Etrian Odyssey 3 Mafia - Game Over

Grace

59 minutes ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

-Clarinets: [.....] Another thing is that I don't think his catch post a few pages ago is bad and it doesn't strike me as scum trying to get votes off them? [....]

I think what I don't really like about Clarinets' post there is that when people 'forced' him to push someone, he did, only to immediately drop the case after realizing it wasn't well liked. Feels very "eager to please", which is why I classify his content as mostly trying to lose votes, not actual scumhunting.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo guys, I went to sleep last night and as I was thinking about this game, I decided that SB is scum. I don't buy him genuinely voting Via earlier or his latest push on me, reads like scum pretending to have directions. I don't know what Eury is, I have to go back and read more of her posts, but if she's town then SB has essentially claimed scum this day phase and needs to go. If Eury is scum, he miiight be okay, but I'm feeling bad about this slot.

Marth, I read his catchup posts and I strongly suggest vigging him tonight if someone has a shot. I'm also not surprised to see him slap me on his scumlist. It's self preservation and the kind of scumpost I figured he'd make on his return.

Also, both of these slots have floated doubt about a Clarinets flip, which is quite a scummy thing to say. Clarinets can go, but the way they talked about Clarinets creeped me the hell out.

There is a scum or two in the above. I need more Boron posts. I've only skimmed what happened since last night just now, I just woke up, but will take a closer look later. I'm fine with finishing off Clarinets for the record.

I have not read Shinori enough but every time I read him I've not got any scumvibes? The worst I'm getting is him defending Eury with stuff I don't agree with but otherwise I'm fine with his play. I disagree with his reasons for finding Clarinets scummy but I don't think it is scum motivated and I think the points on Boron were actually good. I should probably read into his read on Bartozio later on, I think I got a headache spending 3 hours on rereading already.

I don't have much to say on Athena but I think a solid stance on the game would be nice to have from you? I think you're proactive which is good in general but we've been getting more question from you in the last few pages than opinions so that would be cool.

Weapons I thought had a good reason for voting Clarinets ED1 but hasn't shown up since so I can't really get a good read on him.

I'm not scumreading SB. I don't think the Via vote was really bad because if you thinking someone is mudslinging your claim its reasonable to push early in the game. Also the Omega and Eury votes are cool in my book.

I'm not scumreading Prims and Via either.

@Bartozio I disagree. Boron was barely a wagon and the only serious vote on it was me(Omega shifted votes within a couple of pages),  and Eury was only recently pushed as a recent wagon. Not sure if I'd be considered a counterwagon, I don't think I can answer this since I'd be biased.

@athena_57 fair enough on that. I see what you mean wrt his unvote, it makes sense.

12 minutes ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

I don't have much to say on Athena but I think a solid stance on the game would be nice to have from you? I think you're proactive which is good in general but we've been getting more question from you in the last few pages than opinions so that would be cool.

I'm not going to list my opinions on everyone, but most notably:

Clarinets - I've made it clear at this point I need more from this slot. I don't like his posts, I don't like his lack of activity and I need opinions. Reading scum heavily.

Eurykins - Though I don't hate the cases on her, the more recent stuff at least, I'm reading null atm. I sort of liked her recent posts and think most of her rebuttals were fine. Cool there's a second wagon out there, but at this point in time I'm not seriously considering a swap onto her. Null.

Marth - I previously said I liked your actions but disliked the tone, but the tone of your recent stuff has been good. Leaning town very slightly.

Boron - Still struggling with a read, though I tend to agree with most stuff she's said. Null.

I feel these four are the most "relevant" discussions and this point, I don't see a reason to share my other reads, especially considering none of them are very strong. Though I guess I should mention my opinion on Via depends BIG TIME on how he responds to the questions posed, most importantly on why the hell he hasn't read Clarinets' stuff.

As a counter-question, how do you feel about the Eury wagon? I mean both about Eury herself and the people voting her. 

I was actually going to vote Eury but I didn't realize that Clarinets' unvote was terrible until you told me about it so I'm waffling now.

I think the votes on her are good with SB's being the weakest in my opinion. I don't think Via could pull what he's doing now as scum because he gets anxious too easily and would not make a risky move of defending his buddy who people want to get lynched. Bart's case comes from a gamesolving perspective rather than a counterwagon perspective IMO, he was the first to point out Eury's flaws IMO and he has been pretty fine with Clarinets getting lynched, don't feel like that tone is coming from scum.

SB's would be the most likely to come from scum if you think scum are on the Eury wagon but I honestly think that there aren't any scum on the Eurywagon right now.

##Unvote

I guess I'll need to think about this some more. I'll be around for a few hurs before I sleep, no idea if I'll be around for deadline. Chances are no, I'll probably be asleep.

