless of alignment, just because I'm online on discord or posting on other parts of SF doesn't mean I'm actually online. People spent a good part of earlygame pinging me like mad and really annoying me, and when I'm not around no one bothers me to notify me then and suddenly "oh she's scum because she's not around"? I mean, I know I've been playing like shit this game. What else is fucking new. I have no problem with people scum reading me because of my actions. But not actually being around doesn't make me scum, especially when no one tries to get my attention!

Also, I'm especially mad at a certain someone. No, I don't care that it's been two days. I'm still not over it, and at this point I'm not sure that I will be. I've literally never been so upset over something that should've been so easily brushed off. Just because I don't feel it necessary to talk about things going in my personal life doesn't mean that things are okay, and maybe I don't like getting anger misdirected at me because you're upset about things going on in your life!

So go ahead and fucking lynch me. I don't care. I'm done with this game, and I'm done with mafia.

Yo you should read the day so far, it's pretty lit

WHO THE FUCK CARES IF I'M SCUM OR TOWN I LITERALLY HAD AN EMOTIONAL BREAKDOWN IS MY FUCKING ALIGNMENT REALLY MORE IMPORTANT THAN THAT

Scum doc sounds weird to me, because it would only be there to block my action (which is pretty much a one shot, barring Marth duplicating the TP potion and giving both to me I think).

Prims and Eury both basicly confirmed Shinori is a doc, so unless those three are the scumteam, Shinori should be town. Only scenario I could see them do this is if SB was our actual doc.

Weapons' role souds townie, although Eury is the only one who confirmed it. Omega was a really suboptimal shot though, and Weapons' role being real is currently the only other explanation. Scum shooting one of their most likely misslynch targets to give someone towncred in MYLO doesn't make any sense.

Via's role is basicly confirmed as well, and both his play and role make me think they're town.

Leaning towards Athena/Boron/Eury as well at the moment, but Prims isn't really cleared either. Would really like to hear Athena and Boron claim right about now....

tbh I think town!Boron subs out in this position instead of going "please lynch me in MYLO so we lose the game". (Hopefully me posting this doesn't come off as harsh / insulting but there is still a game for me to play in spite of emotions and whatnot.) But yeah, hope you feel better at least :(

like... I definitely don't see Boron as the sort of person to want the entire town to lose the game just because of her emotional state? so I'm taking this as scum giving up.

Okay, I was gonna do a structured post, but since most of today has been people just listing scumteams and trying to understand what the hell has been happening, I'll just list my scumreads and post my role

I'm pretty sure Via's town. I hope you're okay Boron, I'm sorry, but I also feel you should be lynched today. After that, I'm less certain.

IF Shinori's role is correct he has to be town. Since Prims confirmed him, I feel that either they're both town or both scum. Probably the former.
If they're town, that leaves Eury/Weapons/Bartozio as the other scum members. I felt eh about Eury yesterday and still do, I had Weapons as a townread earlier but I don't think Bartozio would be lying about his role? I'm extremely confused atm.

So for now I think the scumteam is Boron/Eury/Weapons, but I'm not so sure about Weapons. If some combination of Bartozio/Shinori/Prims is pulling something crazy on us, well, good job.

My role:

You are Athena, the Yggdroid.
You begin with 35/35 TP.

I have 2 abilities, the first is called rocket jump, it costs 15 TP and lets me be unaffected by all actions for a night (Including scum's factional kill), but it binds my legs together, which means I can't perform this role. The second ability costs 5 TP and lets me unbind my legs, so I can rocket jump again.

So basically, I can dodge all actions twice, but not in consecutive nights. Atm, I see no reason to say what actions I have performed/how much TP I have/whether my legs are bound as I think this is information I need to keep away from scum. If you really feel I should say it I will, but I'd rather not let scum know whether or not they should target me.

I've been sitting and pondering my course of action with this breach of the rules. I have decided to not modkill Athena, as the breach was minor, and they are a new player. It will however be a first and final warning, further breaches will invoke the modkill. @ me after the game (or now) if you disagree.

Hi folks, if you'd give me a bit before lynching, that would be great since it's 8 am and I haven't went to bed yet.

That being said I think Eury may have something to say by the time I get back if she posts.

4 hours ago, Vi-astra said:

the eury/shinori buddying all game has been kind of grating though i dont really know why shinori is so convinced she's town.

I mean I was null for a lot of day 1.  I'm more confident in the read though because of the fact that I was scum with her last game.  I can explain more when I get home.

From my PoV, Shinori is the main reason why today started with 1 townie death instead of 2 (myself). In that sense, his actions don't really make sense as scum, as he really doesn't gain anything from scumside from having saved a townie slot.

Despite having confirmed Weapon's NA, I'm personally not reading his slot moreso as a town role currently. With my own role, plus that of Omega's, Via's, AND Shinori being a doc, this seems like way too much protection coming from townside. Unless this game derived from the possibility of townside screwing each other over during the night phase, it seems a bit too excessive to have available to us. Secondly, I am also moreso used to seeing drivers being scumsided moreso than town, and I'm more curious as to why he chose to drive himself and Omega. Part of the reason why I'm skeptical is due to the fact that it would be theoretically pretty easy to manipulate the situation in order to make it seem as though Weapons was an intended NK target and thus clear himself by that means. 

Am I the only one confused as to what Marth's items in his Role PM were supposed to do? I was wondering if this, alongside Via's items, were too much to be handed out on townside, but what were his items even supposed to do??? Was there someone specific that were made to utilize the items in a specific manner, or something else? (Since according to the role PM he posted, the materials alone don't do anything?)

As a side note, I think I know who my neighbor is now, and by the looks of things, it kinda makes sense in the timing/notion I actually saw the other day.

Pretty sure Boron/Snike slot was/is my neighbor. If I'm wrong, then I'm dumb, but at the same token I have reason to believe they are.