Etrian Odyssey 3 Mafia - Game Over

Grace

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Bartozio, why did you shoot N1? Why not use your other role 4x instead?

##Vote: No Lynch

Would really rather someone died tonight. Who can make use of extra TP? I can pass it along this night phase, but otherwise will use it and switch myself with who I think will be nk’d. @Shinori you need to full claim too.

Snike claiming would be nice any time now. I guess Eury/Snike/Athena makes sense as a scum team? I can’t shake the feeling that scum organized their claims to corroborate each other, but I can’t figure out what configuration makes sense. On second thought, maybe a Snike lynch would be fine and if it’s gg then it’s gg; I don’t want to think about this game anymore.

6 hours ago, Snike said:

Hi folks, if you'd give me a bit before lynching, that would be great since it's 8 am and I haven't went to bed yet.

That being said I think Eury may have something to say by the time I get back if she posts.

4 hours ago, Eurykins said:

Pretty sure Boron/Snike slot was/is my neighbor. If I'm wrong, then I'm dumb, but at the same token I have reason to believe they are.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/xUPGcz2H1TXdCz4suY/giphy.gif

Ok yeah I may as well out that I'm the neighbor alongside the ascetic part. I don't know why my predecessor didn't out that she was ascetic or the neighbor and I'm not going to spend time defending it. It was bad, esp. when Eury outed and she did not. I'd say if I needed to guess that maybe the neighbour bit was brought on by paranoia by the fact that flavor suggests the Flowdia might not be entirely loyal.

I skimmed the thread the first time so I might take some time to reread after, but here are my thoughts on the game:

-I think shinori is town based on doc claim + prims scan + supposed vigilante save.

-Marth's role appears to be more duplicating items then actually focused with the materials. That being said the fact that he could've picked one of 3 mats makes me think there's a role out there that uses these items.

-Prims is probably town based off of supporting the doc claim when he could've just as easily let shinori rot tbh.

-Via looks to be telling the truth with items + the role makes more sense as town in combination w/ marth.

-That leaves Athena, Bartozio, Weapons, and Eury.

-Despite the paranoia I think Eury's townie because the delaying shots appear to match up (Minus Weapons) + I feel like outing neighbors with flavor was a protown move. That being said action delayer is a scummy role because the role delayed could just be shot the next night and thus dies the result.

-Athena is a commute in a game with a town ascetic. Really. The commute could also be used to stop the tracker, like clarinets.

-Bartozio is the role in the game I think most likely to be hiding a material-using role outside of SB's missing role. The only confirmation that we have that he's actually a vigilante from what I understand (unless I've missed something) is from his own words and the fact that he can only use one of his role abilities where from what's public I think everyone with an active role can use one or both of their abilities multiple times w/o items so not being able to use that secondary ability is ???. Also SB claiming he could accidentally kill someone by dying along with a vigilante feels too swingy, and even if that is the case why did he shoot night 1 knowing that?

-Weapons is a driver. A self-targeting driver, allegedly, but a driver which could easily switch kills. His secondary role claim is also scummy, because that can be used as a safeguard. And I think the role doesn't fit with all these other passive-meddling roles. Honestly both abilities are scummy af. I think the drive could've been a gambit to get towncred by claiming shot, esp since it is mylo.

Tl;dr is I think team is probably Weapons/Bartozio/Athena based mostly on roles for the third individual.

##Vote: Bartozio

I think he's worse than weapons. But I think they're both scum.

I don't think we should NL today because a clear (Shinori Prims or via IMO) will probably die OR scum could no kill to put us back where we are today. Both are bad options imo.

Did shinori actually claim a save? I think he said he targeted eury but did he say the save came in or was there no notification?

rereading now

So you're saying that shinori's just a quack and he saved Eury for cred + Prims outed to solidify/share that cred?

Is the third eury in that case or is it someone else? I don't think it's likely but I'm willing to hear more.

The other thing is I guess that doesn't preclude bartozio from that squad alternatively if eury didn't get notified that they were shot at unless there's some other evidence of a vig existing

and now I'm not even sure if shinori has to be doc in that scenario

weapons what have you done?

1 minute ago, Snike said:

So you're saying that shinori's just a quack and he saved Eury for cred + Prims outed to solidify/share that cred?

Is the third eury in that case or is it someone else? I don't think it's likely but I'm willing to hear more.

Maybe Bartozio? But I’d think Bartozio and Eury would have to be scum together unless scum has a vig shot. Eury’s probably the most likely? I really dk.

What even is this theory. I'm not really convinced, since if Shinori's scum, Prims has to be scum since he confirmed him. But then either Shinori made a really fucking convoluted play to earn towncred, or Bartozio is scum as well and they came up with this janky plot. I dunno man, this seems really convoluted and there a like 10 scenarios I find more likely than that.

Still rereading but I have to do a few things irl.