16 minutes ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

@Bartozio I disagree. Boron was barely a wagon and the only serious vote on it was me(Omega shifted votes within a couple of pages),  and Eury was only recently pushed as a recent wagon. Not sure if I'd be considered a counterwagon, I don't think I can answer this since I'd be biased.

I think you had SB, Via, Weapons and Boron on you around the time the Clarinets wagon was starting up, and 4 votes after RVS counts as a wagon to me. Admitedly, that wagon started a bit before the Clarinet wagon, but scum could have jumped on it to make it an actual counter wagon.

Also, my point wasn't so much that there were actual counter wagons, more that there were attempts to start one. You have to consider that if Clarinets is scum, there's only two buddies left to try and start a wagon, so there's no gurantee those attempts will go anywhere. I mean, Omega has been jumping between you and Boron with his vote, two of the people who probably seemed the most likely to become a wagon at that point. Boron came into the thread ignoring the Clarinets wagon and jumping onto your wagon. Can none of this be seen as an attempt to counterwagon in your eyes?
(Note, this is meant as an example, I'm not currently assuming these three are the scumteam.)

Furthermore, I haven't played that many games with Clarinets, but I think he was much more involved with the game in Cupheads mafia before flaking. As in, sure he flaked after page 3, but he was actually scumreading people and conversing about the game before leaving, which feels a lot better then he has done in this game.

Well, I read back and saw that Eury is getting a lot of heat but am not seeing her as super scummy at the moment? I don't get why she's the second wagon right now. I don't find myself having much synergy with anyone this game, feel like I'm missing something.

Nothing else has changed from my last post.

##Vote: Clarinets

I reread cuphead mafia the first few pages after I posted about clarinets and I can agree that he was more proactive in that game before flaking while here he has been very passive. Your argument about the counterwagon thing is convincing in my eyes so yeah.

Do I like put him at L-1 or something? I'm afraid to lose my net again.

I'll be hitting the sack soon so yeah, Idk if I will be on at deadline, possible if I end up waking up early for no reason, deadline is around the time I wake up. 

im bbarely awake need to sleep a bit more but bart I use he pronouns. anyway I will be back before deadline and make one last big contentpkskt

2 minutes ago, Vi-astra said:

im bbarely awake need to sleep a bit more but bart I use he pronouns. anyway I will be back before deadline and make one last big contentpkskt

Oh crap, did I mess that up somewhere? Appologies.

Hey everyone. So allow me to clarify, just for the record. Seroquel is a prescription drug I'm on for schizoaffective disorder, and insomnia. it's not something I use as a recreational high. when I'm on it I become really sedated and more or less "sleepwalk." I don't know if you guys remember the shit I said during persona 5 that was very typo-laden but TL;DR I probably shouldn't try to mafia anymore after taking it lol.

shinori stubbornly digging for reasons to find me scummy reminds me of last game when he stubbornly dug for reasons to defend eury. all in all I'm not really bothered except that we need to put a little less emphasis on "they are playing differently this game, so they must be scum." there's meta, and then there's expecting peoples' playstyles to be completely static every game you play with them. I used to be a LOT more aggressive as town in my earlier games here before I took my mafia vacation. I clung onto my eury scumread as confirmation bias admittedly which is why I got so into it. but please don't take me acting more aggressive than my previous few games as a sign that I might be scum. I've been rusty and I'm getting used to the game again, and my playstyle is evolving. everyone's playstyles are going to evolve and people are going to want to improve the way they play the game, try new things. I know I am guilty for using metareads often but again, there is meta, and there is expecting people to play the exact same way every game and considering it a scumtell when they don't. and I know I haven't rolled scum in a while, and haven't rolled scum AT ALL since the SF mafia revival, so a sudden change in my playstyle such as me acting more aggressive and a little more rashly than usual will probably draw eyes, yeah, I realize. but you can't just take that and auto-assume that means I'm not town.

last night I did not read posts as clearly as I could have so there were mistakes I made such as assuming eury was a wagon and forgetting eury didn't vote clarinets when his wagon first evolved. I can acknowledge that. but please at least try to understand where I'm getting at.

content coming in a sec.

I didn't stubbornly dig for reasons to find you scummy at all.  I said you pinged me massively which you did. I was stubbornly trying to falsify anything at all.  But the fact that you basically made a gigantic paragraph saying that I could be scum with Eury, who I've not actually been defending, based on meta of one game where I even stated I was intentionally playing different in while ignoring questions I asked really does rub me the wrong way.

Instead of making a gigantic paragraph that doesn't have any valid strength behind it could you find posts by me that strike you as having scum-intent?  Feel free to include the stuff we talked about last night if you want but also include some of my earlier interactions with Boron/Weapons and Co.  Also if you could, please answer the questions I asked last night, such as give a read on Clarinets since I don't think you have yet.  If you could also comment on the cases that are against Clarinets.

I'm not just going to forget that stuff because you made some big paragraph attacking me the next day while ignoring the other stuff that pinged me massively.