I still believe in my first post, at least wrt Bartozio, but the stuff weapons said is bothering me

Like one of the things that bothers me is that if I didn’t switch and I died and Omega was alive, then the other roles would still check out and PoE would be Snike/Athena/Omega gg ez. But that’s obviously not the case. I think I’d be most comfortable with a Eury lynch today cause she seems to fit both scenarios.

1 hour ago, Snike said:

So real quick to answer your question(I quoted the wrong post, whatever)

Bartozio claimed to shot Eury and eury delayed his action to happen on the following day.  I used my role on Eury to protect her from the delayed kill.

To further elaborate my full claim is that I'm the monk.  I started with X TP and I get X TP whenever a town person dies.  My action costs 30 TP so I couldn't even use it until Night 2.  Have fun scum trying to guess if I have more charges or not.  Yeah I'm a doctor but I'm also a safeguard; you guessed it, I'm an omniguard.  Which is also why there are probably so many role blocking abilities and it's also why ascetic stands out to me so much so yeah I wanna lynch Snike still.  Not gonna comment on the posts Boron made today because they don't matter towards the actual game and I'm going to attempt to just ignore them.  (Hope you feel better though)  However D1/D2 weren't that good for Boron and her spat with me on D1 came off as really bad IMO.

Moving on to my arguments for why certain people are probably town.

I highly doubt Bartozio is scum because I see no reason as to why scum would claim vig or claim to be a killing role, especially at the point in time that he did claim.  It makes no sense from a scum perspective.  So I would not lynch Bart at the moment.  I don't see much of a reason to.  Assuming Bart OR Eury is telling the truth, (It only takes one of them to tell the truth WRT their actions) then Bart is town.  Bart claims to have shot Eury and Eury claims to have delayed him. The only way he's scum is if both him and Eury are scum. Period.  Would not lynch.

Weapons is probably town because of the redirect action that has been 'proven' by Eury last night, and ya know that means he was shot.  The tidbit about it not affecting him was probably because his role has a higher priority and his action already activated so there is no way for it to be delayed to the following night.  Would not lynch.

I'm heavily reading Boron/snike as scum and if they are the neighbor of Eury this makes me feel more confident in them as scum.  I feel one of the neighbor's is scum, otherwise why make it anonymous(I know rolespeccing but w/e) Also flavor speccing to a small amount based on who the people are claimed to be.  This is my WOULD lynch for Snike.  This also leads into my Eury argument.

I highly doubt this is a scum gambit claiming neighbors on day 2 and NOT having the other scum neighbor claiming.  Thus if Snike is scum, Eury is most likely 100% town.  I've had part of this thought in my head since day 2 when neighbor stuff was first revealed and the neighbor wasn't claiming.  Outside of JUST THE ROLE FACTOR Eury is also playing by far different than last game.  Yeah maybe she's just playing a better game from a scum perspective but I'm not reading her posts as scummy.  I've seen her scumhunting, I've seen her follow up on some questions and I've NOT seen scum-intent behind her posts.  So a combination of role + Meta is what makes me heavily think Eury is town.  WOULD NOT LYNCH.

Counting myself as a would not lynch as well obviously leaves me with a PoE of this:

Snike/Athena/Prims/Via.

I feel scum is amongst these 4 players and none of them are fully confirmed.  I've already made my post WRT to snike above so I'm not gonna break down his stuff again but moving into the rest.

Athena claimed commute but I would find it weird if commute/Ascetic are together but it could be plausible.  Is newbie but I don't think grace would care and would probably keep him as scum if he rolled it.

Prims claiming his information on me was weird and honestly I can see the kills that have been happening as coming from Scum!Prims.  Also his day 1 was following to his scum meta I feel.  Combining his D1 play with that random claim on me d2 made me heavily suspicious of him but I would question as to why they wouldn't just kill me if he was a scum rolecop.  Could be just WIFOM claiming it and letting everyone knows he knows what I am and purposefully leaving me alive  so yeah, idk.

And last but noy least is Via.  I'm pretty sure she's town but I'm not positive. The reason being is Marth's role.  Marth could give out pointless items that appeared to do nothing but the second part of his role allowed him to duplicate an item that he had and then give the duplicate item to someone else.  This would have to imply Via as town because Scum inventor with the items Via claimed wouldn't give her items to town so there would be no reason for town to have a role that duplicates items if he can't get items.

I'm currently feeling a snike/Athena/Prims scum team the most at the moment from PoE personally.

Still busy + trying to reread but couple things:

-There were town neighbours last game with the same conditions so I don't think the fact that we're not masons is AI.

-I'm Pretty Sure Though that we can't be both scum bc scum neighbors is orders of dumb. Either one of us is scum or neither of us is. So

-On Bartozio: Actually yes I am scumreading him. Unless my levels of reading have devolved to those of BBM I think Bart claimed info then vig when pressured, and I remember thinking that looked like a botched fakeclaim. Other contributing factors include shooting N1 when a player has admitted that they could accidentally die because of their role and not even considering to use the other power. I think it's more reckless scum than reckless town.

I guess I can see scum vig shooting in that light.

@Shinori Did you get notified that you blocked a shot?